PDA

View Full Version : Woman killed for having a girl!

princesssarah34
January 30th, 2012, 01:05 PM
This made me so sick to my stomach this morning!!

Afghan woman slain for giving birth to daughter - World news - South and Central Asia - Afghanistan - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46187660/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/#.Tyba_cVSSSo)

nuthinbutpink
January 30th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Happens in India everyday too. Entire villages are only male now because they have killed and continue to kill girls. Very sad and it will ruin their society.

alreadyneedivf
January 30th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I saw a 20/20 on girls being killed in India--made me want to adopt a girl from India. I wonder how difficult that process is though?

LolaInLove
January 30th, 2012, 02:03 PM
This made me think of that film The Stoning of Soraya M.....if you haven't seen it, amazing but very hard to watch. Worth it, though as it is a true story and the only way this violence will stop is by the world knowing about it and taking action one way or another. You are right, NBP, this male-only crap in not only India but also China is going to put their society WAY out of balance and have many more detrimental effects. There are things we can't even foresee that will happen.....could you imagine a society of mostly men in those countries?

purplepoet20
January 30th, 2012, 02:19 PM
When I was young I always wanted to adopt a bunch of Asian girls.... Asia is about $20,000, India is about $15,000, and I am not sure about others. I still dream of a little Chinese daughter but I will have to see what happens after #3.

LolaInLove
January 30th, 2012, 02:37 PM
My Dh's cousins adopted a son from Russia (who was disabled, so they thought, but turns out he is not) and a girl from China...both as infants. I can ask her if you guys want to know more details.

fab4plus
January 30th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Happens in India everyday too. Entire villages are only male now because they have killed and continue to kill girls. Very sad and it will ruin their society.

i feel bad for the 1 and only female these countries decide to keep around who has to procreate.

PeonyPrincess
January 30th, 2012, 11:13 PM
It is very common in Afghanistan to have more than one wife. Why couldn't he just have sons from one of his other wives?
They mention in the article that the husband has not yet been caught. Unfortunately, even if he is, his punishment will be very mild. Often just a fine. It just makes you sick thinking about it and how little value is placed on being a female in some countries.

Myloves
January 31st, 2012, 02:25 AM
Sadly, I'm not even that surprised :( This kind of disgusting behaviour happens all the time in Asian and African countries. My own family (father's side) has been known for strongly disliking females, my sister and I included.

Cinss
January 31st, 2012, 02:48 AM
The husband should have chopped off his own balls!

TTC5
January 31st, 2012, 03:49 AM
:(

auroara78
January 31st, 2012, 08:58 AM
I told my husband about this disturbing article yesterday and he just kind of shrugged, and said that kind of thing happens all the time in those countries. I was a little then disturbed about his lackluster attitude, but he's studied a lot about the cultures of that area and women are treated hardly any better than dirt, and are often seen as "property" if that even.

I still think it's deeply sad and tragic :(

Besides, it ain't all her fault, he should blame his sperm! And I agree with Cniss, he should get a little chop, chop, chop done!

Flava
February 4th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Man is this countries are really this dumb? They think we just cook up a nice little girl or boy in there? Then they should be forced to learn how is all happening. They have a big part of it.
And who is taking care of that poor little girls now?
What also sad is that this woman's now how hard is for them but then when they are MIL's they can be this mean.

Princess of Pink
February 4th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Gee...I wouldn't last long in that country!! Being a girl making machine and all.

somerlouise
February 12th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Horrendous. Makes my blood boil.

Twins6boysinall
April 8th, 2012, 09:35 PM
It's his fault she had a girl but he kills her. Men (not all) are such jerks. And his mother. That really gets me.