PDA

View Full Version : Iridology and gender prediction

ssw_mommy
January 23rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
So i was doing some research on different ways to determine gender online ( I am gender OBSESSED with this pregnancy - rooting for a girl ) and came across some threads that said that you can use iridology to determine gender. The theory is that if you have 2 fish hook type veins on the whites of your eyes at 5'oclock and 7'oclock (not referring to time of day lol) on your RIGHT eye = girl, your LEFT eye = boy...

this is what my RIGHT eye looks like.... now these look like candy canes to me but there is nothing even remotely similar on my left eye except that V that other people talk about which would also = girl because it's on the left eye:

girlmom
January 23rd, 2012, 05:57 PM
this was true in my case but i just heard about this with this pregnancy. so i never checked with the girls to back this up. this time mine was left eye at 5 and 7.. this is a must though. they can't be off a little or dead center they have to be exactly 5 and 7. your pic looks girly to me but again i didn't check with the girls to back this up, i can only say it was true with this pregnancy. good luck

ssw_mommy
January 23rd, 2012, 06:02 PM
this was true in my case but i just heard about this with this pregnancy. so i never checked with the girls to back this up. this time mine was left eye at 5 and 7.. this is a must though. they can't be off a little or dead center they have to be exactly 5 and 7. your pic looks girly to me but again i didn't check with the girls to back this up, i can only say it was true with this pregnancy. good luck

Are yours actually upside down looking fish-hook veins or like mine, candy cane veins?

girlmom
January 23rd, 2012, 07:57 PM
mine are actually straight up and down but in the 5 and 7 position in the left eye. in the right eye i have 1 at 6 o'clock position. i heard if you have them in both eyes at 5 and 7 it means girl. i would say based on your pic its a girl, let me know after your scan. im curious to know if it works for you also.

TTC5
January 23rd, 2012, 08:39 PM
OMG freaky! So my right eye has 3 of these hooks but not at 5 and 7. My left eye has them at 5 & 7 only!?

girlmom
January 23rd, 2012, 08:42 PM
based on the theory it's a boy for you then ttc5!!

Princess of Pink
January 23rd, 2012, 08:42 PM
OMG...I told you this is a boy 5!!

TTC5
January 23rd, 2012, 08:43 PM
We will see in 7/8 months time lol :P

ssw_mommy
January 23rd, 2012, 09:09 PM
We will see in 7/8 months time lol :P are you not getting a gender scan? I'd go crazy lol, i have to get one!

Hobbermittens
January 23rd, 2012, 09:26 PM
I have a candy cane in my left eye! But only one, and it is more like 8 o'clock. The right eye has regular veins. What does that mean?

TTC5
January 23rd, 2012, 09:27 PM
are you not getting a gender scan? I'd go crazy lol, i have to get one!

I don't think so nope. We really want a suprise this time as crazy as it sounds lol

Princess of Pink
January 23rd, 2012, 09:49 PM
I couldn't do the surprise again. Our first 4 were surprises, the last 3 of those not by choice, just babies who didn't want to share the goods!! I was so sad at the birth of #4 and for months later that I think my GD rolled into PND. I was devastated at 20 weeks with #5 but by the time she arrived I had come to terms and really enjoyed her!!

DoulaMama
January 23rd, 2012, 09:53 PM
My third was a surprise and it was amazing:) If I wasn't on this GD site and just went for it with #4...we would have been team green again for sure. I think I wanted to know so bad because I'm surrounded by others finding out! LOL It'll be great, TTC5 :HH:

DoulaMama
January 23rd, 2012, 09:56 PM
OMG! Crazy! I have this!!!!....... in my left eye though....

Hobbermittens
January 23rd, 2012, 09:57 PM
heard if you have them in both eyes at 5 and 7 it means girl.

I do have veins in those places on both eyes, but not candy canes ones. I only have one candy cane in my left eye. I also have veins in other time slots, though not the same in each eye. I also wear contacts, and I wonder if that makes any difference.

TTC5
January 23rd, 2012, 10:20 PM
I have heyfever so that probably makes them veiny hahahahaha

Hobbermittens
January 23rd, 2012, 10:51 PM
OMG! Crazy! I have this!!!!....... in my left eye though....

Oh good, so it is wrong for you, Doula Mama? That makes me feel better. :)

Prayn4Haven
January 23rd, 2012, 11:02 PM
What? Oh man... I dont have candy cane veins. I have a V in my left eye tho. I thought that meant girl. BUMMER!

ssw_mommy
January 24th, 2012, 07:47 PM
What? Oh man... I dont have candy cane veins. I have a V in my left eye tho. I thought that meant girl. BUMMER!

yes that's a different theory though, i have that too lol in my left eye...and these candy cane thingy's in my right eye.

Prayn4Haven
January 24th, 2012, 08:49 PM
yes that's a different theory though, i have that too lol in my left eye...and these candy cane thingy's in my right eye.

Ok. Lol... FX for a girl!

girlmom
January 26th, 2012, 07:11 PM
you ladies are too funny! i think its just a stupid old wives tale thats just for fun, it just happened to work for me. but hey i have a magic 8 ball! if you want to know the gender i can shake it and ask for you. i will be right 50% of the time too!

i don't think the candy cane veins matter. mine are straight vertical lines that just happen to be at 7 and 5 in my left eye and i was confirmed boy last weekend, although my mother says shes doesnt' believe it and anything before 20 weeks is just a lucky guess. but i swear i saw a penis. its a boy, my mother is crazy.

Hobbermittens
January 26th, 2012, 07:40 PM
i don't think the candy cane veins matter. mine are straight vertical lines that just happen to be at 7 and 5 in my left eye .

I don't want to hear that! I have those stupid veins in both eyes, fish hook in the Left, straight on the right, though the right is more like 5:30 and 6:30, and I hope that doesn't mean girl! the Left is like 8 and 5, but hooks.

hopingforsaskia
February 9th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Just stumbled upon this thread.... Hobber, looks like your eyes were telling the truth!! I am keen to see if this works for me.. I've got 2 straight lines at 5 & 7 on my right eye... and not a single squiggle underneath on the left... ;)

Wanting-a-girl
February 9th, 2013, 06:32 PM
I got them on both... Twins lol

Hobbermittens
February 9th, 2013, 06:36 PM
I am skeptical of this one. I think my eyes technically said "girl" because of where the veins were? But they were candy cane shapes which meant boy. Anyway, I just checked, and they look the same still, and my baby boy was born in October, so I think my eyes probably looked like this before he was conceived.

hopingforsaskia
February 9th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Haha oh well... ;) it's worth a go I suppose! :HH:

hopingforsaskia
February 9th, 2013, 09:31 PM
I got them on both... Twins lol

Oh my...!!! ;)

Zivic-Bubac
July 16th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Here's a bit different theory: "Hey there, I'm a clinical iridologist, and have some experience with this. Here's the theory - a red line can appear in the sclera (white part of the eye) in your left eye @ 5 o'clock, or your right eye @ 7 o'clock. If the "hook" is turning outward towards your ears, they say boy. If the "hook" turns towards inward to your nose, they say girl. It's got a 92% accuracy rate based on the research, and some women never even develop a "hook" in their eye to even determine. They also say the best time to examine is starting in the 7th month. So you have a ways to go! Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy!"
I copy/pasted it from here iridology hook veins theory in Swayed for BOY Forum (http://www.in-gender.com/forum/thread.aspx?ID=259019)

Zivic-Bubac
July 16th, 2014, 04:34 PM
And this Our Baby Jessica Louise: Sclerology/ Iridology (http://spiritbaby.blogspot.com/2008/06/sclerology.html)

Rosie85
July 16th, 2014, 04:50 PM
My eyes are super veiny in these areas and look hooky everywhere haha. This would never work for me.

coocoobananas
July 16th, 2014, 05:49 PM
I think it's right this time for me? But I think it was the same for my last which was a boy!

daydrmbelievr
July 16th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I did this with DS2 and it said I was going to have a girl, so not true for me :(

odd
July 16th, 2014, 07:15 PM
When can u do this?? I've been checking frequently and it keeps changing

Rosie85
July 16th, 2014, 08:40 PM
I think it said after 7 months is the most reliable

atomic sagebrush
July 17th, 2014, 07:57 AM
This is not something I believe in - just tossing that out there since I never commented on this thread the first time

Rosie85
July 17th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Atomic I am curious what you think about the stats. Her saying that is 90 some percent effective for guessing girls. How can it be so accurate??

odd
July 17th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Ok this had me really curious so I started googling and it gave pages and pages full of sites e here women checked their eyes for gender. Needless to say, it was prettt much 50/50.

I did come across this article which is the only thing that sort od made sense to me. If u scroll down a couple of paragraphs, it states that one of the few things iridplogy cannot predict is pregnancy or padt surgeries.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/iridology/

atomic sagebrush
July 19th, 2014, 11:53 AM
It can't be and it's just a bunch of bull--- Iridology has been shown to be bogus and there are several former iridologists who truly used to believe in it, who were shown by opthamologists how the vessels can look different in different situations, at different angles, and so on, who have come forward to say that they now realize what they were doing was scientifically wrong.