PDA

View Full Version : update on me

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2011, 06:15 PM
SOMEWHERE in these posts someone asked about what my TTC plans were and I was busy and didn't answer right away, and I cannot for the life of me find it now!!:oops: And I know there has been some confusion about what I am swaying for this time (if there is a "this" time).

Anyway, as you guys may remember, I had the 3 boys and I was swaying pink with my 4th. I got pg on a swaying break and ended up with twins, one of whom I lost early on and never knew the gender, and then my 4th boy, who is a dream come true.

Through the course of all this I made a lot of peace with my GD. There will always be that part of me that would have loved to have a daughter, but really, honestly, if I am to get pg again, it makes more sense for our family to have another boy. We have boy clothes, boy toys, our whole family is geared up for boys, and I have really come to realize how much I treasure being a mom of all boys. GD is something I have left behind me. So, at such time when/if I do get pg again, I'm going to sway blue gently and I will be happy either way, no worries.

My husband seemed like he was getting on board with another baby until just a couple weeks ago, when we received the news that our insurance plan had gotten a lot worse and we would have to pay double out of pocket expenses to have another baby - $4000. That's a pretty major expense for us and my husband has gotten cold feet over it. We also are bursting at the seams in our house and are working on building another one but it is taking forever.

Plus, me being 40 years old...it's a risky situation. For right now, I am just maintaining and trying to be at peace with whatever the future holds.

pinksapphire
January 17th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I'm so sorry about the insurance situation. That's tough! Is that a one time deal of $4000 for a new baby or is it every year if you have another baby?

I think the question is: Will you totally regret not trying to have another baby if you decide that you can not do it financially or if your DH decides against it at this time in life?

I have a friend who is 54 and has two grown children (girls). She said that she always regrets that she didn't try for a boy or didn't try for a third at all. She tells me this all the time as she doesn't know that we've actually tried for some time ourselves. She always tells me that situations can change and that you'll never regret another baby especially if you truly think you'll regret not trying years down the line, like she does.

Just think that you'll have a new house soon & have plenty of room for another child.....boy or girl!

I think it'll be great, too, if you decide to TTC because it'll be mostly stress-free for you. Either way, boy or girl, you are going to be happy. How wonderful is that!

Lastly, since you are a fabulous mother, I think you go ahead and do it! :)

nuthinbutpink
January 17th, 2011, 09:50 PM
$4000 is a lot. Things have a way of working themselves out usually. There is no way I could have planned/mapped out the last 2 years of my life or have known what was coming. Things change overnight. I hope it all goes the way you want it to in the end.

Another princess
January 18th, 2011, 02:51 AM
$4000 is a lot. Things have a way of working themselves out usually. There is no way I could have planned/mapped out the last 2 years of my life or have known what was coming. Things change overnight. I hope it all goes the way you want it to in the end.

Agree. Wishing you all the very best and hoping everything turns out just perfect for you and your family.

Lillylolly
January 18th, 2011, 02:54 AM
Wishing you the very best, Krisitn. Whatever happens I wish you the very best.

Orchid
January 18th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Things change overnight.

True. Hope you remain happy with or without a baby :happy:

Catch!
January 18th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Hoping it all works out the best for you!

atomic sagebrush
January 18th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Thank you all so very much!! ♥♥♥

Jojogirl
January 22nd, 2011, 07:58 PM
Oh wow! Just seeing this! Things can definitely change. Keep us posted!

Tweens&aBaby
January 22nd, 2011, 08:09 PM
Can you do a midwife, home birth? Would that save some money?

CocoChanel
January 22nd, 2011, 09:23 PM
That is alot of money for the insurance cost. Since we are in the same state, we should have a chat sometime about other insurance options, because with a family of your size, there may be more affordable options, not quite sure. :confused:

I can definitely understand the space issues; before we moved we were busting at the seams at our old house, and when things are crowded, it can be stressful. But on the other hand, it has it advantages too, and I will always miss that about living in our little house and sometimes I think we should of just stayed there, 4 kids or not. You find a place to put a kid.

I wish we both had more time to weigh our options, and make leisurely choices, I hate feeling under the gun because of age. I have put it away and it feels...freeing. My 2 little ones are HIGH maintenance. I hope in time, the right choice for you becomes apparent, it isn't always visible right away. (which is why I wish we had more time, lol)

lindi
January 23rd, 2011, 01:17 PM
I wish decisions like this didn't have to be about money, or time. I wonder also though if there isn't some way of getting that cost to go down a little? Good luck!

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 10:59 AM
wishing you all the best kristin!! Definitely keep us updated :)

Becca.lms
August 25th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Things change over night :) I like that!

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2013, 08:37 AM
This is from early 2011 and I didn't get pg until late November - a lot of water went under the bridge between when I wrote this, what happened in the meantime is here. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/9388-atomics-stealth-sway-updated-july-20-a.html

It took me some time before I was ready to take the gamble and honestly I got super lucky because I had an easy pregnancy and birth.

Our insurance got even worse between when I conceived and when I delivered and she actually ended up costing more like 6000. I'm still paying her off too!!! :)

Becca.lms
August 26th, 2013, 08:40 AM
That's crazy! I'm glad I live in Canada. They actually give money to have kids ha ha. I could never afford that!

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I was pretty furious when I found out!!! I really had thought, well, they can't make it any worse WRONG. What's worse, they charged us for tests that they had never charged for before that I would totally have declined, and they didn't bill till much later on in pg so I couldn't even know. it was $1000 just for 2 ultrasounds and glucose tolerance test 3 hr. which I NEVER would have done any of them if I had known they weren't 100% covered.

I actually love the ol' American free market system but my husband's employers are asshats (as evidenced by then how they laid him off after 9 years, 3 weeks before Christmas, with no warning and in fact several meetings where they told him his job was safe!!! :s Shoulda seen that one coming I guess.)

Becca.lms
August 26th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Wow. Sounds like a lovely company.
It never made sense to me that a hospital ultrasound costs about $1000 a shot, but I can walk in and get a 4d ultrasound for $100? Right.... but we're not paying for doctors egos when doing that.
If I had to pay for birth I'd being doing an unassisted right here at home with the husband.
I also don't know how they could charge you for doing a glucose test. It's essentially glucose-fructose and a pound a sugar. They should be paying YOU to drink that stuff. Tis' not entering my body that's fo sho.

Becca.lms
August 26th, 2013, 09:05 AM
I hope your life is less annoying now.

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Wow. Sounds like a lovely company.
It never made sense to me that a hospital ultrasound costs about $1000 a shot, but I can walk in and get a 4d ultrasound for $100? Right.... but we're not paying for doctors egos when doing that.
If I had to pay for birth I'd being doing an unassisted right here at home with the husband.
I also don't know how they could charge you for doing a glucose test. It's essentially glucose-fructose and a pound a sugar. They should be paying YOU to drink that stuff. Tis' not entering my body that's fo sho.

Yeah those were the copays and stuff. Our old ins. never had any copays or fees for tests. So it was some for the tech, some for the doc on both and it added up for the three tests to be about $1000. I wouldn't have had any of them at that rate, because I always fail the one hour test and then pass the three hour. Plus I was anemic and the last thing I needed was to have this massive blood draw right then. Le sigh!

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I hope your life is less annoying now.

Haha thank you!!!