PDA

View Full Version : TTC pink after 2 boys

Thirdtimelucky01
July 4th, 2019, 09:43 AM
Hi ladies, I’m 37 and I have two beautiful boys (2.5 and 9 months) and hoping to conceive a girl later this year to complete our family. I had my first at 34, with BMI 21.5 and one attempt at positive OPK but my diet was boy friendly with lots of meat, snacking and weight lifting. I lost 7 kilos in addition to my pregnancy weight the following year and got pregnant with my second boy at BMI 19 and one attempt at positive OPK! Same diet, only Pilates style exercises at home, lots of walking. Never drank a coffee in my life. This time around my BMI is 19.6, i started to like coffee and I do walking and Pilates (is that considered cardio type?), I’m also about to modify my diet but not sure what style I should choose - LE PCOS or alternative diet (I saw Atomic recommended it for the girls over 35), any other advice would be appreciated! Hope you all get the gender you desire!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thirdtimelucky01
July 4th, 2019, 10:08 AM
Also wanted to add that now I don’t snack, eat 3 times a day at 9am, 1pm and 5pm, no juices but lots of fruit and vegetables plus coffee. Will add a glass of wine, some carbs (I usually avoid carbs like a plague) and cut out red meat and fish. Anything else I should do?

atomic sagebrush
July 6th, 2019, 11:59 AM
HI and welcome!

Given your weight I'd have you do the standard LE Diet. The alternative diets make weight fly off and unless you have a reason to believe you have PCOS or egg quality issues I would just have you do the regular LE Diet.

Are you planning to stick in LE Diet limits?? 1500-1800 cals, 40-50 g protein, 30-60 g fat (pro and fat from mostly vegetarian sources). Low carb veg are free and unlimited, high carb veg (like potato) and fruit count only cals not protein and fat.

Pilates is NOT cardio. It builds muscle. I generally recommend Pilates for blue, not pink. Cardio would be walking, running, dancey aerobics, biking, that kind of thing.

Is hubby doing anything?

Thirdtimelucky01
July 6th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Great, thank you! I’m happy to stick with the LE diet, the only thing is that I struggle with breakfast. I’d normally have oats or porridge but if I have to cut it out what is a good option? Boiled egg? Omelette with tomatoes? Pancakes with fruit? Ricotta cheese with Greek yogurt? Or porridge still ok? I read your notes about only carbs or only protein for breakfast but most dairy products would have both, wouldn’t they?

Ok I’ll stop Pilates and concentrate on walking. I cannot run (I have prolapse after DS1).

Hubby is running and drinking a lot of coffee. He will eat what I give him, he is not fussy but he loves his steak :)

Sarah2017
July 7th, 2019, 09:13 AM
Hi - just popped in to say we are in the exact same situation, my boys are the same ages as yours and also hoping to conceive a girl later this year (also have a prolapse after my giant DS1)! I will be getting a plan in the next couple of weeks as my 9 month old is being a terror at night so I'm just not in the headspace to follow anything at the moment as I'm too tired but hoping to start everything end of July. When are you planning your attempt? Wishing you all the best in your journey :)

Thirdtimelucky01
July 7th, 2019, 04:41 PM
Hi - just popped in to say we are in the exact same situation, my boys are the same ages as yours and also hoping to conceive a girl later this year (also have a prolapse after my giant DS1)! I will be getting a plan in the next couple of weeks as my 9 month old is being a terror at night so I'm just not in the headspace to follow anything at the moment as I'm too tired but hoping to start everything end of July. When are you planning your attempt? Wishing you all the best in your journey :)

Wow great to hear I have a buddy :) where are you from? I’m from Australia. my obstetrician told me to wait for 4-6 cycles before TTC to make sure my prolapse doesn’t get worse but my period has not returned yet even though I’m breastfeeding only once or twice a day. As soon as it’s back I’ll start the diet and get ready. Meanwhile I’m trying to get back in a semi decent shape and enjoying by baby - I still feel guilty as it feels like I was too tired (being pregnant with DS2) and missed my DS1 being between 1 and 2yo. What’s the issue with your DS2 at night? Doesn’t sleep well?

Sarah2017
July 8th, 2019, 08:42 AM
Also from Australia, in Sydney! Whereabouts are you? My cycle unfortunately returned at 3.5 months with my second (which I was not happy about, seems so unfair when I'm feeding around the clock sometimes more than when he was a newborn!) but I'm seeing a women's physio to try and deal with the prolapse as I don't want to make it worse with a third pregnancy. So far it seems to have helped as I didn't do anything about it until after my second was born and I wish I'd seen to it earlier. I know exactly what you mean though, I feel like my eldest has missed out on me dealing with tiredness of pregnancy and over the past 9 months being exhausted all the time! My DS2 is a terrible sleeper, worse than his brother and that's saying something - if he were my first I don't know if I would have had any more babies but since I've been through it once I know it gets easier eventually and that's getting me through. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pretty nervous about getting another terrible sleeper!

Thirdtimelucky01
July 8th, 2019, 10:04 AM
Also from Australia, in Sydney! Whereabouts are you? My cycle unfortunately returned at 3.5 months with my second (which I was not happy about, seems so unfair when I'm feeding around the clock sometimes more than when he was a newborn!) but I'm seeing a women's physio to try and deal with the prolapse as I don't want to make it worse with a third pregnancy. So far it seems to have helped as I didn't do anything about it until after my second was born and I wish I'd seen to it earlier. I know exactly what you mean though, I feel like my eldest has missed out on me dealing with tiredness of pregnancy and over the past 9 months being exhausted all the time! My DS2 is a terrible sleeper, worse than his brother and that's saying something - if he were my first I don't know if I would have had any more babies but since I've been through it once I know it gets easier eventually and that's getting me through. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pretty nervous about getting another terrible sleeper!

I’m from Sydney too! What are the chances? Oh we should catch up when I’m back, I’m visiting my family in Russia until late August to escape winter. It’s summertime here so the sun sets very late, around 10pm and then up again at 4.30am! So I bought blackout blinds and my boys go to bed at 10-11pm (it’s very common here!) and then sleep until 8.30am, it’s a bliss! Do you still breastfeed at night? I’ve been seeing Physio at Total Physio Manly Vale and they helped me with both Diastasis Recti and prolapse after both pregnancies, I found them great even though it’s a drive for me! (I live in Croydon). I stopped breastfeeding at night both boys from 4-5 months so they sleep through, I also let me self settle so now they don’t wake me at night. If anything just PM me xx

Sarah2017
July 9th, 2019, 06:49 AM
Haha that's crazy - imagine if we both get our girls at the same time too! Yes we should definitely catch up when you're back (very jealous of you enjoying summertime right now, I'm well and truly over winter) I live near Coogee so not too far at all! An 8:30am sleep in sounds amazing, my eldest did that for awhile slept 8:30pm-8:30am and it was amazing but those days are long gone.... oh well, I'm sure I will have to drag them out of bed as teenagers! x

Thirdtimelucky01
July 9th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Haha that's crazy - imagine if we both get our girls at the same time too! Yes we should definitely catch up when you're back (very jealous of you enjoying summertime right now, I'm well and truly over winter) I live near Coogee so not too far at all! An 8:30am sleep in sounds amazing, my eldest did that for awhile slept 8:30pm-8:30am and it was amazing but those days are long gone.... oh well, I'm sure I will have to drag them out of bed as teenagers! x

That would be great, let’s catch up to support each other - i feel if I tell my friends and family about this they will think I’m crazy :) my mum and grandma had only girls so they truly don’t understand why I didn’t have one yet but they don’t believe in a girl diet (I mentioned once) so Oh well. Have you been dieting? Do you have breakfast? I struggle to skip it and I struggle to find ideas as most girls here tend to skip breakfast! Did you sway with your previous pregnancies?

Sarah2017
July 11th, 2019, 09:56 AM
I'm the same, my mum had two girls so she doesn't really understand and other friends don't get it either! My mum had such a girl friendly diet though and looking back I see how much of a boy friendly lifestyle and diet I have so it's not surprising I had two boys! I didn't sway with either pregnancy as my first was IVF after a few years of not being able to get pregnant, then my second was a surprise baby so I didn't even really know about swaying either time (I do hope I'm able to get pregnant again without issues as I'm not totally sure whether my second was just a fluke pregnancy!). I am glad my little guys have each other though, I love that they have a friend for life and watching them interact is so special. Did you sway for either of your pregnancies? I haven't been dieting yet as it's going to be difficult I think because we actually live with my mum and sister at the moment so I know my mum will be questioning everything as it's basically the opposite of how I normally eat so I've already started dropping hints that I'm going on a diet to lose weight for spring/summer hoping that will be enough to get me through without having to answer 1000 questions every meal..... I do eat breakfast because I get so hungry, I don't know how I'm going to go without it! I usually have eggs and spinach or porridge so quite a filling breakfast too so I'm really going to have to plan ahead to try and make it all work. I'm used to just making one meal and I share with my toddler and baby so we all eat the same thing but now I'll have to make two separate meals!

Thirdtimelucky01
July 11th, 2019, 03:39 PM
I'm the same, my mum had two girls so she doesn't really understand and other friends don't get it either! My mum had such a girl friendly diet though and looking back I see how much of a boy friendly lifestyle and diet I have so it's not surprising I had two boys! I didn't sway with either pregnancy as my first was IVF after a few years of not being able to get pregnant, then my second was a surprise baby so I didn't even really know about swaying either time (I do hope I'm able to get pregnant again without issues as I'm not totally sure whether my second was just a fluke pregnancy!). I am glad my little guys have each other though, I love that they have a friend for life and watching them interact is so special. Did you sway for either of your pregnancies? I haven't been dieting yet as it's going to be difficult I think because we actually live with my mum and sister at the moment so I know my mum will be questioning everything as it's basically the opposite of how I normally eat so I've already started dropping hints that I'm going on a diet to lose weight for spring/summer hoping that will be enough to get me through without having to answer 1000 questions every meal..... I do eat breakfast because I get so hungry, I don't know how I'm going to go without it! I usually have eggs and spinach or porridge so quite a filling breakfast too so I'm really going to have to plan ahead to try and make it all work. I'm used to just making one meal and I share with my toddler and baby so we all eat the same thing but now I'll have to make two separate meals!

Omg I also live with my mum! And my biggest struggle will be not to diet but to explain this random change in my diet to my mum. Well, I’ve studied the topic of food for quite a few months now and the good news is -we don’t have to skip breakfast woohoo! Intermittent fasting gives a long time between meals thus keeping your blood sugar low so I’m planning to do what I did for a while: 3 meals at 9am, 1pm and 5pm and then nothing. Atomic approved this plan. To me this is much more doable than no breakfast, I just cannot skip it! I’ll try to delay it as long as I can but 16 hours without food should do the trick, I only plan to stop only eggs and porridges (just like you) to what Atomic suggested - only protein (eggs or egg white omelette a few times a week) or only carbs (toast with jam? Crepes? Can’t think of anything else). Do you think this would work for you too? I’m also planning to cut snacking (I always thought I don’t snack but now looking at my habits I actually do haha) and my meat intake - a lot and that would be a struggle, I eat a lot of meat (and protein in general)! I never tried to sway either, my first was a surprise and my DS2 was conceived in the first cycle (I bought ovulation sticks and decided to see if they work and surely they did!) so I’m now expert. How old are you? When do you plan to do your first attempt? I got my first period today yay!

atomic sagebrush
July 11th, 2019, 09:47 PM
can you guys bump this for me?

Thirdtimelucky01
July 12th, 2019, 01:47 AM
can you guys bump this for me?

Bump

Sarah2017
July 12th, 2019, 08:54 AM
I hope I can manage something like this, I'm such a grazer and tend to each a big breakfast, then just small snacks during the day with a really late lunch or will skip lunch altogether then binge on a big dinner which is terrible I know - it feels like my days pass in a blur of keeping the boys happy so I don't really get to think about myself until they're in bed! I also eat a lot of meat and that's going to be a tough one to cut out too.... I struggle to think of vegetarian based meals that everyone will eat. Plus keep me full enough to not get cranky because I'm hungry lol
I'm 34 (35 in a couple of months) and hoping to try towards the end of the year... possibly October, although I'm not totally sure. Reason being that we have booked to go on a beach holiday to QLD end of October but my husbands family will be joining us for a few days, including his brothers and their girlfriends who are super fit and toned (plus one is a personal trainer), whereas I feel pretty bad about how I look from pregnancies still so I was hoping to tone up before we go but I know that sways boy! So I'm not sure whether to try and just do cardio hoping it does enough to tone me up a little bit and still try in October as planned, or to wait and do a 12 week toning program but drop it October and start the diet to try end of the year. I know I shouldn't let what they think change what I want to do but I can't help but feel uncomfortable at the thought of being in swimwear in front of them as I am because his brothers are quite judgemental and I don't want to feel bad about myself! They weren't even supposed to be coming but the holiday got gatecrashed and I can't help but feel a bit annoyed as it's our first family holiday with our baby. But yay you got your period back! When are you planning to try?

Thirdtimelucky01
July 12th, 2019, 09:38 AM
I hope I can manage something like this, I'm such a grazer and tend to each a big breakfast, then just small snacks during the day with a really late lunch or will skip lunch altogether then binge on a big dinner which is terrible I know - it feels like my days pass in a blur of keeping the boys happy so I don't really get to think about myself until they're in bed! I also eat a lot of meat and that's going to be a tough one to cut out too.... I struggle to think of vegetarian based meals that everyone will eat. Plus keep me full enough to not get cranky because I'm hungry lol
I'm 34 (35 in a couple of months) and hoping to try towards the end of the year... possibly October, although I'm not totally sure. Reason being that we have booked to go on a beach holiday to QLD end of October but my husbands family will be joining us for a few days, including his brothers and their girlfriends who are super fit and toned (plus one is a personal trainer), whereas I feel pretty bad about how I look from pregnancies still so I was hoping to tone up before we go but I know that sways boy! So I'm not sure whether to try and just do cardio hoping it does enough to tone me up a little bit and still try in October as planned, or to wait and do a 12 week toning program but drop it October and start the diet to try end of the year. I know I shouldn't let what they think change what I want to do but I can't help but feel uncomfortable at the thought of being in swimwear in front of them as I am because his brothers are quite judgemental and I don't want to feel bad about myself! They weren't even supposed to be coming but the holiday got gatecrashed and I can't help but feel a bit annoyed as it's our first family holiday with our baby. But yay you got your period back! When are you planning to try?

I totally know what you mean by not feeling comfortable, for me it may even ruin my mood and the whole holiday!! Especially if family members are judgmental. I do tend to lose weight while breastfeeding ( I put on 10kg with DS1 and then lost 17kg by the time he was one!) so now I’m 56-57 kilos (I’m 170cm) so quite slim but definitely not toned :( I try to exercise at home but I struggle to find time (or energy) with two little boys :( i used to go to the gym when I had my first boy and my mum looked after him for an hour but now she doesn’t want to stay with both boys... I guess you can always remind yourself that you are not in the best shape of your life because you will it all to these two beautiful babies! good new bikini should also help :) I’m hoping to try in November-December. My dilemma is such that We want to go Hawaii in December and I don’t want to travel while pregnant (I already lost one Bub after a flight to Europe at 8 weeks), so I’m not sure what to do - I have to decide what I want more :)))

Sarah2017
July 13th, 2019, 08:51 AM
Oh gosh sounds like we're both in a similar position trying to figure out how to time it! I'm definitely in a bad mood about it and it has made me stress eat which hasn't helped.... I lost weight initially while breastfeeding but lack of sleep has made me turn to sugar so I'd like to lose about 5 kilos before the holiday to get back to pre baby weight of 63kg. I wish I burned through those calories easily lol! I can barely find time to exercise with my boys either, it ends up in chaos of me handing out snacks constantly and being crawled all over while having both of them decide my exercise mat is the best place to play. And since they wake up early now I can't get up early to do it and I'm too exhausted by the time they're in bed so I end up doing nothing at all. Not sure how I'll fit in the 60 mins of exercise in my sway but I'm definitely going to give it a try!
I'm sorry to hear about your loss :sad: that is definitely a hard one... I guess timing also depends on how your cycle returns too, mine initially was 35+ days and the last two have been 32 and 28 days so slowly getting back to normal, but if your cycle happens to be a little longer you may even end up trying for the first time in Hawaii! A trip there sounds amazing and could be the perfect way to relax. I do love travelling though so I would always be on the side of going on holidays whenever possible haha!

Thirdtimelucky01
July 13th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Oh gosh sounds like we're both in a similar position trying to figure out how to time it! I'm definitely in a bad mood about it and it has made me stress eat which hasn't helped.... I lost weight initially while breastfeeding but lack of sleep has made me turn to sugar so I'd like to lose about 5 kilos before the holiday to get back to pre baby weight of 63kg. I wish I burned through those calories easily lol! I can barely find time to exercise with my boys either, it ends up in chaos of me handing out snacks constantly and being crawled all over while having both of them decide my exercise mat is the best place to play. And since they wake up early now I can't get up early to do it and I'm too exhausted by the time they're in bed so I end up doing nothing at all. Not sure how I'll fit in the 60 mins of exercise in my sway but I'm definitely going to give it a try!
I'm sorry to hear about your loss :sad: that is definitely a hard one... I guess timing also depends on how your cycle returns too, mine initially was 35+ days and the last two have been 32 and 28 days so slowly getting back to normal, but if your cycle happens to be a little longer you may even end up trying for the first time in Hawaii! A trip there sounds amazing and could be the perfect way to relax. I do love travelling though so I would always be on the side of going on holidays whenever possible haha!

I found this girl on Instagram called Dana Landgren, she has these awesome exercises for post pregnancy with DR issues and they seem very easy but are actually very hard! Maybe give them a go if you have 15 minutes to spare!

Sarah2017
July 14th, 2019, 08:09 AM
Yes I follow her! I do really need to do something but I'm so paranoid about inadvertently swaying and jeopardising everything I'd be doing diet wise, but I know that sort of mentality doesn't help either from what I've read... it's stressful!

Thirdtimelucky01
July 14th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Yes I follow her! I do really need to do something but I'm so paranoid about inadvertently swaying and jeopardising everything I'd be doing diet wise, but I know that sort of mentality doesn't help either from what I've read... it's stressful!

Why don’t you do like what others say: you take vitamins and exercise for a month or two to get yourself in shape and then stop everything and do LE diet and only walk and no vitamins - you body may think that time are now tougher and by the time you are ready to sway it will sway pink? :)

Sarah2017
July 15th, 2019, 07:04 AM
Oh wow I didn't realise you could do that! That would actually be perfect, I might give that a go..... (I mean chances aren't high of getting pregnant first try anyway right so I might be able to get the best of both worlds this way) thanks for the tip! I've been reading as many of the forums as I can but there's just so much information to absorb I get a bit overwhelmed. I know diet and exercise is important but was also going to try the negative ions too, I'm not sure about PH testing though as it might get me a bit too obsessive focusing on the number. Anything you're going to try other than the diet?

Thirdtimelucky01
July 15th, 2019, 07:44 AM
Oh wow I didn't realise you could do that! That would actually be perfect, I might give that a go..... (I mean chances aren't high of getting pregnant first try anyway right so I might be able to get the best of both worlds this way) thanks for the tip! I've been reading as many of the forums as I can but there's just so much information to absorb I get a bit overwhelmed. I know diet and exercise is important but was also going to try the negative ions too, I'm not sure about PH testing though as it might get me a bit too obsessive focusing on the number. Anything you're going to try other than the diet?

I think I’ll try everything too - negative ion bracelet (I have rose quartz bracelet anyway), rephresh the morning before attempt plus I’m thinking of trying O-3, I did conceive my boys close to ovulation (on a flashy smiley face and solid smiley) so I’m hoping to track my cycle for 3-4 months and see if I can pinpoint a day before the first smiley and give it a go for a month or two.

Thirdtimelucky01
July 15th, 2019, 07:49 AM
Well I saw someone saying that they had to take some vitamins as prescribed by the doctor so Atomic said to take those vitamins and then start swaying afterwards- it’s the same thing anyway, will just delay TTC but it may help you feel more confident for your holiday. As you said - and I agree - it might take longer than a month or two to conceive so we might as well feel good about ourselves this year, not just write it off while we prepare to get pregnant!

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Great, thank you! I’m happy to stick with the LE diet, the only thing is that I struggle with breakfast. I’d normally have oats or porridge but if I have to cut it out what is a good option? Boiled egg? Omelette with tomatoes? Pancakes with fruit? Ricotta cheese with Greek yogurt? Or porridge still ok? I read your notes about only carbs or only protein for breakfast but most dairy products would have both, wouldn’t they?

Ok I’ll stop Pilates and concentrate on walking. I cannot run (I have prolapse after DS1).

Hubby is running and drinking a lot of coffee. He will eat what I give him, he is not fussy but he loves his steak :)

Most people want to give up porridge.oats because oats have a chemical in it that may raise testosterone. I think you'd have to eat quite a lot of them but most people give them up just in case.

Any unsweetened full fat dairy will have minimal carbs.

I don't think the "protein or carbs for breakfast" is a big deal though. Any of those things listed is probably ok. The thing that matters most is sticking in the overall limits of the day.

Walking is fine and in fact is my preferred exercise. People get injured when they run and walking appears to work just as well.

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2019, 03:43 PM
That would be great, let’s catch up to support each other - i feel if I tell my friends and family about this they will think I’m crazy :) my mum and grandma had only girls so they truly don’t understand why I didn’t have one yet but they don’t believe in a girl diet (I mentioned once) so Oh well. Have you been dieting? Do you have breakfast? I struggle to skip it and I struggle to find ideas as most girls here tend to skip breakfast! Did you sway with your previous pregnancies?

if you can't skip breakfast, it's ok. It's just one little thing that may help. If it's easier for you, you could try eating dinner early and then still having teh 12-16 hour overnight fast, and eating breakfast. It is very likely that not snacking all day long is much more important than skipping breakfast.

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2019, 04:02 PM

The most important thing is to do differently than you were recently, and secondarily, differently than when you got your boys. If you can't ever get up to the skipping snacks totally, it's ok. If you were eating 6 times a day, 5 is still more pink friendly. 4 is better still. Change what you can change and don't worry if you never are as strict as another person.

I had to make a diet because people demanded this strict set of instructions. I put what I thought was best overall in it (and honestly more to keep people from cutting back too far!) but that doesn't mean you have to follow everything in it to the letter or you'll get an opposite.

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2019, 04:08 PM
Why don’t you do like what others say: you take vitamins and exercise for a month or two to get yourself in shape and then stop everything and do LE diet and only walk and no vitamins - you body may think that time are now tougher and by the time you are ready to sway it will sway pink? :)

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS

Vitamins are not the fix for diastasis recti anyway and all you're doing is giving your body a chance at saving up nutrients. Do the exercise if you need to. As long as you're losing weight on a lower protein diet you are still swaying pink. Please do not forgo exercise you need to do for swaying.

We have seen no evidence that taking vitamins and stopping them helps in any way. I (rarely) have offered that to people who had no choice but to take vitamins to console them that their sway could still work out, but it's not something I'd ever recommend doing for a sway.

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2019, 04:10 PM
Well I saw someone saying that they had to take some vitamins as prescribed by the doctor so Atomic said to take those vitamins and then start swaying afterwards- it’s the same thing anyway, will just delay TTC but it may help you feel more confident for your holiday. As you said - and I agree - it might take longer than a month or two to conceive so we might as well feel good about ourselves this year, not just write it off while we prepare to get pregnant!

Yes but that person HAD TO take vitamins. They had no choice. I would never recommend that as a blanket guideline to anyone.

Health comes first. Some people have to take vitamins. Others have to do weight building exercise. We let them sway in other ways. But that doesn't mean that I think those things are ever going to be the best chances across the entire population.

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2019, 04:11 PM

Please don't, though. I would not recommend that for you (and I'll do your plan ASAP to let you know what TO do.)

I don't recommend pH testing, it tells us nothing and makes people get really control freaky.

Thirdtimelucky01
July 16th, 2019, 03:29 AM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS

Vitamins are not the fix for diastasis recti anyway and all you're doing is giving your body a chance at saving up nutrients. Do the exercise if you need to. As long as you're losing weight on a lower protein diet you are still swaying pink. Please do not forgo exercise you need to do for swaying.

We have seen no evidence that taking vitamins and stopping them helps in any way. I (rarely) have offered that to people who had no choice but to take vitamins to console them that their sway could still work out, but it's not something I'd ever recommend doing for a sway.

Ok, no vitamins- it’s just that my teeth are becoming really bad with low calcium after nearly a year of breastfeeding (I lost nearly 14 kilos in the past 9 months while breastfeeding on a regular lots of protein diet) and I was hoping to stop them from getting worse. As for the exercise, vitamins don’t heal DR but Pilates does but it’s not recommended as you mentioned because I’d build muscles doing pilates. I’m just trying to find the way to improve my health before Bub number 3.

Thirdtimelucky01
July 16th, 2019, 03:30 AM
if you can't skip breakfast, it's ok. It's just one little thing that may help. If it's easier for you, you could try eating dinner early and then still having teh 12-16 hour overnight fast, and eating breakfast. It is very likely that not snacking all day long is much more important than skipping breakfast.

This is exactly what I do (16 hour fast and breakfast with no snacks), great!

Thirdtimelucky01
July 16th, 2019, 03:53 AM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS

What if I do those exercises for the core muscles (to fix DR) ONLY - and not really Pilates, it’s Pilates style low intensity exercises for the core - plus one hour walking or on a stepper every day? Would that work? Still losing weight on a LE diet obviously

atomic sagebrush
July 17th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Yes that's fine. :agree:

As long as you're losing weight on a lower protein diet it's all good.

Thirdtimelucky01
August 31st, 2019, 09:36 AM

Hi how are you doing? Have you started your attempts?

Thirdtimelucky01
November 4th, 2019, 04:45 AM
Yes that's fine. :agree:

As long as you're losing weight on a lower protein diet it's all good.

Hi Atomic, I’m on week 11 of diet and I only lost 1 kilo but my cycle changed from 31 days to 28 last month to 26 this month! Is it still ok? I do one hour of cardio, stopped snacking, doing 3 meals a day with fasting of 12-14 hours in between, still have plenty of fats (nuts, salmon, eggs), just cut my consumption of red meat. I eat less eggs than before (I’d say 4-6 eggs a week now vs 6-8 previously). I’m worried a bit that my cycle is so much shorter now. My luteal phase ranges between 11 (this past short cycle) and 12 days (my 28 day cycles). Is it still ok?

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2019, 10:07 AM
Yes, that is fine, still within normal range. 12 days is a perfectly normal LP, 11 days is still plenty long to conceive with.

Thirdtimelucky01
November 4th, 2019, 07:51 PM
And for the first time EVER my period started in the evening (always in the morning before). Must be the diet!!!

atomic sagebrush
November 5th, 2019, 11:33 AM
Please add your experiences to this thread we have where we're all keeping track of that!! Was DEFINITELY the case for me too!! So weird! https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/58219-when-did-you-get-af-what-genders-do-you-have.html

Thirdtimelucky01
February 21st, 2020, 08:30 PM
Hi Atomic, I had a great sway and after 3 months of preparation we tried to conceive in January and got pregnant first go with one attempt at positive OPK! Everything was going well but I started to bleed heavily yesterday with clots and cramps so will most likely miscarry soon :( I’m heartbroken but want to try n catch that first egg after a miscarriage. Can you please remind me what your advice is in this kind of situation. Thanks in advance!

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2020, 01:22 PM
Oh no I'm sorry to read this. :heart:

AS it was still fairly early days it's fine to just regroup and try for the first egg. When you feel up to it go back on diet and exercise and then try to catch the first egg, either by using OPK or doing e4d.

(although that having been said, keep in mind that it is possible to have heavy bleeding and remain pregnant the entire time so you may want to wait for neg. pregnancy test before going all in)

Thirdtimelucky01
February 23rd, 2020, 02:44 AM
Oh no I'm sorry to read this. :heart:

AS it was still fairly early days it's fine to just regroup and try for the first egg. When you feel up to it go back on diet and exercise and then try to catch the first egg, either by using OPK or doing e4d.

(although that having been said, keep in mind that it is possible to have heavy bleeding and remain pregnant the entire time so you may want to wait for neg. pregnancy test before going all in)

I was about 7 weeks. I’m doing a blood test tomorrow to see if my HCG levels are falling, I’m pretty sure they are. I found out I was pregnant about 3 weeks ago and never really changed my diet (just dropped caffeine and had red meat maybe 2-3 times over 3 weeks) but I stopped exercising. Do you think it’s ok if I start exercising again now? Won’t the 3 week break compromise my sway? I assume I will ovulate in about 2 weeks, is that right? Or does it take longer after miscarriage?

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2020, 02:56 PM
Yes it's fine to exercise now if you feel up to it.

Your ovulation will probably be delayed a bit. Anything is possible, but don't count on 14 days later ovulating.

3 weeks won't matter, remember, this is about being depleted and being pregnant then having a loss is still depleting.

Thirdtimelucky01
February 24th, 2020, 05:57 AM
Yes it's fine to exercise now if you feel up to it.

Your ovulation will probably be delayed a bit. Anything is possible, but don't count on 14 days later ovulating.

3 weeks won't matter, remember, this is about being depleted and being pregnant then having a loss is still depleting.

Thank you, one last question- with the stress of a miscarriage, blood loss etc my BMI is down to 18.7! What would you suggest food wise? How many eggs a week? Salmon? I need to make sure I eat enough fat to ovulate but not overdo it and get out of pink territory.

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2020, 01:14 PM
Salmon or tuna 2x a week.

As many eggs as you can stand but NOT in lieu of meat/dairy.

I'd def. recommend full fat dairy, butter, coconut oil, red meat (beef better than pork).

Thirdtimelucky01
February 24th, 2020, 01:44 PM
I thought the big point of a pink diet is to get off red meat/animal protein? I also read just the other day that many women who were successful in their sways (including you) gave up dairy to get your girls? Do you think I should skip breakfast or just do 14-15 hr fasting in my case?

Thirdtimelucky01
February 24th, 2020, 01:49 PM
Also I stopped pregnancy vitamins. How much folate do you think I need? Is it ok to take iron? I’m quite dizzy.

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2020, 11:10 AM
I thought the big point of a pink diet is to get off red meat/animal protein? I also read just the other day that many women who were successful in their sways (including you) gave up dairy to get your girls? Do you think I should skip breakfast or just do 14-15 hr fasting in my case?

That was a temporary suggestion for a couple weeks to stabilize the weight loss and help you recover. Right here and now you are wasting away to nothing and we need to give you an influx of nutrients and fat to stop this weight loss or you won't ovulate for a really long time.

Over time, please follow my standard recommendation of 1-2 servings of salmon/red meat per week (though you can drop this in a couple weeks if you'd like) 4-6 eggs per week and a serving of full fat dairy a day. If you really can't do that, then use the coconut oil option.

I did not totally give up dairy. I just had LESS dairy (as did my husband) We have always been massive dairy eaters so "less dairy" for us is probably what most people do on the LE Diet anyway (1-3 servings a day) I had full fat milk in my coffee and cheese and butter. My BMI was also much higher than yours and I hadn't just had a miscarriage. I have EVERYONE on the alternate diets using exclusively full fat dairy and they get great results so I promise, dairy within limits does not wreck a sway.

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2020, 11:12 AM
Also I stopped pregnancy vitamins. How much folate do you think I need? Is it ok to take iron? I’m quite dizzy.

Did you stop them suddenly?? Please wean off gradually instead.

1200-1600 mcg folate

Yes, please take iron 18-60 mg (just whatever you can find in that range, don't get the ones that come in 100's of mg as they are really hard on the stomach and not well absorbed anyway) daily for the next 3 weeks then reduce to 3x a week from there on in.

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2020, 11:14 AM

And by the way, no, getting off red meat is NOT the big point of the pink diet. Never has been. It is limits that matter. People can and do have red meat when they need to and still get girls.

Re fasting, it's hours of fasting somewhere between 12-16 and since you're dropping weight I'd go to 12 hours max for a week or two till this stabilizes.

Thirdtimelucky01
February 28th, 2020, 04:24 PM
Do you think I should start taking CoQ10? I’m 37 approaching 38, but with the last 2 pregnancies I conceived on the first go. I’ve been taking folate and iron for the past week and gradually weaning off prenatals.

Thirdtimelucky01
February 28th, 2020, 04:25 PM
Also given my BMI around 19 (I put on 1 kilo in the past week) should I still exercise 60 minutes 6-7 times a week?

atomic sagebrush
February 29th, 2020, 10:44 AM
Do you think I should start taking CoQ10? I’m 37 approaching 38, but with the last 2 pregnancies I conceived on the first go. I’ve been taking folate and iron for the past week and gradually weaning off prenatals.

I don't think coq10 actually does anything. I give it to people to help them feel like they're doing something, but I truly think that most losses are just bad luck and no supplements we take really "improve egg quality". But I'm fine with you taking it, 200-400 mg daily started right away and continued till BFP at which point you should wean off.

atomic sagebrush
February 29th, 2020, 10:44 AM
Also given my BMI around 19 (I put on 1 kilo in the past week) should I still exercise 60 minutes 6-7 times a week?

I would have you eat more and do exercise. Exercise has been such a great strategy for us I hate to see anyone skip it unless they really can't. let's do 4 days a week instead.

Thirdtimelucky01
February 29th, 2020, 02:56 PM
I would have you eat more and do exercise. Exercise has been such a great strategy for us I hate to see anyone skip it unless they really can't. let's do 4 days a week instead.

Can you please give me some rough guidelines. Would that be ok?

Toast with vegemite/jam plus full fat yogurt (breakfast)
2 servings of salmon/beef a week
Potato/white rice
At least 6 eggs
Salads, fruit but no juices
Vegetable soups

Am I ok to have chicken in addition to salmon/beef? How many times a week?

I assume no more fiber for me?

atomic sagebrush
March 1st, 2020, 12:31 PM
1800-2000 cals
50-60 g protein and fat

you can have chicken to get more protein if you need it, but it doesn't seem to help restore ovulation. Focus on salmon/red meat for restoring ovulation. Many times people think "but salmon/red meat will hurt my sway, I'll eat chicken instead" but the chicken doesn't help in the same way.

do you have totals on the diet stuff?

Thirdtimelucky01
March 2nd, 2020, 04:56 AM
I never really counted calories tbh as I didn’t want to obsess over diet in a typical blue mum way. I might try to calculate!

What do you think of the theory that most women ovulate from left side then the month after from right side? I was told I ovulated from left ovary when I conceived in January so most likely will ovulate from my right ovary next time (which statistically gives more boys). Not sure how true it is though?!

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2020, 12:56 PM
WE have a lot of wiggle room between tracking the necessary diet macros and obsessing. I have you track that stuff because we need to be sure you're getting enough nutrients so if you would be so kind as to add up a standard day I can tell you what if anything you need to track.

The "alternating ovary" theory is 1000% debunked. The people who say that ovaries alternate sides are charlatans who are trying to cheat people. I have seen 2 dozen women TTC in the month they were supposed to (according to the charlatans) who got opposites. Studies have proven that most women ovulate from the right side most of the time due to more blood flow and thus more hormones going to the right ovary, aiding in the development of the egg. Left sided ovulations are much less common, often happening in people with reduced fertility for some reason we don't entirely understand - when condition declines, it is believed we more often ovulate from the left side. Ovulation does not alternate sides.

BTW, right sided O is not proven to make more boys. IN the only study done which I trust, researchers found only in 3 month patterns was there any correlation, and only in women ovulating L, L, R (WITHOUT A LOSS IN BETWEEN) had 75% boys. Still plenty of girls conceived, and these were obviously in people who were not swaying. Long story short, none of this matters so please don't worry about.

Thirdtimelucky01
March 2nd, 2020, 07:44 PM
Ok so yesterday I had
Toast with yogurt - calories 250, fat 9, protein 10
Steak melt subway - calories 800, fat 30, protein 40
Pea and carrot soup - calories 200, fat 3, protein 6
Pistachio 50 grams- calories 300, fat 22, protein 10
Apple - calories 50
Carrot - 40 calories
Wine - 200 calories

Total calories - 1850, fat 65, protein 66

This was unusually big lunch for me, usually I’d eat half of that and have bigger dinner but nutrition wise it’s about the same.

Am I ok to eat pistachios or too much fat/nutrition?

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2020, 12:14 PM
That's all fine with me. The pistachios are ok within limits.

Thirdtimelucky01
March 7th, 2020, 04:24 PM
Question- on CD15 I had EWCM and at 10pm my digital OPK turned positive (solid smiley face) though the line wasn’t as dark as the control line (does it matter at all?). So we had an attempt that night. On CD16 and CD17 (today) I still had the solid smiley and the test line just as dark as the control line in the morning but my cervical mucus turned white creamy (sorry TMI) on CD17 and OPK turned negative at 7pm on CD17. I’m super keen to get pregnant quickly after my miscarriage so I’m contemplating another attempt tomorrow (on CD18) or day after (CD19) in case I have delayed ovulation. Or do you think I already ovulated?

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2020, 04:27 PM
On the ones with the solid/flashy smiley you aren't meant to pay attention to the darkness of lines.

The rate at which your CM changes is not consistent at all (I know they make claims about this on other sites, but these claims are nonsense) so we can't know if you've Oed or not. The rate at which your OPK goes negative also does not tell you if you've ovulated or not. You will ovulate on average 24-36 hours after first positive.

I think it's a great idea to have another attempt CD 18 to cover your bases as a CD 15 attempt would not cover any further than that.

Thirdtimelucky01
March 8th, 2020, 05:09 PM
Would that make it two attempts?

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2020, 05:48 PM
No, that's not two attempts because if there was anything left over from the CD 15 attempt it would have already fertilized the egg, and then if there isn't, the CD 18 attempt would have time to capacitate and make it to the egg.

Thirdtimelucky01
March 10th, 2020, 09:21 PM
So I got a positive OPK on CD15 and had another attempt as you suggested on CD18. I also had a BBT 36.4 C on CD18 and 36.6 C on the morning of CD19 so I assume I ovulated on CD18 judging by BBT? Or positive OPK on CD 15 and possible ovulation on CD16-17 is more reliable?

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2020, 05:25 PM
Temps are not quite as reliable as we'd like them to be. It's likely you Oed CD 18, but occasionally the temp rise takes a day or two to happen so CD 16-17 are possible. :)

Thirdtimelucky01
March 19th, 2020, 06:03 PM
My first period after MC is super strange! It started as spotting (I almost thought it was IB as it was cd28 and 11dpo), just a few drops of pink, the next day (today) is a bit heavier but more like what I would have on a second last day of a period. Is that normal? I expected it to be very heavy!

atomic sagebrush
March 21st, 2020, 06:09 PM
Yes that's very normal. It may be you didn't ovulate at all or that you did and then just hadn't built up much of a lining. Both heavier than normal and lighter than normal, are, well, normal, LOL.

Thirdtimelucky01
April 17th, 2020, 06:38 AM
This month I had implantation cramps (or something that I was sure to be that) and back ache at 9dpo, just like in both my previous successful pregnancies so I was sure I’m pregnant but no, CD1 today! So frustrating!!! Also, do I count the day of super light spotting as CD1 or the day of full on bleeding? I never had spotting before my miscarriage in February, always red blood straight away in AM, now I get super light pink spotting for a day and only the day after would be proper flow. Also my cycle is now spot on 27 days whereas before it was all over the place (alternating months of 27 and 32 days). Do you think it has something to do with the diet or exercise?

MsDashwood
April 17th, 2020, 11:42 AM
Atomic will know more about your other questions. But regarding implantation pain - I totally get you! I think it’s been an age thing for me. There was one month recently where I swore I was pregnant - I could literally NOT believe the test was negative as I had all the signs that I knew. We weren’t trying, so it’s not like I was looking out for them.

Our bodies do strange things I think, but it’s happened many more times since and I think an age/hormone thing that could cause it. The older I get the more it seems to happen

atomic sagebrush
April 17th, 2020, 11:43 AM
My rule of thumb with CD 1 is "if you think it is your period, then it is."

It's a normal pattern for many people to start off with a day of light spotting, and it's also a normal pattern to end your period with a day or two of spotting. It's also normal to have these patterns on occasion even when you normally don't or for your pattern to change totally especially when swaying. The only real way to know is to count from your ovulation day (and even then it's not very reliable.)

The good news is that as long as it's not MANY days of spotting before red flow it doesn't matter anyway.

Many of us notice changes n our cycle with swaying. This may be a good thing! We have a whole thread about it here: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/58219-when-did-you-get-af-what-genders-do-you-have.html

Thirdtimelucky01
April 17th, 2020, 06:01 PM
Another quick question- do we have any knowledge around whether ovulation pain actually happens during ovulation? Or it can be before/after?

atomic sagebrush
April 18th, 2020, 01:13 PM
We know for a fact that you can have O pain before (many eggs develop and only the best 1-2 are ovulated), during (the actual sensation of the egg being released), and after ovulation (the ovaries are still swollen, the tubes cramp to move the egg down, and the fluid that comes from the follicle causes irritation as it encounters other organs). O pain is not at all helpful to pinning down O.

Thirdtimelucky01
May 1st, 2020, 06:37 PM
Just when I thought my cycle became spot on 28 says with peak OPK on day 15 (last 3 cycles) it all changed again! It’s now CD16 and I’ve been having high reading (flashy smile) since CD13 so 4 days in a row! Should I wait? Should I start e4d? So confused!

atomic sagebrush
May 2nd, 2020, 11:30 AM
It's your call to make. Having many days of high before going to peak is very normal, happens all the time to people (as does going straight to peak with zero highs!). So you can keep testing and the odds are you'll have a peak, or you can go to e4d now, or you can have an attempt now and then keep testing, and if you get a peak within the next 2 days, stick with the attempt you've had. If 4 or more days from now, have another attempt, and if it's that no mans land of 3 days, either flip a coin or use the rule of thumb "for best odds of pregnancy, have attempt, for best odds of pink, stick with the attept I had". :)

Thirdtimelucky01
May 2nd, 2020, 11:42 PM
So I ended up having a peak reading the night of CD16 (like 10pm) and we had an attempt. I must say though the test line on OPK was not as dark as the control line. This morning CD17 my BBT spiked to 37.0C from 36.4C (I slept in by 1.5 hours though)! But my OPKs look even darker today. Do you think I ovulated at some point yesterday/last night or not necessarily? I will probably have another attempt on CD19 just in case.

atomic sagebrush
May 3rd, 2020, 11:46 AM
Yes please have another attempt CD 19 because sometimes the false positives can be very tricky.

The Clearblue OPK digi tests use other metrics aside from just LH hormone so sometimes you can get Peak reading without the lines working the same as on standard tests. I think you had a well timed attempt and ~usually~ once the temp rises it's a done deal.

Thirdtimelucky01
May 6th, 2020, 05:45 PM
My husband got sick so couldn’t do another attempt:( my ovulation is getting delayed by the cycle (in March I got positive OPK on day 14, April CD15 and May CD16), what can possibly delay ovulation? I don’t think I do more cardio than before, just one hour walks 5-6 days a week. What else can it be? Not enough protein? This is my third cycle post miscarriage, I truly expected to be pregnant by now as supposedly women are more fertile after miscarriage. Getting tempted to add attempts.

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2020, 06:30 PM
I want you to go to e4d in the 72 hour pattern.

Over the course of time, diet and exercise can kind of accrue. So we may need to cut back one day of exercise and add in more calories and fat. People always assume protein, but it's nearly always cals and fat.

I want you to add in a serving of full fat dairy a day and 4-6 eggs a week right away.

Can you fill me in on the following:

What's your BMI?
How much are you eating with calories and fat?

Thirdtimelucky01
May 6th, 2020, 06:41 PM
I want you to go to e4d in the 72 hour pattern.

Over the course of time, diet and exercise can kind of accrue. So we may need to cut back one day of exercise and add in more calories and fat. People always assume protein, but it's nearly always cals and fat.

I want you to add in a serving of full fat dairy a day and 4-6 eggs a week right away.

Can you fill me in on the following:

What's your BMI?
How much are you eating with calories and fat?

That’s what I thought, I suspect I miss my O entirely. My temps went back down on CD18 and then up again since CD19 so I suspect I ovulated on CD18 instead and my attempt on CD16 may not have high odds, will find out next week.

My BMI is 19.5, I put on 3 kilos since my miscarriage 3 months ago!!!
I don’t count calories (I can try) but I do one full fat yogurt each day and 4-6 eggs already, I just cut down on red meat.
I do a coffee with almond milk and a vegemite toast or two every morning, plus plenty of hommus, chicken, salads, soups, fruit, etc, trying not to eat sugary things as already put on a lot of weight!

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2020, 06:46 PM
Oh my that's right I remember now - your weight dipped very low. I suspect it's just weirdness from the weight loss and then the miscarriage. As long as you're not losing you can continue doing that, I would just be sure you're getting a good level of fat (possibly even adding another full fat dairy 3x a week)

Thirdtimelucky01
May 6th, 2020, 06:58 PM
Oh my that's right I remember now - your weight dipped very low. I suspect it's just weirdness from the weight loss and then the miscarriage. As long as you're not losing you can continue doing that, I would just be sure you're getting a good level of fat (possibly even adding another full fat dairy 3x a week)

Are you not worried about me putting on so much weight? As in, it may compromise my pink sway. But I know I was in a very low territory. So how many days should I exercise?

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2020, 01:07 PM
We can say both "it would have been better had you not dropped so low" and at the same time "you are doing what needs to be done now", if that makes sense. Ideally we'd not have gone this route, but it happened, and we know from our results that weight loss OR gain has not been very predictive of whose sways work. We have seen plenty of people who gained weight and got girls and lost it and got boys.

What I do know is this - if you can't get pregnant you have NO chance of a baby girl at all.

Look at how many days you're exercising and drop one day.

Thirdtimelucky01
May 31st, 2020, 11:06 PM
Hi Atomic! How much lower are the odds of pink with 2 attempts? I had my positive OPK yesterday so had my attempt last night and tomorrow I have an ultrasound which will confirm ovulation (or yet to confirm). If I haven’t ovulated yet I’m tempted to do another attempt tomorrow night (which may be O-1 or O if not ovulated yet and if that’s the case, it would likely place my Sunday attempt at O-2 or O-3). My LH surge is always long (I know it doesn’t mean I’m yet to ovulate, ill find out more tomorrow).

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2020, 01:24 PM
That's fine, I am ok with that. At this point it's time to start adding attempts anyway.

As it sits right now 2 attempts is only barely worse than 1, but I believe that to be in no small part since most people who go to 2 attempts have been trying a long time and have been on diet a long time (meaning they may be more set for pink) You're in that boat too! so please add attempt!

Thirdtimelucky01
June 19th, 2020, 05:31 PM
Hi Atomic, I’m on CD7 of my 5th cycle TTC. What do you think I should try this month? You said last time it’s probably time to add attempts and I agree. Should I aim at O-2 and O-1 (second flashy and first solid smiley)? Or should I just do e4d (in the 72 hr pattern) starting now (let’s say CD 8, 11, 14, 17 and 20)?

atomic sagebrush
June 21st, 2020, 09:43 AM
I want you on e4d absolutely starting right away. Keep going past when you think you've ovulated.

If you are ready to boost odds of conception even higher (with possibly lower success rates) then add in one more attempt at positive OPK. If not, then just do the e4d.

Thirdtimelucky01
July 11th, 2020, 06:43 PM
Another month was a no go :( I tried e4d plus another attempt the day after positive OPK and that didn’t work. Is implantation dip a myth? I clearly had one this month (along with back aches and abdominal cramps) but started to spot this morning on CD29 (most likely CD1 if the bleeding gets heavier). What do you think I should do next month? It’s my 6th month TTC after a miscarriage. Thank you! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200711/0b9e0347fe58ddff64906e135f997a24.jpg

atomic sagebrush
July 12th, 2020, 01:36 PM
Yes, "implantation dip" is a myth, or more accurately, a misnomer.

People (pregnant or not) can have a dip at 7 DPO or so because their body releases a big burst of estrogen. This helps to maintain the lining long enough for a potential pregnancy to send a signal to the body to start making progesterone to sustain the lining so the baby can develop.

Unfortunately at some point people thought this was related to implantation, but it isn't. People have this dip even in months they haven't had sex LOL. So this is something that can be upsetting to people to see and then have a BFN but it doesn't mean you had a chemical, it's just a normal secondary estrogen surge. :)

Was there a reason you had your additional attempt the day after pos OPK?

ARe you continuing with e4d after you think ovulation has occurred?

Anything else you can think of that may be cutting odds too far?

Thirdtimelucky01
July 12th, 2020, 05:13 PM
I had a positive OPK on Clearblue which turned positive on CD15 but then my cheapie had a test line much darker than control line on CD16 do I panicked and had another attempt. I planned to have my next attempt on CD19 or CD20 but by then my temps were 36.9-37.0 and never came down.

We don’t really do anything else, I don’t take any supplements other than folate and CoQ10, don’t do jellies or antihistamines. My hubby is 50 though, should I give him anything for sperm health? He’s been taking olive leaf since January on and off (he forgets sometimes). He likes peppermint tea but I told him to cut down. We do spooning or doggy usually, I stay on my tummy for 15 minutes, then J&D.

After I had back ache and cramps on 9DPO (se day as the bbt dip) I also had chills on 11DPO (similar to what I had the day I miscarried in February). Does that matter at all?

I can’t think of anything else and getting worried that something is wrong with me. I went to see my OB who said everything looks normal but offered to flush my tubes as an option.

Oh yes, and my period is now back to morning starts with no spotting :( I might try to go fully vegetarian this months.

atomic sagebrush
July 13th, 2020, 10:40 AM
No I would have absolutely recommended the second attempt. I think (especially given that the dip was on 9 DPO not 7) that you ovulated a couple days later than FF thinks.

I want you on e4d ALL MONTH LONG. Not just one attempt and then another attempt. All month. So in this scenario you had attempt CD 15 and should have had another CD 18. The CD 16 was the "additional attempt at positive OPK). I think you maybe just missed the egg this time.

Go ahead and do the tubal flush. Doesn't hurt your chances, may help

When has he cut back on the pep tea? How much was he drinking?

Let's go ahead and add in a Men's One a Day Over 50 for him.

I want you to keep doing what you're doing with diet. I hesitate for you to go back to being fully vegetarian now. There is NO GUARANTEE when your period starts what gender you will conceive. That is just an interesting observation we've been keeping our eye on and is in no way any kind of surefire way to know what gender you will conceive (not to mention that you will never know when your period would have come in the month you get pregnant anyway! your period tells u about what happened LAST month, not THIS month, and a month that ends with a BFP you'd never know what your period would have been like anyway).

Thirdtimelucky01
July 13th, 2020, 07:57 PM
Ok thank you. He stopped drinking it last week and would have one cup a day (before bed), I got him on green tea instead, he just wants a cup of tea before bed. Will add vitamins for him.

Shall I carry on with 4-5 days of exercise or do I need more? My weight has been steady for 3-4 months now (bmi 19.5).

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2020, 01:29 PM
Keep with 4-5 days a week. Let's keep things roughly where they are.

Thirdtimelucky01
September 28th, 2020, 01:11 AM
Hi Atomic, just wanted to update that NIPT confirmed a baby girl due early 2021! Thank you for all your help and support! [emoji3590]

atomic sagebrush
September 28th, 2020, 12:47 PM
AWESOME news!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thirdtimelucky01
January 2nd, 2021, 12:24 AM
Can you please send me the link to post my sway Atomic, I tried to search for it but can only find a page that looks more like a questionnaire.

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2021, 01:42 PM
Sure! It's here! Hope you guys are doing well! https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-boy-sway-/