PDA

View Full Version : Temperature drop????

Hobbermittens
January 29th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I stopped temping a few days ago. But today I am sick, so I took my temp to make sure I didn't have a fever--and my temp was really low--97.5! Does that mean I am miscarrying? :(

I took a pregnancy test, and it turned positive right away, the line being just as dark as the control line....I am not spotting or anything, but I haven't had many symptoms yet, either (I am only about 5 weeks along I think).

I'm really worried! :worry:

Hobbermittens
January 29th, 2012, 06:10 PM
So I thought it might be low because I have been a mouth breather with my stuffy nose, so I took it vaginally and it was 99.6.... can I trust this? I am NOT sticking my BBT in my butt to get a rectal reading!!!!

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2012, 06:10 PM
It is probably because you're sick and nothing more than that. The dark pos is a great sign! :pray: that all is ok.

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Oh that makes perfect sense!!!

Hobbermittens
January 29th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Oh that makes perfect sense!!!

So can I go by the vag. temp, then?

Mochagirl
January 29th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I have no advice, but I just wanted to offer a hug for all the stress you're feeling :hugs:. I'm sure everything's ok.

Hobbermittens
January 29th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks mocha!

Journey2dFuture
February 2nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
HM - I was always told to STOP temping once you get pregnant with the hormone racing it can throw you off,
Don't stress you and the baby don't need it.. *hugs* Stay strong.. If your super worried go get some bloods done or an ultrasound :)

Hobbermittens
February 2nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Thanks WD. I am fine. I think it was because I was sick and mouth breathing. :) I haven't been temping anymore because you are right, it can drive you crazy.

Cinss
February 2nd, 2012, 05:28 PM
With temps, i think you have to be consistant with the placement and the time, so if you usually take it at 6am in your mouth, you will see a slight difference if you take it at 7am vaginally.