PDA

View Full Version : after a D&C question?

XXdreaming
January 16th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Okay I have had 5 losses, 4 of them were natural miscarriages(started bleeding on my own and lost them) I would bleed from 5 to 7 days and then my cycle would start about 30 to 40 days later, this was my 1st d&c I bled for 6days and spotted on the 7th, and today is 12 days from d&c and I woke up to bright red blood enough for me to have to use more then a panty liner, so I am confused lol could this be my cycle starting? Or what's going on definitely nothing like my other 4 losses

ThreeLittleCritters
January 16th, 2012, 03:51 PM
I had a d&c in Dec (it was also my 1st. My other 2 losses were natural). I think it's very unlikely that it's your period already. My doctor told me that some women bleed for up to a month after a d&c. As long as it's not really heavy (soaking through a pad in an hour) there's no reason for concern. My d&c was also very different from my other losses. For about 2 weeks after mine I would pass random large clots. I was barely spotting but would occasionally have a big clot. It was so weird. But it stopped and now I think things are back to normal (OPK is soooo close to being positive so I think O is getting close). I'm really sorry for all of your losses. It really sucks to go through so many. I hope that your bleeding stops and things go back to normal soon!!!

Off topic, but if you don't mind me asking, have you had any testing done to see if there's any consistant reason or cause for your losses? If you don't want to talk about it I completely understand. Everyone deals with m/c differently. I just thought that I'd ask because I'm going in for some testing in a couple of weeks and I'm really nervous!

XXdreaming
January 16th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I go to a high risk ob so I get the normal blood work, testing for all the normal stuff like lupus? For the autoimmune disorders? Blood clotting disorders, stds, vaginal infections etc, I am not sure what all he does, but testing on the fetus hasn't been done because all my m/cs were natural, this one was tested but I don't know the results yet for that until the 19th, but other blood work for more extensive testing on myself and dh for chromosome abnormalities my insurance won't pay and it will all have to be out of my pocket which I don't have :/

Jojogirl
March 24th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I sort of had here and there bleeding for a while. It was never consistent. I don't think it's your cycle this soon! Stranger things have happened, though. Sorry for your loss :(

TTC5
March 24th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Sorry for your loss x