PDA

View Full Version : Hey new here!!

Mycharleygirl
January 24th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Hello everyone. My husband and I are currently in the midst of our second attempt at ivf with pgd. I'm extremely nervous.
The first time was in sept we got twelve eggs, eight fertilized and five made it to pgd. We ended up with three boys and two girls. We transferred the two girl one was grade a the other was slightly behind. But alas it was BFN. So onto to cycle # 2. December we had too many cysts so that got cancelled so we started in jan. this cycle we only ended up with four eggs. :nails:
I got the call this morning that even with the icsi we only have two fertilized. So now we have to wait to see if they even make it to day five to do the biopsy and than we need to be left with a girl to transfer. They wanted me to just skip the pgd and put back what we have. But I can't cause I am doing this for our dd and I just don't want to risk it. What r our chances? Anybody else go through a similar situation?

nuthinbutpink
January 24th, 2012, 12:01 PM
We have a few with low numbers, one with one and the RE did the PGD for free, that have found success. You do only need one. I assume you are just doing a 2-probe for gender only? Where are you cycling? I am sorry about the lower numbers.

Mycharleygirl
January 24th, 2012, 12:08 PM
We r going through reprgenetics and doing I think a two or three probe it was the lowest one it tests for gender trisomy 21 and something else I cannot recall. They only do a thre fsh whatever that means. I always had trouble deciphering the paperwork.

nuthinbutpink
January 24th, 2012, 12:23 PM
FISH. 3 probe tests for downs- you're right! Well, I really hope one of those is your girl! Good luck!

xokatietatie
January 24th, 2012, 02:14 PM
welcome :)

lisvna
January 25th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Good luck!

tinksmagic
January 27th, 2012, 12:17 AM
FISH. 3 probe tests for downs- you're right! Well, I really hope one of those is your girl! Good luck!

We just used Reprogenics for 5 probe FISH (thanks to the wonderful advice of everyone here!). We got 3 monochromic XY (last time we got 3 mosaics for 21, 18 and 13, so odds were better this time). My 2 XY transfers last cycle weren't anywhere near as good as this cycle (We put in 2 HB XY and am on my 2ww).

Yes, it does only take 1, you don't mention your age. I'm 40, odds are not in our favor. We only got 1/2 of what we expected for egg/embies, but keep the faith and good luck!