PDA

View Full Version : Working On A Baby Name List!

purplepoet20
January 23rd, 2012, 11:38 AM
I am trying to keep my mind in trying for a baby by working on a baby name list... We are still going for family names so the list is limited. My husband likes the idea of letting his mom pick the first name and my dad picking the middle name.

BOY
First names - Henry or Anthony
Middle names - Henry, Anthony, Frank, or Max

GIRL
First names - Madeleine, Madelyn, Madeline, Ashlynn, Hope, or Isabella
Middle names - Louise, Hope, Mary, Lucy, Libby, or Alice

.................................................. .................................................. ................

I need help with something else.... Some of the other famiy names we don't care for but we would like to change the spelling of them to make them sound better. I will add more names once I find my family tree.

BOYS
Asa
August

GIRLS
Gladys
Rowena
Geraldine - maybe Gerilyn - she was my MIL's sister and passed away years ago.
Frances

zanacal
January 23rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
That's brave letting your parents decide the name!!

I prefer Henry to Anthony and my dad is Frank so I'm going to choose Henry Frank for a boy and Isabella Hope for a girl :D

Do you mean you'd want to change the name of the spellings as you've written them? To me, they're all spellt correctly! I like Frances for a girl.

purplepoet20
January 23rd, 2012, 12:06 PM
I like the names but I want a better sounding name. Hubby thinks they are to old. Where we live the old names are what the Native Americans use, not to make it sound mean to anyone. I am native but hubby is a blonde viking.

zanacal
January 23rd, 2012, 12:09 PM
Oh ok, I like old names :D I don't like names where spelling has been changed either but that's just me!

DoulaMama
January 23rd, 2012, 12:31 PM
I'm with Z on the boy name- Henry Frank. Girl- Madeline Louise. I'm not overly fond of the other names, Gerilyn being my least fave. I can't imagine letting my parents choose my kids name! You certainly are brave! What if you and hubs dislike it?

purplepoet20
January 23rd, 2012, 02:20 PM
I already know that if it is a girl my mil loves Madeleine and my dad knows she likes that name so he says Louise would be perfect.... we would have a Jimmy Tom, Chucky Tim, and Maddy Lou or Harry (???). Not sure if I would like Harry Frank (for nickname reasons) Harry Tony would be better.

purple sky
January 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
My picks would be Anthony Henry and Madeline Hope. My parents (actually my mom) named both ds1 and ds2 (we picked the middle) I put my brave foot down for ds3..lol