PDA

View Full Version : Single woman considering Cyprus for IVF/PGD

Pcoop
September 11th, 2019, 03:20 AM
Hi! I'm single yet considering having IVF to have a baby on my own. I am also thinking of having a daughter so I'm thinking about PGD too. Cyprus seems to be an option for me. Anyone here who have had their treatments there? I would like to hear your inputs.

atomic sagebrush
September 11th, 2019, 07:39 PM
Cyprus has had mixed results. Are there any other possibilities?

nuthinbutpink
September 16th, 2019, 12:15 PM
Since you would obviously need IVF to get pregnant on your own(or another artificial method), you may have luck where you live. Have you inquired? How old are you? If you have to resort to IVF, it is not unusual to have testing done so you can select the healthiest embryo to transfer. They would have the gender of the embryo when they do testing. I wonder if even places where GS is not allowed would be more sympathetic or simply not care when someone is going through IVF alone for a child. Maybe you can do a consult locally and ask about the process?

Pcoop
September 25th, 2019, 05:53 AM
Hi thanks for replying. I'm 42 I'm afraid. Don't quite like to prospect of asking personally. I have been doing some research but nothing is specific on NHS for single women, most require two years trying through natural means. I read though that it was allowed. I'm in Liverpool. So I'm hoping these forums can lead me through some answers. But I am willing to pay for private. I haven't mustered the courage to approach a GP either.

Pcoop
September 25th, 2019, 05:58 AM
Hello, I'm still scouting around. Haven't really made concrete steps yet like testing. I figured I can't be NHS qualified and although I'm good at the idea of going private, I still want to see more affordable clinics. Did you go through NHS with yours?

atomic sagebrush
September 26th, 2019, 01:36 PM
Hello, I'm still scouting around. Haven't really made concrete steps yet like testing. I figured I can't be NHS qualified and although I'm good at the idea of going private, I still want to see more affordable clinics. Did you go through NHS with yours?

Both of us are in the US, but we do have a lot of UK girls here and I'm hoping one of them chimes in. Most of them do some testing through their regular doctors before proceeding.

Would you consider donor eggs? Given your age you will have a better chance of success with them.

Pcoop
October 13th, 2019, 11:31 PM
Hello yes donor eggs are an option too. I'm undergoing testing now. Finally got the nerve to approach my GP about it.

4blue2pink
October 14th, 2019, 06:39 AM
Hi Pcoop, ive not been through IVF myself but a family member has had 2 ivf babies and was referred to the liverpool womens hospital for all her treatments both times, with you bin in liverpool id say its worth enquiring with liverpool womens about it all as may save you having to travel anywhere :) Good Luck on your IVF journey and i hope you end up with your baby girl x

Pcoop
October 20th, 2019, 11:23 PM
Thanks for sharing. My GP wants to finish all my tests first before she will discuss any treatment. But Liverpool does fund single women right?

4blue2pink
October 21st, 2019, 10:49 AM
Thanks for sharing. My GP wants to finish all my tests first before she will discuss any treatment. But Liverpool does fund single women right?

im not sure but women get referred there from all over so i'd assume if anywhere will fund its there! maybe look on their website for any info and if there's none give them a call :)

Pcoop
October 28th, 2019, 11:33 AM
I'm afraid I don't quality - I'm 42 and I should have started before 40.

4blue2pink
October 30th, 2019, 10:21 AM
I'm afraid I don't quality - I'm 42 and I should have started before 40.

im sorry to hear that :heart: that policy seems unfair i hope that you can find a clinic, with your gp running tests can they not refer you?

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2019, 12:12 PM
Oh gosh I'm sorry to hear that. :heart:

Pcoop
November 6th, 2019, 03:08 AM
Ikr? :drama: Yes they are referring me to a clinic here but I find their rates quite high. If I'm doing this out of pocket I will need to count every savings I can get.

4blue2pink
November 6th, 2019, 09:34 AM
Ikr? :drama: Yes they are referring me to a clinic here but I find their rates quite high. If I'm doing this out of pocket I will need to count every savings I can get.

do you need ivf or could you go the artificial insemination route? if AI could work for you that would cut your costs. im keeping my fingers crossed for you x

Pcoop
November 14th, 2019, 02:34 AM
Thanks, yes insemination would be much cheaper, but my doctor says there are problems with the quality of my eggs, so I don't quite know what to do. But right now the best option seems to be ivf with donor egg and sperm.

atomic sagebrush
November 27th, 2019, 03:12 PM
I personally think the above poster is a spammer, just want the rest of you to be aware.

l have already talked to them about this and they assure me they are just a person looking for info, so for now I have chosen to tolerate their presence, but they do seem to be promoting a certain clinic. I just want other posters to be aware of this concern.

Pcoop
January 16th, 2020, 12:44 AM
I'm going for embryo donation. Found a clinic called Dunya IVF. It's in Cyprus though. Any ladies here had treatment there? So far communication is good. I might go there to check them out myself, and maybe visit other clinics while I'm at it.

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2020, 03:39 PM
I'm hoping someone chimes in here - we have not had stellar success with Cyprus clinics, particuarly the ones that are NOT Dr. Savvas (Savvas isn't great either but he seems better than the others) But I'm hoping that someone out there can help.

Pcoop
January 26th, 2020, 08:31 PM
@atomic sagebrush Thank you, duly noted.

Pcoop
March 2nd, 2020, 09:57 PM
Just a bit of update - going in for a transfer in a few hours. Went for embryo donation, wish me luck ladies!

lyagirl
March 7th, 2020, 06:01 PM
Just a bit of update - going in for a transfer in a few hours. Went for embryo donation, wish me luck ladies!

How did you get on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pcoop
March 11th, 2020, 03:50 AM
Thanks for asking Iyagirl. Well transfer went well. Had a bit of pain for a while. So I stayed in my room. But it faded away the next day, so I was feeling good for a walk. Testing is next week so I have a weird feeling in me tummy but it is not pain, anxiety maybe? I'm suddenly very scared!

4blue2pink
March 11th, 2020, 10:02 AM
keeping everything crossed for you :)

Walkerbabies
March 12th, 2020, 03:29 AM
Thanks for asking Iyagirl. Well transfer went well. Had a bit of pain for a while. So I stayed in my room. But it faded away the next day, so I was feeling good for a walk. Testing is next week so I have a weird feeling in me tummy but it is not pain, anxiety maybe? I'm suddenly very scared!

What was it like in the clinic? Please let us know how it went?

Pcoop
March 20th, 2020, 12:41 AM
Hello I got a BFP. Dunya was straightforward and efficient. I'm glad I went straight to embryo donation. They explained the odds were against me at trying to conceive using my own eggs. Plus I am single, so...

Walkerbabies
March 23rd, 2020, 01:13 AM
Congratulations @Pcoop! Thanks for your feedback. I was planning to go this April but I think this will have to be shelved for now. Even if I have treatments here at home, things are still a bit sensitive. I do hope this will be over soon. I am not that young anymore. Time is not on my side.

Pcoop
March 30th, 2020, 07:24 AM
@Walkerbabies this thing really turning things upside down isn't it? And here I am, newly pregnant and single - with threats of a full lock down. Honestly getting pretty scared here.

Walkerbabies
March 31st, 2020, 06:57 AM
@Pcoop, don't worry too much hun, your baby needs you to be strong so she is safe in there. You can do this :)

Walkerbabies
September 1st, 2020, 08:00 AM
Hello hun, just wanna know how you're getting along? Been a while since I last got in here.

Pcoop
September 8th, 2020, 08:03 AM
Hello! Doin' pretty well thank you :) considering. But really I found someone to help me out - I don't know what I would do without her :) what about you?

Pcoop
September 10th, 2020, 10:24 AM
Hello sorry for not responding in a while - wow since March? Just want you ladies to know that I'm pregnant and I got someone staying in to help me - so I'm good. Thank you ladies - reading back through this thread makes me realize how supportive you all are. Hugs to you all!:flowerz:

Walkerbabies
September 13th, 2020, 07:12 PM
That is good to hear. :) How far along are you?

Pcoop
August 12th, 2022, 06:23 AM
Thank you! Just wanted to update you all. Me and my baby are doing just fine. And starting to adjust to being a single mother. I hope you girls are doing goos too!

Walkerbabies
August 16th, 2022, 06:23 AM
Hello I'm having treatments again this year. I haven't really gotten to it with Covid worries. How are you doing with your baby?