PDA

View Full Version : Attempt advice

djmommy
July 10th, 2020, 05:21 PM
Just need advice. I can only have one attempt, either tonight or tomorrow. Would like to get as close to O as possible, (If I do O)
I have never used easy at home opks so not sure how they work.
My opk at 8:30 am was very positive.
Took another at 3 and it wasnt as positive. Cd 10 today.
Took soy isoflavones cd 3-7.
When would be best time.

atomic sagebrush
July 10th, 2020, 10:55 PM
This is probably still a false positive. Just like with Clomid you can get false positives for 3 days after your last dose, and you usually won't ovulate before 5 days after your last dose, but they're much less reliable. I would go ahead and attempt now (I would do it tonight to be sure you're in before ovulation, but tomorrow would likely be ok too) and then keep testing. It may be that you will O in a few days and that this is false positive.

djmommy
July 11th, 2020, 08:08 AM
Grrrrrr I totally fell asleep last night! I will be crushed if I ovulated yesterday. 42683 My temp shot up today, hopefully its a fluke! We had fun this morning but likely too late :(((

djmommy
July 11th, 2020, 08:17 AM
Grrrrrr I totally fell asleep last night! I will be crushed if I ovulated yesterday. 42683 My temp shot up today, hopefully its a fluke!

We had fun this morning but if I ovulated likely too late :((((

atomic sagebrush
July 11th, 2020, 01:55 PM
For all we know this may have been perfect timing. FXFXFX!

djmommy
July 11th, 2020, 05:39 PM
�:fingers::fingers::fingers::heart:

4blue2pink
July 12th, 2020, 07:32 AM
everything crossed for you DJ :heart: xx

djmommy
July 12th, 2020, 11:34 AM
Maybe it was a fluke temp.
Just so ready for my bfp.

atomic sagebrush
July 12th, 2020, 01:42 PM
But maybe the low temp is a fluke! It can happen! FXFXFX

djmommy
July 13th, 2020, 10:14 AM
I am really feeling so bummed.
I thought maybe the soy would help.
I have been eating better, exercising and taking coq10 (not that its a magic pill)
Im just afraid of another long cycle. I know its still early but so frustrated.

atomic sagebrush
July 13th, 2020, 12:18 PM
You know, a lot of people see that big dip right before ovulation.

djmommy
July 13th, 2020, 12:59 PM
Well I hope its soon. Opks are negative but dark

atomic sagebrush
July 13th, 2020, 01:46 PM
Sorry to be a BD nag LOL but are you attempting?? I would def. have you in with an attempt with that big dip right now even without pos OPK

djmommy
July 13th, 2020, 03:24 PM
I am definitely doing e4d....but I can.add in an attempt maybr tonight :).

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2020, 12:34 PM
FXFXFX!!

djmommy
July 14th, 2020, 02:24 PM
Nothing exciting to report but I'll keep you posted and hope somehow it works out this cycle

djmommy
July 17th, 2020, 07:50 AM
Well I had some bloodwork done this week for a check so she did hormones, FSH was 76.
Im devastated. And done , so so sad.

atomic sagebrush
July 17th, 2020, 11:01 AM
You took the soy though, right?? What if that shot your FSH up way high?

djmommy
July 17th, 2020, 11:04 AM
I did take the soy. It was a well physical on cd 15. Fsh was crazy!!!!! I had to put glasses on..lol.
LH was 28 and estrogen was 43.
Why would soy raise it so high?

atomic sagebrush
July 17th, 2020, 11:28 AM
For the same reason Clomid does - it blocks interaction between estrogen and the pituitary gland due to its effect on GnRH. This causes the pituitary gland to crank out a lot of FSH and LH to compensate.

djmommy
July 17th, 2020, 11:50 AM
So do you think its possible to still ovulate? Im cd 17 no O yet 42695

atomic sagebrush
July 17th, 2020, 12:05 PM
yes I absolutely think it's still possible you will ovulate!!

djmommy
July 17th, 2020, 03:33 PM
I hope! That number really shattered me!

djmommy
July 18th, 2020, 11:15 AM
Just venting! My husband is having surgery next week so this was our chance this month. Im just so over my body. My opks have looked like this the last few days so its obvious that its out of whack. Just so tired and frustrated. I feel like I need to give up but its so hard to let go.42697

atomic sagebrush
July 19th, 2020, 12:34 PM
Ugh I'm so sorry - I can only imagine how frustrated you must be by this point.

FX that this was a well timed attempt. :heart:

djmommy
July 22nd, 2020, 02:51 PM
Well it doesnt seem likely that I have ovulated but it feels like I have my usual pms headaches and feeling hot?
Could soy have messed temps up?
My last period was very very light compared to my usual so maybe it was just breakthrough bleeding?
Im pretty much throwing the towel in because I just cant do this anymore. Its obvious my body wont even ovulate.
Just wondering thoughts of its possible af is on the way? Can you ovulate with no temp rise?

atomic sagebrush
July 23rd, 2020, 12:41 PM
Yes, the soy could possibly have thrown your temps off or even the DHEA.

Let's try weaning off the DHEA and see if it could have been interfering with ovulation somehow. I don't think it's likely but after all, it can in higher doses trigger PCO-type symptoms (I cannot wrap my head around this happening on the dose you're on but let's dot our i's and cross our t's here)

djmommy
July 23rd, 2020, 08:48 PM
Ok I need to wean off? Im sure its not that, but just my body being dumb...ugh. Nothing seems like it will help at this point. Its just so odd, totally feels like AF is arriving soon but absolutely no temp pattern suggests ovulation. I had bloodwork on CD 15 and progesterone was 0.5 so clearly didn't O yet. Today is cd 23

atomic sagebrush
July 24th, 2020, 03:20 PM
I would. I always like you guys to wean off stuff, it's just safer that way. I truly do not think it's the DHEA stopping ovulation, though, if you prefer to continue.

djmommy
July 28th, 2020, 09:31 AM
Why cant I ovulate!!!! Grrrrrrrr...
Maybe Im just out of eggs, feeling so hopeless.
I thought maybe I did, got a whole day of peak opks and had a temp rise, just for it to go down.
Im out this cycle, hubby has surgery. :(

djmommy
July 28th, 2020, 09:33 AM

Cry. Cry. Cry

djmommy
July 31st, 2020, 10:14 AM
Not sure what to think. Nothing seems normal :(

atomic sagebrush
July 31st, 2020, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure I trust the crosshairs but I do think things are looking up.

djmommy
July 31st, 2020, 03:12 PM
Yes me either, but that was our only attempt :(
Oh well, hopefully next cycle will be somewhat normal

djmommy
August 1st, 2020, 01:40 PM
Im thinking no Ovulation

atomic sagebrush
August 2nd, 2020, 01:27 PM
Hmm I'm not convinced, can you take out that one high temp early on?

djmommy
August 2nd, 2020, 01:56 PM
I did, but the chart stays the same. Just surprised ff gave crosshairs.
Its fine, DH is in recovery from surgery so its a bust anyway. I have progesterone that I wanted to try as a last resort type of thing but won't take it with such uncertainty.

atomic sagebrush
August 2nd, 2020, 02:28 PM
It's just that one low temp causing confusion and that could be a fluke.

I hope Dh is on the mend soon!

djmommy
August 2nd, 2020, 03:58 PM
Thank you, he is doing well ❤

djmommy
August 23rd, 2020, 04:07 PM
Hey Atomic!

So it seems pretty obvious that I am just not going to fall pregnant. Im still trying to wrap my mind around that and try to be ok with it.
Im sad about it.
But I seem to deal with these pms headaches all the time. They seem to start almost a week before AF. Is there anything I can do about them? It feels more like tension pressure ones so I dont think advil will work.
Im cd 17 today and have had them for like 4 days already but havent seen any sign.of O in my temps.
Is it possible that my hormones are just so low that I won't even see a thermal shift?
I just feel like Im being forced into menopause and it sucks. I have days days of peak opk but dont see temps rise :(

djmommy
August 23rd, 2020, 04:08 PM

mommymachine
August 23rd, 2020, 04:23 PM
Hey Atomic!

So it seems pretty obvious that I am just not going to fall pregnant. Im still trying to wrap my mind around that and try to be ok with it.
Im sad about it.
But I seem to deal with these pms headaches all the time. They seem to start almost a week before AF. Is there anything I can do about them? It feels more like tension pressure ones so I dont think advil will work.
Im cd 17 today and have had them for like 4 days already but havent seen any sign.of O in my temps.
Is it possible that my hormones are just so low that I won't even see a thermal shift?
I just feel like Im being forced into menopause and it sucks. I have days days of peak opk but dont see temps rise :(

I just want to jump in to ask when’s the last time you got your thyroid checked? I know headaches could mean anything but thyroid is one of those things that can really mess with our bodies, it can also interfere with getting pregnant. Big hugs.

3 blue 3 pink

Pink due January 28th

djmommy
August 23rd, 2020, 08:28 PM
Hey mommymachine, I actually just recently had blood work done and everything seemed ok. But is there a specific test I should look at ?
T3 ? TSH? T4? TSH was 1.15
Im 44 also :(

mommymachine
August 23rd, 2020, 09:33 PM
I know T3 and T4 are also important but I myself always look at the TSH number and yours is perfect.

3 blue 3 pink

Pink due January 28th

atomic sagebrush
August 24th, 2020, 01:13 PM
Have you tried the Advil though?? What I would try is both ibuprofen and acetomenophen together.

There are a LOT of reasons for hormone headaches and it may be you usually get them when in the LP but have some this month in the FP.

If you ovulate you should see a thermal shift. If you're not ovulating you'll see the see-saw pattern but there isn't really a pattern that I'm aware of that there's ovulation without a temp shift.

I know we dropped DHEA because it seemed to be messing with your cycle, but it may be worth giving it another look.

atomic sagebrush
August 24th, 2020, 01:23 PM
is it still up today?

djmommy
August 25th, 2020, 03:52 PM
I actually stopped temping because I'm just over it! Lol
I figured with the headaches I'll just wait for AF.
I can't seem to guage at all what's going on, each time I think and hope for a normal cycle it never is so im not going to track anymore. Its just strange that I was getting peak opks earlier on.

djmommy
August 25th, 2020, 03:56 PM

djmommy
August 25th, 2020, 03:59 PM
Got this fun egg today lol

Ami129
August 28th, 2020, 01:15 PM
Hi I hope you don’t mind me jumping in but have you tried melatonin? I have a low amh and am 39. I miscarried last year and then were TTC for a year talking dhea and ubiquinol. I added melatonin for both me and my OH for about two months and did a diet detox and the next cycle I conceived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djmommy
August 28th, 2020, 02:19 PM
Hi ! Thanks!
What type of melatonin are you taking and what exactly is it for?
Congratulations as well!!!

Ami129
August 28th, 2020, 03:45 PM
https://melatoninfacts.org/fertility/

https://fertilityeggspurt.com/melatonin-eggquality-fertility/

I was taking 3mg dose once a day at night which is what most of the fertility studies I read had used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djmommy
August 28th, 2020, 05:35 PM
Thanks, I will check it out.

atomic sagebrush
August 29th, 2020, 05:39 PM
I don't recommend melatonin as a general rule because some evidence indicates it is not safe during pregnancy. The only circumstance I'd consider it is a last ditch effort and that may be where you're at now DJ - but I just wanted you to be aware that it's not always agreed upon as to whether it's good or not.

If you do use it, be sure to wean off GRADUALLY (and I mean GRADUALLY, even if it takes 4 weeks, and you may want to wean off it some during the luteal phase to be sure you're going to have time to get off it both gradually and early in pregnancy) because your body uses melatonin in early pregnancy so I don't want you guys taking it and then stopping it suddenly because that seems potentially risky to me.

I would say 1000 mg from AF-O, 500 mg or 1000 every other day (you may be hard pressed to find 500 mg) from O-AF or BFP, and then wean off at BFP by spacing doses further and futher out till down to one per week, then drop them

djmommy
August 29th, 2020, 07:58 PM
Honestly Atomic I'm sure really sure anything is gonna work? I feel like my hormones are totally unbalanced and I'm just not ovulating properly :( Im just wondering if these headaches are hormonal, still have them and no O as of yet . I know you aren't a big fan of seed cycling but I think Im gonna at least try that to maybe get my FP estrogen going, I dont know. I feel lost but still can't let go.

djmommy
August 29th, 2020, 08:02 PM

atomic sagebrush
August 30th, 2020, 02:33 PM
I'm in favor of anything if YOU want to do it. I would give the DHEA another look too.

I don't want people to take a chance messing things up but that is different when things really do seem to be messed up, if that makes sense. :heart:

djmommy
August 30th, 2020, 02:42 PM
Yea I dont think seeds will mess anything more up. I actually did it one time back in Feb with like every other day and that was the last time I actually ovulated fairly normally and then DH was in the hospital so I kind of put everything on the back burner.
I did start taking the dhea again ❤
Thanks again.

djmommy
August 30th, 2020, 02:44 PM
Yea I dont think seeds will mess anything more up. I actually did it one time back in Feb with like every other day and that was the last time I actually ovulated fairly normally and then DH was in the hospital so I kind of put everything on the back burner.
I did start taking the dhea again ❤
Thanks again.

djmommy
September 3rd, 2020, 02:49 PM
So going on about 2 weeks with these headaches. My face gets flush and warm at times. I feel like crap. Still in Follicular phase I believe. Trying to figure out if its hormones? Can low estrogen cause these symptoms daily?
So frustrating and sad.
No more baby for me :(.
Here is my chart4281042810

atomic sagebrush
September 4th, 2020, 12:18 PM
It's possibly low estrogen and you're def. in follicular phase, but I can't tell you if that's the cause of the headaches. Regular headaches do need to be checked out, so I would suggest doing that if at all possible (I know in this weird time it's not exactly when we want to go off to the doc's office)

djmommy
September 6th, 2020, 10:17 PM
Yea everything is just so strange these days with covid but I did go to an ENT , dont have answers yet but trying to pinpoint whats going on. Its so strange because I have always linked them with my cycle starting but that's clearly not what is happening now..I notice that my neck is almost always sore with it as well. Could be some sort of sinus issue but I don't know. Hopefully I can figure out what is causing it because I need some relief.

atomic sagebrush
September 7th, 2020, 02:19 PM
Hmm, you may want to request a screening for autoimmune disorders. That's how mine manifested was with awful neck-related headaches. Another consideration is TMJ or even sleep apnea can cause horrible headaches that feel like they're coming from your neck.

djmommy
September 7th, 2020, 06:12 PM
What kind of panel would be tested for autoimmune disorders?
I actually do have TMJ, gosh was diagnosed so long ago and haven't had a mouth guard in years. Maybe I can check back on doing that. Im just baffled.
What kinds of headaches did you have? Mine are more like tension/pressure around temple area and back of head/neck and the sides under my ears down towards shoulders.
I had a bad episode today, like a panic attack. Almost called 911 but thankfully it subsided. Never had one before, super scary. My mom had them for years. There seems to be a lot of stress going on around me.
I can't wait to move to the country like you!!!

atomic sagebrush
September 11th, 2020, 10:50 AM
It's just called an autoimmune panel.

The TMJ is def. something to investigate. I feel like with my headaches, when I'm in the second half of the cycle I'm either more stressed (grinding teeth more and having more tension) or else something to do with the prostaglandins released just before and during periods (which directly affect your blood vessels, dilating them) that causes my headaches to come on so bad.

Living in the country is great, although my house literally just almost burned down so my stress is NOT reduced this week LOL. :)

I would def. talk to someone about the panic attack feeling. They have some really good medication to help with that. :heart:

djmommy
September 11th, 2020, 01:09 PM
I can't imagine how stressful that must have been, so scary!! Thank God you are all ok. The fires are out of control. What a year this has been!

I will look into the TMJ because that makes a lot of sense.
The panic attack was brought on by the medication from the ENT, Just a nasal spray but after reading more side effects it makes total sense. I stopped it and have been totally fine. Also, whenever my hair is back in some ponytail, not even tight, gosh it gives me such a headache too!
Still in FP, I really am so over this. I have my annual soon with OB, do you think I should mention anything? I mean to me there is really not much point in bloodwork because 1) we know my body is not right and 2) who knows where I will be in my cycle to even get accurate numbers. OBs aren't super useful when TTC, especially when older.

My temps have been super low. I have been waking early the past few months to exercise. Thats good.

atomic sagebrush
September 11th, 2020, 05:03 PM
Scariest thing I've ever experienced!

Bring it up and see what they say - there's no harm in asking and then that way they can always run a test if they need to.

atomic sagebrush
September 11th, 2020, 05:04 PM
^^^ but just be prepared for news that you don't want to hear, and tact isn't always their strong suit. :/

djmommy
September 11th, 2020, 06:47 PM
Lol I know, I remember that RE I went to who said I had a better chance at winning the lottery than having a baby......I then had 2 more since !!
I know my age is not in my favor, I just really would like to balance my hormones to at least have a semi regular cycle. I hate the constant roller coaster!

I got this this evening so here is hoping maybe its real...the last week has been negative

djmommy
September 11th, 2020, 06:51 PM
Are you close to the Oregon fires?
We dont watch TV but I did see some scary photos!
Was your house ok?
I can't even imagine!!

atomic sagebrush
September 13th, 2020, 02:53 PM
EXACTLY, that's the thing. It's hard for doctors to give people uncertain answers, but many of these things are completely uncertain and some people have success and others don't.

If they do have any suggestions that you find work, please let us know. I learn so much from you guys and your experiences that I always really appreciate when you update me on what you find out!

atomic sagebrush
September 13th, 2020, 03:01 PM
Are you close to the Oregon fires?
We dont watch TV but I did see some scary photos!
Was your house ok?
I can't even imagine!!

What we were in was the Whitney Fire in Washington State. https://www.krem.com/article/news/local/wildfire/whitney-fire-burning-near-davenport/293-02e07428-c07a-48f9-b755-d3a03be44cc0 We went from thinking we were totally safe, to thinking "hmm maybe the kids and I need to leave" (hubs was staying no matter what) to being "oh ok there are flames coming" in like the span of 20 minutes. (and it was a good thing, too, because if the kids and I had left, we would have been caught on the road and there was nowhere to go in that case)

They never gave an evacuation notice for our area till 2 1/2 hours after it had already hit us. Hubs and the boys fought the fire while Suzy and I cowered in the car with the air conditioner on, in a gravel pit we have that has nothing burnable in it. Somehow, with God's help, they managed to save the house and all our outbuildings but the kids' play equipment, both our hayfields and our entire barbed wire fence are all gone. One of our dogs was burned and so we're caring for her now. But all in all we're incredibly lucky to be alive and still have our possessions. It's heartbreaking what is going on in CA and OR - we don't have trees here, just grasses and sagebrush (and yes, let me tell you, I did find it extremely ironic for a few minutes there thinking my manner of death was actually going to be atomic sagebrush LOL) so while it was a terrible experience, we weren't in that kind of danger thankfully.

djmommy
September 13th, 2020, 06:37 PM
EXACTLY, that's the thing. It's hard for doctors to give people uncertain answers, but many of these things are completely uncertain and some people have success and others don't.

If they do have any suggestions that you find work, please let us know. I learn so much from you guys and your experiences that I always really appreciate when you update me on what you find out!

If I do find something out that helps or works I will be sure to share it. I have a really awesome OB and she is so suppalways, thankfully

djmommy
September 13th, 2020, 06:41 PM
What we were in was the Whitney Fire in Washington State. https://www.krem.com/article/news/local/wildfire/whitney-fire-burning-near-davenport/293-02e07428-c07a-48f9-b755-d3a03be44cc0 We went from thinking we were totally safe, to thinking "hmm maybe the kids and I need to leave" (hubs was staying no matter what) to being "oh ok there are flames coming" in like the span of 20 minutes. (and it was a good thing, too, because if the kids and I had left, we would have been caught on the road and there was nowhere to go in that case)

They never gave an evacuation notice for our area till 2 1/2 hours after it had already hit us. Hubs and the boys fought the fire while Suzy and I cowered in the car with the air conditioner on, in a gravel pit we have that has nothing burnable in it. Somehow, with God's help, they managed to save the house and all our outbuildings but the kids' play equipment, both our hayfields and our entire barbed wire fence are all gone. One of our dogs was burned and so we're caring for her now. But all in all we're incredibly lucky to be alive and still have our possessions. It's heartbreaking what is going on in CA and OR - we don't have trees here, just grasses and sagebrush (and yes, let me tell you, I did find it extremely ironic for a few minutes there thinking my manner of death was actually going to be atomic sagebrush LOL) so while it was a terrible experience, we weren't in that kind of danger thankfully.

Wow!! That sounds terribly frightening! Thank God that you all are safe as well as your house and possessions.
Your poor sweet pup! Glad he is ok and you are able to take care of him. My cousin was actually caught in some of the California fires and we didnt hear from him for about a week, he was a hiker, but Thank God he is ok and was able to get out.
We have hurricanes here but we often get quite a bit of notice before things get bad so I can't imagine how quick that was.

atomic sagebrush
September 14th, 2020, 03:14 PM
Yes it was crazy! So glad to hear your cousin is ok too. This is a really terrible month for so many people - we just count our blessings.

djmommy
September 15th, 2020, 10:54 AM
**** just venting ******
That awesome positive opk and still no temp rise .
Can you believe I still remain hopeful through all of this?
Isn't that the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over with the same results, expecting a different one?!!

atomic sagebrush
September 15th, 2020, 04:32 PM
That's only true in arenas where there are no variables that might change (like flipping a coin). When it comes to your body, you're NOT doing the same thing again and again. Your body is doing different things all the time and so you aren't just repeating the same actions over again, every month is different, and you never know when Goldie the Golden Egg will show up. I'm not trying to offer false hope, but the thing is people have accidental pregnancies even when they haven't ovulated FOR YEARS let alone had wonky cycles. People fall pregnant at 48 years old on accident. Your body very well may be making good eggs, just not very often, and so it may be still possible to catch one. We just can't know for sure.

djmommy
September 15th, 2020, 05:50 PM
Thank you for not making me feel crazy!!! :cheerteam:

Walkerbabies
September 26th, 2020, 09:24 AM
Oh this is so inspiring! I heard that insanity definition too - but atomic is right - doesn't really apply here because it is a cycle after all.:think:

djmommy
October 5th, 2020, 03:05 PM
Well AF did come, at least in a way I ovulated right?
CD 9 today. Had well check 2 weeks ago and my OB had me come in for an Ultrasound today just to make sure there were no fibroids or anything. They did find a tiny polyp on my cervix, said it was totally normal. But they only saw 2 follicles on in my left ovary. It was hard to see my right because it was way up.
Just a bummer. Its not an RE so no measurements or anything.
Im not tracking at all, too stressful and unpredictable.

atomic sagebrush
October 6th, 2020, 01:22 PM
Remember you usually will have more on the right than the left though.

:agree: on not tracking.

That's good there's no fibroids!!!

I still pray every day for you DJ.

djmommy
October 6th, 2020, 03:56 PM
Yes I am thankful that everything looked ok in there, although I was secretly hoping my uterus wasn't empty.
So crazy! Lol

And thank you for the prayers, truly it means so much :LotsofLove::LotsofLove:

djmommy
October 11th, 2020, 09:21 PM
Just wondering if you can still see follicles on ultrasound after you have ovulated? I went on cd 9 and today cd 15 I had some tiny pink cm spotting. Ugh....just hoping its not an early AF :(

atomic sagebrush
October 15th, 2020, 10:51 AM
Yes but they should be able to see the difference. Any update?

djmommy
October 15th, 2020, 01:28 PM
Well no update really. It was an ultrasound to check for fibroids or anything else so nothing in regards to fertility. Im not tracking anything. I did have some left side cramping for a couple days then had the spotting. No AF yet but I feel like I have some pms headaches so who knows. I'm done trying to figure things out. Lol.
I know you have said spotting happens sometimes randomly so who knows!!

atomic sagebrush
October 16th, 2020, 01:51 PM
Oh gosh they didn 't even sneak a peek?? Meanies! :p

Yes, spotting can happen whenever estrogen fluctuates. It's good to rule anythign out though.