PDA

View Full Version : Getting nervous for my NT scan tomorrow (1-23)

annabel♥lee
January 22nd, 2012, 12:04 PM
My NT is tomorrow at 11:30am. I'm SO nervous. Nervous for the results and nervous about finding out the gender. I will be a bit over 13 weeks so I think they will *probably* be able to tell the gender or at least give me a pretty good guess. Apparently they have high tech machines and have been telling people as early as 12 weeks (nub theory, I'm guessing).

I'm excited to find out, but just scared of my reaction. I've been telling myself it's a boy but of course I keep dreaming about hearing "it's a girl". And then I try to snap myself out of it and tell myself "that's not going to happen, stupid!!" LOL

So far I've been obsessing about the gender and i feel like tomorrow is that day that either my dream comes true, or it's buried. I think I'm OK with boy #3. I don't think I'll have a break down because I know it's 50/50 and there's a very good chance of another boy. But, it would be so nice to call my mom and sister and tell them it's a girl. It would be so nice to buy a pink dress.

And then at the same time, I know whatever they say tomorrow won't really be 100% since it's so early. So, if they say boy I'll still have some hope that it can change. If they say girl, I'll worry that she'll grow a penis. LOL Alot of the OWT say girl and I know in my head they are total BS, but they still give me that hope. Ugh. I don't want to have hope because it makes it hurt more.

I really hope this baby is healthy and I hope I can be at peace with either gender. I do want a baby more than I want a girl. But damn it sure would be nice to buy some pink.

Indira
January 22nd, 2012, 12:56 PM
I understand, oh how I understand! I had mine the day before yesterday (no nub).
I hope your baby is healthy and that it is a girl of course.
If it is a boy itīs normal if you have a bad reaction at first, but that wonīt last forever.
Good luck, Iīll keep my fingers crossed tomorrow!

KnockYourBallsOff
January 22nd, 2012, 12:56 PM
I'll feel the EXACT same way. The NT scan is an option for me and I think I'll deny it just so I can put if off.

I think going in with a level head like you're doing is good. your emotions are sooo normal and exactly what alot of us feel. I pray you get a girl *guess* b/c like you said, even at that gestation and high tech machiens....you just can't be 100%. Share your pics tomorrow with us!!!!!!!!

begonia
January 22nd, 2012, 02:12 PM
I get it! I was super nervous with my NT scan for this one (though it revealed no gender clues) ... FX that you hear a pink guess tomorrow and of course that your bean looks perfectly healthy :) Keep us posted!

zanacal
January 22nd, 2012, 04:34 PM
Oh how I've been there. {hugs} and good luck for tomorrow x

annabel♥lee
January 22nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
OK ladies, I have gone from nervous to completely terrified!!! I don't know why, but the closer it gets to tomorrow, the more scared I become. I keep imagining the tech saying girl and then I push it out of my mind. I'm trying to hard to convince myself it's a boy but it's not working!! I have some hope left but I don't want to have hope. Hope makes it hurt more!! UGH. I am going crazy. I don't even know for sure if they'll be able to guess the gender tomorrow (I think so but not sure), yet I am absolutely obsessing over it.

Today I was an emotional wreck and of course my younger son was being a terror and I told my DH I just can't do this again. (meaning, raise another crazy boy!). I just want a calm and easy going girl to bring some peace and harmony to this mad house.

God help me tomorrow.

fivebabies
January 22nd, 2012, 10:49 PM
Be soooo careful. Just over 13 weeks? And they say they can tell?....I wouldn't put 100% confidence in whatever you hear. But GL!!!!!!

Cinss
January 22nd, 2012, 11:00 PM
Best of luck tomorrow, i hope you hear :DD:

auroara78
January 23rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
Annabel, can't wait to hear what they say!!

I totally understand how you're feeling, but in my opinion, finding out some kind of clue, etc, will make it easier to get prepared! I totally also get your thoughts on not able to raise another crazy boy, but keep in mind, that girls can be mischevious too and can be loud, etc, as children!

I know you will :heart: whatever baby you have growing, and I wish you the best of luck in hearing PINK! :)

annabel♥lee
January 23rd, 2012, 05:18 PM
70% boy.

I am devestated.

nuthinbutpink
January 23rd, 2012, 05:21 PM
70% boy.

I am devestated.

I'm sorry. What did they base the guess on? Profile or potty?

purplepoet20
January 23rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
I am sorry :(

applesoup
January 23rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
Annabelle, big hugs! :hug2: I've totally been there before & know what a blow it is. At least there is room for error, right? Hoping you find peace before it's confirmed 100%.

girlmom
January 23rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
wait... and you are like 13 or 14 weeks??? not buying that. you can't go off a potty shot that early and the angle thing is right sometimes but i've seen those wrong alot of the times. if you were like 15 or 16 weeks i might say ok but not this early. i def wouldn't go shopping or painting anything based on a 13 week nub scan. ( my tech told me she was only wrong once... at 13 weeks because they all look like boys at this stage.. turned out to be a girl)

annabel♥lee
January 23rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
The nub is very angled and the potty shot was boyish. I saw a penis. I am measuring 13w 5d. So I think it's accurate unfortunately. There goes my dream. Poof. Gone.

girlmom
January 23rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
at 13 weeks? sorry i don't want to get your hopes up or anything but girls can be pretty swollen at that stage and i def wouldn't trust a potty shot that early. don't give up. if i were you i would prepare boy but don't do anything drastic like shopping or painting or printing up birth announcements. don't name your stomach either. my friend did and her kids were very confused when their baby brother turned out to be a baby sister. they still ask where caleb is.

HappyLea
January 23rd, 2012, 05:49 PM
sorry you didnt hear girl, but i agree with girlmom it is still early and they only said 70%

annabel♥lee
January 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Oh i think she said 70% to make me feel better. She knew I had boys and she could tell I was sad. I think the 70% BS was to soften the blow.

begonia
January 23rd, 2012, 05:57 PM
:hugs: Annabel. I'm so sorry.

annabel♥lee
January 23rd, 2012, 07:54 PM
My mom just told me maybe I should talk to a therapist. Really mom? F*cking REALLY?!?! :mad:

tinksmagic
January 23rd, 2012, 08:18 PM
I'm sorry you are going through this. Been there, done that. When I saw girl #3 I was in disbelief! For the remaining 4 weeks there was NO baby talk except for "We can try again.... please!!!???"

I would love to hear 70% boy right now, but I'm on my 2ww (lost my DS at 12 weeks 2 years ago). I know it sucks to hear what you don't want. I all but put the knife in hubby's heart last time when she said "girl".

I laugh at what you say about wanting a "calm" girl. My "little depression pill" is 6 now and diagnosed OCD. I can't tell you how much I would rather deal with boys running around trying to maim each other, than watch her suffer day to day.

Good luck on a healthy baby either way!!!

auroara78
January 25th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Annabel, I'm so sorry to hear about this :(

:hugs:

annabel♥lee
January 25th, 2012, 11:40 PM
I laugh at what you say about wanting a "calm" girl. My "little depression pill" is 6 now and diagnosed OCD. I can't tell you how much I would rather deal with boys running around trying to maim each other, than watch her suffer day to day.

I hear you, but my boys both have some issues. My oldest has autism (fairly high functioning, thankfully), and my youngest I think has ADD and maybe OCD as well (not diagnosed yet). So, they are pretty high needs, and they take alot out of me. Not that a girl wouldn't, but I see my neice and she is just an absolute angel. I'm so jealous. Ugh.

Waiting4Daisy
February 4th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I really don't think you really know until you get a good gender shot at 16 weeks or more. My friend has 4 girls, she got a scan at 12/13 weeks and the tech (student tech) gave her a potty shot with 3 lines and said 95% girl. She posted it on another forum we are in and we still felt it was very early but she was totally convinced it was her 5th girl. Lo and behold at 16 weeks, clear boy bits! I would start thinking boy but I def do not think you have no hope of that little girl yet.

Tooblue
February 21st, 2012, 09:20 AM
I felt the same way before my NT scan. I just figured, it's too early and I don't want any guesses that may get me upset and questioning whether or not they were right. I don't want to be an emotional basketcase starting this early in my pregnancy! So, I opted for them not to make any guesses - for the sake of my own sanity. I'll probably find out at my 20 week scan, since I have to buy EVERYTHING for this one. I am so nervous for that, though.