PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of?

lena
January 22nd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Amarlia for my little girl? I think its pretty as do others I have asked. Others think it is horrible and I am scared I am missing something. What do you think. Other names I like are Amity and Alexa (this is very close to my name only one letter different though). Middle name will be May. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks heaps

DoulaMama
January 22nd, 2012, 06:38 PM
Hmmm. To be very honest, its not my fave. I like the letters of the name but the way they're put together makes it a bit harsh and I find it's not very easy to say...although I'm not sure of your background etc. Whereabouts do you live?
What is it about the name that really attracts you?

nuthinbutpink
January 22nd, 2012, 06:48 PM
I thought it said amarilla. Like spanish for yellow. It's not very *pretty* sounding to me.

lena
January 22nd, 2012, 06:59 PM
Amalia- A-marli-a I am in Australia. I like that it is different, for some reason Amarli (which is becoming pop here) doesn't attract me as much as it does with the a on the end.

love being a mummy
January 23rd, 2012, 04:29 AM
When I read it I said it like A - Marli - ah. I really like it :)

Princess of Pink
January 23rd, 2012, 04:54 AM
I like it!!

purplepoet20
January 23rd, 2012, 11:25 AM
I think it is very pretty... Do you like names that are common or do you like unusal names? I know a few girls named Amary (a-mar-ee), Amilly (a-mill-ee), and Amara (a-mor-ah).

zanacal
January 23rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
I also like names ending in -ia but I must admit I don't love that one. How about Emilia?

DoulaMama
January 23rd, 2012, 12:43 PM
The letters m-a-r together is what is putting me off. I think because the emphasis is on those letters which isnt pleasing to my ear. Whereas with a name like Amaryllis, the emphasis is on the r-y-l creating a softer sounding name. Just my 2 cents! This is why it's tough telling people name choices! If it's something you love it shouldn't matter what we think:) Good luck finding your name!

zanacal
January 23rd, 2012, 04:15 PM
I should have said that too - if you (and DH - I suppose!) love it then that's all that matters!

secretly sad
January 23rd, 2012, 06:04 PM

CrystalTipps
January 25th, 2012, 04:33 AM
I like it. I think it may be the feminine version of the Arabic name 'Amal' which means 'hope'.

InLove
February 20th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I love the name Amarlia! A girl I know has the name and she is the sweetest, most loving, kind person I have ever met. Although her's is spelt 'Amarliah'. But i think as long as you like it, go with it! We nearly called our son 'Taylor', I love the name but I was so set on 'Riley' (even though people said it was too girly, common ect) and it suits him to the T.

tinksmagic
February 20th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Amarlia for my little girl? I think its pretty as do others I have asked. Others think it is horrible and I am scared I am missing something. What do you think. Other names I like are Amity and Alexa (this is very close to my name only one letter different though). Middle name will be May. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks heaps

Amarlia May ~I love it! Being from Boston though, you really gotta pronounce the R, lol. Amity reminds me of Amityville Horror (sorry) and Alexa seems too b*tchy a name, lol. We were going to do Alexis but hubby said too b*tchy so it's her middle name and guess what? She's a HUGE witch with a capitol B!!! so it should have been her first name!

Cinss
February 20th, 2012, 05:37 PM
I really like Amarlia and Amity, i would probably spell them - Amalia and Amitee though. People didn't like my DDs name at first but now that she is 2 it suits her so well and everyone says it is a nice name now.