PDA

View Full Version : We told our eldest yesterday

TTC5
January 22nd, 2012, 03:44 PM
Through my TWW my eldest DD (13 next month) kept dreaming I was pregnant :pregnant:

Hubby and I decided to tell her yesterday. The look on her face was amazing, she was tearing up and everything!! It is going to be special having a 13 year age gap between these two :)

She was clucking over me yesterday, following me around, making me drinks and when the little ones tried to jump on me she would shoo them away and ask if my belly is ok! Bless her!!

begonia
January 22nd, 2012, 05:09 PM
Oh 5 what a special little girl you have there :) I guess though at near 13 I should refer to her as a young lady! I'm sure her taking such sweet care of you is no doubt a reflection of her Mama taking such loving care of her :HH:

TTC5
January 22nd, 2012, 05:23 PM
Thanks Begonia :) She is always telling me how I did such a good job having her so young and giving everything up
For her. It's such a nice feeling to know your child is so
Proud of you. I couldn't imagine not having gone through having her she is a real blessing :)

fresas
January 23rd, 2012, 01:37 AM
She sounds darling. <3

My Fabulous Children
January 23rd, 2012, 02:16 AM
Awww How sweet :awe:

love being a mummy
January 23rd, 2012, 04:21 AM
awwww thats so sweet.

auroara78
January 23rd, 2012, 10:09 AM
TTC5, that made me tear up! that is so beautiful...I am so happy you also gave life to her at a time that it must be have been so difficult! Kudos to you and your sweet young lady!

KnockYourBallsOff
January 23rd, 2012, 10:14 AM
How awesome!!!! Sounds like you have an amazing little girl!

Hobbermittens
January 23rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
Oh, what a sweetie! I bet she will be thrilled when that baby comes. When will you tell the other kids? I am not sue when to tell mine. I don't want to tell them before we are ready for the world to know, so I guess we will wait until at least 12 weeks.

purplepoet20
January 23rd, 2012, 10:57 AM
My younger brother was born a few weeks before my 13th bday... (I was forced by my mother to care for him)... but I was very attached to him. I learned from him how to be a mom. I spoiled him. Because of reasons I couldn't do anything about my mother lost custody of him and I haven't seen/held/talked to him since he was 8yo but I still remember everything since the day he was born. Just realized how much I miss him. :sad:

There is always a strong bond between kids with that big of an age gap... since your young lady is hitting the age of maturity!

Sunset
January 23rd, 2012, 11:06 AM
aww how sweet :)

tinksmagic
January 23rd, 2012, 04:21 PM
You are very fortunate she's so understanding! After my remarriage, DD and DS were p'd because we were expecting DD (10 and 8 yr age gaps). Then when next DD showed up out of the blue (we gave up trying after 5 years), oldest DD and DS were p'd all over again! DD#2 only cared when DD#3 "got the donuts she wanted" (cute story, lol). With DS attempt #1, oldest DD stopped talking to me until after m/c at 12 weeks. DS (very religious) decided it's God's plan for us...

Now that we *might* be preggers with DS (#2 and hopefully #3), oldest DD found drugs (darn!) and stopped talking to us again (time to GROW UP before her wedding in July), but DS gave hubby a jar of maca root powder (wondering if that's why we got 5 boy embies?), DD #2 is (meh, I'm a "tweenie" and my life sucks anyway), and DD #3 CANNOT WAIT for her little brothers!!!

So best of luck to you, that's wonderful that she's on board with it, I'm sure she'll make an awesome big sister!!!

secretly sad
January 23rd, 2012, 06:04 PM

TTC5
January 23rd, 2012, 08:46 PM
Oh, what a sweetie! I bet she will be thrilled when that baby comes. When will you tell the other kids? I am not sue when to tell mine. I don't want to tell them before we are ready for the world to know, so I guess we will wait until at least 12 weeks.

Might wait until 12 weeks but not sure..

Chunksta
February 10th, 2012, 08:34 PM
congrats on your pregnancy hope everything goes well for you
xoo

atomic sagebrush
February 11th, 2012, 11:23 AM
11 and 13 year age gaps between me and my brother and sisters and I agree, it's a very special experience!

Flava
February 11th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Oh that is so nice! I wish to have it if I get pregnant ...but no :sad: My DD1 is not like that at all. She is over 14 and she already told me more then once she hope we are not going to "have another one" like she says...Sometimes I joke and say so what if we have another baby and she is like no way and get's angry and all. i told her she is not nice and she is just lucky to be the first one.
So it's sound silly but if i get a sticky baby Im scared to tell her because of her reaction.
Something nice to look forward too, huh?:(

TTC5
February 11th, 2012, 03:08 PM
That must be hard Flava :(

skrimpy
February 11th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Through my TWW my eldest DD (13 next month) kept dreaming I was pregnant :pregnant:

Hubby and I decided to tell her yesterday. The look on her face was amazing, she was tearing up and everything!! It is going to be special having a 13 year age gap between these two :)

She was clucking over me yesterday, following me around, making me drinks and when the little ones tried to jump on me she would shoo them away and ask if my belly is ok! Bless her!!

Too sweet 5!

My kids are already hoping for another baby :)

skrimpy
February 11th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Oh that is so nice! I wish to have it if I get pregnant ...but no :sad: My DD1 is not like that at all. She is over 14 and she already told me more then once she hope we are not going to "have another one" like she says...Sometimes I joke and say so what if we have another baby and she is like no way and get's angry and all. i told her she is not nice and she is just lucky to be the first one.
So it's sound silly but if i get a sticky baby Im scared to tell her because of her reaction.

Flava even if she is upset at first she will love the baby. Remember at that age she has her own stuff going on and it seems like the most important thing in the world to her... But I bet she'll love a new LO regardless :)

atomic sagebrush
February 11th, 2012, 04:58 PM

That is how my boys are too...I didn't really mention that LOL! I think my DS 2 would implode if I had another baby.

TTC5
February 11th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I come from a family of 7 and loved it when my parents had another baby! I was 13 when the last one was born (my brother) and then had my own 2 years later!

Journey2dFuture
February 12th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Aww cute - I'm she will mature super fast once the baby is here she'll love being a big sister again. :D