PDA

View Full Version : Boosting egg quality

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2011, 07:51 PM
UPDATED 12-22-17 Please note that many things that have once been rumored to boost egg quality have really not proven very helpful and actually have messed up people's cycles as well. It is not a good trade to take a supplement that is doing nothing for your egg health while it simultaneously makes your cycle really long and your luteal phase really short! Proceed with great caution, the best change you can make is switching over to the atomic fertility diet and you can find that here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-a-girl-best-practices/1865-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-1-blood-sugar-issues.html?1865-Swaying-under-special-circumstances-Part-1-Blood-sugar-issues=

This is just a general information question for ANYONE worried about declining egg quality due to age. Please note, most of these things sway blue in a fully fertile person, but if you're having trouble getting pregnant due to age or other fertility challenges, you may NEED to improve your egg quality just to get pregnant at all...if you can't get pregnant, you will have NO chance at your DG.

It takes about 90 days for an egg to develop to maturity and be released. That's three months during which you really can improve the health of your egg.

LIFESTYLE - Drink plenty of water.

Exercise 30 minutes a day 4 days a week minimum, 45 minutes a day 6 days a week maximum. More is not better for fertility, even if you're very fit. (please note it may sway pink to get more exercise than that.)

Get plenty of sleep.

Get 10-20 minutes of direct sun a day.

Do not smoke, drink, or take drugs.

Acupuncture, acupressure, reflexology, yoga, and massage may help. Tell your care provider that you are interested in boosting your fertility.

DIET - Eat a wholesome, balanced diet with lots of organic fruits and vegetables (9 servings a day) of many different colors, whole grains, and organic lean meats, grass fed if possible. Meat should be eaten in moderation and do NOT barbeque, as it can create chemicals that are detrimental to health. Eat fish twice a week, ONLY wild fish and avoid fish that are known to contain high levels of mercury. Shellfish are often sources of high levels of agricultural runoff and should be avoided.

Full fat dairy has been proven to improve fertility - look for organic dairy without added hormones. NO SKIM DAIRY at all period. Skim dairy is one of the worst things for fertility!

Eat foods with good fats in them. In addition to fish, eggs, nuts, avocado, olive oil are all good sources of good fats. NO FLAXSEED OIL as it has been proven unsafe when pregnant and we don't know how long the effects last. Flaxseed and flax meal only in dietary amounts only no more than 2-3 days per week.

Eat whole grains and plenty of fiber.

Wheatgrass juice is a great fertility booster BUT please limit to 2-3 servings per week only. Wheatgrass supplements should be avoided by blue swayers in particular as they have seemed to sway pink for those who were using them and also seem to be associated with people who just didn't get pregnant for no good reason.

Soy products and alfalfa sprouts should be avoided as they can affect fertility in a negative way.

Avoid or limit sugar and partially hydrogenated vegetable oils. Even natural sugar like fruit juice should be limited. Whole fruits are fine because they have fiber in them that slows down your body's insulin response. Artificial sugars should also be avoided.

Cut caffeine or better yet, avoid it entirely.

SUPPLEMENTS

Folic Acid - this should be number one on the list of EVERYONE TTC. 800 mcg minimum, I prefer 1200-2000, up to 4000 mcg if you have a history of neural tube defects. Larger doses may be utilized best by the body if it's broken up into 4 parts and taken 4 times a day. Should be taken throughout the first trimester and then weaned off slowly.

Folate - folate is a better used form of folic acid. If you have MTHFR mutation, history of unexplained losses, or autism in your family please use only folate.

More information about folic acid and folate is here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-a-girl-best-practices/62405-fabulous-fasting-fantastic-fiber-fhenominal-folate.html#post959026

Zinc - 8 mg is the RDA for women. Oysters are commonly suggested as sources of zinc, but they are laden with agricultural runoff and may impact fertility negatively. You can take this amount throughout pregnancy. 8-15 mg daily

B6 - this vitamin helps with your luteal phase. 100 mg is believed to be safe for those TTC and even throughout the first trimester, but some people find that 50 or even 25 mg works for lengthening their LP. Should be weaned off slowly, but you can take it throughout pregnancy. PLEASE NOTE I have found B6 to make tons of trouble by delaying ovulation and it really rarely even helps those with a short luteal phase anyway. The best cure for a short luteal phase is more dairy fat, eggs, and salmon. B6 hardly ever helps and generally creates more problems for people.

Vitamin A, C, D, E, and calcium, are all believed to help with fertility. A good prenatal multivitamin will meet your needs of these and other vitamins and minerals. Vitamin A can be dangerous in large doses and so you should def. stick to the amount in your multivitamin. Vit. C in high doses has been used to induce miscarriage! Of course, a prenatal vitamin should be taken throughout pregnancy. Do not take megadoses of these nutrients, no more than 100% DRV. The exception is Vitamin D which is now believed to be safe up to 1000 IU without a doctor's input. Some doctors will have you take even more but stick with 1000 IU only if you're taking this on your own.

L-Arginine - this is an amino acid that improves blood flow to the reproductive organs and may help with implantation. For now, it's best to take prior to TTC and only AF-O if you're actively trying. PLEASE NOTE we have seen terrible results with this. It raises testosterone, which can make your cycle go berserk, and worse, high testosterone in women delays ovulation, shortens luteal phase, and actually worsens egg quality. I can no longer ever recommend L-arginine for anyone (you can give it to your husband though if you are swaying blue!) L-arginine is in Fertile CM which is a product I also cannot ever recommend for anyone any more.

PABA - this is a chemical related to B vitamins. It's not normally included in multivitamins. Some research shows that it may help boost egg quality but this is rather tentative. Do not take more than 400 mg a day, and it may be best utilized by the body if you take it in 4 doses, 100 mg 4 times a day. Wean off slowly during the first trimester.

Grapeseed extract, cranberry extract, pomegranate extract, lycopene, reservatrol, green tea, and other similar supplements - these are a source of phytochemicals and antioxidants that your body may use to help nourish healthy eggs. In dietary amounts, these are safe to take (not massive swaying amounts, just take the recommended amount on the bottle). Green tea may reduce the levels of folic acid your body can absorb, so if you want to try green tea, up your folic acid intake. Green tea in particular has also really messed up people's menstrual cycles and has delayed ovulation, use with caution.

ALA - Alpha Lipoic Acid - an antioxidant that may help protect DNA from damage during cell division. Believed to be safe throughout pregnancy and may help your baby's brain development.

CoQ10 - another antioxidant to help protect that precious DNA. Believed safe during pregnancy, but there is little information known. It is a rare supplement in that it seems to help with both pink and blue sways. The ubiquinol form is best (although more expensive.) Take anywhere from 100 to 600 mg and then wean off gradually at positive pregnancy test.

Pycogenol - antioxidant. It is recommended that women NOT take it during the first trimester, so only take prior to TTC, and AF-O when you're TTC.

Royal Jelly, bee pollen, bee propolis - antioxidants and contain antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. These are allegedly great for fertility, but if you or anyone in your household is prone to insect allergies (even if you have never had an allergic reaction to bees before), it is probably best to skip these. EVERYTHING beneficial in them is present in other sources such as proteins, fats, and nutrients already in your prenatal or multivitamin. Have also really messed up people's cycles badly. I cannot recommend the bee products for anyone.

DIM - take 100-200 mg per day. This is a chemical found in cruciferous vegetables that can help lower estrogen and maybe testosterone as well. May sway pink. This is another unknown, so it is best to take only prior to TTC/AF-O in months you are trying..

Essential Fatty Acids - include Evening Primrose Oil, fish oil, DHA supplements. Your body uses these oils as building blocks for the hormones that trigger ovulation and maintain pregnancy. In reasonable amounts (as suggested on the bottle), they are safe to take throughout pregnancy, with the exception of Evening Primrose Oil because it contains prostaglandins that may cause contractions and your cervix to soften. PLEASE NOTE - Evening Primrose Oil has seemed to make tons of opposites for us with blue sways - people who wanted boys, but got girls. I can no longer recommend EPO for anyone swaying blue. Also, no flaxseed oil for anyone at all ever as it's been proven unsafe during pregnancy and we do not know how long the effects last. (even if your midwife recommends it, please please please do not take flaxseed oil during pregnancy and do not ingest flaxseeds or flax meal more than 2-3 times per week)

IMPORTANT NOTE - taking more than 500 mg of any essential fatty acid supplements have acted as strong blood thinners for us, causing bleeding, bruising, and possibly causing or contributing to miscarriage. More is not better. 500 mg max on these.

Maca Root Powder - This root seems to help restore normal hormonal function. Different manufacturers suggest different dosages, but despite this, Maca seems very promising as a fertility booster. It IS really considered a food, and you can put it into smoothies rather than swallowing it in capsules, but for safety's sake, once you get a BFP, you should phase it out of your diet. Please note - we have experienced some very bizarre side effects such as hallucinations and really weird dreams while people were on Maca. It also messed up people's cycles. Cannot recommend this one.

Vitex - If you take only one herb to aid fertility, make it this one. Increases LH while decreasing FSH, and helps to lengthen luteal phase and restore ovulation while breastfeeding. This is great for us older ladies who have high FSH. Some people find it works for them on only 400 mg, some 800. Best if taken only AF-O even in the months prior to TTC. Taking it every day throughout your cycle has actually caused infertility, so just take it AF-O. If your cycle is regular, it may make it longer and harder to pinpoint ovulation. May sway pink. PLEASE NOTE - vitex has caused tons of trouble for us and I really can't recommend it for that reason alone.

Melatonin - I cannot recommend melatonin for anyone except those doing IVF/PGD who will have their egg retrieval done and then their eggs frozen for future FET. Even though melatonin has been shown to be helpful to egg quality, it may cause developmental delays when taken during pregnancy. And since it's a natural hormone, you can't just quit taking it at ovulation or at BFP because your body needs it when you become pregnant. You have to wean off it gradually and it's unsafe to do so when pregnant, yet continuing with it may harm your baby! So please, unless you will have several months between when your eggs are retrieved for IVF and when you'll be pregnant, no melatonin! I cannot recommend it for natural conceptions or for IVF rounds with fresh transfers the same month you've taken it.

DHEA - While DHEA may help egg quality for some, it is only those who have lower than normal DHEA levels. Other people's egg quality will be actively harmed by DHEA because it will raise your testosterone levels, delaying ovulation, shortening LP, and worsening egg quality. Only people who have had their DHEA levels tested by a doctor or who are over 40 (and even this is at your own risk, ladies) should take DHEA. And be sure you wean off it at BFP. This also may sway blue so be aware this is a risk if you're a pink swayer.

There are various other proprietary herbal fertility blends that may help improve egg quality, but they all seem to contain some combination of the above ingredients and usually cost WAY more.

lindi
January 18th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Ooo! Under massage I know of a technique called Mayan massage (in ancient mayan culture, the uterus was the center of the body, and they did all body healing through a specific abdominal massage)... it is amazing, and I did it before my pregnancy with DS. https://arvigotherapy.com/

atomic sagebrush
January 18th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Yes, they have a fertility massage DVD that I have seen for sale but it's $30!!!! I"m thinking of buying it and then just doing the nutshell version for everyone.

nuthinbutpink
January 18th, 2011, 09:43 PM
There is always DHEA too. I guess it would sway boy, but the study at CNY is impressive and I took it to help with my own egg quality and it worked wonders!

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I was going to do a little more research on DHEA before including it! Thank you!

nuthinbutpink
January 19th, 2011, 12:48 PM
DHEA is commonly available in health food stores, pharmacies, and many groceries. DHEA is a steroid hormone made by the adrenal glands that acts on the body much like testosterone and is converted into testosterone and estrogen. DHEA and its sulfate (DHEAS) are abundant in the body, but their normal roles are not fully understood.

According to WholeHealthMD, "before starting to take DHEA supplements, have a blood test to determine your present level of this hormone. Only proceed if your level is low; healthy people under age 50 rarely need to take DHEA. Have another blood test three weeks after taking DHEA to determine if a satisfactory DHEA blood level has been reached. Once within the normal range, revert to a maintenance dose of DHEA (typically 5 to 10 mg a week)."

Blood levels of DHEA and DHEAS decline with age.

This is the link to the study - http://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/premature_ovaries.html

I took it because I had horrible pretesting for IVF, was only 34 and had signs or DOR. It is not something to just "add" to your list of supplements. If you have PCOS, you should not take it because you already have elevated T levels.

I know of one natural pregnancy on IG and another IVFer that took it and is currently pregnant after a failed cycle.

Yuzu
February 15th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Thank you for this list! Since I'm old (lol) it will be very helpful for me. I've been doing my own research, but it's nice to have everything in the same place.

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I remember reading on an "other" forum that a woman that had an interview with a fertility doctor said that resveratrol should be taken to help with your egg quality. He recommends this to his patients.

I have been taking Dr. Mercola's Purple Defense that has resveratrol in it: http://products.mercola.com/purple-defense/ . He has a list of ingredients on the bottom of the page when you click on the bottles.

I am assuming I need to stop taking that too for swaying for a girl... What will I ever do without all my supplements??? :sigh:

I agree about reservatrol and I edited the essay to include that. Thank you!

Yes, prob. better to not take that one either for pink.

Bella21
March 24th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I'm so grateful for the information about taking Pycogenol from AF to O only. I never knew that, and for many cycles have been taking it every day. I am 3dpo today and will not take it again now during the tww. Thank you!

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Once upon a time ages ago, I remember Tamara telling someone that salmon was the best fish to eat for pink. I tried really hard to look it up on IG but got monkeys.

I feel wary about salmon because I know it's a fatty fish with a lot of good fat in it and I would ~personally~ go with a whitefleshed fish like cod or tilapia. I do know that for ANY fish you are supposed to poach it in water to reduce the sodium before eating it.

My mom always said that salmon had a lot of calcium but that was canned salmon with the bones in it and that has a lot of sodium and should be avoided.

I HATE telling people not to take Omega 3's when they are trying to conceive. But I do think it's the best way for pink. That is a HUGE part of why I want people to quit worrying about timing and get pg as quick as they can, because some of this stuff is just NOT good for you or your baby when it is done over long periods of time. I took the DHA Enfamil Expecta vitamins when I was TTC, they are plant based sources of DHA. I did have an opposite, but I really have no regrets about taking them because he's smart!

ALA probably should be avoided but you know, you gotta do what feels right in your gut. I think that if you don't take something, you're not going to feel good about it and NO ONE should go against what their gut is telling them in terms of swaying because if God forbid something does go wrong you will always look back and wonder whether it was swaying that did it and it will haunt you forever (and believe me I know this only too well.)

What if you ate fish one day a week and then walnuts 2 other days a week (one of the best sources of ALA), and then be sure that on those days you ate less protein to make up for it? That would give you enough fatty acids for health while still sending that message to your body that times were lean. You could also use butter or olive oil in cooking and get some healthy fat that way. As long as you're sending the message that less food is available, you're swaying, even if some of those foods are healthy.

Layla
June 29th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Thanks for this atomic this is great. Another very important supplement that I have not seen anyone mention on this forum or IG is iodine. I don't know about the states but in Oz there is chronic deficiency of iodine in people. It is absolutely vital for brain development of bubs. According to my doctor up to 10 points on the IQ scale can be added or subtracted depending on the mother's iodine levels during pregnancy. Iodine used to be found in dairy but is not anymore as the way dairy is processed has changed. It is sometimes added to salt. So for those swaying blue (and especially if they are not taking their pre-natals) it is vital that they either use iodinised salt or use i-folic for their folate supplement. For those swaying pink because they do not eat much salt they should probably take their prenatals as well as an extra i-folic tablet. When pregnant with my DD2 my doctor tested my iodine levels and I was chroniclly deficient!!! That was because I never added salt to any of my food. And this is despite the fact that I love sushi and ate a lot of sushi-rolls (with vegetables and cooked chicken of course during pregnancy) and sea weed is the best source of iodine. So ladies you must take your iodine supp. Atomic I really think you should add this to your essay or future advice (unless it is mentioned somewhere else). I was taking 2 i-folic tablets a day for 2 months before my levels were restored. It is especially important for the 2nd and 3rd term of pregnancy.

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2011, 11:03 AM
Thank you so much for this info Layla!!

I will do some research and see if it improves overall egg health - at the very least I see a strong need for a "pregnancy supps after swaying" article :agree:

I don't think ANYONE should eat either super low or super high sodium during pregnancy.

In MOST parts of the world you get sufficient levels of iodine through eating fruits and vegetables and in our modern world with fruits and veg shipped in from around the world, most of us are probably getting enough (or will get enough if you follow the low-everything/high-everything or FGD diets for pink and blue.) However, those who are following the IG diet may want to look into iodine supps.

Iodine supps for all may not be the best idea though because too much iodine can be dangerous as well and can destroy your thyroid. In the US most salt is iodized and has been since 1924. 70% of all households around the world already use iodized salt.

Your body stores iodine in your thyroid gland and it takes some time to become deficient via diet, so pink swayers shouldn't worry too much about being on a pink diet for a few months. Also, cow's milk has iodine in it.

Layla
July 2nd, 2011, 08:16 AM
Atomic here is a link about iodine deficiency in Australia:
http://www.abc.net.au/health/thepulse/stories/2005/11/03/1496781.htm

All obs here now recommend that women either take pre-natals or i-folic as a supplement. There is no more iodine in milk (unless you drink a litre a day) as they have changed the way they clean the milk containers where milk is processed. You are right though it probably should go in post-pregnancy supplements rather than egg quality.

atomic sagebrush
July 2nd, 2011, 11:35 AM
My understanding of iodine in milk/dairy is that the cows ingest at least SOME iodine via diet...this is why drinking milk from irradiated areas can be so dangerous, because the cows ingest the radioactive iodine and it comes out in their milk. I did read that there is less iodine in milk due to changing practices, but there is still some.

Not trying to quibble over particulars, because I think you're absolutely correct to raise the alarm about this and I'm going to post about it in both pink and blue. I just don't want people to panic unnecessarily. For most swayers, pink and blue, they are getting enough iodine pre-pregnancy and I totally agree with you that it's a great idea to add in iodine after a BFP and beforehand for blue swayers.

LolaInLove
July 8th, 2011, 11:23 AM
FWIW, I was recommended a red krill oil supp called Anstaxanthin: http://www.beta-glucan-info.com/astaxanthin-questions-answers.htm which I've added to my antioxidant regimen for egg health. May be similar to the one you guys are talking about above.

mariposa
February 17th, 2013, 02:35 PM
I have a question about the 90 days that take an egg to mature, since most of the time, after stopping BCP (even if it has been taken for many years) the ovulation can occur before than 90 days, so how could it happens if it hasn´t completed the maturing process? :think: Isn´t the FSH hormone who start the process of develop of several follicules a few days after AF until one of them release? so, what about this 90 days before?
I ask it because I wouldn´t like to take BCP and think that I´ll cathc an inmature or a poor quality one if now I stop my own egg production through BCP. I want a healthy baby , boy or girl over of all.:awe:

Mamato3?
October 2nd, 2014, 12:10 PM
So I just tried to buy the supplements suggested on Amazon but unfortunately only the multivitamin is available to be shipped here.
I have found a local company here which is considered a very good one and they have a supplement that combines EPO/Flaxseed oil/Fish oil with the following mgs per capsule: EPO:300mg, Flaxseed:400mg, Fish oil:500mg. Also a CoQ10 product that has 30mg per capsule.
Are they enough to sway?
I'll also take fresh royal jelly and unfortunately we don't have folate here, only folic acid..
I also cannot find the quifenesin here, but I'll order pre-seed so could this be a good enough substitude?

atomic sagebrush
October 7th, 2014, 01:09 PM
I have a question about the 90 days that take an egg to mature, since most of the time, after stopping BCP (even if it has been taken for many years) the ovulation can occur before than 90 days, so how could it happens if it hasn´t completed the maturing process? :think: Isn´t the FSH hormone who start the process of develop of several follicules a few days after AF until one of them release? so, what about this 90 days before?
I ask it because I wouldn´t like to take BCP and think that I´ll cathc an inmature or a poor quality one if now I stop my own egg production through BCP. I want a healthy baby , boy or girl over of all.:awe:

Sorry this is an old question but wanted to answer - the eggs are often in development when on BCP and just kind of frozen in place and/or they develop and then are simply reabsorbed.

atomic sagebrush
October 7th, 2014, 01:12 PM
So I just tried to buy the supplements suggested on Amazon but unfortunately only the multivitamin is available to be shipped here.
I have found a local company here which is considered a very good one and they have a supplement that combines EPO/Flaxseed oil/Fish oil with the following mgs per capsule: EPO:300mg, Flaxseed:400mg, Fish oil:500mg. Also a CoQ10 product that has 30mg per capsule.
Are they enough to sway?
I'll also take fresh royal jelly and unfortunately we don't have folate here, only folic acid..
I also cannot find the quifenesin here, but I'll order pre-seed so could this be a good enough substitude?

I would try to find one without the flaxseed. I am not a fan of flaxseed overall.

30 mg coq10 is fine. I'd take 2 or 3 over the course of the day.

I don't recommend royal jelly any more, just take a B complex vitamin (or this will be in your multivitamin already)

Folic acid is fine.

Guanefesin and PReseed are two different things, but either one will help. Try looking in the cough/cold medicine aisle.

Mamato3?
October 7th, 2014, 02:50 PM
AS thank you for your time!
Unfortunately i cannot find guanefesin in Greece at any form sirup or tabs.
I'll try to find it at european amazon.

atomic sagebrush
December 22nd, 2017, 02:17 PM
bumping this updated thread, I get lots of questions on this

honeybee
January 21st, 2018, 10:05 AM
Does the egg continue to grow up until ovulation? For instance, if I ovulate on cd 14, is there still a chance for the egg to get a boost in size on cd 13?

atomic sagebrush
January 21st, 2018, 10:25 AM
Well, the follicle it comes out of still grows.

I'm not totally sure what you're asking me here? The egg is a single cell and that doesn't change.

honeybee
January 21st, 2018, 10:59 AM
Well, the follicle it comes out of still grows.

I'm not totally sure what you're asking me here? The egg is a single cell and that doesn't change.

Sorry, I meant in size. When I did my last clomid cycle it was 15mm on cd 12. Then I went back and it was 19mm or so in three days and they were impressed and asked what I had been doing. I said nothing, eating lots of salads with avocado because it was the special of the week. Is the follicle fully baked by a day or so before it’s time to ovulate is what I’m trying to ask?

atomic sagebrush
January 23rd, 2018, 05:13 PM
It's actually not the eggs exactly. Here's a really good explanation! What Are Follicles? Not Eggs! (http://www.inviafertility.com/blog/embryology/draniruddhamalpani/eggs-are-not-follicles/)

But yeah the follicles do need to be a certain size, and they do grow right up to ovulation so you can't tell a few days ahead of time what the end result will be.

emshe
June 21st, 2018, 04:15 AM
Whats your thoughts on fertility massage when trying to conceive pink atomic?

atomic sagebrush
June 22nd, 2018, 01:54 PM
I am skeptical as to the efficacy of it but if you want to give it a try, I have no problem with it.

~IF~ it works it ~may~ sway blue but I really do doubt it does a whole lot.

emshe
June 23rd, 2018, 03:40 AM
I am skeptical as to the efficacy of it but if you want to give it a try, I have no problem with it.

~IF~ it works it ~may~ sway blue but I really do doubt it does a whole lot.

I’ll probably stick with a normal massage just to try to relax my mind/soul then, thanks atomic

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35220b

atomic sagebrush
June 23rd, 2018, 10:20 AM
I honestly think it is that element (the feeling of being cared for and that deep relaxation) that helps with conception anyway. All the "fertility massage" and acupuncture is accomplishing is that. U could have a facial or even something small like having your hair washed and I suspect it would do the exact same thing.

emshe
June 24th, 2018, 06:01 AM
I honestly think it is that element (the feeling of being cared for and that deep relaxation) that helps with conception anyway. All the "fertility massage" and acupuncture is accomplishing is that. U could have a facial or even something small like having your hair washed and I suspect it would do the exact same thing.

So for swaying girl, is anything too relaxing not such a good idea?
Don’t want to look back and say that’s because I had a massage if it’s a sway opposite [emoji51]

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35220b

atomic sagebrush
June 24th, 2018, 03:56 PM
No no, I don't mean like THAT kind of boosting conception, LOL. I mean just that sometimes when we are TTC (and esp. when swaying) and people don't get pregnant for some unknown reason, it may help to have a few moments a week where we feel cared for and can just have a quiet mind and heart for a little while. Regular massage should be enough to destress and feel like someone is looking out for us which is a huge stress reducer and I believe that is beneficial for getting pregnant when we haven't in the past.