PDA

View Full Version : Truth be told, I am worried :(

TTC5
January 20th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I'm really worried I'm going to lose this pregnancy or that it is ectopic :(
Just looking at dates etc and the day I got the beta test I was around 12/13 dpo (not exactly sure but I was no more than 13dpo) and beta was only 26. Have been doing googling and can't find anything on other people having a beta THIS low and progressing. Going to be a long wait till Wednesday. I'm just not feeling confident at all :(

Hobbermittens
January 20th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I really hope everything turns out okay for you, TTC5. Your little bean has beat the odds so far, and I really hope it sticks! It seems meant to be. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you!!

TTC5
January 20th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks Hobbers. See, if it wasn't for the bloods I wouldn't be worried hey, as the tests are all + and period is now late.

purple sky
January 20th, 2012, 10:45 PM
If you have more tests just keep testing until Wed. If they stay positive and not fading out that should hopefully put your mind at ease.
Praying for a sticky bean for you :pray:

TTC5
January 20th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I have no more tests bummer.

Cinss
January 20th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Stop that googeling! There are more explinations than ectopic. Try to stay positive, hopefully there is nothing to worry about.

love being a mummy
January 21st, 2012, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure about everyone else, but my friend had an ectopic and she didn't get a BFP until her AF was a week late and that was a BT. I pray you have a healthy sticky bubba in there xx

Lavenderlime
January 21st, 2012, 09:04 AM
Could it be that you had late implantation, because it usually happens 6-12 days PO so if had just happened a few days before you tested then your HCG levels would probably be on the lower end at this stage. How many days PO did you get a positive HPT?

Lavenderlime
January 21st, 2012, 09:06 AM
What should my hCG levels be for the different stages of early pregnancy? (http://www.pregnancyandbaby.com/pregnancy/articles/937301/what-should-my-hcg-levels-be-for-the-different-stages-of-early-pregnancy) from this link your levels look normal to me! What has your doctor said?

zanacal
January 21st, 2012, 10:21 AM
{hugs}

atomic sagebrush
January 21st, 2012, 10:32 AM
Doctors are usually pretty vocal about speaking up if they think the pg won't progress.

I have read on a website specifically for doctors that betas can be either very high or very low in ectopic and that they should not be relied on for diagnosing anything.

Betas are supposed to be 100 by 14 DPO so if you were 12 DPO and it doubled every day, you would have been exactly right by 14 DPO. 26x 2 = 50, 50 x 2 = 100

PG tests can't detect HCG below 50 at the very lowest so I suspect your beta is actually higher than 26 anyway if you're getting dark tests.

lobella2
January 21st, 2012, 11:22 AM
Thinking of you! I am sorry you are so worried.

girlmom
January 21st, 2012, 12:28 PM
it doesn't matter as long as it doubles. i had what i thought was a low number with one of mine but the doctor said as long as it doubles in 48 hours we care what the starting number was. you more then doubled. you went from a 3 to a 38??? thats awesome and very encouraging. like i said in the other thread, we don't all have speedy gonzonalas eggs, some of us are late implanters ( like me)

HopeandDreamG
January 21st, 2012, 01:35 PM
Praying your bean sticks...Have everything crossed for you :)

TTC5
January 21st, 2012, 03:49 PM
Hi Atomic, is it possible to have a higher beta than it shows in blood?

Thankyou so much ladies it really means alot to have this place to come to when your so scared.

I feel much better this morning. Tested last night and the test line came up right away before the control and much darker!!!

TTC5
January 21st, 2012, 03:49 PM
Oh and this is a new dr too so I am thinking I may change drs he has had me worried from day dot :(

purple sky
January 21st, 2012, 06:49 PM
Glad your feeling better. If your not comfortable with your Dr. I definitely recommend changing. I've had insensitive Dr's in the past and never felt good after leaving the office.

glory
January 21st, 2012, 08:27 PM
That was really early for a beta, I think everything will be fine xoxo good luck with next test.

grasshopper
January 21st, 2012, 09:03 PM
The darker test must have given you a bit more confidence...fx come Wednesday you will be all smiles.

Cinss
January 21st, 2012, 11:32 PM
Try to get a female doctor? I have one she is awesome.

Mochagirl
January 22nd, 2012, 09:04 AM
TTC5 - I have a good feeling about this - I think your pregnancy's going to be fine. Here's hoping for some good news this week! :HH:

love being a mummy
January 23rd, 2012, 04:33 AM
Did you get a BT today?

TTC5
January 23rd, 2012, 04:39 AM
I did levels have risen to 195. Dr isn't very optimistic and is now talking about a blighted oven??!!!
I have had some spotty discharge today too it is like EWCM mixed with very light brown.

ELP
January 23rd, 2012, 05:05 AM
I did levels have risen to 195. Dr isn't very optimistic and is now talking about a blighted oven??!!!
I have had some spotty discharge today too it is like EWCM mixed with very light brown.

Oh no 5! I hope not:( What does the hcg chart think you should be at this stage??

Mochagirl
January 23rd, 2012, 06:29 AM
Oh, TTC5 - I really hope he's wrong:hug2:

Here's info on what a blighted ovum is:
Blighted Ovum : American Pregnancy Association (http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/blightedovum.html)

glory
January 23rd, 2012, 07:19 AM
I don't get it, the beta doubled in more than 48 hour time, why would he be worried, it is doing everything it should?

Go for another Beta in 2 or 3 days and see if it has doubled, if it has, then it is progressing good.

With the discharge, this is always worrisome though, I know a TON of people who had early bleeding/discharge and it came to nothing, unfortunately you will just have to wait it out. I am sorry, I have been there and I know how hard it can be.

Sorry just editing to ask, I am assuming you were tracking ovulation? Is it possible that fertilisation occurred later?

I am thinking of you xoxo

auroara78
January 23rd, 2012, 10:07 AM
TTC5, will your DR allow you to have an early U/S just to check out the area and see what's really going on? I'd ask for that for some kind of peace of mind!

I hope the bean sticks! Keep us updated, you are in our thoughts!

mandicane
January 25th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Hey TTC your situation sounds similar to mine. My beta at 15dpo was 51 ( doc was concerned) and 5 days later it was 206 but my doc was happy cause my numbers were doubling. Then, on the same day, I started bleeding and thought for sure I was miscarrying...went for a u/s two days later and they could see the sack. I bled and spotted off and on for 3 weeks (has stopped now for 2 weeks) and I have seen the baby's heart beat twice since then. So hang in there! Low betas don't always mean miscarriage.

TTC5
January 25th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Hi guys, see my dr again Friday morning and will ask for an early dating scan and will be having another beta. No idea why he thinks it is low as looking at my DPO it seems I am actually higher than the average anyway?

glory
January 28th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I knew it! Drs make us worry for nothing! Your beta is great :) here is to a healthy and happy 9 months xoxo