PDA

View Full Version : Super New & Confused, would love some answers...

sosapop
January 14th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Hi-
So I just discovered this forum, and was shocked at the price of IVF/PGD at HRC and somehow I must not understand it correctly because it seems incredibly low. The price was approximately $11,000. Is this right, or would I have to purchase a package of 3 attempts to get this price?
I am from Florida and every clinic is around $30,000 for IVF/PGD. If HRC really is this reasonable, is there a waiting list for the procedure? I am 31 and met with a clinic in Jacksonville and the doctor seemed to think it would not take long for me to become pg - my DH is just opposed to $30,000+...

nuthinbutpink
January 14th, 2012, 09:22 PM
First, welcome. Second, $30,000 for one cycle is crazy! Yes, HRC is low...I think $11,200 for a single cycle- someone correct me. I cycled in Atlanta and paid around $15,000. I think I would look beyond that clinic!

ETA- I checked and yes, $11,200 which includes GSN testing. No meds or anesthesia in that though and no money back. HTH

sosapop
January 14th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Thank you nuthinbutpink! So you wouldn't recommend your ATL clinic? That would be closer for me!

nuthinbutpink
January 14th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Oh, absolutely! RBA in Atlanta with Dr Straub is who I went to. Others have too. Their success rates are really good and all embryology is in house unless you prefer 24 chromosome testing and they send that out. RBA is great!

ETA- Sorry, I did not realize you posted this in the Expert section! Have you been to the Member HT forum? There are tons of cycles in there now and people from all over. Potter is obviously a great option but if you want to stay closer, there are other options!

Dr. Potter
January 25th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Hi-
So I just discovered this forum, and was shocked at the price of IVF/PGD at HRC and somehow I must not understand it correctly because it seems incredibly low. The price was approximately $11,000. Is this right, or would I have to purchase a package of 3 attempts to get this price?
I am from Florida and every clinic is around $30,000 for IVF/PGD. If HRC really is this reasonable, is there a waiting list for the procedure? I am 31 and met with a clinic in Jacksonville and the doctor seemed to think it would not take long for me to become pg - my DH is just opposed to $30,000+...WE are $12,200 for IVF/ICSI/PGD24. 30,000 is very very high. Often small clinics charge more because they lack the economies of scale. We have plenty of capacity at this time and would be happy to see you if you don't go to Atlanta. I would at least contact Stephanie to set up a free Gender Dreaming phone consult with me. stephanier@havingbabies.com