PDA

View Full Version : If you have a question, please post it here:)

Pages : [1] 2 3

nuthinbutpink
January 23rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the service, what it entails, etc. Please feel free to post them in here.

rainbowflower
January 23rd, 2012, 10:41 AM
hmm this is interesting :)

quick comment, had a look at the girl sway questionnaire and the weight option didn't have the one I'd tick - that I currently weigh less than I'd like to weigh long term

purplepoet20
January 23rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
I was going to look at the sign up option but it said I have to be a dream member, which I am.... found my own answer!

nuthinbutpink
January 23rd, 2012, 11:25 AM
I fixed it. I think I had a setting wrong. Thanks for posting!

rainbowflower
January 25th, 2012, 06:59 AM
will you be doing this kind of form for sways in general BTW?

nuthinbutpink
January 25th, 2012, 07:15 AM
will you be doing this kind of form for sways in general BTW?

Do you mean in the way of surveys? If so, yes, that is one of my goals is to get a TTC Girl and TTC Boy Survey up and running. Once someone inputs the data into the survey, it can be posted into a forum automatically or searched on for data mining purposes.

rainbowflower
January 25th, 2012, 08:58 AM
yes, that's what I meant. I saw that you already automatically post this one into a forums and think that looks like a great plan for a general swaying survey!

atomic sagebrush
January 25th, 2012, 10:52 AM
yes, I had that in the back of my mind when I wrote it, was that this would be an excellent way to get information.

*ruby*
January 27th, 2012, 05:45 PM
We are planning to start TTC in June this year so just wondering how much prior to that I should sign up?

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Hi Ruby, I would give it at least 2 months in advance because the schedules I make go back 90 days.

The main thing to do longer than 2 months out (so at the 90 day mark) is to give up red meat or better yet, all meat. And if you have a lot of weight to lose (over 50 lb or 4 stone) then you might want to start losing weight before the 2 month mark to be sure you have lost a good amount before TTC.

Also, if minerals and egg priming is important to you, you may want to start doing diet or supps 90 days out because some people believe that you make your egg more receptive to sperm of a particular gender by doing that.

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Hi Ruby, I would give it at least 2 months in advance because the schedules I make go back 90 days.

The main thing to do longer than 2 months out (so at the 90 day mark) is to give up red meat or better yet, all meat. And if you have a lot of weight to lose (over 50 lb or 4 stone) then you might want to start losing weight before the 2 month mark to be sure you have lost a good amount before TTC.

Also, if minerals and egg priming is important to you, you may want to start doing diet or supps 90 days out because some people believe that you make your egg more receptive to sperm of a particular gender by doing that.

Waiting4Daisy
January 28th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Hi ladies. I'm very keen to sign up but wondering if you need specific dates regarding cycle. I ask because I'm currently breastfeeding, won't be swaying until I stop (maybe starting sway in July) but not sure my cycles will have returned to normal or completely regulated yet. Is it best to wait until Af has returned before swaying?

*ruby*
January 28th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Thanks Atomic,

I'm not sure what you mean by egg priming though? Is that just through doing the diet and taking supplements?

nuthinbutpink
January 28th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Thanks Atomic,

I'm not sure what you mean by egg priming though? Is that just through doing the diet and taking supplements?

The egg life cycle is 90 days so just starting from the beginning to have the greatest impact.

atomic sagebrush
February 1st, 2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks Atomic,

Some people think that by following a diet for the entire lifespan of the egg, you make the egg more likely to "pick" an X or Y sperm to fertilize this. This is known as "egg priming." I don't necessarily believe that this is how swaying works but I can totally understand anyone wanting to give it a try!!

atomic sagebrush
February 1st, 2012, 09:56 AM
Hi ladies. I'm very keen to sign up but wondering if you need specific dates regarding cycle. I ask because I'm currently breastfeeding, won't be swaying until I stop (maybe starting sway in July) but not sure my cycles will have returned to normal or completely regulated yet. Is it best to wait until Af has returned before swaying?

Lots of people sway while they breastfeed. It's totally at your option. I can design a plan for you if you want to continue breastfeeding that will be slightly different than for someone who is not BF, but will still sway for you.

You don't need to have regular cycles to sway, either. By using OPK, you can sway even if your cycles are not back to normal yet. Just let me know how you want to do it and I can design a sway for you either way.

sweetpea
February 2nd, 2012, 08:51 PM
I am very interested in signing up for this service! However, similar to the question above, I don't have any recent charts to share bc I haven't been charting my cycles. The last time I charted was to get pg with my last DC, and that was in September of 2009. Should I chart a few cycles before I sign up for this service then?

Also, I've still got quite a bit of weight to lose before I start TTC (at least 50-60 pounds). I've lost 20 already within the last month by juice fasting. My juice fast ends in a few days, and I'm not sure if I should start the LE diet and/or any supplements right now, before I sign up, or just wait on the diet and supps until after I sign up.

Not really sure what would be best....advice?

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2012, 08:21 AM
Oh, no need to chart your cycles at all. In fact, many people shouldn't chart because keeping that close an eye on their temps, entering it into the chart, etc. can raise testosterone for them. If you don't already chart, I think it's better to use OPK instead of launching the "great chart project of 2012" due to the risk of increasing T levels.

My advice would be for you to start the diet right away if you have a lot of weight to lose and that would be what I would tell you to do if you did get a plan anyway. You don't need to start supps until closer to when you will attempt (90 days-6 weeks)

sweetpea
February 3rd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Oh, no need to chart your cycles at all. In fact, many people shouldn't chart because keeping that close an eye on their temps, entering it into the chart, etc. can raise testosterone for them. If you don't already chart, I think it's better to use OPK instead of launching the "great chart project of 2012" due to the risk of increasing T levels.

My advice would be for you to start the diet right away if you have a lot of weight to lose and that would be what I would tell you to do if you did get a plan anyway. You don't need to start supps until closer to when you will attempt (90 days-6 weeks)

Thank you so much for your reply, Atomic! :)

No charting actually sounds so freeing, LOL! I've charted many, many cycles in the past (both to avoid pregnancy and to get pg), and it would be so nice to relax a bit from that and just use OPKs.

I can definitely start the diet right away, but I'd have to be on it for quite awhile to lose the amount of weight I need to lose (at least 50-60 pounds, maybe even more). I'm assuming it's fine to be on this diet for that long, then?

As for supplements, I can always start them later, like you suggested, but I have a question about two of them: Folic Acid and Vitex. In the past, I've always needed Vitex to help regulate my cycles and especially to help lengthen my LP (I normally have a very short LP, which I think may have contributed to my first chemical pregnancy, before my successful pregnancies). I've always taken it non-stop, all the way through each cycle, and have gotten pg quite easily on it. However, I've always needed a few months of being on it before it starts to actually lengthen my LP. Would you suggest then, that I start Vitex a bit earlier? And as for Folic Acid, it's always a good idea to start that as early as possible, right?

Hmm...so now I'm thinking of purchasing this service sooner rather than later. When do you think would be a good time to purchase it? Is it too early to purchase now, seeing as though I need to first concentrate on a big weight loss? Or would it be beneficial to purchase now and start working on my plan?

I'm so excited to try swaying this year!! (Heh - can you tell??) :bigsmile:

ETA: To give you an idea of the kind of weight I need to lose.....

Height: 5' 1"
Starting weight (beginning of January, my ALL TIME high): 187 pounds
Current weight (as of today, February 3rd): 166.6 pounds
Total weight loss so far: 20.4 pounds

Healthy weight range for my height and frame: 97 - 127 pounds
My personal "comfortable" weight range: 108 - 112 pounds
Optimal weight range for my body, when TTC pink: ____________ (?) Suggestions??

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2012, 03:24 PM
Hi sweetpea -

The LE Diet is safe to be on indefinitely and the guidelines are taken from the WHO and Web MD for safe protein/fat intake for women, and the caloric intake is what is recommended by reproductive endocrinologists for safe weight loss while going HT. (we talked about this a bit in another thread.)

Your plan is going to work for you no matter when you enact it, so it makes some sense to have it now and then you and I can work together to iron out the details and answer any questions you have while you're still losing weight. That way when you're ready to sway, you'll totally have everything in place and be able to relax when it comes time to sway - no worries about raising testosterone by obsessing over swaying when the time comes!! :)

Since you know you'll need the vitex to help you with TTC, then yes, do go ahead and start it sooner rather than later. Folic is also a good idea - at the very least, take 800 mcg now and then we can increase it when we get closer to the sway.

I answered this in your other thread but I would say ideal weight goal for pink (for someone of your height) would be between 97-112 lbs. If you can't get there, that's fine, weight loss by itself does sway. It's just that it makes the most sense and data seems to support being at your lowest adult weight when TTC pink.

sweetpea
February 3rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
Great info, thank you!! :) Yes, we did talk about these things in another thread (I apologize for bringing up the same issues in different areas of the forums), so I won't address what we've already discussed here.

You've convinced me to go ahead and purchase the plan now! :bigsmile: Knowing full well what an obsessive person I am about these kinds of things (and life in general, LOL), I think it would do me good to work on a plan for a few months, let myself obsess as much as I want while learning what I need to do...and then, once the plan's in place, relax and just go through the motions (just like you said). And like I've mentioned before, I'm not necessarily in a big hurry to start swaying (especially since I've still got a lot of weight to lose and a LOT to learn). I just want to give myself the best shot I can to TTC a little girl naturally.

Thanks for all your help!!! I'm so thrilled that I found this forum! :running:

*ruby*
February 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Some people think that by following a diet for the entire lifespan of the egg, you make the egg more likely to "pick" an X or Y sperm to fertilize this. This is known as "egg priming." I don't necessarily believe that this is how swaying works but I can totally understand anyone wanting to give it a try!!

Thanks, I think I will start the diet 90 days out. I have about 7kgs (not sure what that is in pounds) to loose, so should easily be able to get down to my ideal weight on the diet in that time.

Waiting4Daisy
February 4th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Thank you atomic for your kind reply. Think, for many reasons, we will not be attempting now until a year in July, but hopefully I'll be able to buy the service to use then :-)

atomic sagebrush
February 4th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Great info, thank you!! :) Yes, we did talk about these things in another thread (I apologize for bringing up the same issues in different areas of the forums), so I won't address what we've already discussed here.

You've convinced me to go ahead and purchase the plan now! :bigsmile: Knowing full well what an obsessive person I am about these kinds of things (and life in general, LOL), I think it would do me good to work on a plan for a few months, let myself obsess as much as I want while learning what I need to do...and then, once the plan's in place, relax and just go through the motions (just like you said). And like I've mentioned before, I'm not necessarily in a big hurry to start swaying (especially since I've still got a lot of weight to lose and a LOT to learn). I just want to give myself the best shot I can to TTC a little girl naturally.

Thanks for all your help!!! I'm so thrilled that I found this forum! :running:

You are not alone sweetpea - that is very close to universal amongst boy-moms (just a wee bit obsessive :)) and one thing that I hope can be helped by this service! Let ME obsess and you watch "Jersey Shore" (that'll cure your GD anyway!) and paint your fingernails. Glad I could be of help!!

atomic sagebrush
February 4th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks, I think I will start the diet 90 days out. I have about 7kgs (not sure what that is in pounds) to loose, so should easily be able to get down to my ideal weight on the diet in that time.

7kgs is not a lot of weight, so if you find yourself losing too much too quickly, relax a bit on calories while sticking to the lower protein/vegetarian guidelines. Good luck!!

atomic sagebrush
February 4th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Thank you atomic for your kind reply. Think, for many reasons, we will not be attempting now until a year in July, but hopefully I'll be able to buy the service to use then :-)

Looking forward to it! Best wishes!!

sweetpea
February 4th, 2012, 03:48 PM
You are not alone sweetpea - that is very close to universal amongst boy-moms (just a wee bit obsessive :)) and one thing that I hope can be helped by this service! Let ME obsess and you watch "Jersey Shore" (that'll cure your GD anyway!) and paint your fingernails. Glad I could be of help!!

HAHAHA! Sure thing! :bigsmile:

But seriously though, this is SO wonderful! Just the fact that, with all of the information and knowledge you've acquired, YOU will be the one to put together the perfect plan for each of us makes me feel so at ease and confident about swaying. Of course, I want to learn as much about this as I can, but it's so reassuring to have this service to guide me through. I am SO grateful, and very, very excited to begin (just purchased last night)!!! :running:

sweetpea
February 4th, 2012, 04:25 PM
One more question...

I purchased this service last night (yay!) and plan on completing the two questionnaires soon. I was wondering, if I'm not able to complete them in one sitting, is there a way to save it where I left off, and complete it later on? Not sure how this works.

(I also wanted to mention really quickly that I am able to view other people's posts in the area that *I think* is supposed to be private - the area where people submit their completed questionnaires. I don't think I'm supposed to be able to view this, so I just wanted to bring it to someone's attention so that they can fix the privacy settings, or whatever it is they would need to do. Thanks! :) )

nuthinbutpink
February 4th, 2012, 06:02 PM
sweetpea- there was an old form in there that was used for testing that I forgot to delete but nothing else should be available to you either in the forum or where the forms are saved. If I am missing something, please let me know via PM. Thank you.

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2012, 11:24 AM
NBP - can people save their questionnaires halfway thru and come back to finish them later?

Irishmom
February 27th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Hi Atomic. I have been trying to sign up to the yearly membership but the link keeps failing to log into paypal. Is there any other way i can pay through paypal? Thanks.

atomic sagebrush
February 27th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Oh no, I'm sorry! I will let the site owner know (I don't do anything too technical LOL!)

We will get this fixed up for you ASAP.

Irishmom
February 27th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Wow your quick lol! No problem at all. Thanks.

nuthinbutpink
February 27th, 2012, 12:03 PM
You have to have a PayPal account. Of you do not have an account, you simply create one. Please PM me if you need help.

Millaportman
March 30th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Hi there,

I am new to this board and I have a question about gender swaying for my particular situation. I have previously studied the boards at IG and so I have "some idea" about doing a boy sway. My question is, I will be undergoing IUI with injectables and donor sperm in about 2 weeks from now. Is this enough time to do an effective sway, and is there much I can control given the method in which I plan to conceive? I am a vegetarian as well. Last month I was taking herbal supplements (false unicorn, maca, royal jelly, Fertile CM) but was told to stop by my RE because it supposedly interferes with the fertility medication I will be injecting. Would it make any difference at this point to order a fertility sway plan for a boy, or is it pretty much beyond anything I can do given my timing and method? Thank you so much for your help!

atomic sagebrush
March 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
IUI with injectibles is a great boy sway anyway!! I could take or leave ALL those supps so please don't worry that you won't have a good sway without them.

A lot of the info on the IG site (blue sways in particular) is outdated, misleading, and even dangerous so please do not worry or stress about not being able to include those tactics in your sway.

You absolutely CAN do a lot from diet alone even in 2 weeks time but I would hate for you to expend your hard earned $$ on a plan that you would only get 2 weeks' benefit from.

I would suggest you up your protein intake to 90 g or above, eat regular meals and snacks with protein and carbs at every meal, up your intake of healthy fats (nuts, avocado, olive oil, full fat dairy products - I know these are not allowed on IG but the mineral ratio stuff is very likely untrue) and eat more brightly colored fruits and vegetables. This will both boost your odds of conception/healthy pg and also conceiving a boy.

Also, if you aren't already, you should be taking a good prenatal vitamin and increase your intake of folic acid to 1600-2000 mcg a day. Eat iodized salt but do NOT overeat salt in the manner that IG suggests - that lowers your odds of conception and is not good for healthy pg.

Millaportman
March 31st, 2012, 12:57 AM
@ atomic sagebrush

Thank you so much for your prompt and helpful reply. :) I will cut back on my salt intake now since I have been eating so much of it lately. I had no idea that the information on IG was outdated and incorrect. Thank goodness I found this website! I already eat lots of fruits and veggies so I guess I am okay there, but I will definitely start eating more protein and up my dosage of folic acid. Would you happen to know whether I need to maintain 1600-2000mg folic acid throughout the pregnancy? I wouldn't want to suddenly lower it to the standard 800mg if it would cause a birth defect in this case. Thank you so much again for your help!

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2012, 03:06 PM
Keep up the folic thru the first trimester and then wean off over a period of 2-3 weeks until you're down to the amount in your prenatal. :)

Millaportman
April 1st, 2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks so much! :)

hopingforsaskia
April 6th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Just to confirm, if I was going to start a sway early next year, is it too soon to sort out a plan?? I'm one of those overzealous boy mums... ;)

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2012, 09:22 AM
No, not at all! In fact it's actually better for your sake (and that of your testosterone) to have things in place far in advance and then you can just relax until go-time.

chitchat123
April 6th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Hi. On the boy diet I have not increased by folic acid from 400ug to 800ug until the last week (that's two pills for me). 1600 seems alot of folic acid (4 pills) compared to what I've been taking, if I only further increase the dose now and take it for two weeks before TTC do you think that will be enough time or does it risk my levels being too low? Thanks

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2012, 03:45 PM
As long as you have two full weeks before you get pg and continue that higher dosage thru the first trimester of pregnancy and then gradually wean off of it, that's fine - not ideal, but fine. I would actually like to see you take 2000.

Taking extra folic acid is MANDITORY for blue swayers because the TTC blue diets deplete your body of folic acid badly. I conceived a baby with a neural tube defect while taking 800 mcg of folic acid - it does happen to real people. I was drinking green tea and eating a good amount of sodium. Please don't worry about it being too much folic, the problem is too little folic, not too much. You just pee out any excess. I was later told to take 4000 by my doctor, when I conceived my DS 4!

heavenlee
May 2nd, 2012, 05:17 PM
I just found your site and wish I found it way earlier! I was going for my attempt this month (I should O in around 10 days). I'm 39 yo and DH is 40, so I'm thinking it'll take more than one month to get preggers. Do you think it is too late to get a plan made? How long does it take to get after payment?

atomic sagebrush
May 2nd, 2012, 05:45 PM
I have two plans to be done so it would def. be by the end of this week!!

I'm 41 myself and helping older moms sway in ways that won't cut down odds of pregnancy is of critical importance to me.

heavenlee
May 2nd, 2012, 06:34 PM
I guess it won't help for this month's BD. But if I don't get preggers (which I'm thinking the odds are not that great, right), would it be enough time for next month's ttc? I just don't want to spend the money if it's too late, KWIM?

atomic sagebrush
May 3rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Oh I completely understand that!!! :)

Some peopel get lucky and conceive very easily the first month out, while others take a bit longer. You just never know! Good luck!!

wantagirly23
May 8th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I have a question! Ok so it was pretty much been explained to me that timing really does not matter and it is all about environment which makes sense to me. For me...I get EWCM and a positive opk and then O 2 days later. Last time me and DH dtd as soon as I got that positive opk and EWCM which resulted in my DS. Since I was 2 days out from O I would have thought that I would have maybe gotten a girl since its somewhat if a cut-off but my environment was totally boy friendly. Also I wasn't doing anything else to sway so who knows. So this time I am going to do the girl diet and have DH abstain for like 14 days and then we have two options (please tell me what you think is best or what you would do!)

1) We dtd as soon as I get a positive opk but this time use represh to get rid of the EWCM

2) We dtd on ovulation day when the EWCM is gone. It scares me to dtd on O day but I actually think that my environment is better on the day of versus before I O.

What do you all think? :)

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2012, 09:24 PM
I would always advise everyone to TTC at positive OPK because it does not sway in any way, it's easy and relatively stress free, and also gives the best odds of pregnancy.

Use antihistamine to dry up CM and RepHresh to lower pH and it is irrelevant what your typical EWCM patterns are. Also, once you start swayign with diet and supps, your CM patterns can change drastically so it makes no difference what your patterns have been in the past.

I got my DD by BD the day before O (confirmed by ultrasound) and I had EWCM for days afterwards. I had EWCM like 3 days after I ovulated that month.

wantagirly23
May 9th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Good to know! Thanks so much Atomic!!! I will do that then. Sorry if this is a dumb question but what sort of antihistamine is safe to take while ttc? Is benadryle ok to take? It seems like RepHresh and taking an antihistamine would be over kill. Can the sperm really travel and get up there without anything to travel in? I guess I could always just start off with both and if I am not getting pregnant I could drop the antihistamine.

atomic sagebrush
May 9th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Zyrtec and Benadryl are safe to take while TTC. I tend to prefer Zyrtec only because it's less likely to make you drowsy. Your body still produces some CM even while on antihistamine. For some people, diet and other supps in addition to the antihistamine DID make them too dry, and they dropped the antihistamine after a month or two. But antihistamine alone, rarely dries people up enough to prevent pregnancy.

Most people have been getting pregnant easily while taking antihistamine.

RepHresh does nothing to dry up CM whatsoever. It lowers the pH of your vaginal tract and husband's semen only and makes it harder for sperm to swim into your cervix and beyond. RepHresh can certainly lower your odds of pregnancy, but not because it dries up CM.

wantagirly23
May 9th, 2012, 01:41 PM
How long before doing dtd should I take the zyrtec? As soon as I get the positive opk? :)

fourunderfour
May 9th, 2012, 03:39 PM
If DH and I are trying to sway PINK and are usually more of an "abstain" type couple (could easily let 2 weeks get away from us) - would it be best to try the opposite with FR? Or does that not matter at all?

atomic sagebrush
May 9th, 2012, 06:41 PM
It's up to you - if you usually get lots of EWCM before O, start it 5 days before O or the first day you notice EWCM, whichever comes first. Don't use it O day or after your attempt.

If your EWCM dries up due to diet or SP, you may want to use it ONLY the day of your attempt.

You can also treat it as a "rescue" method and only use it if you need it - like on the day of your attempt, if you suddenly see lots of EWCM you can use an antihistamine then.

Zyrtec needs to be taken at least 6 hours before attempt (it takes some time to work but lasts for a long time) while Benadryl can be taken 1-2 hours before attempt (works faster but does not last as long.)

atomic sagebrush
May 9th, 2012, 06:42 PM
If DH and I are trying to sway PINK and are usually more of an "abstain" type couple (could easily let 2 weeks get away from us) - would it be best to try the opposite with FR? Or does that not matter at all?

If abstain is easy for you, I'd do abstain - provided he is under 35.

fourunderfour
May 9th, 2012, 11:59 PM
thanks atomic.
i wonder if you have any experience with REs??
I know i had mentioned that we used clomid in the past (to achieve 2 pregnancies - 1 m/c), but that b/c I couldn't achieve another pg after the m/c the docs said it has "run it's course" - then put me on follistim and IUI - which resulted in my twin boys.
do you think they'd put me back on clomid if i requested it specifically? do you think they'd think i was "nuts" for saying something about trying to sway pink or could i just say I'd really like to NOT have twins this time (because it is true...:omg:)
to note: it has been 4 years since I've taken clomid (i was not on metformin while doing so...but will be this time)...
i remember reading that FR is best with clomid (so no abstaining for us)...and that vitex and SP are good beforehand?
(i have an appointment at the end of this month for a consultation w an RE and would love to have a 'plan for myself' before i go along with theirs...).

also, i was wondering - do you think that a sway plan would help me - considering my restrictions of PCOS and needing fertility treatments?

atomic sagebrush
May 10th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I have secondhand experience only - friends/clients who were cycling or on fertility meds. That having been said, it is a pretty extensive secondhand experience.

I think RE's are great and genuinely want to help, but sometimes I think the old adage "Give a boy a hammer and everything he encounters begins to look like a nail" often holds true. They are often in a hurry to escalate to more advanced treatments, in no small part because they really do care and want you to get pregnant as quickly as possible.

Question - did you OVULATE on the Clomid and just not get pregnant, or did you not even ovulate?? If you didn't ovulate on Clomid or if you've been on it longer than 12 months, it has run it's course and you def. need to move to the next level of fertility drugs. If you did ovulate on Clomid and didn't take it that long, and you are under 35 and your FSH levels are ok, I'd float the idea and see what they say, but don't set your heart on the idea. If they say no way, no how, that's fine! You then have the option of doing JUST injectibles or even ask about Femara (Femara is a drug that works similarly to Clomid but may be better for people who've had bad results on Clomid - it's not FDA approved for fertility and would have to be used off-label.) Neither Follistim nor Femara sway pink, but at least they don't sway blue as much as an IUI would. The Metformin will also be working for you.

I wouldn't mention that you want Clomid to sway pink, I think that would go over like a lead balloon!! I would stick to wanting to reduce your odds of twinning and also that you want to try it while on Met to see if that helps.

FR or even skipping frequency patterns all together are best with Clomid. You want to get pg as quickly as you can.

We've had good results with people taking vitex/SP for a month prior to starting the Clomid - so you'd take it month 1 af-af, then stop it CD 1 and switch to Clomid. You can also do this with your follistem/Femara if you were prescribed those instead.

A sway plan is always an option if it makes you feel more relaxed about swaying. I've made plans for people on Clomid in the past.

fourunderfour
May 10th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Here is my history with Clomid. ((in 2006 (can't remember the exact months))
Regular OB prescribed 1 round 50 mg. Ovulated, no pregnancy.
next month 50 mg...no ovulation.
started progesterone to bring on a period, then was bumped to clomid 100mg.
Got pregnant and delivered DS1 in 2007.
In 2008 decided to try for another.
Took progesterone to bring on a period. Clomid 100mg. Pregnant 1st try.
lost baby at 10 weeks gestation.
Waited over 2 months, took progesterone, then clomid 100. No ovulation
progesterone again, bumped to clomid 150mg. No ovulation....
OB sent me to RE. ((so...overall about 6 cycles on clomid, but not consecutive))
RE brought on period with progesterone, gave me directions for follistim pen.
Trigger for ovulation, IUI... BFN

Decided in Nov 2008 to start adoption process.
DS2 came home from Ethiopia March 2010.

MOVED from IL to MD (different REs)
After consultation and testing (HSG, blood work for me and DH, everything checked out fine).
Put on progesterone, started follistim with monitoring (on very low dose)
Had 2 mature follicles and "2 on it's back."
Trigger shot on 7/29.
IUI on 7/31 - my 27th birthday!
BFP...twins - DS 3 & 4

So...yes I have ovulated on clomd, but then I also have not. It's been 4 years since I did a round of clomid.
I believe when I did my initial consultation with the RE here, she saw that the last thing I had done was follistim and IUI so decided to go with that (though trying to convince me that IVF was the better route).

So that's my history.
Can I follow up with some questions?
Though i HAVE gotten my period 3 times in the past 4 months (verrrrrry rare for me), I have no way of knowing when AF will show up or how long it'll be until another will show up. With taking SP and vitex...is it safe to take it for an extended period of time (with an irregular cycle)?
I remember asking one (or more) of my docs about Femara but was told they don't prescribe it b/c it's not FDA approved...but I will ask again at my appt on the 29th.

I'll be 29 in July and DH is 29. He never has or will drink/smoke and his sperm are "champion swimmers" and he's on board with most of this stuff for me - though not a big fan of exercising....... ;)

Oh, and with the exercising - I may have posted a message in that thread, but "while i have you" could I ask if there are alternate forms of pink swaying exercise besides running? We live in the back country with no sidewalks for my older sons to ride their bikes along side me. I have a triple stroller (front to back) that is a BEAST - over 50 lbs, with 3 riders 22-29 lbs a piece...but it is not a jogger (not that I think I could push that load while running anyway)...but would this work to take out for an hour and get the recommended exercise while walking briskly? or will that just be swaying more blue.
Ever hear of good exercise DVDs to purchase? (We no longer have comcast.)

If I do end up with the RE telling me that I need follistim, what would be the important sway factors to look at? You said they don't sway pink - so would I need to take the antihistamine, rephresh? and what about DTD?
Ever hear of Bravelle? Does it sway pink?
I suppose the one good thing about the trigger is you know exactly when you'll ovulate - but if "timing" is debunked, what sort of pink do i have to lean on?

have you done sway plans for anyone with PCOS and on injectables?

I have secondhand experience only - friends/clients who were cycling or on fertility meds. That having been said, it is a pretty extensive secondhand experience.

I think RE's are great and genuinely want to help, but sometimes I think the old adage "Give a boy a hammer and everything he encounters begins to look like a nail" often holds true. They are often in a hurry to escalate to more advanced treatments, in no small part because they really do care and want you to get pregnant as quickly as possible.

Question - did you OVULATE on the Clomid and just not get pregnant, or did you not even ovulate?? If you didn't ovulate on Clomid or if you've been on it longer than 12 months, it has run it's course and you def. need to move to the next level of fertility drugs. If you did ovulate on Clomid and didn't take it that long, and you are under 35 and your FSH levels are ok, I'd float the idea and see what they say, but don't set your heart on the idea. If they say no way, no how, that's fine! You then have the option of doing JUST injectibles or even ask about Femara (Femara is a drug that works similarly to Clomid but may be better for people who've had bad results on Clomid - it's not FDA approved for fertility and would have to be used off-label.) Neither Follistim nor Femara sway pink, but at least they don't sway blue as much as an IUI would. The Metformin will also be working for you.

I wouldn't mention that you want Clomid to sway pink, I think that would go over like a lead balloon!! I would stick to wanting to reduce your odds of twinning and also that you want to try it while on Met to see if that helps.

FR or even skipping frequency patterns all together are best with Clomid. You want to get pg as quickly as you can.

We've had good results with people taking vitex/SP for a month prior to starting the Clomid - so you'd take it month 1 af-af, then stop it CD 1 and switch to Clomid. You can also do this with your follistem/Femara if you were prescribed those instead.

A sway plan is always an option if it makes you feel more relaxed about swaying. I've made plans for people on Clomid in the past.

atomic sagebrush
May 12th, 2012, 02:03 PM
1)yeah, if you're not Oing regularly on Clomid, then it's best to do injectibles instead. It's just that a lot of people's RE's push them into IUI without really trying Clomid and I had to ask to make sure what your situation was.

2) I think it's AWESOME you adopted a little guy from Ethiopia! God bless you! ♥

3)Normally with an irregular cycle, I just have people take Vitex and SP for 14 days and then stop. That way you don't end up staying on it for too long. Plus, it seems to work best that way and we've had some ladies even with very kooky cycles who went onto V and SP and things normalized (hope this is true for you too!)

4)Yes, some doctors won't give you Femara. It IS FDA approved, just not for fertility. It's a really good drug and I hope they approve it in the future.

5)any of the dancey cardio exercise tapes (Zumba and Walk away the pounds are two I've used) are GREAT! The only thing you need to look out for is kickboxing or other videos where you go through the motions of fighting - I don't know but I believe it could be true that the motions of fighting could trigger your body to raise T levels. Walking is fine too as long as you do it with some intensity (and I used to have a twin stroller and DANG it was intense pushing that thing!!) and try for the 6-7 days a week, 60 min while losing weight on a low protein diet.

6)I would have you do diet and antihistamine with the Follistim, plus have your husband reduce those champion swimmers with licorice root and abstain. I would just have you BD once, a day before you expected to O. (at least for the first month or two IF you felt good about it.) You still have great odds of pink because it's the journey of the sperm to the egg that seems to sway, and with the injectibles, you can still control that environment. With IUI, you can't.

7)Bravelle is pretty close to the same as Follistim, with a slightly different amount of FSH/LH. So one drug might be better for you depending on your numbers and your doctor will decide which is best based on your pretesting. I don't think either Bravelle or Follistim really sway either direction and haven't been able to find any data on that.

8)I have done plans for people with PCOS but not injectibles.

Feeling Blue
May 23rd, 2012, 10:22 PM
hi all

does gender swaying (particularly pink) increase your chances of twins if there is a history of them in the family???

atomic sagebrush
May 24th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Not necessarily and in fact, it may reduce odds of twinning slightly (lower fat diet may mean fewer twins). I have an essay on how to increase odds of twinning, though. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/multiples-more-merrier/1096-conceiving-twins.html

Feeling Blue
May 27th, 2012, 08:46 AM
What's the difference between Gender dreaming and A-gender girl sways?? Anyone have experience with both???

atomic sagebrush
May 27th, 2012, 08:46 PM
A-Gender is pretty similar to what Ingender recommends and you can read a bit about the difference between my approach and InGender here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/7507-ig-vs-gd-swaying-whats-difference-who-atomic-sagebrush-anyway.html

I know there are some people on here who have dealt with A-Gender but they are very protective of their information and so it's been kinda difficult to discuss (threats of lawsuits and stuff)

nuthinbutpink
May 27th, 2012, 09:15 PM
The a-gender site does not work anymore. It has been in "maintenance mode" for over a year now.

Feeling Blue
May 28th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the replies. I have had some dealings with a-gender. I contacted one of them via email. I was not overly impressed. Charging an absolute fortune ($150au for a diet plan + $199aus for 6 months personalised dates but no follow up with the creators) and would hardly tell me anything and the fact the website was old and not working concerned me too.

Thank you so much atomic for providing another option in swaying that is awesomely priced!!

atomic sagebrush
May 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Someone posted the A-Gender diet "plan" on here (we had to take it down for legal reasons) and I promise you can get more and better info both here and on Ingender for free or for $12 a year (most of my diet stuff is in the Dream Members section because some of the other sway sites have sticky fingers unfortunately, but all the other sway info is free and will remain so.)

You're very welcome, it's my pleasure. :)

Feeling Blue
June 2nd, 2012, 07:25 AM
Is there any way to tell if hubby may have high sperm count?

What aspects of the diet are important for hubby to do for swaying pink?

atomic sagebrush
June 2nd, 2012, 01:33 PM
Only a test done by a doctor. It's ok, you don't need to know, just do the things that lower sperm count and it will take care of itself!!

Hubby actually doesn't need to do diet, but if he were willing to give up meat and whole eggs and eat more soy foods, that will only help.

Feeling Blue
June 3rd, 2012, 08:17 AM
Awesome! Thanks atomic :D

Lilpumpkin06
June 7th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Hey! New here! I joined yesterday & filled out both surveys for my custom TTC girl plans. When will I receive my plan? What foods should I eat and which ones should I avoid while I wait for my plans? Thanks!

Lilpumpkin06
June 7th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Random question.......Don't know why my posted time is 5:46 above. It's 6:46 where I live.

nuthinbutpink
June 7th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Go to Setting, scroll down to DST Corrections and change it to DST Corrections always on. That should correct it.

Lilpumpkin06
June 7th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Hey! New here! I joined yesterday & filled out both surveys for my custom TTC girl plans. When will I receive my plan? What foods should I eat and which ones should I avoid while I wait for my plans? Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
June 7th, 2012, 10:16 AM

Hi Lilpumpkin, I was just about to message you to let you know I got your questionnaire. Thank you!

I have one plan I'm working on right now and then yours is next, so I would say within 5 days and probaby sooner.

The Low Everything Diet is available in a short, downloadable version here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/custom-swaying-resources/8324-le-diet-book-v-1-a.html and then the full in depth version of the LE Diet, plus a bunch of other threads that contain recipes, meal plans and so on are in the Dream Members section here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl/

Ktiguewantspink
June 15th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Hi,

I know that since I am such an obsessive person that I am definitely going to purchase the personalized sway plan when im ready but I have a question? I am not going to try and conceive a little girl until December and I was wondering if charting would help for a better sway plan? Also I charted for both of my boys so would prior charts be helpful as well? I just stopped breastfeeding so I am waiting on my first actual cycle so just wondering of charting from now on would be helpful! Thanks and I can't wait to get started!

atomic sagebrush
June 15th, 2012, 01:17 PM
The downside of charting is that for some people it can feed "swaycession" and they get so worked up over tracking and obsessing over every little nuance of their charts that it ends up accidentally raising T levels. When I do the sway plans I base nothing off the charts anyway (I think it's easier for people to use OPK) so it seems to me to be a big risk for little payoff.

The benefit of charting is that it does make it easier to know if and when you ovulated (some OPK can be false positives) and for some people, it's an added layer of peace of mind. It's totally your call to make!

Ktiguewantspink
June 15th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Okay... I may chart just for a month or two just to ensure that I am indeed ovulating (I had issues with ovulation prior to my first son and I live in fear of not ovulating again) and than when it comes time to ttc I'll leave it to opk's! Thanks for your help and I just want to let you know your advice and information you give out Is awesome and I'm so glad I find this site! It's awesome that you are willing to help is all try and get our dream genders! Thanks!

mama3gals
June 16th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Hi there,

I'm a newbie here! I am interested in the sway plan, looks ideal! I saw a post mentioning that ttc a boy should be between sep-nov, does that still stand? Just so I can plan ahead. I realise this was the suggestion for a full on sway.
Thanks in advance!

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2012, 10:04 AM
If you live in the Northern Hemisphere, there is a "boy peak" of conceptions from Sept-Nov - Southern Hemisphere is the opposite, Mar-May for boys. It's certainly not make or break and people conceive boys and girls throughout the cycle. You can read about that here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/1693-seasons-swaying.html

mama3gals
June 17th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Thankyou for that, just planning ahead, will have a read over that!

Lilpumpkin06
June 22nd, 2012, 07:30 AM
I have a couple of probably dumb questions! I used to drink a gallon of water a day, but now that I'm TTC Girl I only drink coffee, CL, & diet sodas. Does drinking a lot of water sway blue since it's healthy?

Also, I'm on the computer all day & our home office is in our bedroom? Should I worry about the positive ions? I bought an ion fan (not sure if I'm calling it the right name). Maybe I should run that next to my side of the bed? Sorry, I know these questions are so silly! Just want to do this sway the best I can so I can hold my very own baby girl! :)

atomic sagebrush
June 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Drinking a lot of water probably doesn't sway strongly either way, but it ~may~ help to make more CM and so would sway blue in a roundabout fashion that way. You might like this essay, it talks about the different waters on the market and swaying. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/2159-water-water-everywhere-pink-blue.html

I don't believe in ions at all for gender swaying - if X and Y sperm do not have different electrical charges, which they don't, then there is NO way they can be attracted or repelled by ions. If anything, positive ions might even sway PINK by being bad for overall health (they're oxidants and can cause cell damage.) Not that I think you should bathe yourself in positive ions either because they're bad for you and may contribute to cancer.

dloui128
June 22nd, 2012, 12:43 PM
I don't really know if it means anything but when I had both of my girls I NEVER drank water, all I drank was Coffee, sodas and or juice and milk sometimes. This time I am pregnant with a boy and all I drank was water(lemon water, coconut water, plain water lol) nothing else

Lilpumpkin06
June 22nd, 2012, 02:55 PM
Thank so much atomic! I am soooo thankful I found this site. Before I found this site about a month ago I was planning on doing the Shettles method. I hadn't heard it had been debunked or that swaying existed. I had heard about a diet recently so I looked into it. I found the in-gender site by googling 'girl diet'. After buying tons of vitamins & supplements & only taking them for one day I found YOU!! I knew something wasn't right in taking the megadoses of supplements. I felt sick & really weird after one day of them. I googled 'too much zinc' and the side effects were scary! I knew this could not be safe. I stumbled across gender dreaming & you! You are so thorough with your information. It all medically & scientifically makes sense! I believe God led me to your site for a reason! I can't say thank you enough for all that ou do!!! :bighug:

Lilpumpkin06
June 22nd, 2012, 02:59 PM
Dloui, thank you so much for sharing that with me! That helps me a lot! May I ask if you swayed with your children? What was your diet and lifestyle like when you had your girls if you don't mind me asking.

dloui128
June 22nd, 2012, 06:50 PM
Dloui, thank you so much for sharing that with me! That helps me a lot! May I ask if you swayed with your children? What was your diet and lifestyle like when you had your girls if you don't mind me asking.

I didn't sway with my girls I didn't even know what swaying was at the time. I led a typical girl lifestyle, barely at breakfast, if I did eat breakfast then I probably didn't eat lunch drank alot of soda, coffee, juice and chocolate milk. I ate alot of dairy never exercised. DD1 was a 2-3 day cutoff and DD2 was a surprise so I am not sure about timing with her, hope that helps

atomic sagebrush
June 23rd, 2012, 11:38 AM
I don't really know if it means anything but when I had both of my girls I NEVER drank water, all I drank was Coffee, sodas and or juice and milk sometimes. This time I am pregnant with a boy and all I drank was water(lemon water, coconut water, plain water lol) nothing else

Thanks that's super helpful!! :)

atomic sagebrush
June 23rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Lilpumpkin, you're very welcome!! :)

mariposa
June 26th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Hi! I recently read that Atomic has wrotten some essays and I just canīt find them. COuld anyone tell me where are them? Thanks a lot!!!

atomic sagebrush
June 30th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Hi! I recently read that Atomic has wrotten some essays and I just canīt find them. COuld anyone tell me where are them? Thanks a lot!!!

I think you've found them, mariposa, you've been commenting on them! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/3305-complete-index.html

Mrsblue2
July 1st, 2012, 01:03 AM
Atomic, will you be having time off after having your baby? I was thinking about purchasing a sway plan around Nov/Dec?

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2012, 10:18 AM
Atomic, will you be having time off after having your baby? I was thinking about purchasing a sway plan around Nov/Dec?

No, I don't intend to. I'll have a couple days in the hospital of course but I hope to get right back to it when I get home (altho things may be a bit chaotic some days, I will ALWAYS answer the questions in the Custom Sway Plan section first and then the Dream Members section). Certainly by Nov/Dec things will be all well in hand. :)

Mum23boys
July 4th, 2012, 02:59 AM
How long is abstaining for is it from af - dtd on ov day ? Im not sure if fr ND 1 ATTEMT AT OV IS BEST OR IF ABSTAINING IS BEST FOR A GIRL SWAY ?

atomic sagebrush
July 4th, 2012, 09:27 AM
7-10 days

We have no way to know what is best. We do not have enough information to know for sure. People have gotten boys and girls with every frequency pattern under the sun and it's pretty unlikely that frequency even matters very much anyway. Pick the one that works best for you as a couple.

mariposa
July 6th, 2012, 06:12 AM
I think you've found them, mariposa, you've been commenting on them! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/3305-complete-index.html

Sorry, I got confused...I read your signature and thought there were new essays and I hadnt read them :worry: Thanks!!

atomic sagebrush
July 6th, 2012, 09:40 AM
I'm working on new essays and I'll post them and add them to the index as I get them done!! :)

aroundtheworld
July 6th, 2012, 04:51 PM
How long does it take to receive the personalized plan from time of purchase? TIA. :)

atomic sagebrush
July 6th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Less than a week usually. It depends on how many plans I have ahead and right now I only have one, so people can expect a slightly quicker turnaround. I think the longest was 10 days but I had several all right in a row.

aroundtheworld
July 8th, 2012, 11:20 PM
TY.

wantagirly23
July 13th, 2012, 02:29 AM
I plan to do my girl sway in September (in a couple of months yikes!) and I have been taking a NatureMade prenatal vitamin for the last year. I plan on doing the Calcium, Magnesium, and Cranberry supplements as part of my sway but will taking a prenatal affect anything? I read that more vitamins sway boy but I don't want to not take a prenatal and risk having an unhealthy baby. What should I do? :nails:Should I just take folic acid separately and stop taking the prenatal? Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
July 13th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I plan to do my girl sway in September (in a couple of months yikes!) and I have been taking a NatureMade prenatal vitamin for the last year. I plan on doing the Calcium, Magnesium, and Cranberry supplements as part of my sway but will taking a prenatal affect anything? I read that more vitamins sway boy but I don't want to not take a prenatal and risk having an unhealthy baby. What should I do? :nails:Should I just take folic acid separately and stop taking the prenatal? Thanks!

First of all, please understand I would NEVER EVER EVER advise you or anyone to do anything I did not feel to be safe. Women have been having healthy babies without prenatal vitamins since time began and virtually all of them were eating diets so much less nutritious than ours.

I would really advise not taking the prenatal prior to getting a BFP. I'm 100% convinced it sways blue and in my experience, many of the people who included a prenatal in a pink sway had opposites. Take 1200-1600 mcg folic starting a couple months before your sway and continue through the first trimester, then gradually wean off to the amount in your prenatal. Start a prenatal and a DHA supplement when you get a BFP.

If you do the LE Diet, most of the nutrients your body needs are present in ample amounts or else are nutrients your body is very good at storing in large amounts. There are three exceptions to this - potassium, zinc, and iodine. So you need to get 2500-3500 mg potassium a day, use iodized salt for your sodium requirements when possible, and if you go for 3-6 months without getting pg, you may want to add in a low dose zinc supp. (8-15 mg) 3 days a week. I do think zinc sways blue so I don't advise this unless you've gone a long time without getting pg. If you have a tendency towards anemia, are recovering from a miscarriage or are having very heavy periods, you may want to add in an iron supp 18 mg a day if you go for 3-6 months without getting pg, but iron through supplements is not well absorbed anyway and your body is very good at both storing iron and getting whatever it can from the foods you eat (many plant-based foods have some iron in them.)

wantagirly23
July 13th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks Atomic! I have always been border line anemic. While I was pregnant with DS my doctor had me take iron supplements in addition to my prenatal just to stay within a normal range because I was always low. So I think I will just take the following:

Calcium 1200mg a day
Magnesium 250mg a day
Folic Acid 1200
Iron 18mg

You also mentioned that I should take potassium supplements ...I thought that swayed blue? Isn't that why I should stay away from bananas? Also I've heard conflicting things about the Magnesium. Do you think that it really sways pink? Thanks so much for taking the time to answer all my questions!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2012, 09:10 AM
That's good to know and in that case, do take the iron. You have the option of taking it only every couple of days and not every day as well.

You NEED 2500-3500 mg potassium a day or you risk death. I'm not just saying that either, it's a serious concern, you can give yourself a fatal heart arrhythmia by cutting back on potassium too far. Your body is not meant to exist with no potassium. The limits on potassium are the exact same as advised on the FGD and IGD so you're not risking your sway in any way by getting that much potassium, that's the amount needed to sustain life.

Bananas are totally fine. They are "banned" on IGD and FGD because they have potassium, but you NEED potassium and there are no magic foods anyway. People have made themselves seriously ill by cutting back too far on potassium.

I personally do not believe in the sodium/potassium/cal/mag stuff anyway. I actually suspect that cal/mag may even sway blue. You can read more about that here: (this is a three part essay, with links in the first one to the other two. Discussions after the essays are also interesting) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html

I got my DD with both DH and I eating the least amount of dairy and taking no cal/mag, while eating tons of sodium and potassium. This was after a failed sway with DS 4 where I was taking huge doses of cal/mag and avoiding sodium and potassium. This same thing has happened to several of us. It's the DIET that does the swaying, the cal/mag stuff is just a red herring.

Mochagirl
July 14th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I got my DD with both DH and I eating the least amount of dairy and taking no cal/mag, while eating tons of sodium and potassium. This was after a failed sway with DS 4 where I was taking huge doses of cal/mag and avoiding sodium and potassium. This same thing has happened to several of us. It's the DIET that does the swaying, the cal/mag stuff is just a red herring.

Same exact thing happened to me. When I swayed with a half-assed IG diet and tons of cal-mag, I got DS3. When I followed the strict LE diet with less calcium than i've ever had in my life I got DD!

wantagirly23
July 14th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Wow ok now I am confused! Here I was all set to take calcium and mag supplements and do the girl diet! So the premise of the LE diet is just low everything right? How come they say then to eat lots of calcium and fruit, yogurt, etc to conceive a girl? Is your girl sway posted anywhere Mochagirl? I would love to see what diet I should be following and some examples of everyday things I can eat.

Mochagirl
July 14th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I think you're just getting confused between the IG diet and the LE one. The LE diet was devised by atomic sagebrush after exhaustive research, and it is a low fat, low calorie, low protein diet with no specific food restrictions as long as you stay within the general guidelines of allowed calories, fat and protein per day. Many people also limit sodium, though atomic's not sure that's necessary. You can find many more details about the diet as well as lots of recipes in the members section.

Yes, my sway is posted - I can't give you a link because I'm on my phone, but you should be able to find it in the sway section.

wantagirly23
July 14th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Ok thanks so much!!

Maybe5
July 14th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Hi hope I've go the write section I have a question about how long it takes to get a response for my personal sway. I paid via PayPal on the 9th July have filled in 2 questionnaires I found on the site, and have sent an email, but have not heard anything back from anyone. I would like to know whether you have received all of my information, and approx when I might receive some information. Does this get posted in my messages or sent to my private email address. Some information would be appreciated. Thankyou Maybe5

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Hi Maybe,

I always send a message when I get the questionnaire but we had a bit of a situation that morning of the 9th, and then I had to be gone for a couple days. When I got back it slipped my mind that I had not contacted you yet and I just started working on your plan without touching base with you first. I'm SO SO sorry from the bottom of my heart. I have your plan and one other almost complete but I saved them one extra day to go over again tomorrow, just to be sure I was happy with them (I work on the plans first thing in the morning when my children are sleeping so I can concentrate, then answer forum posts when the kids are awake so I can be interrupted LOL). I'll send it to tech support first thing in the morning and you will receive an email with a link to your plan.

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Wow ok now I am confused! Here I was all set to take calcium and mag supplements and do the girl diet! So the premise of the LE diet is just low everything right? How come they say then to eat lots of calcium and fruit, yogurt, etc to conceive a girl? Is your girl sway posted anywhere Mochagirl? I would love to see what diet I should be following and some examples of everyday things I can eat.

"they" may say that, but it's NOT part of the LE Diet. You can def. eat some yogurt and some fruit on the LE Diet but you need to stay within the diet guidelines of 1500-1800 cals, 40-50 g protein, 25-60 g fat.

wantagirly23
July 15th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Great! Thanks I will look into that! Also a couple months ago I had sent you a message with a question about abstinence and the options that go with that....I think the choices were abstinence and then dtd once or abstinence combined with compressed FR, etc. I'm 26 and Dh is 27. My plan right now for our first attempt is to do aprox 14 days of abstinence until I get positive opk and then dtd. I usually don't O until 3 days after getting a positive opk so I might decide to dtd the next day making it for 0-1 to increase chances of pregnancy. I typically get positive opks for 3 days straight and O on that last positive opk day. I'm afraid to dtd on first opk because I feel like the chances of getting pregnant that far out are pretty slim. :worry:I know it happens to people but we really want to conceive within the next few months. Anyways is it not advisable to use that first batch of sperm after abstaining for 14 days? Should dh release first and then we dtd as soon as he is able? I guess also the idea of just doing one attempt still scares me as I would love to do what we did with DS and just dtd a bunch of times...however I really want to give myself the best shot at conceiving a girl. I suppose doing a one shot try on the first attempt is good for a first attempt. Maybe for the 2nd attempt I can then resort to the abstain plus the compressed FR. How If we do the abstain+ the compressed FR....how many tries does that equal? How many times do you have dh release before you do an actual attempt? Our first attempt is in the beginning of August. If I don't get pregnant then I am seriously contemplating purchasing a sway plan from you because I have so many questions still! :) Thanks also in advance for taking the time to answer my questions :happy::bigsmile:

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2012, 02:15 PM
I think one attempt with abstinence is best but if you really feel the need to DTD twice, use BOTH the abstain batch and then DTD again right away as soon as DH is able to - within 1-3 hours is best, no more than 6 hours. By the time the next day rolls around, the sperm count can recover pretty quickly and you may be back more in the blue zone.

The sperm are STILL damaged from the abstain even if you do a second attempt - there aren't separate little compartments for them, they're all mixed together and they take 72 days or so to form, so the diff. between 71 days and 72 days is really no difference at all.

Abstain plus compressed FR can be as many or few attempts as you like. There's no magic number.

Have you read these essays yet?? I think they'll help you make up your mind.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/5636-frequency-bd-pink-blue.html

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/9736-how-many-attempts-should-i-do-when-pink-blue.html

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/10156-jellybean-factory-%96-understanding-sperm-count-frequency.html

wantagirly23
July 16th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Sounds good. I will read those articles. Right now I was thinking of maybe doing the abstain and then the one attempt at poistive opk...then the next day have dh release a couple of times and then bd once more...totaling 2 actual tries. I was readin another thread where I saw you mention that you think peppermint tea results in a lot of opposites. Why do you think that is? I just bought some peppermint tea yesterday and was planning on having that be part of my sway since I would be doing vitex or anything else. I tried vitex a few months ago and it really messed up my cycle so I don't want to take it. I was thinking about doing the peppermint tea and maybe baby aspirin. I heard of SP but that seems similar to vitex in that is can really effect your cycles...so I don't want to take it! In terms of DH...I was thinking about having him do the Licorice Root but after reading some negative reviews on that as well I have decided against it. Aside from abstain I'm not really making dh do anything else except maybe a hot shower before we bd. Or are you a big believer in dh taking supplements? Do you think that helps?

wantagirly23
July 16th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Forgot to say...THANK YOU!!!!!!!:happy::bighug::bigsmile:

atomic sagebrush
July 16th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Sounds good. I will read those articles. Right now I was thinking of maybe doing the abstain and then the one attempt at poistive opk...then the next day have dh release a couple of times and then bd once more...totaling 2 actual tries. I was readin another thread where I saw you mention that you think peppermint tea results in a lot of opposites. Why do you think that is? I just bought some peppermint tea yesterday and was planning on having that be part of my sway since I would be doing vitex or anything else. I tried vitex a few months ago and it really messed up my cycle so I don't want to take it. I was thinking about doing the peppermint tea and maybe baby aspirin. I heard of SP but that seems similar to vitex in that is can really effect your cycles...so I don't want to take it! In terms of DH...I was thinking about having him do the Licorice Root but after reading some negative reviews on that as well I have decided against it. Aside from abstain I'm not really making dh do anything else except maybe a hot shower before we bd. Or are you a big believer in dh taking supplements? Do you think that helps?

1)That frequency plan sounds good to me as long as DH is able to perform! If he starts taking LR, he may not be able to do several releases in a row. If you're not going to do the LR, then he'll prob. be good to go. I do think LR helps but there are no magic bullets. My husband didn't take it and we still got a DD.

2)I don't think the pep tea is very effective, plus, it may raise estrogen as it lowers testosterone which = more EWCM and that may sway blue. Pep tea can also affect your cycles. I personally think SP is much more effective.

3)Vitex can mess up your cycle, but that may be how it sways. May I ask how you were taking the vitex?? We're having the best luck taking V just from AF through the day before you expect to O, and taking SP at the same time may actually help keep the vitex from messing things up too much.

wantagirly23
July 16th, 2012, 11:47 AM
My cycles are usually very long around 35-40 days. I usually ovulate very late around cd 26-30. My luteal phase has been ranging between 8-10 days. I am concerned about this and am actually seeing my doctor next week to discuss the whole luteal phase defect issue...as I am afraid that if I will ha ve trouble conceiving...or even if I do conceive that I will have a early miscarriage. In an effort to try and fix my cycle I took Fertilaid which has vitex and dong quai in it. I took it for 3 months. I guess it was effective in that my cycle went to only 33 days instead but unfortunately my O was still on cd 25 ...so my lp was still only 8 days:( Since stopping the fertilaid my lp has actually increased (not by much) to 10 days which I guess the internet says is "borderline acceptable". Should I try taking vitex separately? Our first try though is going to be next month so I am afraid of messing my cycles up further. I am hoping that my docotor will just prescribe me some progesterone to take after If I get a bfp so that my short lp doesn't cause me to miscarry. I will talk to him about it next week. Its weird because some things on I have read say that there is no such thing as a luteal phase defect and others say it does. With DS he was conceived on CD 28 (so a late O) but I have no idea what my lp was. We weren't really trying with him. We were dtd a lot but I wasn't tracking cycles or anything so I have no idea what my lps have been in the past. Maybe I have always had a short lp?! :worry:

atomic sagebrush
July 16th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Yes, def. try the vitex separately. I don't trust some of the Chinese herbs, I think they do more harm than good.

The good news is, if your cycle is already screwy, the V and SP can make it better, not worse.

LP of 10 days is just ok, if your doc is willing to prescribe prog supps that's great, and he may even let you try Clomid which will fix everything and sway pink to boot.

Lilpumpkin06
July 16th, 2012, 05:07 PM
I have a forum question. I clicked "mark forums read" under quick links at the top to see what it would do. I now can't view any new posts that I know I haven't read. How do I fix this?

atomic sagebrush
July 17th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I have a forum question. I clicked "mark forums read" under quick links at the top to see what it would do. I now can't view any new posts that I know I haven't read. How do I fix this?

Let's message NBP and see what she can do to help - I'm technologically handicapped LOL!

wantagirly23
July 20th, 2012, 01:51 AM
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack........with more questions:) Are you sick of me yet? LOL. If you have answered these before (which i'm sure you prob have) please let me know which thread I can find it in!

I went to the grocery store to stock up on supplements for my girl sway.Below is the list. How much (dosage wise) should I be taking daily of each supplement as part of my girl sway? If there is anything on the list I should drop please feel free to let me know! Also if there isn't anything on here that you think is like an absolute must for the sway please let me know!!! :) :)

1) Calcium (planning on taking 1200mg-1800mg)

2) Magnesium (planning on 150mg a day)

3) B6 (taking this to lengthen lp...have no idea how much to take though! Also when do I take it? AF-0? After 0? Everyday until I get a bfp?)

3) Folic Acid (how much should I take daily?)

4) Baby Aspirin (I see this in a lot of girls' sways. Why exactly does it sway and would you suggest taking this for swaying? If yes how much should I take and when should it be taken during the cycle?)

5) Random question! If you were to hypothetically get a bfp on lets say 9 dpo then would that mean that your luteal phase was 9 days long that cycle? I guess my question is how would you know what your lp was the cycle you get pregnant? My lp is short but since I got an early bfp with my son (I think 8 or 9 dpo) I am guessing I implanted really early that cycle and my lp would have been short. So maybe having a short lp doesn't affect getting pregnant in some women? Just a thought :confused:: Been wondering!

atomic sagebrush
July 20th, 2012, 12:13 PM
If you're taking the Cal-mag, I would not take any more than 1200 mg calcium. 150 mag is fine but if you find you're getting diarrhea, it's probably the mag and you may need less.

B6 - start with 50 mg and take throughout the entire cycle non-stop. Once you get a BFP, you need to wean off SLOWLY, over 2-3 weeks, don't just stop suddenly. If you have morning sickness you can take it through the first trimester and then gradually wean off (it did nothing for me, though.)

Folic - 1200-1600 mcg a day, broken into 3-4 small doses and spaced throughout the day.

Everything you ever wanted to know about baby aspirin and more is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/7086-how-lower-ph-via-supps-cran-baby-aspirin-aspartame-other-techniques.html

No, getting BFP on any DPO tells you nothing about your LP for that cycle. You don't know and can never know what your LP would ahve been on a cycle you conceived. It is totally possible to get pg with a shorter than normal LP! Once the baby implants, it sends a signal to your body to make extra progesterone that then sustains your uterine lining and prevents AF from coming.

wantagirly23
July 20th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Thanks so much Atomic for answering!! I am so HAPPY that I found this site and that you are here to answer these questions:) I am excited to start my supplements now. I read your thread on baby aspirin. Sounds daunting now so I don't think I am going to take it haha. I think the dietary changes, sudafed, and rephresh around O should hopefully be enough to change my environment down there but not prevent me from getting prego. You mentioned that the B6 did not work for you....do you mean in terms of swaying or in terms of lengthening your lp? I still plan on seeing my doc next week about my short lp...I am hoping he gives me progesterone pills or something and doesn't disregard my concerns.

atomic sagebrush
July 21st, 2012, 11:52 AM
Are YOU taking Sudafed? Reread that thread again because there is info about Sudafed you should be aware of. I'd much rather see you take antihistamine instead, Sudafed is jsut not safe enough for my liking.

B6 did not work for me for swaying OR for preventing morning sickness. I got a boy and was sick as a dog. I never had a short LP BUT I did get pregnant with the first egg while BF so it may have helped there, but I'm not sure.

atomic sagebrush
July 21st, 2012, 11:54 AM
I'd much rather you got progesterone support, I haven't seen enough success with the B6 on lengthening LP.

wantagirly23
July 22nd, 2012, 06:04 PM
That is my goal too! Can't wait for my doc appt and hopefully he will give me that:)

candice
July 24th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Hi everyone...I wanted to sart vitex also but m/c on June 30. We've bd a few times here and there since and don't know if I've ovulated. My opk was real light when I did test. I want to start vitex but now wondering the what-if I'm already pregnant...I also heard to take it like stating day 3 of AF? I also heard not to take it during AF. Confusing. I wanted to start it now to bring on AF. Does that work? Any advice? It took 2 years to become pregnant without focusing real hard on it and now that I had the m/c I'm really wanting it to happen and not wait 2 years again. I want to take 3 twice a day right? That will give me a chance of a single or twins? Right? Help...

atomic sagebrush
July 24th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Hi candice, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Vitex does seem to work to bring back your cycle. The best way to do this is go back and look at what your cycles were BEFORE you got pg with your last baby, and use those dates. Most people tend to resume AF and O about the same times of the month that they were having them before. So if your AF was on the 15th of the month and you O on the 1st usually, take vitex starting on the 15th, and stop it on the day before you typically O. (this is just an example and you need to use your own dates!!)

Vitex is safe to take during AF and we all start it CD 1. You should stop it a day before O because it's been delaying O for some people. Since you want to be prepared in case you O unexpectely, take OPK and if you get a positive, stop the vitex, even if it's not the same date that you were expecting to get a pos OPK. Dosage on vitex is 800 mg a day, you can take 400 am and pm or take them all at once, whichever you prefer. Some data indicates vitex may increase odds of twinning but most of us have gotten singletons while taking it so if it's true, it's not by much.

Definitely take a pregnancy test before you start taking the vitex!!

candice
July 25th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Thank you. All the websites are confusing. I appreciate you and you have a wonderful group of ladies here who all deserve a lil sticky bean. lol This website is wonderful.

wantagirly23
August 1st, 2012, 01:40 PM
Ok so i went to my doc's appt and I got good news.......he is going to prescribe me clomid! He tested me and did an ultrasound and he said that I am ovulating on my own every month but unfortunately I am just a REALLY late O'er and he doesn't know why. According to my ultrasound and blood work ...he has ruled me out for PCOS. I am just an irregular cycle girl I guess which isn't a problem except that I don't have as many chances during the year to get pregnant compared to regular cycle girls. I asked him if ovulating really late meant poor egg quality and he said no...that was a myth. He said the only "problem" he had with it is that more than likely ovulating really late is causing my lp to be crappy. So he prescribed me clomid to induce O earlier and some progesterone supps to lengthen lp for the next cycle. I am happy because I saw all your info/threads about how clomid is awesome for ttc pink. I saw that it is important to get pregnant right away. I am scared! I was so comfortable with my original plan to do diet + abstinence. It just really scares me for some reason to do frequent! My husband is young (26) and I feel like this is just going to majorly boost those speedy boy sperm! DS was conceived with us dtd all the time....was looking forward to trying to do the opposite this time:( So there really is no way to do abstinence with clomid? Also I am DYING here on this diet. If I am doing clomid now can I majorly ease up on the diet? In your opinion is clomid better than any other sway tactics I could do on my own? I am thinking about passing up on his offer for clomid and just sticking to my original plan:?

atomic sagebrush
August 1st, 2012, 02:07 PM
That's great news wantagirly! Clomid + no PCOS = good shot at pink even if you do nothing else to sway. I would take Clomid in a HEARTBEAT over any other sway tactics.

It's best to get pg quickly on Clomid BUT if you want to give it 1 month with abstinence and 1 attempt, that's ok. 2 at the very, very, very most. After that if you don't get pg, the abstain MUST go.

I really don't think frequency sways much at all, I know it's hard to give up on though.

I personally would advise you to continue on diet even if you're on Clomid. Diet is the one thing you CAN do while you're on Clomid, so I hate to see anyone drop it.

wantagirly23
August 16th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Well I was all set to start my clomid cycle for next month....then I realized that my doc had never given me my AMH results. I got the results back for a couple of other things that he tested me for and they all came back normal. I e-mailed my doc's office about my AMH results and he e-mailed me back saying they were 1.38. He didn't tell me the value though whether this was ng/ml or something else. So I looked on google and apparently 1.38 is really bad and I see women on there saying that they are considered infertile and are having to do ivf to get a baby. How can this be when I am only 26 and just had a baby? So I e-mailed the doc back and asked if 1.38 was low and if I should be concerned. He replied "Yes, 1.38 is low for your age (26). The mean AMH for infertile women your age is 4". That was the entire e-mail. Literally didn't say anything else. So then e-mailed him back again and said, "So what does this mean? What do I do?". He then replied "If you have additional questions then please schedule an appt". I am SO frustrated, stressed, and distraught. I am finding conflicting information online. Some say anyhting above 1 in "normal" and others say it is bad. I can't believe my doctor is so rude that he can't take 2 seconds to explain to me what this all means. Is he still going to give me clomid? If I ovualte every month then how does AMH matter? Am I infertile now? Was my son a miracle baby or something? I have SO many questions! Am I being punished for placing so much importance on ttc a girl when it now looks like I will just be lucky to have another baby at all? Sorry for the rant and I know this question isn't exactly gender related but any information about AMH would be much appreciative. Because this doctor has been so unresponsive I called the office and demanded to have an appt with someone else on Monday to get answers...also I am still unclear about whether or not they are letting me do clomid. However now I have to go into the weekend worrying about this stupid AMH thing!

nuthinbutpink
August 16th, 2012, 10:28 PM
If you are in the USA, your AMH is just fine. You have to know what scale the measurement is based. .75 is the minimum most RE's like to see and anything above that is okay. Here in the States, we use this scale- AMH Fertility Test, Anti-Mullerian Hormone (http://www.advancedfertility.com/amh-fertility-test.htm)

and over 1.0 is NORMAL. So, I think at 26 with a normal AMH, you are not infertile.

In the HT section, we have our AMH checked and I can tell you from all the fertile girls on there, it is all over the place. It is very common to see an AMH around .7-1.something. Over 3 indicated possible PCOS so it is a very small range. I can also tell you is varies although your RE will probably say it doesn't. I had mine retested and it went from .75 to 1.25 so it can absolutely change.

Have you been TTC long?

wantagirly23
August 17th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Hi there! Yes I am in the United States! California to be exact. Thank you so much for responding! This is going to sound dumb but I haven't even tried yet. We were going to have our first try be next month (we are swaying for a girl). I have an 8 month old son already who was conceived spontaneously. I have been tracking my cycles for 6 months now in preparation for the sway and ttc baby#2. I notice that I ovulate late and that I have sort of a short luteal phase (10 days) and so that is why I went to the doc. He looked at my ovaries via ultrasound and said everything looked normal and even confirmed that I did in fact ovulate recently. He decided to also go ahead and run some blood work ...one of those things was AMH and that is when he e-mailed me saying it was 1.38 and that it was low for my age. I have seen scales that say above 1 is normal like you have mentioned but then how come he said it is bad? Does AMH matter if I am ovulating every month? Doesn't it just mean I have less eggs? I see in your signature that you did IVF...is that because you had low AMH? I have had a baby naturally before so its hard for me to think that I will need ivf to have baby #2. Were you given clomid first? Sorry for all the questions!

atomic sagebrush
August 17th, 2012, 08:52 AM
nuthinbutpink already answered your question but I just wanted to reiterate, PLEASE don't worry too much about your AMH number at 26 years old. AMH is one of the newest tests out there and even the experts aren't really sure what it means - they used to swear that AMH couldn't change and yet we've seen several people whose AMH numbers have gone up, so we know that's simply not the case. It is a bit low for your age but then again like NBP mentions, there is more than one way to measure and there is a lot of confusion even amongst experts - people are told one thing by one doctor, then another thing by another doctor.

Another thing to keep in mind is that to TTC naturally, you only NEED one egg to show up every month. AMH is a lot more important for those who are going HT because they are trying to coax their ovaries to produce as many eggs as is possible - swayers only need that one egg each month and you can def. produce a normal amount of eggs for many years to come, even with less than ideal AMH. The Clomid may very well help with that, but he should also take a look at your FSH numbers (and may have already) because Clomid can sometimes aggravate high FSH numbers. At 26, you should be fine to do Clomid and I suspect your FSH is probably great.

You are NOT being punished for wanting a baby of a certain gender - if so none of us would have our babies!!! :heart:

atomic sagebrush
August 17th, 2012, 08:54 AM
If you are in the USA, your AMH is just fine. You have to know what scale the measurement is based. .75 is the minimum most RE's like to see and anything above that is okay. Here in the States, we use this scale- AMH Fertility Test, Anti-Mullerian Hormone (http://www.advancedfertility.com/amh-fertility-test.htm)

and over 1.0 is NORMAL. So, I think at 26 with a normal AMH, you are not infertile.

In the HT section, we have our AMH checked and I can tell you from all the fertile girls on there, it is all over the place. It is very common to see an AMH around .7-1.something. Over 3 indicated possible PCOS so it is a very small range. I can also tell you is varies although your RE will probably say it doesn't. I had mine retested and it went from .75 to 1.25 so it can absolutely change.

Have you been TTC long?

I just had a client who had AMH lower than one conceive a baby girl at the age of 38 after being told there was no hope! All she did differently was LE Diet and acupuncture!!

atomic sagebrush
August 17th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Hi there! Yes I am in the United States! California to be exact. Thank you so much for responding! This is going to sound dumb but I haven't even tried yet. We were going to have our first try be next month (we are swaying for a girl). I have an 8 month old son already who was conceived spontaneously. I have been tracking my cycles for 6 months now in preparation for the sway and ttc baby#2. I notice that I ovulate late and that I have sort of a short luteal phase (10 days) and so that is why I went to the doc. He looked at my ovaries via ultrasound and said everything looked normal and even confirmed that I did in fact ovulate recently. He decided to also go ahead and run some blood work ...one of those things was AMH and that is when he e-mailed me saying it was 1.38 and that it was low for my age. I have seen scales that say above 1 is normal like you have mentioned but then how come he said it is bad? Does AMH matter if I am ovulating every month? Doesn't it just mean I have less eggs? I see in your signature that you did IVF...is that because you had low AMH? I have had a baby naturally before so its hard for me to think that I will need ivf to have baby #2. Were you given clomid first? Sorry for all the questions!

Yes, all it really means is that you ~MAY~ have less eggs in reserve than the average 26 year old. I really really hope you can not worry too much over this. I do not think you are infertile in any way (of course, your son is a miracle baby, they all are! :))

Your doctor really did not say that your AMH was "bad", he said that it was below the mean. The mean is like the average of all 26 year olds, so some people are lower and others higher and you're just a little below the average person. It doesn't imply that you're infertile or going into menopause or anything of the sort. People get pg every day with low AMH, even women in their 40's who typically have a lot worse prospects than you do!

wantagirly23
August 18th, 2012, 01:34 AM
THANK you both so much for the kind words and reassurance! I have a doc appt Monday with a diff doctor in the practice to find out more info and to see if we are still proceeding with our original plan to do Clomid. I hope they still let me:)

atomic sagebrush
August 18th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Keep us updated! Good luck.

wantagirly23
August 20th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Hey ladies. So I just came from the worst docs appt ever. Went there to discuss the low AMH issue. As you may recall it was 1.38.She said that I have the ovarian reserve of a 39 year old and that I probably did get lucky conceiving my son no problem. I asked her if this just meant I had less eggs or if it effected quality as well and she believed both...although I have read online that Amh says nothing about egg quality. She stated that there is no way to know for sure that quality is effected but its an indicator that it is. Anyways long story short she thinks we should get cracking on having another baby and not waste anymore time. She wants me to try a couple more cycles on our own since I am ovulating on my own supposively....and then if that doesn't work she said she will do a monitored Clomid cycle. So the problem is that I was planning on having our first attempt be in Sept but now with this new info....sounds like we shouldn't' be wasting any cycles. I am due to ovulate in 10 days and my Dh and I have decided to try this cycle. I have not been doing the girl diet really at all. In fact I had a burger 2 nights ago and last night had pasta! The most salty things ever! This is because I wasn't' planning on really starting the diet until another week or so. I thought our first attempt was 4-6 weeks away! The good thing I guess is that I have been taking magnesium and calcium supplements the past month and making an effort to drink more milk, diet soda, and crystal lite. DH and I had sex 2 nights ago and that was the last time. So if I ovulate in 10 days that will put us at 12 days abstinence if we still try to sway girl. Any suggestions on what else/more I can do on such short notice? Should I just forget the whole swaying thing in light of this information? Any advice would be much appreciated. I still can't believe that at 26 years old with all other blood tests normal that this is happening to me. FSH, estrogen, etc all normal. Progesterone was a 12 last cycle after ovulation which wss good too. She said that if I really wanted to they would retest me for amh and I said yes so they are going to test that again just to double check...but she is pretty sure it was accurate:(

atomic sagebrush
August 21st, 2012, 01:08 PM
Do not worry one bit about the burger, pasta, or sodium.

I personally think your doc is being a little bit alarmist esp. if your FSH is good.

For the most part I don't think people on Clomid should do much swaying aside from diet but if you really want to try abstain for the first month, that's ok, it's just that if you don't get pg it should be dropped.

Here are two threads you should read, one is the general Clomid info thread and the other is how to adjust your sway while on Clomid.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/1191-clomid.html
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/7997-swaying-clomid-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-2-a.html

wantagirly23
August 23rd, 2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks Atomic! This ovulation/attempt coming up next week will not be with clomid (doc wants us to try on our own a couple more months) but if/when she puts me on clomid I will def keep all this information in mind. Thank you so much for the link to the clomid swaying article!

luppa
August 30th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Hi there,

I'm new to this site but in the beginning of swaying for a pink result. I'm concidering to sign up for a personal plan but I live in sweden so I wonder how hard it'll be for me to translate your plan with supplement and stuff, do you have any idea? ...I just had a late misscarriage so I'm now waiting for the body to be back at normal cycle, is it ok to start swaying then?

Also I'm wondering a bit about exercising... I love it and do it often, both bodypump and spinning - do I need to give this up for a while?

...sorry if this is a lot of questions in one, and also excuse my sometimes bad english... ;)

atomic sagebrush
September 1st, 2012, 01:21 PM
Oh, no not at all. I've done many plans for members from a variety of countries and haven't had much difficulty with the language barrier. I actually have a couple friends who are from Sweden who can help me translate if we really run into a problem.

It's fine to start swaying the cycle after a miscarriage and it may even sway pink to do so. (I'm sorry to hear of your loss!!)

It's fine to continue exercising, but it's best to do a lot of exercise (60 minutes a day, 6-7 days a week) to be sure you're shrinking your muscles rather than building them up. I would focus more on the spinning. Here is an essay that may help: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/1411-exercise-enigma-both-genders.html

luppa
September 2nd, 2012, 06:20 AM
Oh thank's for your reply!

...then I'm not far away from ordering... :)

Butterfly Spirit
September 2nd, 2012, 06:32 AM
Hi there,

I'm new to this site but in the beginning of swaying for a pink result. I'm concidering to sign up for a personal plan but I live in sweden so I wonder how hard it'll be for me to translate your plan with supplement and stuff, do you have any idea? ...I just had a late misscarriage so I'm now waiting for the body to be back at normal cycle, is it ok to start swaying then?

Also I'm wondering a bit about exercising... I love it and do it often, both bodypump and spinning - do I need to give this up for a while?

...sorry if this is a lot of questions in one, and also excuse my sometimes bad english... ;)

Hello Luppa,
I am so sorry about your miscarriage. :sadflwr:

I had one in April-May, and I just wanted to double recommend that you don't wait to sway! It is an automatic girl sway right after a loss.
I started Vitex to bring back AF and Red Raspberry Leave capsules to heal and strengthen my uterine lining. I was able to ovulate 2 weeks after my M/C and I did conceive from it. I found out I am having a girl, so something worked ;)
Best of luck in your sway! Atomic is awesome!

JaneFromGateshead
September 2nd, 2012, 01:57 PM
boy or girl??? (12 weeks 2 days)

luppa
September 2nd, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hello Luppa,
I am so sorry about your miscarriage. :sadflwr:

I had one in April-May, and I just wanted to double recommend that you don't wait to sway! It is an automatic girl sway right after a loss.
I started Vitex to bring back AF and Red Raspberry Leave capsules to heal and strengthen my uterine lining. I was able to ovulate 2 weeks after my M/C and I did conceive from it. I found out I am having a girl, so something worked ;)
Best of luck in your sway! Atomic is awesome!

I hear you, BUT I haven't done anything to sway yet and as feeling sorry for myself I've eaten ALOT of candy and fat food lately. My plan is to start with girl diet and exercise now and go for it in about 6weeks although I've heard that M/C sways pink, I really want my body to be back on track before we try again..

atomic sagebrush
September 4th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I hear you, BUT I haven't done anything to sway yet and as feeling sorry for myself I've eaten ALOT of candy and fat food lately. My plan is to start with girl diet and exercise now and go for it in about 6weeks although I've heard that M/C sways pink, I really want my body to be back on track before we try again..

Candy can help sway pink and will keep you from losing too much weight! I understand that you're not ready to try yet, but I did want to let you know that candy is ok.

Lolly55
October 1st, 2012, 11:24 PM
Hi Atomic,

I would like to buy a personalised plan but I need to confirm timing first. I am trying to decide when to start trying.

I wondered if you have any views on how important timing your sway is? I want to give this sway a lot as my DH isn't on board (he won't take supps etc but may make small adjustments) so feel it is on me and I need to have everything aligned.

I am in Australia and was planning on a Feb/March conception but now I am wondering whether to put it off until the girl months of Sept-Nov 2013, although may not have the patience!

Thanks,
Lolly.

atomic sagebrush
October 2nd, 2012, 11:22 AM
Hi Lolly! I think you asked me this a couple days ago then I couldn't find the post again. Sorry.

I don't think it's very important at all, there may be a tiny statistical advantage in working with the seasons rather than against them. There's a full explanation here. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/1693-seasons-swaying.html

Lolly55
October 2nd, 2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks Atomic! That's great to know.

wannagirl21
October 9th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Hey ladies where do I find Vitex ?

unsure!
October 10th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Hi, how do i put a ticker on and also how to put on how many and what children I have? Thanks

Mum23boys
October 10th, 2012, 08:36 AM
unsure you need to go to settings at the top then down the left hand side edit signature there you can add details in using the smileys and writing hat you want or you can insert the link to a ticker from any ticker making website.

wantagirly23
October 10th, 2012, 10:54 AM
We just got my DH's SA back and his count is high but motility is really poor. We are preparing to do an iui in a couple of months. He already takes a "Men's One a Day" multi-vitamin. Is there anything else I can be having him take? We weren't expecting this. He is only 27 and we already have a son. We haven't seen the doc yet but his results were posted last night:(

atomic sagebrush
October 11th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Hey ladies where do I find Vitex ?

Any herb/supplement shop will have it or you can order online - it's one of the more common sups and easy to find.

atomic sagebrush
October 11th, 2012, 10:18 AM
We just got my DH's SA back and his count is high but motility is really poor. We are preparing to do an iui in a couple of months. He already takes a "Men's One a Day" multi-vitamin. Is there anything else I can be having him take? We weren't expecting this. He is only 27 and we already have a son. We haven't seen the doc yet but his results were posted last night:(

Yes, you can have him take l-arginine 500 mg(if he has herpes or cold sores he shouldn't take this), l-carnitine 1000 mg (don't use d-carnitine) 100 mg coq10, extra folic acid (1200-1600 mcg a day), 1000 mg fish oil, and 1000 IU Vit. D. Having him eat/drink 9-11 servings of fruit and vegetables will also help. He should avoid soy foods, smoking, industrial chemicals and pesticides and get a lot of sleep. He should NOT take megadoses of vitamins or minerals, regardless of where you read about them. Have him wear boxers and keep his jewels cool. Please note, these things tend to sway blue, but since you're doing IUI you will be avoiding the whole "race to the egg" and that's where swaying probably makes the difference anyway.

wannagirl21
October 15th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Thx Atomic for your response. Also do I only take the vitex 6 weeks priar to my attempt? Also I have two boy's I conceived ds1 on O and ds2 O-1 so I
m swaying for girl come April and I was thinking abstaining for 12 days with LR and do one attempts at + opk with the LE diet almost two months priar. Does that sound like a good plan or would you do anything different Atomic?

atomic sagebrush
October 18th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Take vitex AF-1-2 days before O (or if you have super long cycles just take it the first 14 days then stop).

I would not have DH abstain for 12 days while on LR. 7 days is plenty. Good luck!

Atsaukina1
October 18th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I posted on "review sway plan" but just seeing this thread
this is my question about le diet here-

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/review-my-swaying-plan/14707-atomicmeal-questions.html

wannagirl21
October 18th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Take vitex AF-1-2 days before O (or if you have super long cycles just take it the first 14 days then stop).

I would not have DH abstain for 12 days while on LR. 7 days is plenty. Good luck!

Oh my goodness Atomic you read my mind, I was just thinking that the other day that 7 days of abstain would be plenty I guess i just needed to hear it to have assurance first. Also when does DH start taking LR? and sorry if someone has asked this but i have read so much info off GD and IG about the LE diet and what you can and can not eat, could you give me a couple brief meal ideas or things I can eat as I'm kind of confused and don't want to eat something that is boy friendly. Also what exactly does Vitex do? increase fertility or what way does it sway pink? I also read Atomic in one of your post's that you conceived twins on Vitex and Yikes that makes me a little neervous what is the odds of actually conceiveing twins on vitex?

atomic sagebrush
October 19th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Why are they giving out info on IG about the LE Diet? I need to look into that I guess - thanks for letting me know because there have been a lot of people lately with some weird ideas about LE that I didn't know where it was coming from!!

There is a lot of meal ideas and stuff in the Dream Members section and also in the regular TTC a girl section Trying to Conceive a Girl (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/) - if you start a thread in there, people will chime in with a ton of ideas for you. This section is technically for questions on the Custom Sways (it's fine that you asked in here, I don't mind, but it's just that not a lot of people read it and you will get way more response in the regular TTC girl forum)

vitex is here:
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/1094-vitex-faq-share-your-experiences-here.html

Don't worry about vitex and twinning, it's pretty unusual. We;ve only had one set of non-Clomid twins and they were identical (so could not have been caused by vitex). And most everyone was taking Vitex. So it can't be causing much twinning at all.

I had a strong family history of twins and I was 38 1/2 years old which also makes you more likely to conceive twins.

wannagirl21
October 19th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Okay great all that info makes feel alot better =) Also I have read about douching and have read what you think about it I just have a question about vinegar and water douches. And why I ask is cuz my mom is the youngest of 7 kids 6 girls and one boy, and my mom told me her mom was a frequent doucher with vinegar and water douches also her husband drank alot so I was thinking the douching and the low sperm count was her problem and didn't even realize it. I was wondering if you think it would be okay to douche and hour or two before my attempt or what your thougfhts are about that?? Thx so much for all your help.

Atomic I also read the article about Vitex so I plane on ttc in the month of April of next year so should I take Vitex the months of Nov, Dec, Jan, and stop it in the being to middle of march about a month priar to my attempt or what do you thin about it??

Atsaukina1
October 20th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Just checked dh ph and was a 9!! I know you don't put a lot into ph but this has me worried. I wasn't expecting it to be high just testing for fun. So now I would like to get it down. We only have 2-3 weeks until attempt. Does CL work for men also? Would it work in that time frame? Also we have zyrtec for his allergies would that work like sudafed?? Thanks for any tips:)

atomic sagebrush
October 20th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Okay great all that info makes feel alot better =) Also I have read about douching and have read what you think about it I just have a question about vinegar and water douches. And why I ask is cuz my mom is the youngest of 7 kids 6 girls and one boy, and my mom told me her mom was a frequent doucher with vinegar and water douches also her husband drank alot so I was thinking the douching and the low sperm count was her problem and didn't even realize it. I was wondering if you think it would be okay to douche and hour or two before my attempt or what your thougfhts are about that?? Thx so much for all your help.

Atomic I also read the article about Vitex so I plane on ttc in the month of April of next year so should I take Vitex the months of Nov, Dec, Jan, and stop it in the being to middle of march about a month priar to my attempt or what do you thin about it??

Douching can sway pink but I think RepHresh + antihistamine is safer and more reliable.

Why would you stop vitex a month prior to your attempt?? I'm confused. Are you doing Clomid?

atomic sagebrush
October 20th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Just checked dh ph and was a 9!! I know you don't put a lot into ph but this has me worried. I wasn't expecting it to be high just testing for fun. So now I would like to get it down. We only have 2-3 weeks until attempt. Does CL work for men also? Would it work in that time frame? Also we have zyrtec for his allergies would that work like sudafed?? Thanks for any tips:)

CL can help for guys. I don't know if Zyrtec lowers pH or not (people did test Sudafed but no one has tested Zyrtec; if you do test it, update me if you have half a sec!) but I still believe it sways pink when taken by DH.

If your DH's pH is that high, he may have an infection in his bits that needs treatment so if it stays high he needs to see a doctor just to make sure.

Atsaukina1
October 20th, 2012, 02:53 PM
wow I am def. going to test again after looking up some things that could cause that high of pf. He hasn't complained of any type of symptoms. thanks.

atomic sagebrush
October 20th, 2012, 04:36 PM
They can be asymptomatic.

Atsaukina1
October 20th, 2012, 05:30 PM
ok well we tested it again this time w/o bd and looking at it as soon as it changed he was a solid 8. So we just put it on there and then look at it right away,correct? The 1st time we didn't do that and this time after about 10 min.. it did turn to a 9 also but the initial color was an 8. We are trying out the zyrtec tonight and then will see how cl lowers in about a week.

wannagirl21
October 20th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Douching can sway pink but I think RepHresh + antihistamine is safer and more reliable.

Why would you stop vitex a month prior to your attempt?? I'm confused. Are you doing Clomid?

Ok so how do you suggest I use Reprhesh? and how long priar to my attempt? The only reason I was gonna stop taking Vitex it was cuz I read your essay on Vitex and you said a lady took it for a while and then quit it the month priar to her attempt and conceived a girl. Either way what do you suggest when I start Vitex? And no I'm not doing Clomid, but what do you think is best and sway's better I'm open to your honest opinions.? Also about supplements do you really recommend taking calcium/magnesium for DW and I was gonna do Cranberry and LR for DH, do you suggest anything different? Sorry so many questions as I read info I ask new questions and on that note I read an essay on the seasons and I live in Colorado and was planning my attempt in April is that a good month? also I read it's a neautral month and so what does that mean or sway??

Sorry so much I just want to get a really good sway plan down cuz the month I try to sway i want to stay off this sight because the more I read or get new info and If I didn't do it I just know I'm gonna stress so I don't want my T- levels to shoot up but depending if I conceive or not is when I will get back on here, if I conceive first month and can do updates just during the whole month and priar to the days of my attempt I just don't want anymore info to stress me out. lol.. does that make since.

Atsaukina1
October 21st, 2012, 03:55 PM
answered in another thread-

Atsaukina1
October 22nd, 2012, 03:47 PM
any way to change my name on here??? I was not thinking and was just talking to dh about jinxing myself. I have 3 boys and am swaying girl lol. Thanks

atomic sagebrush
October 24th, 2012, 12:21 PM
ok well we tested it again this time w/o bd and looking at it as soon as it changed he was a solid 8. So we just put it on there and then look at it right away,correct? The 1st time we didn't do that and this time after about 10 min.. it did turn to a 9 also but the initial color was an 8. We are trying out the zyrtec tonight and then will see how cl lowers in about a week.

pH 8 is perfectly fine and normal.

atomic sagebrush
October 24th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Ok so how do you suggest I use Reprhesh? and how long priar to my attempt? The only reason I was gonna stop taking Vitex it was cuz I read your essay on Vitex and you said a lady took it for a while and then quit it the month priar to her attempt and conceived a girl. Either way what do you suggest when I start Vitex? And no I'm not doing Clomid, but what do you think is best and sway's better I'm open to your honest opinions.? Also about supplements do you really recommend taking calcium/magnesium for DW and I was gonna do Cranberry and LR for DH, do you suggest anything different? Sorry so many questions as I read info I ask new questions and on that note I read an essay on the seasons and I live in Colorado and was planning my attempt in April is that a good month? also I read it's a neautral month and so what does that mean or sway??

Sorry so much I just want to get a really good sway plan down cuz the month I try to sway i want to stay off this sight because the more I read or get new info and If I didn't do it I just know I'm gonna stress so I don't want my T- levels to shoot up but depending if I conceive or not is when I will get back on here, if I conceive first month and can do updates just during the whole month and priar to the days of my attempt I just don't want anymore info to stress me out. lol.. does that make since.

The lady I am talking about in my essay took it every day for 8 months without ever stopping and was not getting pg. She stopped it and then TTC THE SAME MONTH - it wasn't a month later, it was like CD 1 and then she conceived her daughter at O of that month.

I personally think Clomid is the best sway if you can get it legitimately (not online).

No, I do not recommend cal-mag for pink. Cran and LR for DH are fine :agree:

Yes, April is a good month for pink in the Northern Hemisphere. I don't know where you read it was a neutral month, that was probably not on this site.

RepHresh is every 3 days starting after AF and stopping 8-12 hours before your first attempt, up to 24 hours before if you are in a hurry to get pg or aren't conceiving with the 8-12 hours approach.

wannagirl21
October 24th, 2012, 01:27 PM
The lady I am talking about in my essay took it every day for 8 months without ever stopping and was not getting pg. She stopped it and then TTC THE SAME MONTH - it wasn't a month later, it was like CD 1 and then she conceived her daughter at O of that month.

I personally think Clomid is the best sway if you can get it legitimately (not online).

No, I do not recommend cal-mag for pink. Cran and LR for DH are fine :agree:

Yes, April is a good month for pink in the Northern Hemisphere. I don't know where you read it was a neutral month, that was probably not on this site.

RepHresh is every 3 days starting after AF and stopping 8-12 hours before your first attempt, up to 24 hours before if you are in a hurry to get pg or aren't conceiving with the 8-12 hours approach.

Okay I will do clomid then, and so then when do you suggest I start taking Clomid and also where do I find it? Also is it simialiar to Vitex? or does it work in a different way as far as Progesterone? and how much do I take ?
Do you see more girl results on clomis then vitex?

I was wondering what you thought about Motts applesauce, I get the no sugar added and it has no sodium in it the only thing it has is 85mg of potassium and not sure if thats okay or not? Also after my attempt do I do anything as far as any more rephresh or anything? just cause I will try my attempt at a possitive opk and then do our attempt that night. Thanks so much for your help I am righting my plan down so I have a strong plan and I don't panic when it gets closer to my attempt.

Ok just read on a thread about Clomid how it sway's alot on it's own so I should probably drop the Rephresh and don't take Zyrtec. So now for my sway do I just take my supps and clomid and do LE diet.? and no Vitex? sorry lol I keep finding out stuff as I go.

atomic sagebrush
October 25th, 2012, 10:23 AM
any way to change my name on here??? I was not thinking and was just talking to dh about jinxing myself. I have 3 boys and am swaying girl lol. Thanks

Looks like you figured it out??

CherryBlossom
October 25th, 2012, 11:29 AM
For ttc a girl.

- is taking at johns wart ok? Or too many good herbs in it? I gain weight very easily with other depression meds.

- is there any research on Lydia Pinkham I think it's called?

atomic sagebrush
October 25th, 2012, 12:36 PM
St john's wort is not safe when TTC

I also do not like Lydia Pinkham, we get better results just with the v and SP and there is some stuff in the Lydia that is not good for you.

Atsaukina1
October 25th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Looks like you figured it out??

yes someone helped me out:)

atomic sagebrush
October 26th, 2012, 09:45 AM
that's good, because I don"t know how!!:)

wannagirl21
October 26th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Ok just read on a thread about Clomid how it sway's alot on it's own so I should probably drop the Rephresh and don't take Zyrtec. So now for my sway do I just take my supps and clomid and do LE diet.? and no Vitex? sorry lol I keep finding out stuff as I go. Need some help .....

atomic sagebrush
October 26th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Yes, I have to answer the older posts before I get to this one, sorry. I answered a couple shorter q's in this thread only becasue they were fast.

wannagirl21
October 26th, 2012, 11:19 PM
okay one of mine was an older post it was just longer lol I understand.

atomic sagebrush
October 29th, 2012, 01:26 PM

Yes, if I only have a few minutes then I can do short ones.

Rosie85
October 29th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Sooo the more fertile you are and the easier you fall pregnant...does that mean you are more likely to carry boys? Not sure if this has been asked recently??

wannagirl21
October 29th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Yes, if I only have a few minutes then I can do short ones.

All I want to know is when you recommend to start clomid? and I was gonna abstain but saw you said not to do that and I was wondering why you can't abstain on clomid. I am 25 and hubby is 27.?

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Okay I will do clomid then, and so then when do you suggest I start taking Clomid and also where do I find it? Also is it simialiar to Vitex? or does it work in a different way as far as Progesterone? and how much do I take ?
Do you see more girl results on clomis then vitex?

I was wondering what you thought about Motts applesauce, I get the no sugar added and it has no sodium in it the only thing it has is 85mg of potassium and not sure if thats okay or not? Also after my attempt do I do anything as far as any more rephresh or anything? just cause I will try my attempt at a possitive opk and then do our attempt that night. Thanks so much for your help I am righting my plan down so I have a strong plan and I don't panic when it gets closer to my attempt.

Ok just read on a thread about Clomid how it sway's alot on it's own so I should probably drop the Rephresh and don't take Zyrtec. So now for my sway do I just take my supps and clomid and do LE diet.? and no Vitex? sorry lol I keep finding out stuff as I go.

Whoa sorry i thought I answered this but I must not have hit "reply". Thanks for your patience.

this question is a little bit confusing to me but you will find most answers in these two threads http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/1191-clomid.html

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/7997-swaying-clomid-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-2-a.html

It is not similar to vitex at all. Yes, we have so far seen higher % of girls with Clomid than vitex.

I don't understand what you're asking about progesterone.

Applesauce is fine and 100% allowed on the LE Diet but forbidden on Ingender and French Diets. You need 2500-3500 mg of potassium anyway.

If you want to you can take vitex and Saw palmetto for a full month-6 weeks before starting clomid, but don't take them together.

RepHresh info is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/1066-complete-guide-replens-rephresh.html don't use anything after intercourse, we've found it cuts down odds of conception almost to zero.

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2012, 10:17 AM
All I want to know is when you recommend to start clomid? and I was gonna abstain but saw you said not to do that and I was wondering why you can't abstain on clomid. I am 25 and hubby is 27.?

If you read the links I just posted, it's going to answer a lot of your questions. The reason to not abstain on Clomid is because you can only be on Clomid for 6 months tops, and abstain can cut down your odds of conception quite a bit (as can Clomid itself). If you really want to, you can try abstain for the first month or two while on Clomid but if you don't get pg, you need to drop it and just DTD to get pg.

You need to start Clomid the month you're going to try. You do not take Clomid in advance of your sway.

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Sooo the more fertile you are and the easier you fall pregnant...does that mean you are more likely to carry boys? Not sure if this has been asked recently??

That is my theory, yes. It's TOTALLY possible to get pg one month of trying and conceive girls, but the data seems to suggest that hostile, less, CM and lower sperm count/health (so lower fertility for both husband and wife) seem to sway pink.

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2012, 10:22 AM

Also you have to realize I have several other forums to answer and I had older posts in those forums that needed to be answered.

wannagirl21
November 1st, 2012, 12:42 AM
Whoa sorry i thought I answered this but I must not have hit "reply". Thanks for your patience.

this question is a little bit confusing to me but you will find most answers in these two threads http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/1191-clomid.html

It is not similar to vitex at all. Yes, we have so far seen higher % of girls with Clomid than vitex.

I don't understand what you're asking about progesterone.

Applesauce is fine and 100% allowed on the LE Diet but forbidden on Ingender and French Diets. You need 2500-3500 mg of potassium anyway.

If you want to you can take vitex and Saw palmetto for a full month-6 weeks before starting clomid, but don't take them together.

RepHresh info is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/1066-complete-guide-replens-rephresh.html don't use anything after intercourse, we've found it cuts down odds of conception almost to zero.

Okay great, what I meant about progesterone was I read something about having higher progesterone and lower testosterone. So I can take Vitex the month before for that. Also how do women who don't actually need Clomid but get there doctor's to prescribe it to them, I guess I'm just scared I won't be able to get my hands on some.

Also if I do Clomid what type of bding sequence do you suggest I use if I don't abstain? Or FR.?

atomic sagebrush
November 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
We don't know for sure about prog and which way it sways. There's one theory that says prog sways pink but I don't buy it.

If your doctor won't prescribe it for you, there's no legit way to get it.

In one of the links I posted it tells a lot about how to tweak your sway on Clomid.

wannagirl21
November 1st, 2012, 07:45 PM
We don't know for sure about prog and which way it sways. There's one theory that says prog sways pink but I don't buy it.

If your doctor won't prescribe it for you, there's no legit way to get it.

In one of the links I posted it tells a lot about how to tweak your sway on Clomid.

Ok so If I can get my hands on clomid I really don't have to do anything else, I was gonna do diet is that okay if I do a little dieting 6 weeks priar and nothing else? Also I see the key on Clomid is to just get pregnant but my thing is do we dtd alot to get prego or just everyday in my fertile window? thats what I mean by what do you think is the best way to dtd on Clomid for pink swayer's.?

Now my thing is I worry that if I can't get my hands on Clomid which you say is a stronger sway I feel if I have to go back the plan 1 which was the Vitex and really strict diet and all the other sway factor's I will feel like my chances aren't as great as if I was on Clomid. Also back to kind of stressing cuz with a ton of sway factor's involved it's kind of stressful so I would really rather do clomid and do not much at all and not stress. I guess I just need assurance and comfort as I'm nervouse.

Courtney
November 2nd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hello. I just signed up for the personalized Sway program and finished the questionnaires last night. Now that is completed how do access my diet/meal plan etc?

Nachelle
November 2nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hello I had a question. I am currentlly BF about 2-4 times a day and have had 3 miscarriages all together the last was in Sept. People keep teling me i should be taking baby asprin. Ive heard from alot of people that its horrible and Ive heard from aot of people that theres not not much of a risk from a low dose. Do you know anything about this, or what I can take to reduce my chances of miscarrying while BF? Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
November 2nd, 2012, 01:49 PM
I believe strict diet + clomid is the best sway of all.

DTD a lot in the fertile window.

There are opposites with every sway including clomid, so you just have to control what you can and let go of the rest.

atomic sagebrush
November 2nd, 2012, 01:50 PM
Hello. I just signed up for the personalized Sway program and finished the questionnaires last night. Now that is completed how do access my diet/meal plan etc?

I'll have it done in about a week and you'll get a PM with a link to follow.

wannagirl21
November 2nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
I believe strict diet + clomid is the best sway of all.

DTD a lot in the fertile window.

There are opposites with every sway including clomid, so you just have to control what you can and let go of the rest.

Ok so If I absolutley cannot get my hands on Clomid do you think the next best thing would be strict diet , Vitex, abstain 7 days with LR and 1 attempt at +opk?

atomic sagebrush
November 2nd, 2012, 07:32 PM
I'd do both vitex and SP provided you are not breastfeeding

wannagirl21
November 2nd, 2012, 07:43 PM
I'd do both vitex and SP provided you are not breastfeeding

Okay and where do I get SP? and do I start that the same time as Vitex AF-O? and then stop taking both?

Also does AF mean after fertility?

atomic sagebrush
November 3rd, 2012, 09:31 AM
Can you do me a favor and please start asking future q's in the sway forum? This is really meant for questions about the custom sway plans and while I don't mind answering one or two questions off topic, this is really not meant for one person to post all their sway questions in, if that makes any sense.

SP is in herb shops or online and yes, it's taken the same time as vitex. Stop both the day before you expect to O.

AF means Aunt Flo, meaning your period. When you start something AF, that means the first day of your menstrual cycle or CD (cycle day) 1.

atomic sagebrush
November 3rd, 2012, 09:40 AM
Hello I had a question. I am currentlly BF about 2-4 times a day and have had 3 miscarriages all together the last was in Sept. People keep teling me i should be taking baby asprin. Ive heard from alot of people that its horrible and Ive heard from aot of people that theres not not much of a risk from a low dose. Do you know anything about this, or what I can take to reduce my chances of miscarrying while BF? Thanks!

I personally do not think taking aspirin is a good idea at all while BF. It can make your baby more likely to bleed and bruise, plus there is the issue of Reye's Syndrome to consider and while no one knows if aspirin in BM can cause that to happen, it's certainly not worth the risk at all.

Taking baby aspirin ~may~ help a fertilized egg to implant in your uterus and ~may~ help prevent chemicals. It also ~may~ help sway pink. Also, if your losses are due to issues with blood clotting, aspirin may help prevent miscarriages due to blood clotting issues, but the way we take it for swaying is not going to help you with that.

If you are having blood clotting problems that are causing miscarriages, you need to see a doctor and have that properly diagnosed because you will need to stay on the aspirin throughout your pregnancy until 36 weeks. Staying on aspirin is NOT SAFE for the average person without blood clotting problems, so it's something that you can't just take prophylactically, you need to know that you need it.

BF can occasionally contribute to very early miscarriages by making your luteal phase short. But if you're only BF 2-4 times a day, it's probably not the breastfeeding.

The best thing you can do to prevent miscarriages is take 2000 mcg of folic acid. If you experienced a lot of bleeding with your recent loss, I'd add in 18 mg iron daily for a couple weeks, then reduce it to 3x a week.

Have you been on a sway diet for a long time?

Nachelle
November 3rd, 2012, 09:48 AM
Not very long. I just started modifieying my diet about 4-6 weeks ago. Its so hard though I love sallts and sugars I cant help to cheat here and there!!! lol Its the hardest at night when the kids are sleeping. Ok so no asprinand lots of foic acid. Thanks so much!

atomic sagebrush
November 3rd, 2012, 10:03 AM
Ok! The reason I asked was that if you had been on diet a long time, we might have added in a little bit of zinc, but since you've only been on it a short time, we won't.

atomic sagebrush
November 3rd, 2012, 10:03 AM
You can have sugar when TTC pink, just not every 15 minutes all day long!!

Nachelle
November 3rd, 2012, 10:58 AM
LOL! Oh man! I really only have sugar is like at 3 and at something small at night like around 9. I have been taking a litte extra zinc. Since Ive had an eptopic I heard zinc was good for decreasing chances for another. For supplements I am taking, about 25mg zinc, 400iu vitamin e, 800 follic acid (which now Im going to increase), 300 mg magnesium, 500 mg calcium citrate, and 500 vitamin C. DO you think I should take more zinc like the full 50 mg or anything else I should add to my suppements overall? Thank you so much for your time? Also what is a custom sway plan?

atomic sagebrush
November 3rd, 2012, 03:25 PM
That amount of sugar is perfectly fine.

I actually think you shoudl take LESS zinc. the amounts listed on IG are much higher than are safe. Zinc dose shoudl be 8-15 mg for ladies and 20-25 for gents.

We don't always do things the same way they do on IG. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/7507-ig-vs-gd-swaying-whats-difference-who-atomic-sagebrush-anyway.html I would have you drop some of those supps, but that's your call to make of course.

A custom plan is where I make you a personalized plan based on your individual needs and wants for your sway and then coach you personally in a private, one on one forum. I help everyone who needs it but they get first priority.

wannagirl21
November 3rd, 2012, 04:14 PM
:worry:
Can you do me a favor and please start asking future q's in the sway forum? This is really meant for questions about the custom sway plans and while I don't mind answering one or two questions off topic, this is really not meant for one person to post all their sway questions in, if that makes any sense.

SP is in herb shops or online and yes, it's taken the same time as vitex. Stop both the day before you expect to O.

AF means Aunt Flo, meaning your period. When you start something AF, that means the first day of your menstrual cycle or CD (cycle day) 1.

Okay sorry I'm new to this site so a little confused to where to start off and where to ask questions.:worry:

Nachelle
November 3rd, 2012, 08:47 PM
Is it exspensive?

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2012, 08:25 AM
:worry:

Okay sorry I'm new to this site so a little confused to where to start off and where to ask questions.:worry:

Please don't worry and there is absolutely no need to apologize, I just want to simplify it for everyone.

The link to the reg. girl forums is here. Trying to Conceive a Girl (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/)

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Is it exspensive?

It's $75 for the plan and 6 months of coaching.

Courtney
November 5th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Thank you Atomic SageBrush! Looking forward to starting my meal plan. I am a little slow with all the blogging and stuff I assume PM = Private Message?

Nachelle
November 5th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Im more confused now then I was when I first started getting into swaying! loll I've been reading some posts and I have no clue what Im doing. Like caffeine is a good thing for swaying, and Are you supposed to put repllens in after you BD when the "samplle" lol is in you? Or is that bad. MAybe I do need the plan, I feel lost.

hopingforsaskia
November 5th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Hi Nachelle! Why don't you jump in and start a thread with your questions re: replens and caff in the swaying forum?? You'll get a lot more responses there from all girl swayers... Might be easier than clogging this forum and risk going unnoticed. :) :) xx

Akalove
November 6th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I tried my first attempt (TTC pink) on Sunday and tested my pH this morning and it is high at 6.6. How can I lower it quickly?

juli2a
November 6th, 2012, 05:58 PM
hello,i am swaying for boy. i got questions about ovulation test. When is O test is positive, when i have to have sex? i am confusing, becouse on the test said ovulation come after12-36 hour.

Cinss
November 7th, 2012, 07:08 AM
hello,i am swaying for boy. i got questions about ovulation test. When is O test is positive, when i have to have sex? i am confusing, becouse on the test said ovulation come after12-36 hour.

Yes that is right. You will get a surge of the lh horemone and see a positive test. Then you will ovulate 12-36 hours later and the egg will only live for about 12 hours so you would want to have sperm already in there waiting for the egg. For a boy sway it woul be good to have sex when you see the positive test and then 2 more times in the next 48 hours.

juli2a
November 7th, 2012, 09:22 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Thank you Atomic SageBrush! Looking forward to starting my meal plan. I am a little slow with all the blogging and stuff I assume PM = Private Message?

Yes!!

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I tried my first attempt (TTC pink) on Sunday and tested my pH this morning and it is high at 6.6. How can I lower it quickly?

You dont' need to lower your pH after attempt, the sperm have already swum away by then.

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Im more confused now then I was when I first started getting into swaying! loll I've been reading some posts and I have no clue what Im doing. Like caffeine is a good thing for swaying, and Are you supposed to put repllens in after you BD when the "samplle" lol is in you? Or is that bad. MAybe I do need the plan, I feel lost.

I believe higher intake of caff to be a good thing for a pink sway and pop, coffee, energy drinks are beter than tea.

Don't use anything after BD, use RepHresh 8-12 up to 24 hours before your attempt, and if you want to, you can use a little Sylk or Acijel or Replens 1-2 hours before.

babygirl
November 28th, 2012, 05:59 PM
question re herbs, can i take saw palmetto, dim, and vitex for my sway? i have found a saw palmetto standardised to 92-98% fatty acids but they are 160mg so would i take 2 at a time or one morning one evening?
What amount of vitex should i take if i can do the other 2 at the same time?

babygirl
November 28th, 2012, 06:01 PM
this is what is says about the saw palmetto
Saw Palmetto Extract 160mg
(Serenoa Repens)(Berry)(Standardized For 92-98% Fatty Acids And Biologically Active Sterols, 147-157 Mg)

is that ok?

babygirl
November 29th, 2012, 04:23 AM
ooops sorry posted in the wrong place, seems i am having trouble navigating myself around

atomic sagebrush
November 30th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Yes, you can take them as long as you're not breastfeeding.

You can take the SP either together or separately, some people find it's easier on their stomachs to separate the doses.

800 mg vitex is what most of us take, up to 1200 if the 800 doesn't seem to work for you.

atomic sagebrush
November 30th, 2012, 01:27 PM
this is what is says about the saw palmetto
Saw Palmetto Extract 160mg
(Serenoa Repens)(Berry)(Standardized For 92-98% Fatty Acids And Biologically Active Sterols, 147-157 Mg)

is that ok?

yep just fine

babygirl
November 30th, 2012, 08:07 PM
thank you Atomic:kiss: you are awesome

babygirl
November 30th, 2012, 08:09 PM
looks like i may have finally weaned yay, Bub hasn't feed off me at all for over 36 hours!

lollylegs
December 14th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Right, looks like I need to come back to this thread and read through some pages ... so many good clarifications ...
but I HAVE searched for an answer to this question, but didn't turn anything up.
Can anyone tell me if, once I start filling in the background info for the swaying plan, can I save the information and come back to it to finish? Or do I need to do it in one hit?
Is there a word doc or similar with the questions I can "draft" my responses? My own time feels so interrupted, only safe really late at night, but by then my brain is not always working so well!

atomic sagebrush
December 15th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I'm not sure but I will ask someone who knows and get right back to you.

I TOTALLY understand about interrupted time, I often have to get up in the wee hours to do the plans haha. Kids these days! ;)

lollylegs
December 17th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I'm not sure but I will ask someone who knows and get right back to you.

I TOTALLY understand about interrupted time, I often have to get up in the wee hours to do the plans haha. Kids these days! ;)

I know - they haven't learnt clocks by this age?! (we also have daylight savings meaning it looks like play time until nearly 9 pm - party nights it is).

Anyway, just wanted to say not to worry - I got them into their own bed together tonight, so stretched out alone with laptop and completed the forms in one hit - hurrah! Even the editing to get it in under the required character numbers!

Just in case you do manage to look at this and link it to that data - I've noticed a number of the swaying supplements (Vitex and SP, baby aspirin for e.g.) are not used if BF. As indicated yes BF, but absolutely minimally for older toddler and *could* wean if that were needed / strengthen sway.

Loving your new pic of baby S. Be well xL

atomic sagebrush
December 17th, 2012, 09:00 AM
I understand, thanks for letting me know!! I still would like to know the answer, though.

nuthinbutpink
December 17th, 2012, 09:45 AM
No, you have to do it at one sitting. The SW has limitations. I know people have copied and pasted the forms into word and sent them to us as .pdf's which is fine to do. You can drag your mouse and copy and paste it into a word doc if you want and email it to info@genderdreaming.com

jasper
January 3rd, 2013, 07:19 AM
Hi,
I just signed up for a personalised sway, but am not sure where to access the survey?
Thanks

nuthinbutpink
January 3rd, 2013, 07:36 AM
There is a forum that is right under this one that "appears" when you sign up entitled "Access to Personalized Swaying Questionnaires". I will also PM you the link!

mama3gals
January 7th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Hello, Just a few questions? how much dairy is allowed on diet? Also, how much folic acid in total for ttc boy, 400 in my prenatal. Thanks : )

The Anchor
January 7th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Hello, Just a few questions? how much dairy is allowed on diet? Also, how much folic acid in total for ttc boy, 400 in my prenatal. Thanks : )

Mama3 you should head over to the Swaying Forums and ask this one!

mama3gals
January 7th, 2013, 11:31 AM
ok thanks anchor, just came here as have plan but realised its not really plan relate yet.

The Anchor
January 7th, 2013, 11:57 AM
ok thanks anchor, just came here as have plan but realised its not really plan relate yet.

Sorry mamam3, if it's plan related definitely ask it here...I think it's generally 2000 mcgs of folic acid for a boy sway and as for dairy - go full fat as long as you're not worried about calcium limits.

Cauliflower
January 7th, 2013, 03:26 PM
So where do I post a question in PP forum to get a quick answer, or do I have to send PM?

nuthinbutpink
January 7th, 2013, 05:09 PM
So where do I post a question in PP forum to get a quick answer, or do I have to send PM?

When you plan is uploaded and you have the link for it, you can simply reply to that thread with any questions for atomic and receive a prioritized response. You're kind of in limbo right now until you get your plan. You can of course continue to post in the Dream Member swaying or regular swaying forums.

nuthinbutpink
January 7th, 2013, 05:12 PM

Hi there. All of this will be cleared up when you receive your Custom Plan. Give us about a week and atomic will finish it after she reviews your questionnaires. Once you have the plan, if you still have questions, you can ask them in your private forum.

You are always welcome to post questions in the swaying forums of course!

Cauliflower
January 7th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Oh, I understand :) Atomic, take your time, we are waiting...

mama3gals
January 7th, 2013, 05:30 PM
oh sorry It can get xonfusing about where to post! I willwaitfor plan.. oops!

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2013, 07:00 PM

Dairy is unlimited on HE Diet and folic acid should be at 2000 mcg (sounds like a lot but some of the stuff in the boy diet can deplete your folic.)

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Oh, I understand :) Atomic, take your time, we are waiting...

Ok thank you I appreciate the patience! :)

mama3gals
January 8th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Thanks atomic, I promise no more questions until plan : )

Butterfly Spirit
January 8th, 2013, 03:16 PM

LOL :rofl:
If you don't know Atomic by now, just know.. that you don't have to apologize for the number of questions you need to ask her..
the woman is very kind, and has 'unlimited' patience it seems ;)

mama3gals
January 8th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Ha thanks butterfly spirit, I can see why she needs patience on here!!

atomic sagebrush
January 11th, 2013, 09:31 AM

Yes, ask away! Just don't be mad if it takes me a day or two to get back to you ! :)