PDA

View Full Version : 2 losses within 7 months

g.pooja812
June 1st, 2020, 03:30 PM
Hi Atomic and everyone,

Hope you all are doing good. I am new to this app as my friend gave me the reference for this app. I am here for help ! I have 2 reoccurent losses within 7 months. My DH was born on feb 2013 and I didn’t have any issues in concieveing her, though she was born in 36 weeks but she was perfectly healthy. I started TTC again since 2018 and got successful in June 2019. However it ended up in misscarriage as it was a blighted ovum. I had to go for a D&C as it didn’t pass out naturally. I was so broken. Now in March 2020 I again got lucky and conceived . This time baby was there and heart beat was there at around 8 weeks however baby was measuring 1 weeks behind also they saw an enlarged yolk sac. My doc didn’t show any concern as she said baby has a good heart beat of 117. They asked to go for a follow up ultrasound after one week just to make sure that baby is growing as I am a high risk patient due to my high bp and age. Unfortunately in follow up ultrasound we lost the heartbeat as baby stopped growing. I was heart broken . I had to go for a D&C once again as I didn’t have any symptoms of misscarriage. I had second D&C on 1st May 2020 . This time we asked for baby tissue chromose testing and we got to know that it was a boy with Trisommy 22. Our genetic testing came out to be Normal. They will do more testing once I get my first cycle. I am help for some suggestion and support whether I can ever be a mother again! What I am doing wrong ! What shall I do before planning again. Forgot to mention I am based out in US. I will be 38 in July. I am taking nifedipine for my high blood pressure. Also I am on Thyroid medication. Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance!

Pooja

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
June 2nd, 2020, 12:25 PM
You aren't doing anything wrong. A blighted ovum and Trisomy 22 are totally different things caused by random chance.

Your age is not insurmountable. I had my 3rd boy at 37, 4th boy at 39, and my daughter at 41.

The best thing you can do is take the medicines that your doc prescribes and to eat right and exercise a bit if at all possible.

What kind of diet are you following?

g.pooja812
June 2nd, 2020, 01:51 PM
Thanks for your reply! I do take vegetarian diet. Sometimes chicken and eggs. I tried to eat healthy as much as can due to my high bp. If you suggest me some good diet for a good quality egg and sperm that will be great. I will also ask my husband to follow. I weight around 122 lbs and height around 5”1 inches. I was doing everything that I could do. Can it be just a bad quality or sperm for this kind of abnormalities?. I really appreciate your reply.

atomic sagebrush
June 2nd, 2020, 06:04 PM
A vegetarian diet, as long as you're not eating too many carbs, will help your health and your blood pressure. Don't go overboard on your carb intake. I would like to see you eat at least one serving of full fat dairy every day.

If your husband is also a vegetarian he should try not to eat very much soy. 2-3 times per week on soy for both of you.

Your weight is pretty good, so try to hold steady on that. I would also like to see you do exercise - both weights and cardio are good for fertility.

Trisomy 22 can come from the egg or the sperm. A blighted ovum is believed by most scientists to be something going wrong in the very early stages of pregnancy, just from random chance, but possibly triggered by a problem with the egg or sperm. They can happen to anyone at any time. There are millions of cell divisions that have to happen perfectly and if a mistake happens (which can happen all the time) and it can't correct itself and since the embryo is not developing normally, no baby ever forms.

Everyone asks themselves why they had a loss (and even more so with two losses). It is a very normal reaction to a terrible thing happening. But most losses are just completely random, nothing you did or didn't do, they just happen. It is hard to accept because accepting that means it could possibly happen again. But your losses being unrelated, both just bad luck, indicates that you still have every chance of having a healthy pregnancy the next time through.

g.pooja812
June 2nd, 2020, 07:31 PM
Your reply really give me hopes and some positive vibes, I must say you are so kind[emoji4]. Exercise I don’t do much as if I exert myself my bp shoots up though my looking for some resources to do light exercises. Please suggest some to me if you can may be some links. I am more concerned about Trisomy 22 though my doc said and I said it’s just a bad luck. I am going for AMH test today check the egg reserve and also they are going to a sonohysotgram to check my uterus and to make sure that there is no scar tissues and abnormality which is causing misscarriages. My husband is also going to get the sperm test done to see the quality of Sperm. We are trying our level best to have another child as my daughter really feels alone and ask for a sibling. Do you think anything else needs to be done here? I am having hard time to handle my depression at this point of time to looking for some support groups. Thank you so much once again for all your help.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2020, 11:04 AM
But it's normal for your BP to go up when exercising, and then it goes down when you're done. Overall your blood pressure will go down from exercising. You should really talk to your doctor about this, because it is GOOD for people with high blood pressure to exercise, and s/he can put your mind at ease about your BP rising with exercise. That is normal and will only help you have a healthy pregnancy.

Both of your losses were from bad luck. I think it's fine to check your egg reserve and hubby's sperm count, but it's very unlikely that this is related to any scar tissue (in that case the baby would be genetically normal and it would just be lost for no apparent reason) I do want you to understand that some doctors are very critical of egg quality over 35 or so. This doesn't mean you cannot still have a baby. They tend to be very negative towards older moms because that was what they were taught in medical school, but the vast majority of women can have healthy pregnancies even into their early 40's. So don't despair even if they tell you that your egg reserve/quality is lower - it is normal to have reduced egg reserves at 38 and you can still conceive.

g.pooja812
June 3rd, 2020, 11:16 AM
Thank you so much dear.. I feel good. I know sometimes they take age a big challenge but I myself has been my delivering at the age of 40 to 42 with healthy babies . Could you please suggest some good diet plans for me.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2020, 03:08 PM
I would suggest you follow a lower carb diet like South Beach, Perfect Health Diet, or Protein Power Plan. You are looking for a diet with about 30% carbs, 40% protein, and 30% fat (using healthy fats to get the majority of your fat intake) DON"T cut out carbs totally - I don't want you on a keto type diet as those are not good for people's fertility either.

Have full fat dairy only, NO SKIM DAIRY, whole grains (avoid white refined grains whenever possible), and no sugar. Fresh fruit and vegetables, nuts, legumes, and lean meats are fine.

g.pooja812
June 3rd, 2020, 05:02 PM
That sounds great! Will definitely try that. As I am new to this forum could you please guide the group where I connect to other ladies who are also trying after such looses.

atomic sagebrush
June 4th, 2020, 01:27 PM
We have a couple forums - one for women over 35 here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/later-moms/
and one for those TTC after a Loss: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-after-a-loss/

We have many people in this same boat right now so just start a couple threads and people will chime in! :)

g.pooja812
June 4th, 2020, 11:36 PM
Thank you so much ! I will connect there too , I am sure that will really help me with my TTC journey. Also I was just going through my old reports from last year in March and found out that my AMH level was 2.65. Do you think I might have less egg reserved right now? I

atomic sagebrush
June 5th, 2020, 02:55 PM
AMH does decline over time but it is a gradual thing and we have no reason to believe it's drastically lower now than it was last year. That's a perfectly normal AMH for someone in your age range. :)

g.pooja812
June 7th, 2020, 12:28 AM
Thank you so much Atomic!
I am going for another AMH test when I get my periods as didn’t get it yet after D&C. Is there any food I can take to increase the quantity and quality of eggs. Also could you please let me know if can take folic acid along with prenatal which already has folic acid?

atomic sagebrush
June 7th, 2020, 11:39 AM
Yes, you can absolutely take folic acid or folate in greater amounts than what is in your prenatal.

Eating a lower carb, but not very low carb diet is great for your eggs. Foods in and of themselves aren't really very effective, but of course eating foods like avocado, walnuts, full fat dairy, eggs, dark leafy greens, blueberries - any of the brightly colored fruits and veg are all good. Curries are great as well! Best thing you can do though is limit sugar strictly and cut out skim dairy totally.

g.pooja812
June 7th, 2020, 03:47 PM
Thank you so much dear[emoji4]. Finally I got my first period after D&C on Saturday night. I will go for my AMH test and other blood work on 3rd day of my Cycle. After all these reports come back I will see a new obgyn in July as I am not pretty happy with my current one. I wanna start TTC as soon as I can. I have one confusion here if I got my periods on Saturday night shall I go for the test on Monday or Tuesday as they have asked me to do it on 3rd day of this cycle.

Have a nice Sunday
Cheers[emoji3059]

atomic sagebrush
June 8th, 2020, 12:32 PM
I would call them to find out what their preference is.

g.pooja812
June 8th, 2020, 12:39 PM
Thanks for your reply! Yeah they have asked me come on Tuesday. I want to know about the diet and ttc plans that are here to buy? I would like to know about it as thinking to plan again in next couple of cycles

atomic sagebrush
June 8th, 2020, 02:39 PM
Oh ok makes sense!! Keep me posted! The plan options are here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/payments.php

g.pooja812
June 11th, 2020, 05:12 PM
Thank you Atomic! I will check these out . I got my first cycle after D&C which was done on 1st May. Now my fertility doc is done with almost all the testing expect Sonohystogram which is scheduled for next week. I am so nervous to go for that as don’t know how painful it could be. Also I am thinking to try as soon as I can as really don’t want to waste my time and I strongly believe it will help me to heal mentally. Could you please give me some advice as what shall I start in terms of diet and everything to try again. As getting older need healthy egg to have a successful and healthy pregnancy. I am too much devastated with 2 looses which has happened for me in the past. I already have a 7 years old beautiful daughter. Just want to complete the family and give her a friend for lifetime. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

atomic sagebrush
June 13th, 2020, 08:56 AM
People have sonos all the time, and while they aren't fun they typically aren't excruciating. I agree you should try right away as many people having the procedure will boost your fertility for a month or two after by "flushing out" any old fluids or tissue in the tubes.

I suggest you follow a lower carb, but not VERY low carb diet like the later stages of South Beach, Protein Power Plan, Perfect Health Diet where you focus on eating healthy proteins, fats, and carbs. Avoid sugar and white, refined grains as much as possible, cut way back on less healthy oils and fats like corn oil and margarine in favor of olive oil and butter or ghee for cooking. Full fat dairy only, NO SKIM. Skim dairy is terrible for fertility and should be avoided. Don't do a keto diet as that causes a separate set of problems for fertility. I would try to eat a lot of dark leafy greens, brightly colored fruits and vegetables, eggs, and nuts.

Are you taking any supplements already?? Many of the supplements and many of the doses people online advise are worse than nothing so please run everything past me before adding it.

g.pooja812
June 13th, 2020, 04:08 PM
Hey, thanks for your reply! Yes I am taking Actif brand prenatal and just started taking whole food brand 800 mcg folic acid. Is it ok to take Actif brand or you want to suggest something better? I just want to extra cautious this time while TTC . Also same diet I can follow for blue sway? Also Actif has folate rather than folic acid, so I shall add extra folate only or folic acid with folate will be ok?

atomic sagebrush
June 13th, 2020, 05:27 PM
The Actif has very high doses of nutrients (this is not good, too many vitamins can be worse than not enough) and some herbs which may be harmful. I would wean off that one onto something more "boring" LOL with 100% recommended value of nutrients (with the exception of Folate and Vit. D, which you can take more of than 100%) and without any added herbs. I generally recommend Women's One a Day but Centrum is also good.

I prefer folate for anyone who can afford it. You can mix folate and folic acid as long as you don't have a genetic inability to absorb folic acid (such as MTHFR) but folate is widely considered to be better.

g.pooja812
June 13th, 2020, 05:32 PM
Oh ok, Got you! Earlier I was taking Women one day prenatal only. How about the diet.? My AMH result came back and it’s 2.87 at the moment. Last year too it was April same number. They did sperm test for my husband too! Sperm count is around 39 I think as per them it’s could however lil bit of motility issue they said. I need to talk in details with my doc . My husband is around 41 and I will be 38 in July. Do you want to suggest something for him too? How about diet ? Shall we continue taking same diet as you suggested in your previous post. Thank you so much for your reply Atomic . You really give me ray of hope and I really feel positive!

Thanks so much again!

atomic sagebrush
June 14th, 2020, 09:40 AM
Motility alone is not a big deal. It is only when it appears with other issues that it becomes a problem.

I would definitely have him eat healthfully (those types of diets are good for everyone) and avoid alcohol, large amounts of caffeine (particularly in energy drinks), and stop smoking if he does. If he's on any medication he needs to check to see if it's harmful to sperm (but because his count is good I don't think that's going to be the case).

g.pooja812
June 14th, 2020, 10:21 AM
Thanks your reply dear!
Yes he is high bp medication however a lighter dose. Do you think that he Should start taking any multivitamins?

atomic sagebrush
June 14th, 2020, 03:52 PM
Since his sperm health appears to be ok I would not sweat that.

Yes, I would give him One a Day Men's over 50 if he is willing to take it.

g.pooja812
June 14th, 2020, 04:06 PM
Ok, Thank you!

And how about the diet for blue sway!

atomic sagebrush
June 15th, 2020, 02:22 PM
The type of diet I have described will be swaying blue for you guys.

g.pooja812
June 16th, 2020, 12:21 AM
Thank you so much! I wish I can have my rainbow baby soon [emoji64][emoji64]... Please keep me in your prayers!

atomic sagebrush
June 16th, 2020, 12:30 PM
:pray: and sending you tons of blue, healthy baby dust!!!!

g.pooja812
June 16th, 2020, 12:33 PM
Thank you so much Atomic! This means a lot.. one problem I am having these days . I have rarely and CM and feel very dry down there. Even before I got pregnant I was having less CM during my fertile days. Is there anything we can do to fix it?

atomic sagebrush
June 16th, 2020, 12:43 PM
Yes let's add in guaifenesin starting after your period ends and carrying on til 3 days after you believe you have ovulated.

g.pooja812
June 16th, 2020, 12:47 PM
Any brand and how about the dose? My periods ended on 11th June . So I think I should start it. If you could recommend me a brand and dose that will be helpful as never took it before. I am taking nifedipine 50 mg to control my blood pressure hope that’s fine with it.

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2020, 12:52 PM
I couldn't find any interactions in a quick search but you would need to ask your doctor or pharmacist to be sure.

I don't recommend brands. There are too many and even the brand names vary by country in terms of ingredients. Common brand names are Mucinex and Robitussin, but in some countries Robitussin especially puts in other ingredients that should be avoided. Just look for a product that has guaifenesin as the only active ingredient, not combined with other medications.

g.pooja812
June 17th, 2020, 03:05 PM
Oh ok! I will check that out. I am located in Boston MA. Robitussin I think safe for me! Mucinex I can’t take due to high bp. Thank you! So if I get Robitussin how many time shall I take in a day?

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2020, 05:52 PM
Even in different parts of the US there is just no way for me to track it and be sure what people have.

Robitussin has many products on the market so you need to be sure it's guaifenesin that is ok for you and not a brand name. The guaifenesin is what matters, not the name "Robitussin" since they sell lots of products. Once you get it let me know the name and I'll tell you how much to take.

g.pooja812
June 19th, 2020, 10:04 AM
Ok.. will surely check that. Also wanted to update you yesterday I had my Sonohystogram and everything looked good to the doc. She said all the reports are normal for me and my husband and we are good to trying again[emoji4]

atomic sagebrush
June 21st, 2020, 09:34 AM
Oh that's great news!!! So happy to hear it!!!

g.pooja812
June 23rd, 2020, 02:59 PM
Thank you for all your help Atomic! I am really praying for a healthy and full time pregnancy this time. I got my first positive ovulation yesterday where test line was lil darker than the control line. So that means next 2-3 days will be fertile days for me?

atomic sagebrush
June 23rd, 2020, 04:25 PM
Yes!! Attempt attempt attempt! Do be aware too that occasionally you can have false positive OPK and in that case you might get another positive test in a few more days or a week and should attempt again if that happens.

g.pooja812
June 23rd, 2020, 04:33 PM
Yes.. that’s true! I am having lower abdomen cramps too.. I will test tomorrrow as well

g.pooja812
June 24th, 2020, 02:08 PM
Hi Atomic ,

Hope your are doing good! I just read that few women here taking coq10.. well I don’t even know what it is.. do you think I shall also take it? Or things that I am taking is enough

I am taking

Actif brand prenatal ( will change it once o am done with it)

Whole food brand folic acid (800 mcg)

My husband is taking Men one day 50+

Thanks so much for all your help!

YesIcan2020
June 24th, 2020, 05:10 PM
Thank you so much! I wish I can have my rainbow baby soon [emoji64][emoji64]... Please keep me in your prayers!

No advice I just wanted to wish you all the best 🤗 I really hope you get your rainbow very soon x

g.pooja812
June 24th, 2020, 05:17 PM
No advice I just wanted to wish you all the best [emoji847] I really hope you get your rainbow very soon x

Thank you so much for your kind words[emoji8]

atomic sagebrush
June 25th, 2020, 06:28 PM
Yes you can take coq10 if you'd like. 200-400 mg daily, at BFP please gradually wean off by spacing doses further out till down to one per week, then you can stop them. It is a nutrient that may help keep your blood sugar in a better zone for egg quality.

Don't wait till you're out of the one prenatal, switch over gradually from one to another. Many times different prenatals have different amount of nutrients and switching from one to another can be a shock to your system. Buy whatever kind you plan to switch to and gradually switch from one to the other.

g.pooja812
June 26th, 2020, 05:28 PM
Oh ok.. got you!

Thank you so much Atomic

Also I didn’t add any probiotics as of now? Do you think I need to add it? If yes then what would be the dose?

atomic sagebrush
June 27th, 2020, 03:36 PM
Yes you should add in probiotics. Just use the dose on the bottle as they vary by the brand.

g.pooja812
June 27th, 2020, 03:42 PM
Ok.. thank you! I think my prenatal already has the probiotics.. attaching the screenshot https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200627/f1d4de7202ee2993105a9421ba3dcccb.jpg

atomic sagebrush
June 28th, 2020, 09:23 AM
It does, but I don't like those. Can you find one that does not have peppermint, spirulina, and all those herbs, and has more like just 100% of all the nutrients?? We have found that some of those herbs (particularly the peppermint and ginger) and then the very high doses of B vitamins may contribute to miscarriages for some people. The algaes like spirulina and chlorella may harm your health in the long run.

I recommend just a very boring, run of the mill vitamin like One a Day or Centrum. They have the same nutrients as prenatals and are ok to take instead of a prenatal.

g.pooja812
July 1st, 2020, 01:41 AM
Oh ok.. Thank you so much for the information! I didn’t know about it.. I will change to a different one now! I have one more question here, as I told you earlier I had a positive ovulation test on 22nd however couldn’t do bedding on that night as hubby was super tired. We did have unprotected after 2 days and then day after. Do you think there could be any chance of getting pregnant as this was my first cycle after D&C . I had a Sonohystogram done on 18th June. Just super nervous after the loss!

Also can I drink lil bit of Alcohol while I am on blueSway journey! It’s my birthday on 3rd and going to have a small party with friends. Just too cautious to do anything, may be after loosing my baby boy I am hell scared! Sorry for the long post!

Thank you so much for being so kind to me always [emoji8]

g.pooja812
July 1st, 2020, 01:49 AM
Also forgot to mention my vitamin D level came out to be lil low, I think it’s on 27. My physician wants me to start 2000 IU over the counter supplement for. vitamin D. Is it ok to take D3 supplements while TTC.

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2020, 04:31 PM
Yes absolutely please do take them!!

g.pooja812
July 1st, 2020, 04:34 PM
Ok.. Thank yo so much Atomic!

g.pooja812
July 1st, 2020, 05:35 PM
Oh ok.. Thank you so much for the information! I didn’t know about it.. I will change to a different one now! I have one more question here, as I told you earlier I had a positive ovulation test on 22nd however couldn’t do bedding on that night as hubby was super tired. We did have unprotected after 2 days and then day after. Do you think there could be any chance of getting pregnant as this was my first cycle after D&C . I had a Sonohystogram done on 18th June. Just super nervous after the loss!

Also can I drink lil bit of Alcohol while I am on blueSway journey! It’s my birthday on 3rd and going to have a small party with friends. Just too cautious to do anything, may be after loosing my baby boy I am hell scared! Sorry for the long post!

Thank you so much for being so kind to me always [emoji8]

atomic sagebrush
July 2nd, 2020, 02:43 PM
Yes, it's still possible, it is not at all unusual for you to ovulate 72 hours after first positive or even later than that on occasion.

You can absolutely drink a little bit of alcohol just as long as you're not pregnant. Even if you are in most cases you can have 1-2 drinks, though I would completely understand not wanting to do that if you are pregnant.

g.pooja812
July 2nd, 2020, 05:38 PM
Oh ok! Ya I am thinking to take a test tomorrow just to be on a safer side.. I got my periods on 6th June after D&C .. keeping my fingers crossed! Will update you!

Princess Mom
July 5th, 2020, 12:05 PM
How long did it take for ur cycle I had d&cs before and takes me 4-7 weeks. Praying to conceive my first cycle I’ve been a mess

atomic sagebrush
July 5th, 2020, 01:36 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not following your question, can you clarify? My cycle for what?

D and C usually gets you back ovulating fairly quickly but there are some exceptions.

g.pooja812
July 7th, 2020, 12:04 AM
@Princessmom : I got my cycle back after 35 days! Now waiting for my second cycle..

g.pooja812
July 9th, 2020, 02:43 AM
Hi Atomic,

Hope you are doing good there! I got my periods on 7th July! I wanna try actively this cycle. Any feedback for Pink stork prenatal and folate?

atomic sagebrush
July 9th, 2020, 11:46 AM
I prefer the vitamins without the added herbal components.

g.pooja812
August 3rd, 2020, 01:07 AM
Hi Atomic,

Hope you are doing good! I am little confused here. My periods are due either on 5th or 6th August. Today I took my opk test and I feel it’s positive. Earlier this month may be around 20th I got kinda positive opk too and we Bad a lot. My last period was on 6th July. I am attaching a picture here for my opk. Does it mean I am still ovulating or it is just a false positivehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200803/b09bd7512ea82a9d39318cef4db23b99.jpg

atomic sagebrush
August 3rd, 2020, 12:11 PM
Have attempts just to cover, but do you think you could be pregnant?

g.pooja812
August 3rd, 2020, 12:36 PM
Well we done enough bedding during my fertile window so I am waiting for my periods to come. I was having lil cramps and tingling and tender breast so thought to take ovulation test though I never ovulate that late. As per my last too cycle I should get my periods by 6 th August. So is it possible to have positive ovulation if at all you are pregnant?

atomic sagebrush
August 3rd, 2020, 04:11 PM
It wouldn't be positive from ovulation, it would be positive because the hormones that are measured by the OPK are also on the rise in pregnancy. So sometimes OPK tests can double as pregnancy tests. I would still have sex in case you're just ovulating late but you may want to do a pregnancy test as well to be sure you're not pregnant already.

g.pooja812
August 3rd, 2020, 04:13 PM
Oh ok , got you! Keeping [emoji1696]. Will test in couple of days.. please keep me in your prayers! Will update you if at all it happens. Thank you so much Atomic for your quick response

atomic sagebrush
August 4th, 2020, 10:36 AM
:pray: :pray: :pray:

g.pooja812
August 12th, 2020, 03:30 PM
Hi Atomic ,

Hope you are doing good there! Thank you so much for your prayers and all the support!
Unfortunately I didn’t conceive this cycle and I am on CD4 today. This broke my heart big time as did everything that I could do to conceive. I was under an emotional troll for this week now trying to get out of it and try again. It’s too tough though! Please advice me to try this cycle as May be I am doing something wrong. What can I do to increase fertility also the for my husband to increase the sperm quality and quantity. Really looking to forward for this cycle. Thanks again!

atomic sagebrush
August 13th, 2020, 05:01 PM
Tell me again everything you guys are already doing and taking.

Sometimes it just isn't the right month for whatever reason, and it may be that you did everything just right and it didn't happen. But we'll see if there's anything we can fix!

g.pooja812
August 14th, 2020, 01:23 AM
Hey Atomic,

In terms of diet we are taking normal Indian vegetarian diet
Breakfast : normal tea with whole wheat bread toast/ kellogs cornflakes with whole milk/ eggs twice a week

Fruits
Apple/ Banana/strawberry
Or sometimes fresh watermelon/carrot juice Instead of juices

Lunch: any vegetarian curry with our normal Indian whole wheat flour bread with plain whole milk yogurt

V8 low sodium juice between the lunch and evening snacks if I feel hungry

Evening snacks : tea with some cookies

Dinner : same as lunch
Sometimes burger/ pasta / pizza

I would say twice a week in dinner we either take burger/pasta/ pizza

I cup of warm milk while sleeping

I do drink coconut water in e morning like 3-4 times a week

Nuts: walnut/ almonds

My husband has the same diet except milk. He doesn’t drink that much milk .. though I am trying to make him drink atleast twice a week

Drinks my husband take 2 drinks twice a week. Specifically beer or scotch

I take occasional a days though I love to have wine/ vodka / beer weekly

Medicine

For me

High bp medicine: nifedipine 30 mg twice a day
Water pill hydroclorothizide : 12. 5 mg a day

With water pill they have added potassium supplement as with water pill my pottasium level goes down ..

Thyroid medicine

Vitamin D : 2000 iu daily as mine was low same with my husband

Prenatal : I am taking rainbow light just now switch from Actif though not liking it that much so thinking to change again

Folic acid : 800 mcg daily

Husband medicine

High bp medicine : Losatran 30 mg though he is on a light dose

Men one day supplement 50+

Vitamin D 2000 iu daily

I am sorry for the long post . This is our daily diet and medicines .

In terms of bedding we are doing on fertile days also I am having less CM issues so thinking to start using preseed.

Exercise : I don’t do much because exertion makes my bp shoot up. Though I try to walk 10-15 min daily and be physically active as much as I can

My husband goes for a morning daily for 30 minutes.

Hope I covered everything.

Thank you so much once again!

atomic sagebrush
August 14th, 2020, 01:28 PM
Your diet is somewhat carby, I would like to see more protein foods and fewer carbs like fruit juice and cornflakes and cookies. Whole grain carbs and fresh fruit are better than refined carbs and fruit juice. This may help improve egg quality.

I HATE Rainbow Light vitamins. While I don't like Actif either, they're better than Rainbow Light. But I would try to find something that does not have the megadoses of nutrients and then all the herbs in there.

While blood pressure medicine can lower male fertilty he's on quite a low dose. I doubt that the medication is causing you any issues.

It is normal for your blood pressure to go up when you exercise. Have you spoken with your doctor about this?? Even if your BP increases when you exercise, over time it improves your blood pressure greatly. I hate to see anyone avoiding exercise (particularly a young woman) because the benefits to your overall health are so massive and the higher BP is to be expected.

How are you determining fertile days?

What is hubby doing for release when not in the fertile window?

g.pooja812
August 14th, 2020, 05:31 PM
Oh ok! Will add more protein to my diet now. Yeah doc said moderate exercise for me as my bp fluctuates like crazy! Though will try to do Zumba twice a week as I love dancing. I am using easy@Home ovulation kit these days, but last month cycle was bit crazy. Husband doesn’t release these days! Shall I ask him to do it? He is too much overloaded with work these days. I found this Mommy’s bliss prenatal, attaching the image. Any feedback gir this?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200814/fb46f842bff928372f5a4c6b2f3ac770.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200814/b1a6a07252e56806032fcb326c087898.jpg

atomic sagebrush
August 15th, 2020, 10:19 AM
I think you need to have your husband be "cleaning the pipes" every 2-4 days, and if sometimes this goes a little longer, it's not a dealbreaker. But doing NO release at all for weeks/months on end shuts down sperm production so much he's basically shooting blanks by the time the fertile window comes around.

Yes that prenatal is much more in line with what my preference is.

atomic sagebrush
August 15th, 2020, 10:20 AM
Be sure to wean from the Rainbow Light onto that one gradually though. Even though it ends up leaving you taking the Rainbow Light longer we don't want you to experience a sudden and drastic reduction in nutrients. Give a few weeks and start replacing some days of the RL with that one till you're completely taking that one.

g.pooja812
August 15th, 2020, 02:13 PM
Ok.. Thank you so much Atomic! Actually my body didn’t accept rainbow light at all so I stopped taking it. I will order new one and start taking . It doesn’t have DHA though.. so shall I add DHA supplement too? Also I feel my husband is having some problem with ejaculation these days.. it takes too much time also not that much quantity. Anything you would like to suggest ? My fertile window start next week.

atomic sagebrush
August 16th, 2020, 01:30 PM
yes, up to 500 mg DHA or fish oil.

Is hubby taking arginine or carnitine?? If not, we should ahve him add in 500 mg arginine and 1000 mg carnitine but ONLY after checking with the pharmacist if those are ok on his medication.

I also think if he is ejaculating even just a little more often it will really help boost his production.

g.pooja812
August 17th, 2020, 12:25 AM
Ok. I will check that !

Thank you[emoji4]

g.pooja812
August 28th, 2020, 06:04 PM
Hello Atomic ,

Hope you are doing good there!

I have a biggest confusion here. I got my first positive opk on Sunday 23rd then Monday 24th and high on Tuesday then it started getting lighter. On 1st positive that was on Sunday and cycle day 15 for me I had ovulation pain too which I always get on ovulation. We did the BD on Sunday Monday and Tuesday as couldn’t do much earlier due to husband’s work schedule. Today I was having thick creamy discharge sorry for TMI so checked it again during evening hour let say at 5pm and got a high opk , attaching the picture . Now I am really confused can I ovulate twice or something is wrong with my cycle and should see the doctor.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200828/2096643f3a7a7fa02c93cbc622c19558.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using

atomic sagebrush
August 29th, 2020, 06:02 PM
There are two possibilities - one is that you ovulated when you think you did and this is the secondary estrogen surge that happens about 7ish days after you O. Since the hormones are very similar to what you have at ovulation, you can have very similar symptoms and even get a false positive OPK at that time. OR, the other possibility is that you DIDN'T ovulate when you think - your body started to, and then decided not to release the egg for some reason. Again, because the hormones are there even if you don't ovulate, you'll have symptoms (even O Pain) if you don't actually release the egg.

Nothing is wrong with your cycle. This is totally normal in either case. Just go ahead and have another set of attempts just in case you are Oing now and wait and see.

g.pooja812
August 29th, 2020, 08:56 PM
Oh ok.. I again did an opk test and it showed high surge though I don’t have any ovulation symptoms and feel so tired to give an attempt[emoji17].. hubby is also so very busy with his work schedule.. May be I will wait for my periods and then next cycle onwards will do it again and keep an eye on my ovulation. Yesterday I thought to give an attempt but I was feeling feverish and temperature was 99.7 so got bit uneasy.

g.pooja812
August 29th, 2020, 09:01 PM
Also as I mentioned we did BD 2 nights in a row after getting positive opk that was CD 15, 16 and CD 17. Do you think coverage was good or shall I do more coverage from next month onwards.

atomic sagebrush
August 30th, 2020, 02:34 PM
There's no harm in having an attempt, but fine to wait if you want. If you're not feeeling well no one wants to have an attempt then!

g.pooja812
August 30th, 2020, 03:51 PM
There's no harm in having an attempt, but fine to wait if you want. If you're not feeeling well no one wants to have an attempt then!

Oh ok.. today O test was negative.. will keep a close on my ovulation from next month onwards. Earlier it was not like that .. it just happened after my D&C and making me so disappointed and depressed for not getting pregnant. Still my hopes are up and will do my best next month.. Thanks Atomic for all your help and support.

atomic sagebrush
August 31st, 2020, 01:46 PM
Even if your test goes negative, sometimes you still haven't ovulated yet. The tests just measure the hormone in your blood that SIGNALS ovulation to happen, not whether or not it did. You can have ovulated and still have a positive test, and a negative test and are waiting to ovulate still.

g.pooja812
August 31st, 2020, 04:40 PM
Oh ok. Got you! Strange thing I got a high peak today too..I am attaching the picture here.. don’t know what’s going on ,body is seriously behaving weird.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200831/21e98fda5d5872c63c5a8c812599108b.plist

atomic sagebrush
September 1st, 2020, 01:54 PM
I would have attempts!!!

g.pooja812
September 1st, 2020, 03:38 PM
Ok.. today I am having periods like cramping as periods are due next week!! let me check today’s LH surge

atomic sagebrush
September 1st, 2020, 04:08 PM
It's probably just the secondary estrogen surge. You can have some symptoms like cramping with the SES and also of course with ovulation too.

g.pooja812
September 1st, 2020, 04:49 PM
I am sorry for asking such a dumb question however don’t know what the secondary estrogen surge means?

atomic sagebrush
September 2nd, 2020, 02:05 PM
I explained the secondary estrogen surge here on the previous page. It's just a natural surge in estrogen at that point of the cycle that can sometimes trigger symptoms that seem like ovulation.

There are two possibilities - one is that you ovulated when you think you did and this is the secondary estrogen surge that happens about 7ish days after you O. Since the hormones are very similar to what you have at ovulation, you can have very similar symptoms and even get a false positive OPK at that time. OR, the other possibility is that you DIDN'T ovulate when you think - your body started to, and then decided not to release the egg for some reason. Again, because the hormones are there even if you don't ovulate, you'll have symptoms (even O Pain) if you don't actually release the egg.

Nothing is wrong with your cycle. This is totally normal in either case. Just go ahead and have another set of attempts just in case you are Oing now and wait and see.

g.pooja812
September 5th, 2020, 11:37 AM
I explained the secondary estrogen surge here on the previous page. It's just a natural surge in estrogen at that point of the cycle that can sometimes trigger symptoms that seem like ovulation.

Oh ok.. surprisingly my LH is still dark today .. it’s CD28 for me. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200905/084d9351b6d2f981270a04d2f4b3b46e.plist

atomic sagebrush
September 6th, 2020, 10:36 AM
Sometimes you will get a positive OPK around the time of your period, but have attempt just in case.

g.pooja812
September 8th, 2020, 12:27 AM
Sometimes you will get a positive OPK around the time of your period, but have attempt just in case.

Got my period today ! I am really disappointed and lost all the hopes for being pregnant now! Can’t stop crying . I think will just give up now!
Thank you so much for all your help and support! You are really kind!

Pcoop
September 8th, 2020, 08:31 AM
Hello dear, sending virtual hugs your way.:hug2: Maybe taking a break would be a great idea right now. Please seek someone to talk to?

Flowergirl
September 8th, 2020, 08:53 AM
So sorry, it’s so painful. Sending hugs and prayers. I hope you feel okay soon :heart::heart::heart:

g.pooja812
September 8th, 2020, 06:56 PM
Hello dear, sending virtual hugs your way.:hug2: Maybe taking a break would be a great idea right now. Please seek someone to talk to?

Thank you so much! Feeling kinda ok now..

g.pooja812
September 9th, 2020, 01:53 AM
So sorry, it’s so painful. Sending hugs and prayers. I hope you feel okay soon :heart::heart::heart:

Thank you so much dear! Feeling much better now[emoji4]

MsDashwood
September 9th, 2020, 09:11 AM
Sending you so many virtual hugs! Let yourself go on this emotional roundabout. You’ll be fine sometimes and not the next. Take each day as it comes. I hope you feel good to try again sometime soon. Our minds and our journeys are never easily explainable.

Not nearly as terrible as your situation but I was in a major accident literally the week we were going to start trying (and had done the diet time too). I’ve had to put it off for health reasons and I feel awful - my emotions go from frustrated, to sad, to hopeful I’ll be healthy enough one day soon to try again. I’ve started to just lean into the mixed feelings.

g.pooja812
September 10th, 2020, 06:09 PM
Sending you so many virtual hugs! Let yourself go on this emotional roundabout. You’ll be fine sometimes and not the next. Take each day as it comes. I hope you feel good to try again sometime soon. Our minds and our journeys are never easily explainable.

Not nearly as terrible as your situation but I was in a major accident literally the week we were going to start trying (and had done the diet time too). I’ve had to put it off for health reasons and I feel awful - my emotions go from frustrated, to sad, to hopeful I’ll be healthy enough one day soon to try again. I’ve started to just lean into the mixed feelings.

Thank you so much dear! That really gave me some positivity.. I hope u also feel great soon and try again with all the positivity [emoji4]..

atomic sagebrush
September 13th, 2020, 02:18 PM
Oh no I'm sorry I only just now saw this - I'm so sorry AF has arrived, please let me know if I can help in any way. :heart:

g.pooja812
September 14th, 2020, 11:45 PM
Oh no I'm sorry I only just now saw this - I'm so sorry AF has arrived, please let me know if I can help in any way. :heart:

No problem! I am glad you guys are safe.. ya I was so heartbroken when AF came then cried out loud.. feeling bit better and positive now. Thank you so much Atomic for being so kind all the time.[emoji3590]

g.pooja812
September 29th, 2020, 09:28 AM

Hi Atomic,

Hope you are doing good. My doctor asked me do 21 day progesterone test to see if I ovulated or not. Level came out to be 9.3 this morning. Do you think it’s normal and i have already ovulated? As for the last 2 months I feel like my ovulation is bit messed up.

Thank you.

atomic sagebrush
September 29th, 2020, 03:12 PM
how sure are you that you were on CD 21? And when did you ovulate in relation?

Usually you're supposed to be 10 or above to prove that ovulation took place, but the thing is that if you didn't ovulate, you would ~usually~ be much lower than that and that makes me think it was on the way up. Like, you did O, but later than you thought (CD 21 doesn't work if you ovulated later than CD 14) so the level is lower than we like to see but is on the upswing, if that makes sense.

g.pooja812
September 29th, 2020, 03:35 PM
My doc office called me to say that I have ovulated. I got a positive opk on CD16.. so bd on CD 15, CD16, CD17 and CD18. Now I am thinking again what to do!

atomic sagebrush
September 30th, 2020, 12:46 PM
Oh that makes sense as to why the prog was a little lower then.

Why are you thinking again what to do, I'm sorry I don't follow?

g.pooja812
September 30th, 2020, 01:02 PM
I meant what shall I do to make that I am ovulating every cycle.. i feel like this way it’s getting more harder to conceive. I am loosing my hopes now.. trying everything that I could do make it happen still no success[emoji17].. I even ask the doc do I need any medicine or anything to manage ovulation but she said I don’t need it as I am ovulating. Let see that happens this cycle. Do you think the attempts that I did this cycle were enough? Or shall I try something else next cycle if I don’t conceive this cycle? Sorry for the long post it’s just that I don’t have anyone to talk about these things... .. and don’t want to stress hubby .

atomic sagebrush
September 30th, 2020, 02:43 PM
There's nothing wrong, though. You DID ovulate! There is nothing to do to ensure ovulation (if the doc does not think you need medicine, that is) and we just have to wait for the right egg to come along!

Your attempts were well timed this month - FX for conception!

g.pooja812
September 30th, 2020, 09:49 PM
There's nothing wrong, though. You DID ovulate! There is nothing to do to ensure ovulation (if the doc does not think you need medicine, that is) and we just have to wait for the right egg to come along!

Thank you so much Atomic! Fingers crossed [emoji1696]

g.pooja812
October 5th, 2020, 08:09 PM
Hello Atomic!

Hope you are doing good.. I took a pregnancy test today was feeling lil uneasy and got this.. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201006/b00be489319541095063312a98fbc7a8.jpg

Really in a state of shock and at the same time very nervous too! It’s really hard to stay positive after those losses! Please send me positive vibes and pray for my healthy and full term pregnancy. Thanks to you for all your kind words and support

g.pooja812
October 6th, 2020, 07:26 AM

Took a First response test today to be double sure and yay it’s here!!!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201006/7f4939e4e47daa41341696676fc0dba8.jpg

atomic sagebrush
October 6th, 2020, 02:46 PM
WHOA!!! I am so thrilled to see this!!! Hugest congrats!

How can I help now?

g.pooja812
October 6th, 2020, 02:54 PM
WHOA!!! I am so thrilled to see this!!! Hugest congrats!

How can I help now?

Thank you so much Atomic! I am really very nervous at the same time! They have booked me for an ultrasound on 28th oct. I really hope this is my sticky baby this time.. please keep me in your prayers! Any suggestions or advice to follow here just to make sure everything goes smooth.

atomic sagebrush
October 7th, 2020, 05:41 PM
If you were taking extra folate take it all the way thru the entire first trimester, then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop it.

Don't go overboard with herbal (or vitamin) supplements, run them past me before taking them even if other people tell you they are safe. This goes for herb teas as well. Also keep DHA/fish oil supplement to no more than 500 mg daily and 250 may be even better.

g.pooja812
October 7th, 2020, 07:07 PM
Here are the list of vitamins / medicine that I am taking right now
1) mommy bliss prenatal
2) pink stork folate : 600 mcg( so in total 1610 Mcg)
3)Rainbow light DHA not regular though couple of times in week May be
4)Levothyroxine ( high TSH)
5) Nifedipine 30 mg twice a day for high bp
Is it ok to take these in first trimester? Do I need to change/ add something here
Just trying to take extra precaution after these 2 losses

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2020, 07:13 PM
The prenatal is fine
Folate till end of first trimester, then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop them
:agree: continue the DHA at about that intake
continue your medication as directed by your doc! I can't advise you about the medication, you may want to contact them to see if they want you to take more or less.

Everything is looking good. FXFXFX!!

g.pooja812
October 8th, 2020, 09:11 PM
Thank you so much Atomic! I spoke to my doc too regarding my prescribed medications. Also they did first Hcg test yesterday and number came out to be 572, hope that’s a decent number as per 4 weeks and 2 days. Tomorrow I am going to repeat the test just to make sure that numbers are increasing the way it should be. They have booked me for an ultrasound on 28th oct just to make sure that everything is going in right directions. Please keep me in your prayers.

atomic sagebrush
October 9th, 2020, 05:10 PM
Yes it's above average!!!! Very good news. And we want to see that number doubling, FXFXFX!! do you have an update?

:pray: :pray: :pray:

g.pooja812
October 10th, 2020, 10:13 AM
Thank you so much! Got the result today morning and Wednesday hcg numbers are 1695

So Wednesday: 572
Friday : 1695

Hope it is increasing the way it should be?

atomic sagebrush
October 10th, 2020, 02:57 PM
PERFECT!!!!

g.pooja812
October 11th, 2020, 12:04 AM
PERFECT!!!!

It’s relief! Keeping my fingers crossed! Will keep you posted..