PDA

View Full Version : Two BD’s for Pink?

Dandelion_wish
June 26th, 2020, 10:54 AM
Hello

Just going from observations in the Babydust Method forum it seemed like there were a lot of successful pink sways when people BD twice ahead of ovulation. It seemed that 4 days and 2 days ahead was working. Also sways that were more than 3-4 days ahead of estimated ovulation seemed to be swaying blue. Is there anything to this? I know estimating ovulation is a little difficult and I think OPK’s were used for most, maybe a clear blue as back up too. I suggested that the author could collect data in an uncontrolled survey from their members but they just really stick to their recommendations from the book and are not very willing to learn from all of the valuable real life data that people are willing to share. Not like this site constantly evolving with the most up to date data available and being open to just finding the best trending that indicates what is working. So refreshing!

I was very interested to read here that e4d seems to be showing some positive trending.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lailapink
June 26th, 2020, 11:00 AM
Hello

Just going from observations in the Babydust Method forum it seemed like there were a lot of successful pink sways when people BD twice ahead of ovulation. It seemed that 4 days and 2 days ahead was working. Also sways that were more than 3-4 days ahead of estimated ovulation seemed to be swaying blue. Is there anything to this? I know estimating ovulation is a little difficult and I think OPK’s were used for most, maybe a clear blue as back up too. I suggested that the author could collect data in an uncontrolled survey from their members but they just really stick to their recommendations from the book and are not very willing to learn from all of the valuable real life data that people are willing to share. Not like this site constantly evolving with the most up to date data available and being open to just finding the best trending that indicates what is working. So refreshing!

I was very interested to read here that e4d seems to be showing some positive trending.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI was also wondering this but from what I saw from posts here it said one attempt strongly sways pink regardless of what day you DTD! One attempt 1-2 days before ovulation! But I'm not too sure but I read it a couple of times.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Dandelion_wish
June 26th, 2020, 11:09 AM
Definitely a very strong suggestion from Atomic to limit to one attempt for sure from what I have read too. I was very curious about how e4d might agree with the evidence from ‘imperfect’ BDM’s though. It seems the trending might be building for that formula as well. It will be interesting to see how things go if there are more e4d results submitted!

hotlikemexico
June 26th, 2020, 11:16 AM
Yes, the recommendation here is one attempt for pink sways. [emoji4] It’s suggested to BD once at FIRST +OPK as you generally ovulate within 24-36hrs after (or something like that) so it puts your one attempt at a great chance to conceive. The reason that every 4 days works is that it ends up BEING only one attempt because of where the BDs end up landing in your fertile window.

Timing doesn’t work at all and has been thoroughly debunked. Atomic has a GREAT essay on why, here:
The TROUBLE with timing!
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=35024&share_tid=7691&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egenderdreaming%2Ecom%2Ffor um%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D7691&share_type=t&link_source=app

As you mentioned it can be very hard to hit timing and cut offs anyway (O-2 etc) because your O date can change from month to month and often swaying DOES change it. For example I am about to start week 9 of my girl sway, and I went from consistently O’ing in CD 12/13/14 for YEARS, to O on CD16 my first cycle and then my current cycle, O was CD17. We’re not TTC until August anyway, but if I had tried timing for say O-2 this cycle based on my “usual” O day, I would have totally missed my fertile window altogether!

I’m sure atomic will be along with some more advice but definitely check out that link on timing, it’s very helpful [emoji4]