PDA

View Full Version : Dreading ultrasound on Monday.

applesoup
January 18th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I have 3 boys & find out on Monday if I finally get ONE little girl...or another boy. I thought I was okay, until my friend asked me about it. Now I think I'm going to lose it.

I just. I really hope that I don't lose it. I hope that I can be just disappointed & not... devastated. I hope that I can look at my boys and see how much joy they bring me & realize that another boy will do the same. I hope it brings me closer to God. I hope it doesn't make me bitter.

Yet, on some level, I'm just not sure -realistically- how I could react better to it this time than I did last time. Ya know? DH had DS 1 & 2 hug me & give me kisses when I was crying after I found out about DS3. I just felt...out numbered & saddened by their non-female presence. Being with my boys made me more sad. I cried for 2-4 weeks straight. Moped and was in a depression about it until he was...1 year old?

On some level, I keep thinking that out of 4 kids I should (at least statistically) have the chance to have a girl...at least once. One! That's all I want. That's all I've ever wanted. One. If not statistically, then God knows. He knows. And, being all-knowing, if He decides not to give me a girl. What then? What then?

I just don't even what to go down that road right now. What then. I can't keep having kids for the sake of getting a girl. DH won't get snipped because he's starting to think that a large family is God's plan for us. 5 boys?? 5 boys?? That's all I can think about. (5 boys sounds SO much different than 3 boys + 2 girls.) I'm not even sure I'd entertain a 5th unless DH scientifically had his sperm counted to PROVE that there's a girl in there. Wait, that'd be violating rule number 1: I can't keep having kids for the sake of getting a girl.

With DS2 & DS3 I went on ingender wrote a post like this & secretly hoped that I didn't have to return. (Don't take that the wrong way, I love you guys & SERIOUSLY have NO ONE I can talk to about this.) This time? I don't expect to hear girl. I really don't. I'm just trying to brace (once again) for the fall. For the devastation. For the pain. Never joy. Just more pain. :SS:

You know. I thought I was ready for Monday. But after talking about it for the first time, I'm not sure I am. After all, who really wants to hear "It's a boy!!!" for a FOURTH time?

God help me. :broken:

TTC5
January 18th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Good luck!!!

alreadyneedivf
January 18th, 2012, 04:06 PM
just wanted to wish you good luck and send you hugs!! I am really really hoping you hear girl!

nuthinbutpink
January 18th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Do you really want to find out? I really hope it is a girl and then, of course, everything will be bright and shiny but it is a boy, will you be okay the rest of the pregnancy? I completely understand how you are feeling- I'm sure we all do. I think if I had a do-over, I would have not found out with DD3. I think it would have stung at birth but looking at a new baby is different than when it is out of sight in your belly.

Just a thought. Good luck with the scan if you do go! I hope you see pink!

LolaInLove
January 18th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Be brave, honey. We are all here for you no matter what happens, and there are tons of women who have felt the same exact way. You could just be getting upset for nothing. But I hear you about the God thing....I have struggled with my belief since I have had 2 losses and can't seem to get pg again. And all I do is pray that I get a baby, either boy or girl, I don't even care anymore. Just try to relax this weekend and spend some quality time with your family. Monday may be glorious.....big hugs though.....I understand your nerves about this.

Cinss
January 18th, 2012, 04:25 PM
FX you hear girl at your scan.

Hobbermittens
January 18th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I don't know if this will help you, but 4 boys was my dream family. I never wanted daughters. I used to think everything happened for a reason, and we are given the children we end up with because they are meant to be with us for some reason or another... but when you desperately want something and don't get it, it is hard to see things that way. I really hope you hear girl on Monday...but if you don't, we are here to support you. :hugs:

KnockYourBallsOff
January 18th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Oh sweetie. I go team green for this reason. I understand. Although, I didn't REALIZE I wanted a girl until after DS3. So, I can only imagine how intense your GD is since you've dreamed of a DD for so long.

Be brave. Cry if you need to at teh u/s or at home. Then, if it is a boy, just go day by day and if possible, see a therapist. I really think it helps.

Did you get any nub shots?

begonia
January 18th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Hugs Applesoup! You know there are so many of us who can identify. We're here for you, either to celebrate the news or to lift you up when you're struggling. FX that on Monday you get that feeling of joy so many of us long for.

And FWIW, my DH has said the same thing ... that maybe we are having DD3 because it wasn't God's plan for us to stop with 3 kids. But I find myself with you... I can't keep having kids to pursue having a son! For some of us clearly it doesn't matter what we wanted or felt more inclined to raise, our desired gender just isn't in the cards for us. At some point we have to accept it and move on. It's just flat-out hard and a perfect example of "life isn't fair."

Is DH going with you? Will you have them write it down or tell you while you're there in the scan? We'll all be thinking of you and keeping FX!

applesoup
January 18th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Do you really want to find out? I really hope it is a girl and then, of course, everything will be bright and shiny but it is a boy, will you be okay the rest of the pregnancy? I completely understand how you are feeling- I'm sure we all do. I think if I had a do-over, I would have not found out with DD3. I think it would have stung at birth but looking at a new baby is different than when it is out of sight in your belly.

Here's my problems with waiting until birth:

1. If I wait until birth, then there will always be SOME part of me (up until the minute I look down between its legs) that will be HOPING for a girl. I hate to keep the hope alive only to be disappointed when I look down.

2. After DS3 was born (& I knew he was a boy before he was born), I was taken to my recovery room. And I was smitten to hold my little baby & glad it was all over. BUT, the nurse started talking about another little girl down the hall...and I was JEALOUS. I'm sitting there, holding my son, & I was jealous & sad that I didn't have a girl.

I really think if I wait, I'll have worse PPD than I did knowing.

It's hard, because I know I'll love the baby. I know I'll love holding him. It's just not realistic that I'll be happy to hear it's a boy.

grasshopper
January 18th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Applesoup...I can relate a little as my scan is tomorrow...of course I am hoping to hear "it's a boy" so how about we do an exchange...you can have my "it's a girl" worries and I'll carry yours. :o)

My only truly comforting thought for myself is that if it is another girl, then that little girl will be coming into the world with such a willingness to be loved by us that it can't possibly be denied that she was meant to be here. That thought alone somehow gives me the most overwhelming sense of love for this baby without me even knowing what the gender is (wow, I really can't stop the tears now).

Fingers crossed for you Applesoup...hope you can find your comforting thought to get you through until Monday.

applesoup
January 18th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Is DH going with you? Will you have them write it down or tell you while you're there in the scan? We'll all be thinking of you and keeping FX!

Yes, DH will be coming. A good friend is kind enough to watch the boys for me. I'm strongly thinking about having them write it down & find it out later. (Has anyone done this? Did the tech ask WHY they wanted them to write it down?)

I really appreciate everyone's support & well wishes. It means a lot to me. :HH:

Is this how you all would feel? Or am I sounding more upset & (crazy?) then you'd be? :worry:

nuthinbutpink
January 18th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Applesoup...I can relate a little as my scan is tomorrow...of course I am hoping to hear "it's a boy" so how about we do an exchange...you can have my "it's a girl" worries and I'll carry yours. :o)

My only truly comforting thought for myself is that if it is another girl, then that little girl will be coming into the world with such a willingness to be loved by us that it can't possibly be denied that she was meant to be here. That thought alone somehow gives me the most overwhelming sense of love for this baby without me even knowing what the gender is (wow, I really can't stop the tears now).

Fingers crossed for you Applesoup...hope you can find your comforting thought to get you through until Monday.
Good luck! Please update us when you can!

annabel♥lee
January 18th, 2012, 06:30 PM
(((hugs)))

I get where you are coming from, although I only have two boys. I am a nervous wreck for my NT scan on Monday. I'm assuming they'll look at the gender (I'll be over 13 weeks so probably not too early), but I'm terrified.

alreadyneedivf
January 18th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Having them write it down can be a good option--then you don't have to be nervous about your reaction in front of the u/s lady. You don't need to tell her a reason and if she asks just say you want to enjoy the moment with just your hubby.

Tons of people feel the same way you do! Trust me!!

begonia
January 18th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Yes, DH will be coming. A good friend is kind enough to watch the boys for me. I'm strongly thinking about having them write it down & find it out later. (Has anyone done this? Did the tech ask WHY they wanted them to write it down?)

I really appreciate everyone's support & well wishes. It means a lot to me. :HH:

Is this how you all would feel? Or am I sounding more upset & (crazy?) then you'd be? :worry:

This (your original post) is EXACTLY how I will feel IF we go for #4. I identify with those feelings now, with #3, which is why I'm not sure I have the courage to go for 4. And I know for sure you (and I) are not the only ones to feel like this, so at least if it's crazy you're not crazy by yourself :hugs: I totally (sadly) identified with you saying that when your boys hugged you after you heard about DS3, it wasn't comforting at first, it was just a reminder of being outnumbered. After hearing this was DD3 I had weeks where I was pretty disconnected from my girls and it was terrifying for me; it did pass though, and I am sure if you go through that again you'll get past it too.

Re: writing it down, we did do that. I knew the gender before DH and I went to my 20 week (I had a "secret" scan at 16 that DH still doesn't know about) but I also knew that hearing it again would make me bawl right there in front of our u/s tech. So we told him we wanted a photo of gender but that we didn't want to hear or see it in the scan. He was totally fine with that; I think it has become a pretty common request. So when he went to look at gender he told us to close our eyes, and then he folded the pics and handed them to us on the way out. We looked once we were in the parking lot so it wasn't like we did anything fun or exciting to reveal it, but like I said, I knew already so it was just confirmation for me. And I bawled all day. And days and weeks and months after.

But like Grasshopper said, there's no doubt in my mind I'll love her to bits and she's going to be a wonderful addition to our family. But the pain, the not having a DS, still hurts. It's hurt since DD1 wasn't a DS, so while I adore my kids and don't think I'd love a son any more than any of them, it just is an unfulfilled desire that will likely always be a painful spot for me.

Good luck Grasshopper! Blue for you, pink for Applesoup!

Mochagirl
January 18th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I'm so sorry you're so stressed, hun, and I think we all can relate. I too swayed unsuccessfully with ds3 and cried my heart out when I found out he was a boy. I do think this time I'm going to ask them to write the gender down because I don't want to start bawling while lying on the table.

Good luck, and I'll be thinking pink thoughts for you on Monday.

applesoup
January 18th, 2012, 10:22 PM
And I know for sure you (and I) are not the only ones to feel like this, so at least if it's crazy you're not crazy by yourself :hugs:

:hug2:

TTC5
January 18th, 2012, 11:14 PM
I'm so sorry you're so stressed, hun, and I think we all can relate. I too swayed unsuccessfully with ds3 and cried my heart out when I found out he was a boy. I do think this time I'm going to ask them to write the gender down because I don't want to start bawling while lying on the table.

Good luck, and I'll be thinking pink thoughts for you on Monday.

I'm going to do the same and ask them to take a few potty shots (while we look away) so we can sit at home and take a look. We know what girls look like so should be able to tell :P

KnockYourBallsOff
January 18th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Your emotions are TOTALLY normal!!!! I feel the same way!!!!

We went team green w/ DS3 b/c they told us TWICE that DS2 was a girl...but we found out at a 3d scan later on and it was VERY hard for me to disconnect from my 'daughter' and move on. So, we went team green w/ DS3...however the tech totally slipped and I knew it was a boy. DH wanted to continue to wait.

For the next baby....DH wants to go team green, but I really want to find out to handle my emotions before hand.

Thinking of you!!!!!

zanacal
January 19th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Big {hugs} and good luck for Monday. I was absoutely terrified before my gender scan - both of what the baby would be and how I would react. Now I'm terrified of a scenario like KYBO's!!

NewYorkmom
January 19th, 2012, 10:10 AM
With my second son I wish I would have had the tech write it down. She announced it was a boy. My husband really embarrassed me by saying how sorry he was because he knew I wanted a girl and asking if I was going to cry. I spent the rest of the pregnancy really sad. I felt a little better once he was born and now I just love him to pieces. He is the easiest, happiest, most lovable baby ever.

Good luck!!

KnockYourBallsOff
January 19th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Zanacal...your shot was clear!!!! I woudn't be worried :))))

I feel confident I know a 'good' girl shot now, so I don't feel too hesitant about finding out the gender via u/s :)))) No worries girlie!

fivebabies
January 19th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I think that asking them to write it down and looking when you're ready (or alone) is the best idea for you. I really do feel for you. And truly hope that you get your girl.

There are a million moms that feel just like you! We're here for you, you're not alone! :hug2:

angel-pink
January 20th, 2012, 10:24 AM
what time is your scan hun my scan is monday and i'm dreading it this is my 5th after 4 boys so i completely understand where your at right now so here what i suggest i'll go to mine at 10 o'clock and promise i won't cry until i'm home i'm getting them 2 write it down so I can hit my husband in private because obviously it will be he his fault lol so how about we cry together and dread it together and chat about how let down we are huge hugs to you pm me if you want hun

Lavenderlime
January 20th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Fx you all hear you DG at your up and coming scans ladies. I truely hope you get that magical moment. x

dramabird
January 21st, 2012, 12:31 AM
Just my own 2 cents': We went Team Green with DS2 and I regret that. Even in the last few moments of pushing during labor, I was thinking, "Be a girl, be a girl ..."

And, to make it worse, right after the baby was born (and before they announced a gender), my delivery nurse said to someone else in the room, "She's doing great." And I thought, "Yes! 'She'!" But then my DH leaned in and said, "We have a son and it's going to be great" (he was trying to be reassuring, as he knew what I was hoping for). So, yeah, the nurse was talking about *me* ... *I* was "she."

Anyhow, I bawled and bawled and bawled until my eyes were swollen. At least no one looked at me funny since it's perfectly normal for a mom to cry after delivery. And certainly the tears were partially due to big feelings of love ... but I also had big, big feelings of disappointment. And I feel like that was a cloud that hung over the first several weeks of my DS2's life ... and that's time I don't get back. So next time around, which will be our last, I do want to find out via ultrasound (we didn't find out with DS1, either, although a health condition meant I got a ton of ultrasounds in the last few weeks of pregnancy and twice I had nurses slip up and mention "boy" so I was 95% sure in advance). I want to have that time to adjust to the idea, if he is our third son, so that by the time he is born I can just be in the frame of mind to love him and soak up the newness of our last baby.

I think a person is just going to feel a certain level of disappointment if you don't get your desired gender. It's just a matter of when you feel better equipped to handle that feeling ... midway through pregnancy or after birth (which, you know, has lots of crazy hormones and a sore body and sleepless nights ... a hard time to also deal with sadness).

Sending lots of pink thoughts for you, without a speck of sadness in sight!!! :)

applesoup
January 21st, 2012, 02:35 AM
Dramabird, thank you for your post. I've thought seriously about waiting until delivery to find out & my mom was really pushing for me to wait this time. I think you said it best, "...a person is just going to feel a certain level of disappointment if you don't get your desired gender." And that's really the truth of it!

I appreciated your story, because I think I'd be the same way! The fact that you were still wishing for a girl as you pushed the baby out, is totally what I'd do, too. On some level, I would have some level of hope that it's a girl. JUST as I have some level of hope that I'll find out on Monday that it's a girl. The nice thing about Monday, is that I have 4.5 months to get over it, cry about it, and re-excite myself just to have a baby VS. wishing for those moments back.

Your story reaffirmed my decision to find out now. Thanks!

PS, what a fantastic husband to recognize what you were thinking when the nurse said that & to recognize your feelings enough to tell you gently it would be fine.

Deux Bleus
January 22nd, 2012, 05:09 AM
Hope you hear what you want at your scan.
Im not even UTD yet but I often think about how I will react to finding out the gender of #3.
good luck, FX'd!!!

Lotte
January 22nd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Good luck applesoup!

begonia
January 22nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
Thinking of you AS ... I remember the night before my scan I was a MESS! I think you're making the right call to find out; here's hoping we're having a virtual pink party here for you tomorrow :fx:

angel-pink
January 23rd, 2012, 06:53 AM
baby stopped growing at 8 weeks gotta go again wednesday to double check but was no hb found hope you get to here good news today and you get your girl

Mochagirl
January 23rd, 2012, 08:00 AM
baby stopped growing at 8 weeks gotta go again wednesday to double check but was no hb found hope you get to here good news today and you get your girl

Oh, hun - I'm soooooo sorry :hug2:

auroara78
January 23rd, 2012, 09:47 AM
Applesoup, can't wait to hear your results! let us know what you're having...hope you heard/hear girl, but I think it's good to find out early to give yourself time to get prepared, either way

Emmy2012
January 23rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
Good luck today Hun, I hope and pray you hear pink!

zanacal
January 23rd, 2012, 12:15 PM
Good luck today Applesoup - I'll check back later!

zanacal
January 23rd, 2012, 12:15 PM

I'm so very sorry xxx

LolaInLove
January 23rd, 2012, 12:23 PM
Good luck today!!!!

applesoup
January 23rd, 2012, 12:25 PM

:hugs: Big hugs, angel-pink! I'm so sorry to hear your news!!

applesoup
January 23rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks for being interested, everyone. I had to schedule my ultrasound for really late tonight, so DH could come after work. My ultrasound starts at 7:45 ET + dinner + lots of driving to go pick our kids up + kids in bed + probably cry a little while = late before I can post. (which I realize knocks out a lot of people from finding out today. sorry!)

Trying to get myself in the mind frame of another boy. It's hard because I just want a girl so bad. It's hard not to have hope. Told DSs that we get pictures of the baby today & find out of it's a boy/girl. We've made a HUGE effort not to talk gender in front of the boys. DS1 said, "I hope it's a girl because we don't have any." Yeah...me too, kid.

zanacal
January 23rd, 2012, 12:41 PM
{hugs} and FX! What time is it where you are now?

auroara78
January 23rd, 2012, 01:48 PM
Still hoping you hear pink! Will be stalking for the official update tomorrow...hopefully?

applesoup
January 23rd, 2012, 03:03 PM
{hugs} and FX! What time is it where you are now?

It's 1pm (MST) right now. My appointment is at 5:45pm MST (I converted it to ET for the folks abroad.)

Thanks everyone! Trying to stay busy & not think about it.

fivebabies
January 23rd, 2012, 03:15 PM
It's 1pm (MST) right now. My appointment is at 5:45pm MST (I converted it to ET for the folks abroad.)

Yay! I'm the same time zone...I will be checking in obessively! FX you hear "healthy"...and then girl! ;)

ELP
January 23rd, 2012, 03:18 PM

Aaargh!! I'm gonna be in bed lol. I'll be going to sleep with my fingers x'ed for pink for you, GL!!!!!!!!

Princess of Pink
January 23rd, 2012, 03:20 PM
I think there is a great chance you will hear girl! The biggest majority of people get an opposite on #4...not many keeping getting the same gender!!

purplepoet20
January 23rd, 2012, 03:22 PM
Here's my problems with waiting until birth:

1. If I wait until birth, then there will always be SOME part of me (up until the minute I look down between its legs) that will be HOPING for a girl. I hate to keep the hope alive only to be disappointed when I look down.

2. After DS3 was born (& I knew he was a boy before he was born), I was taken to my recovery room. And I was smitten to hold my little baby & glad it was all over. BUT, the nurse started talking about another little girl down the hall...and I was JEALOUS. I'm sitting there, holding my son, & I was jealous & sad that I didn't have a girl.

I really think if I wait, I'll have worse PPD than I did knowing.

It's hard, because I know I'll love the baby. I know I'll love holding him. It's just not realistic that I'll be happy to hear it's a boy.

The day my DS2 was born he was the only boy and there were 17 girls born right around the same time... Everytime the nurses came in they kept saying her or she, I cried everytime they left. I know it will be hard if it happens again but in the end loving your baby for who they are is a wonderful feeling no matter the gender.

applesoup
January 23rd, 2012, 05:45 PM
WELL! Here I go! Finish some chores, drive kids to babysitters, & drive to hospital. I wish this was as fun as it was the 1st time I had an ultrasound. I wish a lot of things.

I'm trying to convince myself that if it's boy #4, then God's using this to mold me into the person He wants me to be. I'm selfishly begging for my molding to be done a different way. I'm feeling somber. Kinda like I'm going to the funeral of my hope of ever having a girl. Praying baby's healthy. Praying a healthy baby is enough to comfort me.

Will update when I can. Thanks for prayers of peace & understanding.

Princess of Pink
January 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Good luck hon....I hope this is it for you, that you finally get that girl!

HappyLea
January 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Good Luck, hope you hear pink x

begonia
January 23rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
WELL! Here I go! Finish some chores, drive kids to babysitters, & drive to hospital. I wish this was as fun as it was the 1st time I had an ultrasound. I wish a lot of things.

I'm trying to convince myself that if it's boy #4, then God's using this to mold me into the person He wants me to be. I'm selfishly begging for my molding to be done a different way. I'm feeling somber. Kinda like I'm going to the funeral of my hope of ever having a girl. Praying baby's healthy. Praying a healthy baby is enough to comfort me.

Will update when I can. Thanks for prayers of peace & understanding.

Oh Applesoup ... the turmoil is awful. Lots of prayers headed your way these next several hours. Are you going to have the tech tell you or write it down?

fivebabies
January 23rd, 2012, 06:19 PM
Ack, wish there was a mass text list I could get on when you hear. Lol GL and know that this baby was meant to be in your family no matter what. :)

Cinss
January 23rd, 2012, 07:55 PM
Goodluck Goodluck Goodluck

annabel♥lee
January 23rd, 2012, 09:53 PM
Update?!?! :D

fivebabies
January 23rd, 2012, 10:29 PM
Yeah, we're dyin'!

Mochagirl
January 23rd, 2012, 10:33 PM
Ugh - I need to go to bed soon. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I hope it went well, applesoup!!! :luck:

applesoup
January 23rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
By the grace of God, it's a GIRL!!!!:XX::awe:

SO shocked. SO excited!! I'll post a picture in the ultrasound forum just to make sure you all agree!

Princess of Pink
January 23rd, 2012, 10:38 PM
I told you!! Yayyyyyyyy Have fun buying pink!!! So excited for you!!

begonia
January 23rd, 2012, 10:39 PM
OH!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!! Applesoup that's FABULOUS :)

Cinss
January 23rd, 2012, 10:50 PM
:cheerteam::ballerina::cheerteam:

Hobbermittens
January 23rd, 2012, 10:52 PM
Congrats!! That is fabulous!! Enjoy your baby girl!

annabel♥lee
January 23rd, 2012, 10:59 PM
Congrats on your girl!! :D

begonia
January 23rd, 2012, 11:11 PM
How did your DH and boys (assuming you told them already) react? Do you have a name picked? So much fun stuff to talk about now :)

applesoup
January 24th, 2012, 01:35 AM
How did your DH and boys (assuming you told them already) react? Do you have a name picked? So much fun stuff to talk about now :)

DH was with me at the ultrasound. We were going to have her write it down, but I decided last minute that it'd make it harder on me in the ultrasound. Just wanted to play it as cool as possible & SEE it with my own eyes. She went down there immediately (I was annoyed...didn't want the whole ultrasound to be "ruined" right away)...I saw that it was a girl, but it wasn't a great shot...she said she'd come back down later. (I didn't say anything.) She went back down later & affirmed that it's a girl! DH said to her that he didn't believe it--then I told her that we had 3 boys at home. She was very nice and went back several times to confirm. I think DH just didn't know what to look for! I KNOW what to look for & I'm still having a hard time! :)

We told DSs when we picked them up. My oldest was much more invested in it being a girl than I realized. We literally only talked about it 2x before. He cheered & was super excited it was a girl. So was DS2. At least they didn't have to be disappointed too...that would've made it hard...

YES, we have a name. I wanted a name in high school, but DH didn't like it. (Jaquelle...pronounced "Jah-Kel") I decided that I really liked the "elle" part of it best. I kinda decided early in this pregnancy that if we had a girl, it would be God bringing me peace & I'd name her Noelle. (Although, I've since figured out that it means Christmas...) Is that weird to name a girl born exactly 6 months after Christmas...Noelle? Honest opinions?

Honestly, I'm just SO excited not to have to decide on a 4th boy name. We were really stretching. I'll look for more girl names, but, for now, Noelle is it!

Cinss
January 24th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Noelle is beautiful

grasshopper
January 24th, 2012, 02:20 AM
CONGRATULATIONS...you must be so excited...fantastic news. So happy you were able to confirm it and can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy knowing that your beautiful girl is coming to join your family.

I also think Noelle is lovely.

HappyLea
January 24th, 2012, 03:06 AM
congratulations on your :DD:

angel-pink
January 24th, 2012, 03:48 AM
By the grace of God, it's a GIRL!!!!:XX::awe:

SO shocked. SO excited!! I'll post a picture in the ultrasound forum just to make sure you all agree!

congratulations hun

ELP
January 24th, 2012, 04:07 AM
:running::running::babygirl:
Noelle is beautiful!!!!! I am so pleased to get out of my bed on such a miserable rainy day as we are having here in blighty lol and read this wonderful pink news:bigsmile: I cannot wait for you and your family to meet her in all her pink squeezy loveliness lol xxxxxxxxxx

my4leafclover
January 24th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Congratulations!!!Yaaay Pink!!!! Noelle is a beautiful name. So Happy for you. What great happy news to wake up to!!

Mochagirl
January 24th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Wooo hoooo! I'm sooooo happy for you! And I loooove the name Noelle!

thirdtimelucky
January 24th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Congratulations Apple - I felt every bit of your trepidation in the lead up to the ultrasound. I am so so so happy for you. Your story is my wildest dream.

Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy.

begonia
January 24th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Oh I love the name Noelle, both for the meaning but also for the beauty of the name.

Such fun reading your story about DH and the boys :) If I remember correctly you didn't even tell many people IRL you're pregnant, so I'm sure you'll enjoy being able to announce it now. Congrats again, after following your story for months it really is lovely to see you have your moment!

LolaInLove
January 24th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Love that it's a girl, love the story, love the name!!!!!! Congrats!

zanacal
January 24th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Yay, what wonderful news! I'm so happy for you :D Noelle is a pretty name (and plenty of people use Holly and Summer all year round and I don't think it matters at all!).

Lotte
January 24th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Congratulations! :DD:

dramabird
January 24th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Huge congrats!!!

applesoup
January 24th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Thanks, everyone! We haven't told our families we're preggo yet...& honestly, it's been the most satisfying to tell you girls: the people who've supported me through it all. A big thanks for your love & support... I would've lost my mind by now if it weren't for you!

Praying you all get your desired gender!

Myloves
January 25th, 2012, 08:03 AM
CONGRATS!! So happy for you!

auroara78
January 25th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Applesoup, I am soooo super excited for you!
I think Noelle is a gorgeous name and I love it because it's unique enough but easy to say and everyone knows it, it's not just a common name, but sooooo precious! You've got to name her that!!!

So happy for you! :celebrate: