PDA

View Full Version : What can I do to help them?

Babybeaublue
June 1st, 2019, 06:14 AM
Just found out my nephews baby girl has no heartbeat. She was 38wks today and they were told only 3 days ago she was engaged and ready anytime to be born. They had all her things prepared just incase she came early. Their first baby. My nephew had been wanting a little girl so much and was ecstatic to be getting her. He has no support from his parents or sisters (they do not speak to our family at all) I just dont know how to help or what to say
Any advice welcomed thank you

MrsSparkles
June 1st, 2019, 06:37 AM
I am so sorry for your families loss.
38 weeks....it is even more tragic because of this.
I know that there is a lovely kit from https://earthmamaorganics.com/categories/baby-loss-comfort.html
They have seeds to plant (seeds of hope), a candle to light, and there is also no more milk tea to dry milk up.
I remember a lady telling me it was so hard after her loss, the leaking boobs and the physical body still thinking a baby was there.

Be there and reach out.

MrsSparkles
June 1st, 2019, 06:38 AM
Sorry for some reason I attached the US link
Baby Loss (http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.co.uk/shop/baby-loss-organic-products.html)

Babybeaublue
June 1st, 2019, 02:55 PM
Thank you. I hadn't even thought of the milk part. It's just horrendous to think of someone going home empty both physically and emotionally

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2019, 08:12 PM
OH gosh I have no advice but I am so very sorry to read this. My condolences to your family. :heart:

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2019, 08:18 PM
OH gosh I have no advice but I am so very sorry to read this. My condolences to your family. :heart:

4blue2pink
June 2nd, 2019, 06:39 AM
im so sorry :heart: the only advice i can think of for right now is anything to help them make memories, photo's, foot/hand prints or casts, buy 2 identical teddy's or blankets 1 stays with baby (it can be listed as her possession and remain with her also going in her coffin) the other is kept by mum and dad.
one last thing is for them to be aware that they still have choices, things they had wished for her birth can still be done or if it no longer feels right they can change anything they want, they also have the option to take their baby home :heart: xx

Babybeaublue
June 2nd, 2019, 11:00 AM
They are at the hospital now. I didn't realise it would be such a long drawn out process, just like a normal birth I suppose. Its horrific.

MrsSparkles
June 2nd, 2019, 03:49 PM
:(

atomic sagebrush
June 4th, 2019, 12:22 PM
How are they doing?? I hope and pray it went as easily as possible.

The Anchor
June 6th, 2019, 03:37 PM
What awful news I'm so sorry! There are no words...

Babybeaublue
June 12th, 2019, 10:14 AM
Thank you
They are doing ok. Coping as best they can. I think going back to work and getting back to 'normal' will be very hard.

atomic sagebrush
June 12th, 2019, 04:25 PM
Thanks for updating us...:pray::pray::pray: