PDA

View Full Version : Probably AF right

djmommy
January 24th, 2020, 09:18 PM
Well...just trying to figure things out as usual. Atomic you know my situation, but had a chemical in Nov. Have had numerous, days on end of LH surges, positive opks. I haven't really been able to confirm ovulation.
Opks have been negative the past few days. Was negative this morning, took another and they have been positive the rest of the day. Now I have started spotting this morning mainly when I wipe and use a liner so I figured it was CD 1. But just wanted to make sure I wasn't ovulating and wondering if I should BD just in the rare case. I don't know. 42345

djmommy
January 24th, 2020, 09:21 PM

tillytys
January 25th, 2020, 03:32 AM
They definitely see positive for something dont they?? Have you ever had bleeding at ovulation before, is it a thing? Sorry I cant be ofmore help, good luck :)

djmommy
January 25th, 2020, 09:12 AM
Well definitely AF! I'm glad this long drawn out cycle is over! It's made me crazy!

atomic sagebrush
January 25th, 2020, 12:25 PM
It's really common to get positive OPK while you have AF.

atomic sagebrush
January 25th, 2020, 12:26 PM
But of course it's always best to BD just in case.

djmommy
January 27th, 2020, 01:39 PM
So you said its normal to have positive opk while having AF? But why? And how do I know when it's a real surge ? Lol42353
CD 4 today

atomic sagebrush
January 27th, 2020, 02:36 PM
You don't. You aren't going to be able to tell when there's an actual surge if the tests are staying positive out of the fertile window. I do not think the OPK are helping you in any way other than adding stress and you would be better off dropping them from here on in. I think they're simply making you stressed out and telling you absolutely nothing of any relevance.

The reason why some people get OPK during or right after AF is because your body uses the hormones for lots of things and sometimes it detects a strong concentration in the urine when it's doing other stuff.

djmommy
January 28th, 2020, 01:52 PM
Sorry I'm sure my posts are super annoying, it's just been frustrating on me.
Gonna take a break
Thanks again for answering all my posts

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2020, 12:38 PM
I know, I can't even imagine how frustrating. I'm sorry if that was too short an answer, I wish I had better ability to know what is going on from here. :heart: