PDA

View Full Version : C-section #5, our HT DD is here!

2blue1pink
April 6th, 2019, 06:10 PM
There aren't a lot of people who have 5 c-sections so just wanted to update for others who might be in this boat that I had my 5th c-section in mid March, it went really well, healthy DD was born 7lbs 5 oz at 37 weeks in mid March. It was a little scary as I was at higher risk for accreta having had 4 prior c-sections including a vertical incision on my uterus the first time , my placenta was anterior which tends to also be riskier for accreta, but thankfully it was not a problem! My ob actually said my uterus still looked pretty good if we had wanted another (no, we don't, tubes are tied, we are done.) My recovery was always pretty easy and this was no different. It was scariest for me this time going in just with the increased risks of bleeding, etc., but it all thankfully worked out!

My ob has said that she has seen women with super thin uterine scars/windows even after much fewer c-sections, I have always asked her if she thought my uterus would be okay with another pregnancy even after #4 (and she did say yes, it still looked good), so that is one thing I would keep in mind, though!

I will post a picture and DD details on my cycle thread :)

ruupau
April 7th, 2019, 04:35 AM
Congratulations on your DD, and thank you for reassurance,

Sent from my CRO-U00 using Tapatalk

hopeforpinkbaby
April 7th, 2019, 10:23 AM
Congratulations on your little princess!

4blue2pink
April 7th, 2019, 03:10 PM
Congratulations!! :heart:

kittendreams
April 7th, 2019, 05:22 PM
Thank you for this it is something I worry about as I've had 3 c sections and want to try for a 4th.
Congratulations on your daughter xx

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2019, 12:02 PM
So happy for you and thank you for sharing your experience with your c-section. I often get this question (and have people being scared by overzealous doctors that they shouldn't have more even after just one section!) REally appreciate it!!

2blue1pink
April 8th, 2019, 05:33 PM
So happy for you and thank you for sharing your experience with your c-section. I often get this question (and have people being scared by overzealous doctors that they shouldn't have more even after just one section!) REally appreciate it!!

I have heard stuff like that too. Or doctors that automatically tell women they can only have X number of c-sections, etc. There are definitely some women that should stop before 5 but it doesn't mean some women can't safely have 5. I spent a lot of my pregnancy stressed about possible accreta or bleeding out, etc. so it would have been nice to hear this.

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Exactly, and I really appreciate it so much taking your time to tell your story! :heart: enjoy every moment!

LMSM
April 9th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Congrats and welcome to your new baby girl :)