PDA

View Full Version : new study shows possibly explains how eggs pick sperm!!

atomic sagebrush
June 9th, 2020, 11:04 PM
And check out the great description of how many sperm are actually present to greet the egg - it's a lot fewer than you may think!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/health/sperm-choice-female-eggs-wellness/index.html

hotlikemexico
June 9th, 2020, 11:31 PM
Wow, this is SO cool! Thanks for sharing!

“The idea that eggs are choosing sperm is really novel in human fertility...” In a way, this study is kind of confirming everything you’ve done in this site, no? If the egg is actually outright choosing the sperm, it’s certainly possible that gender is included in the choosing, right?

As far as the number of sperm actually present and able to fertilize the egg... that may or may not increase my anxiety surrounding one attempt for girl swaying, LOL [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tillytys
June 10th, 2020, 05:18 AM
Ive always thought this! Egg preconditioning! There are all the sperm waiting but the door is only opened for one, with the chance of another sneaking in the gap of course:) Nature and genderdreaming know their stuff ;)

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2020, 06:57 PM
Yes! I could tell based on what we were observing that something had to be altering the gender ratio but we just weren't sure the mechanisms - this is exciting research (although we STILL don't know that this has anything to do with gender ratio!)