PDA

View Full Version : Beta HCG and twins

Mummatog
February 19th, 2019, 06:17 PM
Hello ladies. This question probably gets asked a lot. But I’m wondering what everyone’s beta levels were when you conceived twins?

I’ve had 3 draws done so far (due to repeat miscarriages) I’m 41 and I guess have a higher chance of multiples at this age. My levels so far.

13dpo 242
15 dpo 600
19dpo 3100

Is this considered higher than the norm?

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

ABC.2606
February 19th, 2019, 09:54 PM
With my twins, my first beta at 15 dpo was 967. At 18 dpo it was over 2,500 and at 21 dpo it was close to 8,000. I don't think yours are a lot higher than normal. They are good numbers though! And HCG levels really can't tell you if it's twins - some women have crazy high numbers with one baby and some have normal/average numbers with twins.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

atomic sagebrush
February 20th, 2019, 02:35 PM
I do get this question all the time and I have honestly not seen any correlation. I'm sure it's true (logic dictates, as does science) but I'm just saying, all the people who have come to me in a panic over "high hcg" and convinced it is twins - it is still practically always singletons.

I'm not sure ifyou're familiar with the Betabase website The BetaBase (http://www.betabase.info/chart/basic/single) but you can check your betas online to see how they stack up. Yours really isn't that high.