PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Journey Begins Offically Today

cape grace
January 16th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Hi girls -
I came from the IG website which is now not working. I was following Desperate, five gorgeous babies and rugbyteam so it is nice to see some of them on here! I am going to Genesis in May and had my blood tests done today (day 2) - I have my scan on friday. I feel this is the start of my journey and will keep you updated as to how it goes. I felt very nervous getting the tests done today and sick when i think about the money involved in going down this route but I feel I have to give it a good shot and pray it to work the first time - could I be THAT lucky?! Your support and stories and any opinion you have for me are greatly appreciated :-)
pray for me !! :DD:

onlythelonely
January 16th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Good Luck, and all the best.

2LilMenNeed1Princess
January 16th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Goodluck.. It will hopefully be me goin to Genesis next year. Of course it can happen first time...keep tinkin positive ;)

nuthinbutpink
January 16th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Awesome! Good luck! Desperate and FGB post in the member forum. Love to have you join us so we can get you a cycle sticky and follow along! Either way, KUP and good luck!!!

stargazer
January 17th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Hi Cape Grace!

Good luck to you. We would love you to be a genesis OHW. We are going in July so I will be following your cycle and cheering you on.
welcome to this forum. (I dont know how anyone could do HT without it!)
xx

rugbyteam
January 17th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Good luck!! We are going back out in May/june hopefully for a holiday, funds depending. We are still pulling our belts in from our 2 cycles. Your in the best hands. Have you gone direct to cy or through Rainsbury? X

Mollymaybe
January 17th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Hi cape grace. Good luck to you with your 1st cycle. Let's hope it works 1st time! I'm going to Genesis for my 2nd try (1st at Genesis) in feb. I fly out on the 8th and should have Ec on the 13th with et on the 18th. I'll keep you posted on my experience. Molly. X x

cape grace
January 20th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Good luck!! We are going back out in May/june hopefully for a holiday, funds depending. We are still pulling our belts in from our 2 cycles. Your in the best hands. Have you gone direct to cy or through Rainsbury? X

i am going directly to cy - i am irish so having all the scans and bloods done here and then to savvs for the rest. now that the ball is rolling i am very very nervous and am constantly battling in my head if this is the right thing to do. i try to focus on the dream but the doubts keep coming back! the thoughts of it not working!!!

cape grace
January 20th, 2012, 04:55 AM
thanks girls for all the support - i must join as a member and see you all there too :-):DD:

Frilly Lady
January 20th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Good luck cape grace I will be following your story. X

cape grace
January 20th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Good luck cape grace I will be following your story. X

Here are my blood results that I got today - not really sure how they are in terms of "normal" and have to wait for my AMH results for a few weeks
What do you think girls?
I have sent them to dr savvs but while i wait his reply your opinions are appreciated :-)
FSH : 8.87 miu/ml
Prolactin : 167.49 miu/ml
LH : 6.88
Estradiol / Oestrogen : pmol/l 101
Testosterone : 1.05
Had my scan today (day 6) - it went well - all looked fine so thats a relief.

cape grace
January 20th, 2012, 04:43 PM
yes please keep me posted molly - will be praying for you - good luck !!

wanting a boy
January 21st, 2012, 03:29 AM
Good luck am going out in march so be thinking of you x

Dalecarlia
January 23rd, 2012, 04:46 AM
Good Luck Capegrace!

Dalecarlia
January 23rd, 2012, 04:48 AM
Good luck am going out in march so be thinking of you x
I am new to this forum (been posting on ig), but will be going to Genesis, Cyprus for my third attempt at pgd in march as well. When in march are You going if I may ask? I fly there on march 11th and then back march 21st.

Pink4me
January 23rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
Hi cape grace, just wanted to wish you luck. We're hoping to go in June. x

Mollymaybe
January 23rd, 2012, 01:18 PM
Good to see you over here dalecarlia. You should become a member so you can see all the cycles that are posted. Molly. X

lisvna
January 23rd, 2012, 03:01 PM
Hi Dalecarlia! I'm also here but not a paying member ;)

Dalecarlia
January 23rd, 2012, 03:52 PM
Have actually tried to become a member, but it seems I have to figure out how to get a paypal account first...:D, donīt have one yet. Does anyone know if there is some way to just pay using Your credit card number?

nuthinbutpink
January 23rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
Have actually tried to become a member, but it seems I have to figure out how to get a paypal account first...:D, donīt have one yet. Does anyone know if there is some way to just pay using Your credit card number?

Paypal is it for security reasons. We do not need to be handling your CC information directly. With Paypal, you still use your credit card(or checking account if you prefer) and it is all secure and hands-off. It's easy to set it up. Just have to create an account on paypal.com.

threemonsters
February 2nd, 2012, 06:42 AM
Here are my blood results that I got today - not really sure how they are in terms of "normal" and have to wait for my AMH results for a few weeks
What do you think girls?
I have sent them to dr savvs but while i wait his reply your opinions are appreciated :-)

Cape - when are you planning on going to Cyrpus?

I was trying to get the past and present cycle summary update with who is going when - are you soon?

lisvna
February 2nd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Threemonsters I don't know if you are interested in me too? I went in October 2011 to Genesis Cyprus but it was a bfn. My cycle buddy was Dalecarlia, maybe you know her? My second try is beginning of April we are going back to Savvas.

threemonsters
February 3rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
Realli interest to hear about your experiance lisvna. Glad to hear you set going back to Savvas as well. Do tell all......and good luck for April.

iwantonemore
February 10th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Hello everyone
I m going to Savvas on March 31st. Will anyone else be there too? I have had my bloods taken this week and my scan is on Monday. I am so excited, I pray for everyone on this site daily. I know how it feels. Can anyone recommend a villa near Genesis as we are travelling in a big group.

I have followed you all on IG, but never posted.
Look forward to our dreams coming true together.

lisvna
February 10th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Iwantonemore, we will (almost) be cycle buddies! We will arrive on 3 April. We will stay in Paphos (hour drive) and rented an appartment. Last time we stayed in Pissouri Bay (half an hour drive) and rented a villa. We prefer Paphos because you have many restaurants, dancings, a harbor and an ancient city. Maybe we can meet in Cyprus!

fiveboysandagirl
February 11th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Hi ladies. I have just joined this forum and I am interested in your journeys particularly because I am planning to go to cyprus in the next few months. We have five sons and want a daughter. I used to post on in-gender but the forums aren't working any more? Are you all from IG? I can't decide who to go with. I thought North Cyprus but is Genesis better? It will be my first attempt and I really can't afford to throw money at lots of attempts so hoping for a BFP first time! I get pregnant easily so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

lisvna
February 12th, 2012, 03:12 AM
There is nowhere a guarantee that it will work the first time unfortunatly (I was hoping too). I hear many negative stories about Nort Cyprus Ivf many girls went but all bfn....

carine.2013
February 17th, 2012, 04:25 AM
What do you think girls?

Thank you Cape Grace to share your experience with us.. Lots of +++++++ for your adventure..

lana2020
February 25th, 2012, 12:36 AM
same as mine. the problem i do have paypal accoint and for some reason they ask me to updata some information which I didn't actuaally take care for it. Then, I keep enter my new card number but unfortuntely, it was pending. After I provide the information they request, my account was opened but they won't accept my card any more. I request a new card and I will see how this work!!

clarabell
March 4th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Hello to all you ladies, I will be praying for you all and so interested to hear how you get on. In my dreams I would love to have a girl, after three boys. I doubt I would ever be able to try high tech option due to the cost. I should imagine the whole situation to be a roller coaster ride of emothions. Life can suck at times, but so positive when you hear of happy outcomes. I too am from the IG site and do recognise some names. My little man is only 5 months old and my husband has said NO not yet, but I'm working on him. But I think I will be in the bathroom with a microscope, just a worry when you hear of failed sways. Where is the Rainsbury clinic is it the US? I know life is full of surprises. Good luck ladies x

lisvna
March 5th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Rainsbury is in the UK I think? But you can do it without and go straight forward to the Genesis clinic in South Cyprus. That's the way I did it because I'm from Holland so you don't need Rainsburry ;)

Pink4me
March 5th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Yeah Rainsbury is in the UK. I think he's the man who arranges everything for you but you still have to travel to Cyprus to do the PGD. It's just as easy to sort it out yourself and a lot lot cheaper.

clarabell
March 5th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Thanks that is interseting, yes I'll keep doing the Loto, and maybe one day I could afford to go to Cypress, it will be interesting to see the results of all those going. I wish you all lots of luck.

Laurie
August 29th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Hi I'm Irish too and thinking of trying Genesis. I was wondering when you said you did testing here, where did you go, and did you tell them you were trying gender selection.