PDA

View Full Version : pre tests

seven gorgeous babies
January 17th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Hi

I am travelling to HRC from the UK in Aprill for PGD

I have recently had an unsuccessful cycle in cyprus

I have a list of bloods etc that i need to have

I am having trouble sourcing a UK clinic who will do a outpatient sonohysterogram.
I have children including a 10 month old baby - is this test vital? or is there another test or scan i can have instaed.

Also my husband has been asked for a sperm sample - again he has proven fertilty including a recent baby so is the sperm test complulsory? I've just seen a few other girls say there husbands didn't need to have it done?

Thanks in advance

Lillylolly
January 18th, 2011, 03:00 AM
There are two clinics in Harley Street which offer the Sonohystogram (also called a SALINE SCAN). My son was 9 months when I had mine & it was pain free and very simple. You can try The Birthing Centre & London Womens' Clinic, both of which are in Harley Street. HTH

seven gorgeous babies
January 18th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks LL
Trouble is I live in the Midlands so it would be a 6 hour round trip just to get to London????

Dr. Potter
January 18th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Hi

I am travelling to HRC from the UK in Aprill for PGD

I have recently had an unsuccessful cycle in cyprus

I have a list of bloods etc that i need to have

I am having trouble sourcing a UK clinic who will do a outpatient sonohysterogram.
I have children including a 10 month old baby - is this test vital? or is there another test or scan i can have instaed.

Also my husband has been asked for a sperm sample - again he has proven fertilty including a recent baby so is the sperm test complulsory? I've just seen a few other girls say there husbands didn't need to have it done?

Thanks in advanceGreat info!!

Dr. Potter
January 18th, 2011, 10:25 PM
There are two clinics in Harley Street which offer the Sonohystogram (also called a SALINE SCAN). My son was 9 months when I had mine & it was pain free and very simple. You can try The Birthing Centre & London Womens' Clinic, both of which are in Harley Street. HTHIt would be worth the trip if you can make a mini-holiday of it