PDA

View Full Version : Myo instiol

djmommy
May 9th, 2019, 08:03 AM
Just wondering if anyone had any side effects and effects on their cycle after taking this not having PCOS? I dont think I have PCOS but just started taking this after last cycle which was almost 90 days. I "usually" have ovulated by CD 13. CD 11 today and open circle. Only have 10 clearblue tests left so don't want to waste them. Thanks for any input.

atomic sagebrush
May 9th, 2019, 06:15 PM
It can possibly delay O for some people, but usually only those who have been dieting. Go ahead and go to the half dose or every other day like we discussed.

djmommy
May 9th, 2019, 06:30 PM
Ok so maybe I'll switch to 500 mg a day?

HappyLea
May 9th, 2019, 10:42 PM
I took it the cycle I fell pregnant but it was stopping me from ovulating.

I stopped taking it and ovulated about 2 weeks later, not sure if it did anything but I felt like I ovulated from my left side the ovulation pain was more intense than usual, I don't think I ever ovulate from my left always my pain is from my right :think::think:. I did fall pregnant that cycle and we just found out that we are having a girl after six boys. But we did do a couple of other things too so who knows.

Good luck xxx

djmommy
May 9th, 2019, 10:56 PM
Oh really? What cycle day did you end up ovulating?
And wow!!!!! Congratulations on your pregnancy and baby GIRL!! You must be so thrilled!!!!!!!

HappyLea
May 10th, 2019, 02:42 AM
I got my darkest opk on cd28 at 8pm so ovulated cd29/30
I normally ovulate around cd18/19/20 depending on length of cycle (mine vary)
I stopped the inositol on about CD 18 I think as my opks were showing no sign of me ovulating at all and I thought I could only be that stopping at as it was the only supplement I was taking.

We are super excited and nervous too we have another gender scan to confirm again as still can't quite believe it.

djmommy
May 10th, 2019, 07:14 AM
It can possibly delay O for some people, but usually only those who have been dieting. Go ahead and go to the half dose or every other day like we discussed.

So I did get a flashy smiley this morning cdb12. U think I should still half the dose?

atomic sagebrush
May 11th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Yes. It's fine and we don't want to go on with those many days of flashy, if it is impinging on ovulation.

djmommy
May 11th, 2019, 12:41 PM
Today is only the second day of flashing smiley. No ewcm though. I will do 500.

djmommy
May 13th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Day 4 of flashy smiley..argh.
Should I stop the myo?

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Wean off of it, although I'm not convinced it is causing this. Whenever we introduce a new variable it should be removed if we think even remotely it might be causing trouble. :heart:

djmommy
May 13th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Ok maybe 500 every other day? Im not convinced either but I guess I'm so scared to have another 90 cycle. I'm hoping I get a solid soon. Temp was lower than usual today. Not sure. Or do you think maybe my body just isn't going to cooperate anymore because of my age? Im thinking I may just need to throw in the towel soon.

djmommy
May 13th, 2019, 12:21 PM
And I hope you had a wonderful MOTHER'S DAY!:LotsofLove::LotsofLove:

atomic sagebrush
May 14th, 2019, 11:09 AM
Even if this is the beginning of the end, for most people our bodies go sputtering along for a while and you can absolutely still get pregnant during that time. Is there any way you can just keep trying without worrying about if you're ovulating and when? (probably not, because it's stressful, I know)

500 every other day is fine by me. I'm not convinced this is the myo coming into play, but at the same time, I'm not convinced that it's not, either.

djmommy
May 14th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Even if this is the beginning of the end, for most people our bodies go sputtering along for a while and you can absolutely still get pregnant during that time. Is there any way you can just keep trying without worrying about if you're ovulating and when? (probably not, because it's stressful, I know)

500 every other day is fine by me. I'm not convinced this is the myo coming into play, but at the same time, I'm not convinced that it's not, either.

Well even if I throw in the towel, there will still most likely be a part of me that will always try!! It is stressful wondering if I will ovulate, especially since I have never had this problem. I still am taking the myo, just 500. I mean I assume something must be going on to detect a flashy smiley ( or maybe not ) but I only have 2 tests left and they are too much to buy more. 5th day of flashing today. I guess I will just take it one day at a time.......

And I could keep up with e4d, I usually do anyway but am wondering if it is always in with a good chance?

atomic sagebrush
May 15th, 2019, 11:48 AM
I always want you guys to keep up with e4d. You always have a chance with e4d. Stopping BD - no chance. :)

The flashy smileys are weird - sometimes people get them for a week or even two.

Oh and thank you! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day too!

djmommy
May 18th, 2019, 10:00 AM
Ok 9th day of flashing smiley! Annoying.
Should I quit testing and or start over?
I thought maybe O would be on the way, lots of cm but not ewcm...ph was like 7.5 last nite then back to 5or 6 an hour later. They are just urine strips hubby had to test for alkalinity.

EDIT TO ADD
I got a solid tonight around 9. DH had too many beers at a party so it wasn't happening tonight!! Ugh
I have been doing e4d..last time was last nite,day before pos opk. Will tomorrow nite be too late? Day after pos opk?
I wanna cry

atomic sagebrush
May 20th, 2019, 11:53 AM
I want you to have an attempt right away if you didn't already! So sorry I only just now potted this.

Time is obvs. not our friend here so I want you to have another attempt whenever you are in doubt.

djmommy
May 20th, 2019, 12:07 PM
I most definitely did! Thankfully no Temp rise yet so maybe I will O today. Had attempt yesterday.

atomic sagebrush
May 20th, 2019, 02:27 PM
Great! Good luck!!!

djmommy
May 24th, 2019, 07:34 AM
Well I thought I ovulated but now not so sure.

I had very positive opk and solid smiley and temp shift but now it seems unstable.
Have the clearblue and got open circle after the solid for 2 days but now today got a flashey!
I thought these were the best. Could it have been a faker?

My chart

https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fertilityfriend.com%2Fh ome%2F26f267

atomic sagebrush
May 24th, 2019, 05:06 PM
whew, I don't know, still pretty see-sawish. My money is on not yet. FXFXFX it's coming soon

djmommy
May 25th, 2019, 01:03 PM
I got a solid smiley today. This is so strange. I guess I'll try . Got a solid last week too. Do u think I may have PCOS or something?
and this is so strange because I just got my mail on my progesterone strips came and it showing positive which means that it looks like I ovulated how weird?

djmommy
May 25th, 2019, 01:40 PM

atomic sagebrush
May 25th, 2019, 01:55 PM
Well, if your prog is up then you did ovulate. (theoretically, although those tests are new and I don't know how much to trust them yet.)

It is not at all unusual to get a solid smiley around about the time of the secondary estrogen surge. You have a big burst of estrogen that can confuse the tests.

atomic sagebrush
May 25th, 2019, 01:58 PM
I don't think you have PCOS. I feel like if you did, we'd have seen immediate improvement on the myo and it wouldn't have delayed O like it appeared to do. Now, it may be that was coincidental and that you were actually being helped by it, and we just needed to give it some time. There's no way to know without blood tests unfortunately.

djmommy
May 25th, 2019, 05:55 PM
I don't think you have PCOS. I feel like if you did, we'd have seen immediate improvement on the myo and it wouldn't have delayed O like it appeared to do. Now, it may be that was coincidental and that you were actually being helped by it, and we just needed to give it some time. There's no way to know without blood tests unfortunately.

Yea it's probably an estrogen surge. My chart and temps are so off thats why I was testing again with opk.
I will take another progesterone test in a few days to see if its still positive. I reached out to the developer, (super awesome and helpful woman, like you!l) she said no one has reported a false positive. We'll see.
Thanks again for responding

atomic sagebrush
May 27th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Oh wow great to know! Thanks!

djmommy
May 28th, 2019, 07:36 AM
Do you think I should keep doing the myo?

atomic sagebrush
May 28th, 2019, 10:22 AM
I just don't know. I don't have enough experience with people using it in this situation to be able to advise you. Let's see what your cycle looks like when it's over and then see if we think it helped.

djmommy
May 28th, 2019, 11:11 AM
Ok sounds good. I'll let you know..8 dpo today. Temps.are so strange this cycle..but my progesterone strip tests show I ovulated.

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2019, 11:05 AM
Yes I'd worry about that see-saw but if the strips are saying O has occurred, then until we know otherwise I'd operate on that assumption.

djmommy
May 30th, 2019, 06:09 PM
I'm so confused this cycle . Maybe my progesterone is just low? But my temps are so strange and I got a flashing Smiley yesterday which would be supposedly 9 days past ovulation. I told you that I chatted with the owner of the progesterone strips and she said she's never had a false positive but there is still a tiny light pink line on my test so it could be negative but she said it definitely looks like I ovulated so, I don't know any thoughts? Or maybe it's just a weird cycle again41622

atomic sagebrush
May 31st, 2019, 12:25 PM
I don't love the seesaw pattern, that's the only thing. I want to trust her that she's never had a false positive but the seesaw temps are somewhat concerning to me. The thing is while I know it's horribly frustrating to be in limbo, as long as you're doing e4d it is ok, either way you're covered.

BUT it's also possible that this latest dip was the secondary estrogen surge which can trigger the flashy smileys, too.

Most likely, you did ovulate. But if not the e4d will still cover.

djmommy
June 3rd, 2019, 03:49 PM
So I'm not feeling super hopeful these days but not quite ready to give up totally.
CD1 today..Any thoughts on continuing the myo instiol or just stop everything and do e4d with no opk? My temps were a lot lower this cycle.

Also it probably doesn't mean anything at all but I always start my period right in the morning when I wake up but today is started in the middle of the afternoon to strange I guess

atomic sagebrush
June 4th, 2019, 12:49 PM
I would probably leave it out. I don't think it's realy helping people in this situation (because egg quality is age-related and isn't primarily due to eating too many carbs) and may lower hormone levels and disrupt the cycle at the same time. But, it does help with any egg quality issues that are related to insulin resistance.

djmommy
June 5th, 2019, 10:50 AM
Thanks, I will stop taking it.
This is totally off topic but I always remembered you mentioned how you had a period before and were actually pregnant. Did you ever find out why you were bleeding and how did you know you we're pregnant? Just curious.
I always hope AF really isnt and remember your story. Its so crazy the things I actually hope for in my mind.

djmommy
June 5th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Today was exactly 1 year ago I had my d&c. I saw this on Sunday too!41651

atomic sagebrush
June 5th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Thanks, I will stop taking it.
This is totally off topic but I always remembered you mentioned how you had a period before and were actually pregnant. Did you ever find out why you were bleeding and how did you know you we're pregnant? Just curious.
I always hope AF really isnt and remember your story. Its so crazy the things I actually hope for in my mind.

I was pregnant with twins and one had implanted on my cervix. I found this out only because while there was no baby at that point, the placenta grew anyway so I had one sac with two placentas imbedded in it and a high risk pregnancy due to the "bad" placenta still being partly over my cervix. Luckily I was able to give birth vaginally anyway, and once the baby was born the doctor showed me the sac and there was a huge healthy normal placenta and then a small, ratty, dark reddish black one that had been the other baby, and amazingly this small round hole the baby had passed through in between them. It was a miracle I didn't end up with a section.

I knew I was pregnant because 3+ weeks after I had what I thought was "a period" I had a massively strong pregnancy test but it was super dark just because I was already pretty far along! And when I went in for my first ultrasound, I expected to see a blob on the screen but it turned out there was a fully developed baby there and the tech was like "I think you're a little further along than you think".

But there have also been some other people on here who had singletons and still had bleeding early in pregnancy due to SCH, PP, or cervical cysts that bled heavily.

djmommy
June 5th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Wow!!!!!
What a miracle!!!
Thanks for sharing with me!!! So sorry about the loss of the twin though. :heart:

atomic sagebrush
June 5th, 2019, 01:23 PM
Thank you :heart: