PDA

View Full Version : what gender baby refused to uncross the legs?

girlmom
January 12th, 2012, 10:51 PM
well i went in today and knowing i was probably too early to get a decent guess i asked my doctor to take a quick peek ( she had guessed 80% boy for my friend the week before)im 15 weeks and baby refused to uncross his/her legs. i have no boys to compare with although 3 of my girls did refuses to uncross their legs. so i called a few friends with both genders. most told me the boys were loud and proud to be boys hehe and the girls were always a little shy. i don't think im out of the boy running just yet but i was wondering if anyone has noticed its mostly girls who tend to be shy?

begonia
January 12th, 2012, 11:13 PM
I've heard that too girlmom ... I don't have any experience with boys, but I can say that my 1st and 2nd DD were VERY open to showing that they were in fact female :) So for me, 2 of 3 girls have not been shy. I'll be curious to see what replies you get on this!

love being a mummy
January 12th, 2012, 11:16 PM
All my girls have shown me but my boy was the shy one he had his legs closed. Everyone I knew told me I was having a girl cause only girls have their legs closed, I proved them all wrong.

girlmom
January 12th, 2012, 11:27 PM
maybe it depends on the baby then. i don't have boys to compare with, but i know my nephews were not shy at all about telling the world they were boys. 3 of my girls weren't shy at all about being girls and 3 refused to uncross their legs. my first refused for the entire pregnancy. the ones who didn't mind us looking were the ones i had trouble keeping clothing on though

begonia
January 12th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Too funny girlmom ... I never made that connection but my DD2 was the most happy to show her bits, and is absolutely the most likely child to be walking around naked :) This one wasn't particularly shy but she was just so active it was hard to get a good view.

TTC5
January 13th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Girls, a few of mine did this lol!

Myloves
January 13th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Interesting question. My first boy was shy (or at least, we couldn't really tell what his goods were at the time), and my girl was also shy. But boy 2 was totally open and anyone could tell he was very much a boy.

lobella2
January 13th, 2012, 10:02 AM
My son had his legs crossed every ultrasound. We tried multiple times to see his goods. My daughter had her legs totally open. The one I am pregnant with now was kind of in between. We got good shots, but she wasn't making it super easy.

zanacal
January 13th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Mine have all been happy to display their goods - I'm sure it's just luck!

Hobbermittens
January 13th, 2012, 04:26 PM
maybe it depends on the baby then. i don't have boys to compare with, but i know my nephews were not shy at all about telling the world they were boys. 3 of my girls weren't shy at all about being girls and 3 refused to uncross their legs. my first refused for the entire pregnancy. the ones who didn't mind us looking were the ones i had trouble keeping clothing on though

I know of 2 boys who had their legs crossed!!

XXdreaming
January 13th, 2012, 08:22 PM
never had any issue seeing my boys, they were definitely proud lol, my sil took several u/s to confirm her girls(3 of them) BUT my sister never saw what she was having the baby would never uncross the legs, her intuition said girl we agreed and was absolutely shocked to see a boy at birth lol,

Zivic-Bubac
January 14th, 2012, 11:14 AM
My DD1 was very shy LOL! Kept us in agony for quite a while lol!

Princess of Pink
January 14th, 2012, 04:03 PM
All 5 of my girls had the good firmly hidden. To the extent that I was never able to know the gender via u/s ever!

3Pink1Blue
January 14th, 2012, 04:28 PM
My oldest girl was sitting on her crossed feet, my other two girls were happy to share.