PDA

View Full Version : Well...it's girl #3 for grasshopper. Last baby...time to let go of the dream.

grasshopper
January 20th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Not even sure what else to say really. Lots of tears from me for now. Hopefully things will look happier tomorrow.

She seems healthy so I am very thankful for that. I love her already but the pain of knowing I will never have my boy is very fresh so tears are never far away.

Might be time to get knitting something girly...I'm not that good at it but there is something about knitting that I find very therapautic.

Cinss
January 20th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Sorry you didn't hear boy, but congrats on a healthy little bubba.

DoulaMama
January 20th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Big hugs, Mama :( I'm so sorry. xo

Wanting a daughter
January 20th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Oh Grasshopper, so sorry you didn't get your boy. Congrats on a healthy little girl.
xxxx

grasshopper
January 20th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Thanks ladies...have stayed dry-eyed now for a good 45 mins...yay me...lol.

Wanting, I just read your signature...can't believe you had a 3rd cancelled cycle. Some of us just don't do well with IVF hey. Great to hear you have a new plan though. GL.

Plum3
January 20th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Sorry that you didn't get to hear boy. Congrats on a healthy baby girl though!

jils04
January 20th, 2012, 04:04 AM
So sorry grasshopper. Really was hoping blue for you. Best wishes on the new baby and you can cry if you want to.

nuthinbutpink
January 20th, 2012, 06:20 AM
I just don't know why things can't work out the way we want them to. I hope you get a chance to get some new things for this baby and I bet DD2 will love being a big sis! I know you are sad but many of us have been there and it does get better. I hope you stick around with us and KUP.

littlemisswilko
January 20th, 2012, 07:24 AM
so sorry you didnt hear boy but congratualtions on your little princess!

KnockYourBallsOff
January 20th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I'm so sorry you didn't hear boy. I know from experience that your 3rdDD will be a blessing--but I totally understand your feelings. Take this time to mourn and feel what you need to feel. We're all here for you. Congrats on a healthy baby girl!

wilma_five
January 20th, 2012, 11:49 AM
3 girl is my dream family!!!

But I truly understand your pain!

Did you sway?
Is it the last baby for sure?

zanacal
January 20th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I'm sorry x

TTC5
January 20th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Big big hugs for not hearing boy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I'm glad your baby is healthy though xx

Hobbermittens
January 20th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Sorry grasshopper... I think you have a good attitude about it. Knit her something nice, and pick a name for her that you love. Are you sure 3 is it for you?

Persuing Lacey
January 20th, 2012, 05:33 PM
So sorry Grasshopper. I have followed your journey and was truly hoping you would get your boy. Sometimes life sucks. I hope you start to feel better with time.

begonia
January 20th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Oh Grasshopper I'm so sorry! I'm pg with DD3 too. GD's a crazy thing (especially when coupled with pregnancy hormones) in that you can celebrate your healthy baby one minute and the next be sobbing about not having the gender you hoped for, but it does get easier as the days and weeks go by. We're here for you. :hugs:

applesoup
January 20th, 2012, 05:39 PM
:hug2: BIG HUGS, Grasshopper! That was me 2 years ago...except I have 3 boys. It's okay to cry--it's the loss (or postponing) of a dream. It doesn't mean you love your baby any less.

I think knitting is a great idea! I find out on Monday if this is boy #4 & have started knitting him a hat to try and make it easier. We'll see.

I hope you find peace. :HH:

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry but happy to hear that she looks healthy.

grasshopper
January 20th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Thankyou everyone.

Am I sure that 3 is it for me???? Nope, I would definitely do it again, but 3 is it for DH and I knew that when we tried again so I would never expect him to have to change his mind.

At the risk of sounding like a woman in complete denial here, I am still not 100% convinced this baby is a girl. I had such strong feelings (and vivid dreams) that it was a boy...even saw his face!!! I am not living on hope here, I have accepted that we most likely are having a girl, but find it really hard to believe.

First of all the tech told me that he can't be definite as there may be a bit of cord between the legs, but he and I both saw the 3 lines quite clearly. He didn't give me a pic of the area even after I asked (didn't say no just didn't do it and I when I left I was a little distracted) so no potty shots to show anyone for their thoughts. Also told me that he has been wrong a few times before so didn't exactly instil a lot of confidence into me...he looked twice though (after I asked to check again but he really rushed it both times) and both times I saw 3 lines so I guess it is most likely girl.
I didn't want to push him for a better look as there was a lady waiting outside who was rushed over for the neighbouring town so obviously higher priority.

Just wish I knew with 100% certainty...but I guess believing girl and finding out boy at the birth would be a very welcome surprise...at least we are getting over the hard part now.

Crazy hormones...feeling a lot better today but something little can still manage to bring the tears on. Like right now my girls are playing with a little bouncy ball in the hallway and having so much fun...they are so cute that how could I possibly not wish for another....lol...tears.

TTC5
January 20th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Can you go have another scan>?

purple sky
January 20th, 2012, 11:48 PM
I'm sorry you didn't hear boy. Congratulations on your baby girl!

Foxy
January 21st, 2012, 03:32 PM
Congratulations on your sweet baby girl. xx

glory
January 24th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Grasshopper, I am so very sorry, I know EXACTLY how you are feeling, I was OK that ds2 was a boy but with ds3, they couldn't really, she said if she had to guess she would say boy, so we had to go back 2 weeks later just to get some things checked out as he wasn't co operating that day, so had to wait for that time hoping and praying she got it wrong.

Anyway when I went back and they confirmed boy, I just cried, the same tears I cried when Dr S said I only got 4 eggs, just tears running down my face and I felt so bad, I was possibly going to hear something was wrong with my baby and I was crying. I was sad my entire pregnancy, I would just cry every now and again and dh just didn't know what to do with me.

BUT the up side is, I can't imagine our life without my precious little boy, I still want that little girl, but having him is a good thing. I am so sorry this didn't end how you wanted it. My dh was also sure 3 was it, but he has relented.

Good luck, please keep us up to date with how you are going xoxoxo

thirdtimelucky
January 24th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Grasshopper, it really sucks! I have been following your story for so many years. That coin you spoke about in a previous post, it could have gone either way. I thought about this a lot in my third pregnancy.

If it helps, my number 3 is 18 months old and I have come to know why the coin flipped this way for us. Each of us needed this little boy. My eldest is our alpha male and number 3 has brought out a sensitivity in him and taught him empathy. My second born was lost in the shadow of his elder brother until number 3 came along. He is the bridge between the 2 boys, he was the missing peice between them. It feels like the jigsaw puzzle is closer to being complete, number 3 was critical to our family dynamic. I am still hoping to add another peice to my puzzle..... o to feel complete : )

Take care hun
xx

fab4plus
January 30th, 2012, 09:55 PM
congrats on a healthy baby!