PDA

View Full Version : Can fever ruin my chances?

rainbowflower
January 26th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I'm 3dpo and my beautiful temps seem to have been the onset of a fever that's worsened throughout the day.

Even 45mins after paracetemol it's at 38C right now!

I'm so uncomfortable I can't sleep, have been awake for 2hrs, and now worrying that it will kill my egg... :(

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

HappyLea
January 27th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Hi rainbow,

sorry im not sure if it will ruin your attempt but just want to wish you well. Hope you are feeling better soon and hope you manage to get some rest xxx

rainbowflower
January 27th, 2012, 08:33 AM
thank you, it went back down overnight and this morning but is now back up to 38.0C again so hoping paracetamol works soon!

don't feel as bad as I did last night but just feeling sorry for myself and for DS who seems to be suffering too

Out of the Blue
January 27th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Rainbow, how high did your temp get? Was it at/over 39 C? :HH: Sorry you're dealing w/this right now.

rainbowflower
January 27th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I don't know if it got that high as I was busy trying to get back to sleep and battled on for an hour before getting up to get painkillers, I don't think it was quite as high as that, though. I think mid-38s was probably as high as it got. Even so far today it hasn't gone above 38.

rainbowflower
January 27th, 2012, 09:39 AM
hmm just found this: Fever in Pregnancy | Fruit of the Womb | Healthline (http://www.healthline.com/health-blogs/fruit-womb/fever-pregnancy)

Modest elevations in temperature prior to implantation and more sustained elevations during early embryogenesis may cause fetal death and abortion. Embryos surviving maternal hyperthermia during early development are at risk for a host of congenital anomalies, including neural tube and central nervous system (CNS), micrencephaly, microphthalmia, cataracts, craniofacial, heart, renal, dental, and abdominal wall defects among others.

I should stop Googling!

Out of the Blue
January 27th, 2012, 10:12 AM
AAAAAAAK!!! Step AWAY from Google RIGHT NOW! Don't even give it a 2nd thought right now, okay!

rainbowflower
February 2nd, 2012, 07:40 AM
still can't believe my egg survived it! :D

HopeandDreamG
February 28th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Rainbow~ so weird I just saw this. I posted the other night after O (like 2po) that I had a fever of 99 and was wondering if this would hurt my chances. Hobber told me it wouln't and for you it didn't!! I've also been thirsty thirsty thirsty! No matter how much water I drink. Did that happen to you?

sweetsister
February 29th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Was wondering the same thing i was quite sick and mine went up to 39 i think one day or the day of even of ovulation day but im not sure yet if it survived,that is some scary stuff though:nails:

rainbowflower
February 29th, 2012, 08:09 AM
perhaps it even helps conception - who knows!