PDA

View Full Version : Dogus North Cyprus Anygood?

niceguyeddie
January 12th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Hi were pursuing microsort with pgd for a boy and have had mixed responses from this clinic, the other clinic we were looking at was Farah in Jordon but it has poor response.

2LilMenNeed1Princess
January 12th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Hi i'm unsure whether we r goin to get pgd in 2013 r sway for a girl, but have been researchin the last wile. What i've learnt so far is the success rates in Dogus are not good. I tink Farah has better success rates. There is also a clinic in Cyprus called Genesis and they have a very good repitation too, i doctors name der is Dr. Savvas. Hope dis helps ;)

nuthinbutpink
January 12th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I think Genesis has the best reputation. I think there has been zero success with North Cyprus.

Mollymaybe
January 12th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Give Savvas a go at Genesis. He has a really good reputation. I wouldn't risk going anywhere else in Cyprus - the north was a bit, well, rough. Molly. X

seven gorgeous babies
January 15th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Although genesis doesn't do microsort he uses his own sperm sort. On all the girls who've posted he has a 75-80% gender split in your favour.
So I had 8 embryos. 2 boys and 6 girls.

Please please don't go to dogus. You would be wasting time and money!
They have NO GENUINE success at pgd in the 3 years I've been following them.

2LilMenNeed1Princess
January 16th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Although genesis doesn't do microsort he uses his own sperm sort. On all the girls who've posted he has a 75-80% gender split in your favour.
So I had 8 embryos. 2 boys and 6 girls.

Please please don't go to dogus. You would be wasting time and money!
They have NO GENUINE success at pgd in the 3 years I've been following them.

Hi

Just wondering did u only cycle once with Dr. Savvas and then get BFP?

seven gorgeous babies
January 17th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Yes :) just once with savvas. He's great

lisvna
January 19th, 2012, 05:13 AM
I would say give the Genesis clinic in south Cyprus a try. Dr Savvas Koundouros is a nice doctor. Unfortunately I had a faild cycle. I will go in a few months again.

Nolwenn
January 21st, 2012, 03:41 AM
Hi,

Well I thought Dogus was good and we booked PGD for a girl. We were surprised that almost everyone gets the same treatment - they do not give you enough care to see what the best treatment or approach or even medication should be to enhance chances. I think no one has success on PGD with them. I am very healthy and the hospital in London said I have very good chances - we paid money to Dogus, they did not like us changing hotels and they did not even bother helping us with transfers, the PGD did not work. We kept contact with other UK couples and none of them got pregnant either. I will probably try again at Genesis. I am confused about the fact that Dogus no longer shows as accredited on the official Microsort US website and now it is showing North Cyprus IVF and I am torned between North Cyprus IVF and Genesis but I think as we have already tried North Cyprus (we had enough of the Turkish side really), we will probably try Genesis next time. This is a lot of money and we cannot put all of what we have for PGD every time. Dogus was not very organised and does not bother replying to me after I said I was negative pregnancy. Do not go with them that's my advice. Hope this helps you!

Mollymaybe
January 21st, 2012, 04:00 AM
Hi Nolwenn, I went to Dogus and it was rubbish. A total waste of money not to mention a nightmare experience. I'm going to Genesis in 2 weeks and I have to say, the treatment so far has been perfect. Exactly as it should be. I just wanted to say you're probably best avoiding the north. It doesn't have a good rep at all. The only bfp's you see are from fake posters! I think there is 1 clinic in the north though (forgot its name...ukcfa or something like that!) which is meant to be ok and has produced bfp's but its expensive from what I've read. X

seven gorgeous babies
January 21st, 2012, 09:07 AM
Nolwenn - my first cycle was at north Cyprus ivf and like dogus they seemed to have no individual protocols, just gave everyone the same protocol!

The communication was bad, the dr or embryologist didn't speak English.
They promised me free transfers from villa to clinic and then said no when we arrived.

They never contacted me and I had to chase them up.

Genesis are so different! Professional, caring lovely people.
I've never seen a bfp from north Cyprus ivf or dogus.
Don't waste your money xx

Harwoodempire
March 15th, 2013, 07:00 AM
My husband and I have just returned from the Dugus clinic in North Cyprus.
We arrived on the 4th of March and had two embryos placed on the 9th of March we are just waiting for the blood test to confirm results.
We found that the staff were very helpful throughout our time there we were called each day to advise of what was happening and when we would be picked up.
We stay at the Buyak hotel which was very nice however any drinks or snacks you wanted had to be paid for separately (this was not the clinics fault).

Julie was outstanding when I came around from the GA after egg collection she was there waiting for me to wake up which was very nice.
We would recommend the clinic

londonmum*
March 15th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Hey ladies, just wondering how much is the cost at Genesis clinic for pgd for girl? :)

lisvna
March 15th, 2013, 03:22 PM
The last thing I have heard is 6700 euros for ivf/PGD and 1200 euros spermsort. That's for one cycle. For 2 cycles its 12000 euros included spermsort. Both prices are without medication.

lisvna
March 15th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Harwoodempire welcome. Nice to hear some good news about Dogus. I think you are the first one with a nice experience. I hope you get your BFP. If thats the case you will be the first one we have ever had at this board for years!

Ps: I hope you are a real person and not a salesman of Dogus. We had them in the past here at the boards........

Laurie
March 17th, 2013, 10:21 AM
I had 2 cycles with Dogus for PGD which didn't work!! Never changed anything second time round. They were annoyed with us when we changed hotel also. This time on second cycle with genesis and my protocol changed. On day 8 of Stims and according to scan yesterday I have a lot more follicles . Very happy with genesis , lovely people. Good luck with your decision.

chattymonkey
July 2nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
Hi, I'm new to here (from the UK) and am about to put all my hopes for a little girl in North Cyprus IVF - I have choosen them because they offer microsort - does anyone have any advice about where to go / success rates - I'm 40 so I'm worried I'm also too old.

lisvna
July 4th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I wouldn't recommend north Cyprus ivf clinic from dr Savas Ozyigit. Neither will I recommend Dogus as we have never seen women came back pregnant.

The only good clinic in Cyprus is Genesis clinic in Limassol in South Cyprus. The doctor is Savvas Koundoros.

Good luck with your decision