PDA

View Full Version : Clomid question

kaseybaby
January 26th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Does Clomid usually delay ovulation or move it up to be sooner? I ovulate fine on my own, not sure if that makes a difference. But my DH has business next month and he has the leave the day after I ovulate if I don't take the clomid. I don't want to take clomid, have him be gone and ovulate late. That would be a waste of a month.

Do I risk it?

michaela
January 27th, 2012, 04:57 AM
No you shouldn't take the Clomid if you don't need it, there is no reason too as you ovulate on your own. Unless you have been struggling TTC for awhile now? There are too many risks involved and I am not talking about the timing of your ovulation. :)

kaseybaby
January 27th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I have been TTC for a while, I have had CD 3 blood work, an HSG, etc. I am not just ordering it off the internet, I am under the care of a doctor.

atomic sagebrush
January 27th, 2012, 04:14 PM
There are other reasons why people are prescribed Clomid aside from just ovulating, of course. it may make better eggs and also will help with LP problems. Doctors often prescribe it even if you are ovulating, if you've been trying a long time which I know Kasey has!

For everyone else reading this thread, do not order Clomid online or get it from a friend, doctor only.

Kasey, if you are really concerned about it, then you can always postpone the clomid by a month. Since you can only stay on Clomid a short while, better to postpone the Clomid than risk having to waste a month without being able to try.

Kasey did you see I wrote your essay on Clomid and swaying?? It's in the Gender Swaying section.

michaela
January 27th, 2012, 04:58 PM
There are other reasons why people are prescribed Clomid aside from just ovulating, of course. it may make better eggs and also will help with LP problems. Doctors often prescribe it even if you are ovulating, if you've been trying a long timeRight. ;)

kaseybaby
January 30th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Great Atomic! I am going to check it out. Thanks!

LolaInLove
January 30th, 2012, 02:07 PM
I was given Clomid even though I ovulated because we had 2 m/c back to back, and my doc said it could help with the egg quality like Atomic mentioned. I usually ovulate around day 14 and I ovulated each month on Clomid a day early.