PDA

View Full Version : Baking soda test

annabel♥lee
January 15th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Put a tsp. or so of baking soda in a little cup. Pee on it. If you get fizz or foam, you're baking a boy. No fizz/foam=girl.

No fizz for me. We'll see. LOL

auroara78
January 16th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I did this a few days ago and had no fizz! So here's hoping its right and I have a girl in there!

Annabel, when will you find out?

KnockYourBallsOff
January 16th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I've never heard of this one!!! Good luck ladies!

lobella2
January 16th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I did this during my first trimester and got no fizz. I am having a girl so it was right for me.

girlmom
January 16th, 2012, 09:38 PM
i think its more accurate the further along you are. i heard after 12 weeks. but it seems we all have girl results then. i did try this one a few days ago and got no fizz so what are the odds i have yet another girl??? i did however do the intelligender and the bleach test and got boy results. im still not sure if im finding out gender so i'll have to update on the 4th of july.
has anyone done the bleach test?? add like a 1/2 cup of bleach to your pee if it foams up like beer you got a boy and if it fizzes like sprite its a girl. mine foamed so much it overflowed but again i was like 6 weeks at the time so i hear it isn't so accurate then.

annabel♥lee
January 16th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I did this a few days ago and had no fizz! So here's hoping its right and I have a girl in there!

Annabel, when will you find out?

Well, I have my NT scan next Monday (the 23rd) and I'm really hoping they'll be able to make a guess for me. I'll be a bit over 13 weeks. I'm also planning to do an elective gender u/s at 15 weeks.

auroara78
January 17th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Ahh neat, can't wait to find out the results! Good luck!

girlmom
January 17th, 2012, 12:40 PM
i had a scan a few days ago but my baby refused to uncross his/her legs. after poking baby and changing positions baby uncrossed legs for about 2 seconds. it wasn't long enough for a good look but we didn't see anything poking out. so im stuck waiting until next month. but 15 weeks is a little early for a 100% sure answer.

DoulaMama
January 17th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Mine fizzed..... :\

TTC5
January 17th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Never heard of this lol!

nikbaby3
January 17th, 2012, 11:22 PM
I tried this around 12-13 weeks. It didn't fizz for me and the tech told me today at my ultrasound that she was 90% sure my baby is a GIRL!! So it was right for me! Good luck hope its right for u too!!

dannikins
January 17th, 2012, 11:27 PM
its actually more accurate before 10 weeks.
before all the cravings change your PH.
they say its best between 6-10 weeks

girlmom
January 18th, 2012, 12:17 AM
hope thats true but im thinking its probably another girl here. my gender tests done with number 6 around 6 weeks were all wrong. but hey i guess u/s is the only way to tell for sure. im a firm believer in bbt. if your temps are high its a girl, temps are low is a boy. but this can only be proven if you are consistant about taking your temps month after month after month and have a pregancy or two to back them up. my crosshairs on ff are always 98.0 and after O they jump to 99.2. my last 2 daughters did this. and the current pregnancy although i don't know the gender yet to back that up. i will let you know.

Layla1234
January 20th, 2012, 10:39 PM
what is the theory behind the baking soda test? why would it fizz and why not?

annabel♥lee
January 22nd, 2012, 03:10 PM
girlmom- did it fizz for you?! :D

girlmom
January 23rd, 2012, 12:53 PM
well the baking soda test was all wrong. i got zero fizz. however the bleach test was correct. you add equal amouts of bleach to fmu and if it fizzes and looks like sprite or 7-up its a girl. if it foams at all its a boy. mine foamed!

Hobbermittens
January 23rd, 2012, 11:38 PM
Oooh!! Mine fizzed!! It looked like a beer!!

Katie&Eddie
February 1st, 2012, 05:04 AM
We just did the baking soda test and no fizz, no change or anything. Fingers crossed! We find out on Friday at 10:00GMT :-)

purplepoet20
February 1st, 2012, 12:08 PM
I am wondering is this based on ph or something?