PDA

View Full Version : 44 next month. HPT positive

dreamofdaughter
January 11th, 2020, 02:44 PM
I had two losses last year.

This time, I was not trying at all. I don’t know how many times we dtd. Definitely not swaying, eating very well and doing a lot of running and weightlifting. I took no supplements at all. I assumed I was hitting menopause from cycle craziness.

I expect another loss given I am just 4 weeks give or take (not completely sure cause I don’t know my ovulation date). This post to say to women of my age yes you can get pregnant. It’s not 5% as doctors claim. I’ve been pregnant 3 times in around 16/17 months now. That being said, I expect a loss given the statistical 50% miscarriage rate.

I can’t say I am excited yet because until I pass all the tests proving it’s alive, I won’t dare to celebrate.

Good luck older mamas.

djmommy
January 11th, 2020, 03:02 PM
You give me hope as I'm 44 next month as well and I have also had 2 losses in about the same time frame though.
I will be praying a very healthy pregnancy and baby for you though xx

dreamofdaughter
January 11th, 2020, 03:18 PM
I’ve read some of your posts djmommy. I’ve had cycle irregularities similar to yours.

djmommy
January 11th, 2020, 05:14 PM
Crazy, so many similarities!I had a miscarriage in May 2018 and a chemical in Nov last year

djmommy
January 11th, 2020, 05:15 PM
Crazy, so many similarities!I had a miscarriage in May 2018 and a chemical in Nov last year. I remember reading yours too and I remember your name! I'll be praying for you and your pregnancy!

atomic sagebrush
January 11th, 2020, 06:07 PM
OMGosh wow!! I'm so excited for you! Good luck and sending you all my sticky pink dust!!

dreamofdaughter
January 27th, 2020, 06:32 PM
Well I’m not feeling too optimistic I’m afraid. I have extreme nausea but no fatigue at all. With my healthy pregnancies, I had nausea and intense fatigue mid day and needed a nap by 2 or 3pm. With my missed m/c, I had very little fatigue and terrible nausea. I have this strong feeling it’s again just a sac and no baby. Like other than the nausea, my energy does not feel depleted at all. I never thought I’d wish to be tired.

tillytys
January 28th, 2020, 04:19 AM
Hopefully everything is ticking over for you dream, sometimes your symptoms can be completely different hopefully the nausea is still a god sign, have you booked in with your midwife? Do you have any scans coming up or are you able to book a reassurance scan?

Just to add for an older hopeful moms out there, I have been regularly having 60 day cycles aswell with a mc/blighted ovum (only bag grew) last year, Im currently possibly 12 weeks and age 43 so we will see if theres something still ticking away for me later in the week but am very aware not to be surprised if things havent progressed. Good luck to all x

djmommy
January 28th, 2020, 08:36 AM
Praying for you both! As hard as it is, try not to stress. As we do know every symptom is different for every pregnancy.
Dream maybe you can get in for a scan to ease your mind.

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2020, 10:22 AM
I had wildly different symptoms with all my pregnancies. I felt pretty good with my last pregnancy at 41-42, had lots of energy. I honestly felt great (way better than I did when I was 20-21 and pregnant with my first.) :heart: hoping and praying everything is going ok.

dreamofdaughter
January 28th, 2020, 02:24 PM
Thank you all. Good luck tily, thinking of you. Going to ask for an early scan.

I wish the nausea was reassuring but I was so nauseas last time. It was all a red herring.

tillytys
February 6th, 2020, 07:15 AM
How are you feeling dod? My scan went well and so far we are still ticking way on schedule at 14 weeksish now which is promising :)

atomic sagebrush
February 6th, 2020, 01:06 PM
Yes, I'm hoping that everything is going well!!

dreamofdaughter
February 26th, 2020, 01:03 PM
Another loss. This one was at least not drawn out.

DH is done and I don't feel done but I have to accept his wishes. I can understand he wants to close this chapter now.

The worst part is a few days after the loss, I found out my SIL who has been doing IVF is expecting.

mommymachine
February 26th, 2020, 02:21 PM
I’m so sorry.

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2020, 03:29 PM
Oh no I'm so sorry to read this. Wishing you peace of mind. :heart: