PDA

View Full Version : Quorn for DH whilst TTC Girl

OneLastDream
January 17th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Would quorn (meat substitute) sway girl for DH do you know by lowering testosterone and raising estrogen? I cant find soy which I have read does the above??? Thanks

lindi
January 17th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I am already vegetarian, and know those well. I think most soy is unhealthy, but fermented soy is better- like tempeh. I love those quorn burgers personally because I get sick of tempeh and most veggie burgers have regular soy. They do have more sodium than I'd like for myself to eat regularly, but I'm not cutting them out of my diet.

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Sorry this one sneaked past me!!

I would say it's probably better than meat, I don't know and couldn't really find a lot of info on it.

I agree with lindi that the sodium content may be problematic, but then again if he'll eat it happily that is worth something too!!

lindi
January 19th, 2011, 06:04 PM
btw the sodiums not crazy- get a low sodium bun and a little mayo and you're good to go

OneLastDream
January 20th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I checked out the sodium and it seems fine - thanks for all your help - got the little chicken bite thingys - couldnt bring myself to buy anything resembling red meat as felt like I was cheating!!!!