PDA

View Full Version : Measuring off!! Possibly boy sway fail.

momtobe3
March 27th, 2019, 11:13 AM
Okay so i need help trying to figure this out. I tracked my ovulation and I thought I for sure I ovulated 2/19. Shown in pics. Which would make me 7 weeks 2 days. And I go in for my scan and baby is measuring an ENTIRE WEEK OFF. How? I got a positive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation. She said oh you definitely could’ve got one 3 days post ovulation. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190327/f8c4aa6a8b0ee107b8ae120d94061a17https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190327/60170ac8519418919bef71a6cd1e55ef.jpg.jpgWhat. I am so happy baby has a heart beat and everything is great. She just also said baby is probably a girl from the girl swimmers and I swayed boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2019, 02:55 PM
Well, any tech that says you can get a positive pregnancy test 3 days after ovulation doesn't know what they're talking about, or is trying to humor you by telling you false information.

Unfortunately the pics are not showing up, can you repost?

X sperm DO NOT live longer than Y, that's totally debunked. Nor does timing sway anyway so even if you got your timing wrong, it can still be a boy.

Techs do get measurements wrong sometimes. Also possible to have been slightly off on O Day AND for the tech to be a little off on measurements and have this end up to seem like a surprising deficit when it isn't really

momtobe3
March 27th, 2019, 05:01 PM
Well, any tech that says you can get a positive pregnancy test 3 days after ovulation doesn't know what they're talking about, or is trying to humor you by telling you false information.

X sperm DO NOT live longer than Y, that's totally debunked. Nor does timing sway anyway so even if you got your timing wrong, it can still be a boy.

Techs do get measurements wrong sometimes. Also possible to have been slightly off on O Day AND for the tech to be a little off on measurements and have this end up to seem like a surprising deficit when it isn't really

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190327/ab5a4964c9f080517fb60c9c1fcbf37b.jpg

momtobe3
March 27th, 2019, 05:01 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190327/ab5a4964c9f080517fb60c9c1fcbf37b.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190327/299509d5e99ccde83c0c7a4d59e14ab2.jpg

momtobe3
March 27th, 2019, 05:04 PM

Thanks so much atomic. You’re right, I had 4 attempts and this hopefully doesn’t effect my sway. So she’s saying I ovulated 2/26, when I got a positive test 2/28. Makes no sense. Do you think possibly I could’ve conceived yet maybe not have implanted later? An encouraging friend also told me boys start out little bit catch up later on.... hoping that’s the case. Similar situation happened with my very first son actually :)

atomic sagebrush
March 28th, 2019, 02:10 PM
I'm afraid that no one can tell anyone based on their OPK what day they ovulated. Just not possible for us to do that because OPK can be false positive or false negative.

atomic sagebrush
March 28th, 2019, 02:11 PM
Thanks so much atomic. You’re right, I had 4 attempts and this hopefully doesn’t effect my sway. So she’s saying I ovulated 2/26, when I got a positive test 2/28. Makes no sense. Do you think possibly I could’ve conceived yet maybe not have implanted later? An encouraging friend also told me boys start out little bit catch up later on.... hoping that’s the case. Similar situation happened with my very first son actually :)

Yeah it's just not possible to get a BFP two days after ovulation.

Sorry, no, you can't conceive and then implant later (and even if you did, the baby would still appear the appropriate gestation on an ultrasound since it would have been developing all that time)

Most likely is that the tech made a mistake.

momtobe3
March 28th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Yeah it's just not possible to get a BFP two days after ovulation.

Sorry, no, you can't conceive and then implant later (and even if you did, the baby would still appear the appropriate gestation on an ultrasound since it would have been developing all that time)

Most likely is that the tech made a mistake.

Thank you. That’s what I’m thinking or maybe baby will catch up with growth later. The dr said she didn’t want to move the DD yet thankfully