PDA

View Full Version : vit. d and recurrent miscarriages

baci di farfalla
January 14th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Does anyone have any personal experience with low vitamin D levels and m/c or have any knowledge of vit. D supplementation for recurrent m/c and it's effects on infertile women... (especially those with high natural killer cells?) TIA

Here are a few things I have found while researching the subject:
Vitamin D3 Therapy | Success After Multiple Miscarriages (http://www.preventmiscarriage.com/Reproductive-Immunology/Treatments/Vitamin-D3.aspx)

Vitamin D and the immune system: new perspectives on an old theme (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2879394/)

Vitamin D Deficiency And The Immune System | LIVESTRONG.COM (http://www.livestrong.com/article/255650-vitamin-d-deficiency-and-the-immune-system/)

Boost Fertility with Vitamin D | Naturally Knocked Up (http://www.naturallyknockedup.com/boost-your-fertility-with-vitamin-d/)

michaela
January 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I take it but it is because of my immune issues. I take 6,000 to 8,000IU per day.

baci di farfalla
January 14th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Has it helped w/ your NKC levels? I am hoping to avoid having to take humira due to the side effects. My dr has suggested that I take between 6,000 iu and 8,000 iu of Vitamin D3 too. I'm H&P that the vitamin D helps w/ some of my autoimmune issues as well. I have read a lot of promising things.

3Pink1Blue
January 14th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I discovered I had a severe vit d deficiency after dd3. I went through the vitamin therapy and take a daily maintenance dose. I had one m/c before correcting my levels and one several years after.

michaela
January 14th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Has it helped w/ your NKC levels? I am hoping to avoid having to take humira due to the side effects. My dr has suggested that I take between 6,000 iu and 8,000 iu as well. I'm H&P that the vitamin D helps w/ some of my autoimmune issues as well. I have read a lot of promising things.

I haven't had my levels tested again to know if they have come down or not. Hopefully it has worked though! Are you doing intralipids at all or just Humira? Have you been to Dr. Braverman's site/forum? He is having lots of luck with Neupogen but it is pricey. Then again do is Humira right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baci di farfalla
January 15th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I haven't had my levels tested again to know if they have come down or not. Hopefully it has worked though! Are you doing intralipids at all or just Humira? Have you been to Dr. Braverman's site/forum? He is having lots of luck with Neupogen but it is pricey. Then again do is Humira right?

My dr wants to try intralipid therapy and humira but I'm worried about the s/e of the humira. I would love to hear about other womens experiences with this combination of therapy for implantation failure. I'll def. look into the neupogen treatment as well. Thanks:)

michaela
January 15th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Yahoo groups has a board for reproductive immune issues. I am sure someone on there could help!!

LolaInLove
January 24th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I just caught up with a good friend who took a year to conceive, and her doctor tested her Vit D level and it was severely low. She said she started a high dose (like 8,000-10,000 iui a day) got her pregnant in a couple months.

tinksmagic
March 15th, 2012, 02:06 AM
I am severely deficient as well and have been boosted months ago with 50,000 a week, then 1,000 daily. Sadly I am still m/c'ing twins so I don't know if being deficient contributed to it. I may have needed more than 1,000 a day, but I am checking in to it. Thank you for posting the links.

tinksmagic
May 28th, 2012, 12:01 AM
I had more bloodwork done last month and my Dr (who's awesome!!!) checked everything and found that last year my Vit D was at 16 (when I went on the 50,000 ui, then 1,000 daily) and now it's down to 13!!! WTH!!!??? I'm back on 50,000 for 12 weeks then we'll check again. I'm probably going to end up on 8,000 daily too. :/

Since I've been reading everything on how to get healthier, I've also added in calcium and magnesium so that my body will actually absorb the Vit D. I'm learning so much now I wish I had thought to read up on all of this 2 years ago! I am determined to have 2 healthy boys next time!!!

LolaInLove
May 29th, 2012, 01:18 PM
ITA about the D3 vs D2....

tinksmagic
June 11th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I checked my bottle, it's D3 :) 6 more weeks on the 50,000ui then I drop to 8,000 a day (my choice). I hope to have blood drawn again in July.

baci di farfalla
October 9th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Just wanted to update: My dr's put me on D3 (dose dependant on my levels) and 81 mg ecotrin (aspirin) and I am finally pregnant with what I H&P is a sticky bean. I truly think getting my levels normalized helped me. We were taking a break and low n behold, AF was late so I tested and got my BFP. GL to you ladies :) I just wanted to share in hopes of helping someone else.

lisvna
October 9th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Congratulations! Im so happy for you!