PDA

View Full Version : People’s Unwarranted Opinions

princessreader
October 4th, 2019, 02:19 PM
I’m not sure I’m putting this in the right category, but I really don’t know who to talk to and feel safe other than here. I’m due my fourth boy next month as some of you know..... I’ve had a rough pregnancy and went through GD and more.

Hubbys family because despondent with me over the last few months because they didn’t “agree” with us having more kids. I’m just so fed up of people imposing their negative comments and it usually happens to my husband when I’m not around. So tonight he went to his brothers house and started texting me from there to say how everyone (not sure if that’s an exaggeration or not) kept saying to him “you’re having a fourth child?!” “Can you afford it?” And just inconsiderate comments like that.

Do people think it’s okay to butt into other people’s personal lives this way? Of course this would do nothing but fuel friction between me and him. And what upsets me is that he is affected by the comments..... I feel so upset because his brothers generation are like a decade older than us and have gone way past the baby stage. Most of them are 50- 60 year olds divorced and party people and just nothing like me. What do you say? How to respond to these opinionated NOSEY and rude people?

Obviously they have been told things about us and so they feel like they know better and this all stems back to how his entire family has been throughout this pregnancy. It doesn’t help that I ended up with another boy and it’s more for them to criticize and poke fun at. I’ve kept well away from social events this pregnancy for this very reason. Is it me am I being sensitive? Or do I have a valid reason to be upset? What’s the best way to deal with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk