PDA

View Full Version : Can what breasts do in the first trimester mean anything?

CoralRoses
March 27th, 2020, 02:59 AM
Reason as I ask is this time they have been painful and double in size from the very beginning, just like they were with my son.

With my daughter, they didnt do much at all, only started to grow well into the second trimester but were never painful like this especially not in first trimester.

Making me think I have another boy on board! Xx

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2020, 09:25 AM
No. You don't even have any difference in hormones between boys and girls until the end of the first trimester.

I had differences in breast pain with my individual BOY pregnancies too. Same gender, different experiences.

FandJsmom
July 4th, 2020, 04:40 PM
No. You don't even have any difference in hormones between boys and girls until the end of the first trimester.

I had differences in breast pain with my individual BOY pregnancies too. Same gender, different experiences.

So question on this, if symptoms seem to start around 9-10 weeks, do you think that’s indicative of a boy? I saw in another post that Y chromosome is dormant until around 10 weeks. Just asking because I feel like my tiredness, nausea, sore breasts have just gotten worse (I’m 10w1d), but attempted to sway girl.

atomic sagebrush
July 5th, 2020, 01:13 PM
No, that is not indicative of a boy. The fetus makes microscopic amounts of testosterone at that point. Testosterone is NOT what is making pregnancy symptoms. It's a fraction of what will be made in the second tri.

It is normal to have a surge in symptoms at that point (right before they get better.) I absolutely experienced that with my daughter.

FandJsmom
July 5th, 2020, 02:56 PM
No, that is not indicative of a boy. The fetus makes microscopic amounts of testosterone at that point. Testosterone is NOT what is making pregnancy symptoms. It's a fraction of what will be made in the second tri.

It is normal to have a surge in symptoms at that point (right before they get better.) I absolutely experienced that with my daughter.

Ok thanks!!!!

baby_deku_scrub
July 5th, 2020, 09:42 PM
Reason as I ask is this time they have been painful and double in size from the very beginning, just like they were with my son.

With my daughter, they didnt do much at all, only started to grow well into the second trimester but were never painful like this especially not in first trimester.

I had the exact same experience with my son and daughter! So even though I know symptoms don't mean anything, I'm still sorta convinced that my boobs will tell me the sex again lol :p

This thread is a few months old, any updates?

Bobster
July 8th, 2020, 05:00 PM
Mine were a lot more sore and I over produced milk after birth with daughter. No soreness with boys and didn’t overproduce with them either. Probably just a coincidence though.

I heard that mums produce different levels of nutrients in their milk depending on gender of baby... not sure if it’s true though! It was on a documentary.

atomic sagebrush
July 9th, 2020, 11:23 AM
Mine were a lot more sore and I over produced milk after birth with daughter. No soreness with boys and didn’t overproduce with them either. Probably just a coincidence though.

I heard that mums produce different levels of nutrients in their milk depending on gender of baby... not sure if it’s true though! It was on a documentary.

It actually is true but that doesn't equate to anything noticeably different about the nursing experience in any way. :)