PDA

View Full Version : teamomma minor sway while on clomid

Teamomma
January 24th, 2012, 09:23 PM
USERNAME: Teamomma
DH'S AGE: 31
CHILDREN: 2 (DS-5yo DD-2yo)
NO. MONTHS TTC: 5 (first month on clomid)

DIET:
I was doing the low everything, with the exception of dairy. When I got pregnant with my DD I was eating a ton of dairy so I tried doing that again. So lots of greek yogurt, frozen yogurt, cheese, milk, etc. Also other females in my family who consume a ton of dairy have recently conceived girls so I left that part in. I was also drinking 1 crystal light a day and always drink Dasani water.

DH was not on a diet. But eats VERY healthy.

EXERCISE:
Nothin much!

POTIONS & PILLS:
500 mg cranberry daily
400 mg folic acid daily
650 mg calcium daily
300 mg magnesium daily
(I left Calcium and Magnesium in there, cause I was taking them when I conceived my daughter so I thought I would keep it in)
And then the clomid. I have needed clomid to get pregnant will my 2 kids, and have always got pregnant on my first attempt with it. We were only willing to do this one month with clomid because I am scared of long term effects.

POTIONS & PILLS FOR YOUR MAN:
DH was taking 1000 mg of cranberry pills and 2 licorice root pills per day.

TIMING:
We DTD 2 days before O. I got a +OPK very early, on cd 18 so we did it that night. Still positive OPK the next morning. But negative OPK by that night. We BD again that night just to make sure that we caught that egg. All attempts were done at night. We both took hot showers before getting down to business.

We DTD in the missionary position. He didn't release shallow. I didn't have the big O.

THINGS IN YOUR VG:
I used Rephresh 5 days before I O'd but I didn't want to mess around with things to much cause I really just wanted to be pregnant.

I laid in bed for about an hour each time before getting up to go pee.

Did you track your pH, if so, what was it before the attempt(s):
I used pH strips and usually got a reading of 4.5-5. It was always yellow or orange in color. DH's pH was off the charts high.

Anything else?
I have had a fan blowing on me while on the computer to downplay the positive ions. We have an air purifier in our room that releases negative ions into our room while we sleep. And we sleep with window open a crack. And just because I am crazy, we had a dress that my DD wore when she was a baby under the bed.

I feel like we just did the minimal amount of sway tactics, we just wanted to increase our chances of getting another girl. We just really wanted to get pregnant, with the secret hope that we could give our DD a sister. But we will truly be happy with whatever we get.

We DTD in the full moon phase, but I am pretty sure we conceived my DD during the same time so I don't really know how much I believe the whole moon theory.

My EDD is October 4th. Can't wait for my 20 week gender scan!!!!

nuthinbutpink
January 24th, 2012, 10:05 PM
First, congratulations on your pregnancy! FX for a healthy bean and good luck with your sway! Thanks for posting!

TTC5
January 24th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Congrats! Sending you my pink dust!

Indira
January 25th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Congratulations and good luck! Your sway sounds good:fingers:

lobella2
January 25th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Congratulations and good luck!

sallygal
January 29th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Looks like a pretty good sway to me! good luck :fx:

zanacal
January 29th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Congratulations and good luck!

here_we_go!
January 31st, 2012, 07:58 PM
Best of luck!! Looks like a nice sway! :)

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Good luck and congrats!!