PDA

View Full Version : April/May/June 2021

Pages : [1] 2 3

hakrueg
August 18th, 2020, 02:42 PM
Hello everyone!

Excited to get to know you and have a spot where we can share our pregnancy journey and sway experiences.

I’m due April 30th with a boy sway. I’ve been on the HE diet since October and taking supps since February. I currently have an 19 month old daughter. What about you??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotlikemexico
August 18th, 2020, 06:46 PM
Hello everyone!

Excited to get to know you and have a spot where we can share our pregnancy journey and sway experiences.

I’m due April 30th with a boy sway. I’ve been on the HE diet since October and taking supps since February. I currently have an 18 month old daughter. What about you??

Hi and congrats again! All my sticky blue dust for you! [emoji170][emoji92]

You are two days ahead of me, my due date will be May 2nd based on confirmed O day from charting. My birthday is also April 25th so my due date is exactly one week after! I have two boys already, the first was born at 39.1 and the second was born at 38.6. So, if this one follows suit, I could maybe end up with a birthday twin baby! [emoji1787]

DS1 is 7.5yo and DS2 just turned 4 two weeks ago! I did a girl sway, was on the LE diet for 15.5 weeks before my bfp at 9dpo.

I know it’s super early but any symptoms yet?!

hakrueg
August 18th, 2020, 06:56 PM

hotlikemexico
August 19th, 2020, 12:09 AM
Well, it’s funny you mentioned your sense of smell was enhanced because I felt like that for my sense of taste. I swear I could taste the peel in my lemon water. [emoji1787] I also broke out on my chin which I don’t usually do.

Honestly, other that my symptoms were typical of my period. I really was not expecting a BFP. I’m still in disbelief.

Sounds like you were too. Have you stopped shaking yet? [emoji23] Any symptoms for you?

I have not stopped shaking yet! [emoji51] Literally cannot believe it. What a rollercoaster of emotions today, lol. Truly did not think it would happen on the first try!

Besides the hyper sense of smell, I have noticed my boobs getting somewhat sore for the last day or so. Mostly only if they get touched or bumped accidentally, but it’s there. I had convinced myself I was out because with my last pregnancy my nipples were so sensitive two days before my bfp that I could not even stand the feeling of my shirt touching them ... nothing at all similar this time.

Instead I seem to have developed a fun little on and off cramping sensation on my left side and had myself convinced I was having an ectopic for the better part of the evening. [emoji849] I never had cramping with either of my boys and in fact I do not even get period cramps at all so this cramping sensation had me like [emoji2955]

When do you plan to call your provider? Do you see an OB or midwife?

nishi
August 19th, 2020, 08:26 AM
Hi congrats to both of you [emoji176] i am due in April 29 i have a 4 years old daughter .it's so nice to share my pregnancy with you ladies.
With my last pregnancy i have 0 symptoms but this time i am having cramping. How you guys are doing?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

hakrueg
August 19th, 2020, 08:37 AM

nishi
August 19th, 2020, 08:43 AM
I already contacted my GP. My insurance can take a while to establish with an OB or midwife so I figured I’d get the ball rolling this time. Last time, I didn’t know I was pregnant til 7 weeks and didn’t get into my first appt til I was 12 weeks.

I loved my last OB but have since moved. I’m thinking of trying a midwife this time. I may use a doula too but I’m unsure. I was induced last time due to complications that I’m likely to have again so I don’t know.

I’m happy to be here with you guys and I can’t wait for more people to trickle in!

Will you guys be finding out the gender? I undecided but leaning towards finding out.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSame here with my previous pregnancy i was not aware about my pregnancy until i missed my periods [emoji38], and yeah i want to find out the gender as soon as possible what is the best way to find out the gender? My friend suggested me sneak peek

hakrueg
August 19th, 2020, 08:46 AM

nishi
August 19th, 2020, 08:50 AM
I think sneak peek is ok as long as you can do it clinically. Otherwise it’s hard to avoid contamination.

Sometimes doctors offer blood screens for genetic issues that also reveal the gender. NIPT is one of those. It can be pricey if your insurance doesn’t cover it though.

Where are you located? How long have you been swaying?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI am in in Maryland but we are moving in California after 2 or 3 months. I was tracking my ovulatation since last 4 months and after doing HE diet and supplements for 6 weeks i conceived in first cycle.

hakrueg
August 19th, 2020, 08:53 AM

nishi
August 19th, 2020, 09:02 AM
Lots of people have success with Sneak Peek but it seems like most aren’t confident with the results until they are confirmed via ultrasound or blood screen.

I might see if I qualify for NIPT then determine if I want to find out. My SO doesn’t want to find out so he may beg me not to.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIn ultrasound when we can find out in doctor office is it possible before 5th month?

hakrueg
August 19th, 2020, 09:03 AM

nishi
August 19th, 2020, 09:10 AM
The anatomy scan is 5 months. They usually do one around 12 weeks too to date the baby. You may be able to get a nub shot then.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSounds good [emoji106]

hotlikemexico
August 19th, 2020, 09:37 AM
Hi nishi! Happy to see you in here too! [emoji4] I have read on these boards that the sneak peek urine test is NOT reliable! Personally if you could I would wait. I believe they do a blood test as well that’s more reliable but I would def stay away from the urine one if you can. Like hakrueg mentioned theres the NIPT which is a blood test that they can do starting around 10 ish weeks I think? It uses fetal DNA in your blood and checks for chromosomal abnormalities (I think) and can tell you gender as well! It didn’t even exist with my first pregnancy in 2012, and my second in 2015/16 it was still new and only done on older women and high risk pregnancies. NOWADAYS I think it’s routinely offered in many offices! I would definitely check with your provider when you have your first visit!

Hakrueg I think doulas are so cool and always wanted one BUT my previous midwife would stay with you through your whole labor basically (she really was the best) so a doula was sort of redundant. I’m still sad as hell that she moved ... the maternity ward at the hospital she delivered at closed due to not enough births, so she moved. Unfortunately I can’t follow her since I work for the hospital system and have their insurance and we have to stay in network... BUT they do have their own OB/midwife practice now, which they did not with my previous two pregnancies. When my midwife moved I was posting in a local group on fb how upset I was and one of the midwives at the new practice that I’ll be at actually private messaged me and put my mind way at ease! She was super nice and helpful and assured me that I starting this January they would always have one midwife in hospital on call and that I could definitely have a midwife-assisted VBAC with one of them. I’m going to request her for my first appt [emoji1695] I will have to see all the midwives throughout my pregnancy to meet them all but I would really like her to be my primary!

My period is not even due until Sunday so I am going to wait and call them first thing Monday morning. [emoji4] I have absolutely no idea what will happen appt wise with Covid and all, so we shall see.

As for finding out gender, I definitely will be finding out, as early as possible. If they don’t offer me the NIPT outright I will ask for it; I’ve talked to a couple friends who recently had it done and all had it covered by insurance so I’m hopeful. We already decided that if we had to we would pay out of pocket for it as well. I had awful GD after I found out that DS2 was a boy at my 18 week anatomy u/s. I was so convinced he was a girl, I had different symptoms, vivid dreams of him being a girl, and of course everyone and their mother was like I KNOW IT’S A GIRL!! So I had stupidly convinced myself. There was no denying the penis on the u/s ... the tech chuckled and was like “well, he’s not shy at all!” I had to hold back tears and literally said out loud “I knew it.” I was super upset for a good two plus weeks. Of course he is the sweetest boy and I can’t imagine our family without him now! [emoji170] But for me personally I definitely need to know ahead of time. If this is indeed boy #3 I want as long as possible to get used to the idea. Plus honestly I think it’s way easier (at least for me) to bond with the baby while pregnant when I know what it is ... I hate saying “it.” I’m a super name nerd and we always started referring to baby by name as soon as we found out. I never wanted to be team green with any of them, I like to plan and prepare ahead of time (TOTAL boy mom personality [emoji2358]) and it just makes it that much easier when you know ahead of time. That’s just my thoughts [emoji4]

Sorry for the book lol! Had a quick break at work and wanted to get all my thoughts out before I forgot! I took another test this morning and it’s already not even a squinter on the strip tests. Still doesn’t feel real to me, despite my absolutely ridiculous sense of smell which seems to get stronger by the hour! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

nishi
August 19th, 2020, 09:50 AM
Hi nishi! Happy to see you in here too! [emoji4] I have read on these boards that the sneak peek urine test is NOT reliable! Personally if you could I would wait. I believe they do a blood test as well that’s more reliable but I would def stay away from the urine one if you can. Like hakrueg mentioned theres the NIPT which is a blood test that they can do starting around 10 ish weeks I think? It uses fetal DNA in your blood and checks for chromosomal abnormalities (I think) and can tell you gender as well! It didn’t even exist with my first pregnancy in 2012, and my second in 2015/16 it was still new and only done on older women and high risk pregnancies. NOWADAYS I think it’s routinely offered in many offices! I would definitely check with your provider when you have your first visit!

Hakrueg I think doulas are so cool and always wanted one BUT my previous midwife would stay with you through your whole labor basically (she really was the best) so a doula was sort of redundant. I’m still sad as hell that she moved ... the maternity ward at the hospital she delivered at closed due to not enough births, so she moved. Unfortunately I can’t follow her since I work for the hospital system and have their insurance and we have to stay in network... BUT they do have their own OB/midwife practice now, which they did not with my previous two pregnancies. When my midwife moved I was posting in a local group on fb how upset I was and one of the midwives at the new practice that I’ll be at actually private messaged me and put my mind way at ease! She was super nice and helpful and assured me that I starting this January they would always have one midwife in hospital on call and that I could definitely have a midwife-assisted VBAC with one of them. I’m going to request her for my first appt [emoji1695] I will have to see all the midwives throughout my pregnancy to meet them all but I would really like her to be my primary!

My period is not even due until Sunday so I am going to wait and call them first thing Monday morning. [emoji4] I have absolutely no idea what will happen appt wise with Covid and all, so we shall see.

As for finding out gender, I definitely will be finding out, as early as possible. If they don’t offer me the NIPT outright I will ask for it; I’ve talked to a couple friends who recently had it done and all had it covered by insurance so I’m hopeful. We already decided that if we had to we would pay out of pocket for it as well. I had awful GD after I found out that DS2 was a boy at my 18 week anatomy u/s. I was so convinced he was a girl, I had different symptoms, vivid dreams of him being a girl, and of course everyone and their mother was like I KNOW IT’S A GIRL!! So I had stupidly convinced myself. There was no denying the penis on the u/s ... the tech chuckled and was like “well, he’s not shy at all!” I had to hold back tears and literally said out loud “I knew it.” I was super upset for a good two plus weeks. Of course he is the sweetest boy and I can’t imagine our family without him now! [emoji170] But for me personally I definitely need to know ahead of time. If this is indeed boy #3 I want as long as possible to get used to the idea. Plus honestly I think it’s way easier (at least for me) to bond with the baby while pregnant when I know what it is ... I hate saying “it.” I’m a super name nerd and we always started referring to baby by name as soon as we found out. I never wanted to be team green with any of them, I like to plan and prepare ahead of time (TOTAL boy mom personality [emoji2358]) and it just makes it that much easier when you know ahead of time. That’s just my thoughts [emoji4]

Sorry for the book lol! Had a quick break at work and wanted to get all my thoughts out before I forgot! I took another test this morning and it’s already not even a squinter on the strip tests. Still doesn’t feel real to me, despite my absolutely ridiculous sense of smell which seems to get stronger by the hour! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHey thanks for sharing all the thoughts, where do you live ? And i will call my OB day after Tomorrow and let's see what she suggests i will share all of you. I am new in this area so i am looking for Good OB gyn

hakrueg
August 19th, 2020, 10:07 AM

hotlikemexico
August 19th, 2020, 11:19 AM
Nishi I am in Massachusetts [emoji4]

That’s why I’m leaning towards finding out as well. If I experience GD, I’d like to deal with it before she comes and in private. I have made peace with having another daughter though but still. When you feel you’ve had a good sway, it’s hard not to be upset when it doesn’t work. I’m trying to set myself up to avoid it but deep down I know I likely would and I want adequate time to deal with it.

Man, it’s painful to even talk about. The guilt I felt just typing that. It’s like... dare I think positively and hope for a boy?

Anyway, I am so sorry that you experienced that. It sucks because it goes against everything you are taught to feel towards a baby which magnifies those feelings by 1000%. I hope this is your girl. You worked hard for her!

You summed up my feelings exactly! The guilt you feel even wishing for a particular gender.... it’s a whole bunch of emotions. I’m so glad I found this site and these boards. Even more than just to help our sway, also just to know I’m not the only one who feels/has felt this way! It’s so taboo to talk about in real life and there’s so much shame in it... We only told a few of our very good friends that we were even TTC in the first place because everyone has their opinions, and of those we told, only a very select few did I mention the sway. It’s like you can feel the judgement even mentioning “I did this to try to get a girl.” Most people just think my diet/exercise was to help with weight loss so luckily that was easy to explain.

And thank you! [emoji178] I hope so too and same for you! Let’s throw our blue and pink dust at each other! [emoji23][emoji92][emoji170][emoji178]

g.pooja812
August 19th, 2020, 12:58 PM
Came here to say congratulations to everyone! May you all have happy and healthy 9 months! Hope to join you guys soon[emoji7]

Pretty
August 19th, 2020, 02:48 PM
Hi ladies! I just wanted to say congratulations and share my NIPT experience. With DD I was under 35 so insurance wouldn’t cover it, and running it through insurance was going to cost about $1000 but by not putting it through insurance and direct paying, it cost about $350!

hakrueg
August 19th, 2020, 03:43 PM

hotlikemexico
August 19th, 2020, 05:45 PM
Came here to say congratulations to everyone! May you all have happy and healthy 9 months! Hope to join you guys soon[emoji7]

Thank you! I hope you join us soon too! [emoji1695]

Hi pretty! Thanks for sharing! How long ago was this? My friend just had the NIPT done last month and it was 100% covered by her insurance. She is under 35 like me and also not high risk. I’m hoping for a similar experience [emoji51] I know it depends on insurance also. I read medical records for work and it seems they just offer the NIPT now as part of prenatal labs at the first visit regardless of age and high or low risk. At least around here! The one I always see mentioned is “Panorama,” I’m not even sure if there’s others tbh

But $350 is much better than $1000. That’s crazy that it would be more THROUGH insurance!

Pretty
August 19th, 2020, 07:17 PM
Oh that’d be great!! This was in 2018, it was a different one than panorama, my doctor only had contracts with two companies but I can’t remember the names.

hotlikemexico
August 25th, 2020, 06:00 PM
Hi ladies, how goes it?

AF was due on Sunday for me so I’ve officially missed it! [emoji1316] So I finally called the new office yesterday to set up an appt.

They have me a “pregnancy confirmation appt” this Friday. I was like huh?! My old midwife would just schedule you for your first prenatal 8-10 weeks when you called. I asked the lady what it was and she said at this appt they’ll do a pregnancy test (as if I haven’t done 20 of those at home already! [emoji2957][emoji23]) and then we’ll “have a conversation about what my plan is.” Unfortunately the appt is with one of the OBs I don’t like. (I used to work in L&D for 5 years so I’m very familiar with the locals.) I’m straight up going to tell him “my plan is to VBAC with your midwives” LOL. Hopefully they’ll let me schedule a real prenatal with the midwives after that! [emoji1695]

Hoes everyone feeling? Any new symptoms? My boobs are killing me all of a sudden and they’re either swollen or bigger because my bra is tight now. [emoji51] Still have the insane sense of smell and hungry all the time it seems. I’m still exercising, I’m determined not to put on 40+ lbs this pregnancy like I did last time!

hakrueg
August 25th, 2020, 07:31 PM

hotlikemexico
August 25th, 2020, 09:57 PM
That is odd considering everything going on. Last time, they had me do a pregnancy confirmation but this time they waved it.

I think I may try a midwife this time. I finally got a call back from the OB department only to miss it. I’m hoping to get an appt around 10 weeks so I can do NIPT right away.

I’ve been extremely tired. I’ve had some intermittent nausea and mild cramping but nothing terrible. I am also worried about weight a little bit. I gained about 12 lbs on HE which is a little under half of what I gained (30 lbs) when I was pregnant. I really don’t want to exceed my first pregnancy! I’m nervous I will struggle to lose it. I lost all but 2 lbs last time with the help of nursing but I also had the luxury of staying home. I’ll be back to work with #2 so I know that can complicate nursing some times.

I’m trying to prepare a little already. Any things you thought made your life easier with 2 kids? Is a double stroller really necessary? Lol

Luckily my area has a really low transmission rate and has for a while, something like 2%. All the doctors office have been opened back up for at least a month or so. They have all kinds of precautions and policies and cleaning etc and seems to be going well. Actually I just had my yearly physical last week and it was in the office, I was the only patient even in the waiting room and there’s a totally separate exit... things like that. So I’m not surprised they’re having me go to the appt ... I just didn’t know what it was! Lol! New office for me so not familiar with their procedures I guess. My midwife did things her own way [emoji23]

Does your OB office have midwives too or would you need to switch practices? I absolutely loved my midwife and I honestly couldn’t imagine having a baby with anyone besides her... I’m thankful that this OB office I’m going to now has midwives and that they’re so awesome. I would definitely recommend a midwife if you are able! I’ve found midwives in general to just really be more focused on you, spend more time with you, not so rushed ... even when I worked in L&D I could see a clear difference between midwives and their patients vs the OBs with their patients. Working there was what led me to seek out my midwife in the first place [emoji4]

Are you exercising at all? I’m not sure what the blue sway exercise recommendations were so not sure if you had a routine going already. I’m trying to stick to my routine as much as I can to prevent the weight from piling on lol but I too am starting to get hit with the tiredness! Today I did a prerecorded zumba class. It was only 41 mins and I usually replay a couple of the routines so I can stretch it to 60 mins — but I was soooo tired already I just finished it up and called it a day! Trying to remind myself that the fact that I even got up off the couch and MOVED, even if less than an hour, is still beneficial! [emoji4] unfortunately I also mindlessly ate about half a can of Pringle’s that my older son left out, before dinner ... less of that and more health snacks. Lol! We got this! [emoji1320]

I will get back to you re: things that made two kids easier! It’s been a while since we were in the babt phase [emoji23] but I can say with much confidence: NO to the double stroller!! I used it maybe five times. I had one that let you snap the infant carrier in and then there was a seat for the other child to sit. I had wanted to go for walks with them after DS2 was born to help lose some weight, but the damn thing was 1) so heavy and 2) SO HARD TO MOVE ANS STEER, that didn’t last long at all. We honestly ended up just using two separate umbrella strollers when they were older, and Umbrella stroller plus infant carrier stroller frame for baby when they were younger. If I had to go anywhere by myself I would either baby wear and push DS1 in an umbrella stroller or put baby in the infant carrier stroller frame and make DS1 walk. If anything maybe a side by side double stroller would be better, but I think those are only able to be used when they’re older? Not sure I’ve seen a side by side double with an infant before.

What I’m worried about is the fisher price rock & play ... it didn’t exist when DS1 was born but DS2 it was a LIFESAVER! He slept in that thing and we used it all over the house. It even went on trips with us. They’ve been recalled and are not sold anymore (I think?) so I’m like what the heeeeeeck are we gonna do this time?! There must be something similar????? [emoji30]

hakrueg
August 26th, 2020, 10:43 AM

Abifasc
August 27th, 2020, 08:40 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200827/2b4c2d049bb96c219ea5c0f90c878be8.plist
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200827/fcaebf8cbf39d990d603d125ba860ee4.plist
Good morning! I get to join this group!!!! [emoji323][emoji322]

hakrueg
August 27th, 2020, 09:12 AM

Abifasc
August 27th, 2020, 09:25 AM
Omg! Omg! Omg! Congratulations! Happy to have you!

Thank you!!!!!

hotlikemexico
August 27th, 2020, 09:28 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200827/2b4c2d049bb96c219ea5c0f90c878be8.plist
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200827/fcaebf8cbf39d990d603d125ba860ee4.plist
Good morning! I get to join this group!!!! [emoji323][emoji322]

AHHHH! Congrats! [emoji7][emoji2956][emoji322][emoji3060] so exciting!!!!

I will come back in a little bit to write proper replies when I’m in between my split shifts at work but I saw the notification for the username and the group and I instantly knew and had to come say congrats! [emoji178]

Abifasc
August 27th, 2020, 09:32 AM
AHHHH! Congrats! [emoji7][emoji2956][emoji322][emoji3060] so exciting!!!!

I will come back in a little bit to write proper replies when I’m in between my split shifts at work but I saw the notification for the username and the group and I instantly knew and had to come say congrats! [emoji178]

Aw that makes me so happy!!! Thank you so much!!! I’m SO excited!!!

hakrueg
August 28th, 2020, 11:19 PM

hotlikemexico
August 29th, 2020, 11:02 AM
I’m not sure what our transmission rate is here but I live in a rural area so we are always kind of quarantined. Lol!

The hospital I’m going to has 1 midwife and 2 OBs. I will push for the midwife and just see for myself. Id love if she spent more time with me. I loved my last OB but she really was only there for like 1/2 an hour. Lol

Ohhhh, baby wearing! Duh. I forgot all about that because I haven’t worn Charlie since she started walking. That’s what I was kind of thinking... it would be bulky. I also just don’t want to spend more money on equipment. It’s expensive and we already have everything. I hate to add “gadgets” that aren’t unnecessary.

I’m not doing much for working out besides walking. The boy sway has you doing muscle building exercise for less than 45 minutes 4 days a week. I was good about that for several months but then burnt out. I have work out ADD. Switching around my work out was my demise. I just couldn’t find a program that I really liked and ended up just walking in it’s place. That is one thing that does concern me about my sway. However, I’m hoping that it could also be a positive thing. I’m hoping my body sees its as an improvement that I am no longer working as hard for the same amount of calories. We shall see. [emoji1695]

We got a rocknplay just before they were recalled and I used it without problems. I even loaned it to my friend and she loved it too. I will likely use it again. They do have those fisher price rock with me now!! It’s a bassinet so it’s flat with sides and it rocks side to side instead of back and forth. There’s also more expensive versions from other brands like the momaroo if you’re into the finer things. Lol

This is my last semester in nursing school and I’m hoping to work in L&D. I just took a doula class a couple weekends ago which was a lot of fun! I’m hoping that’ll make me more competitive.

Yes I stopped wearing my boys once they got bigger too and started walking. Once they could walk they were over being carried anyway! Lol. When DS2 was almost born I ordered a custom ring sling from this lady who makes great ones. It's light gray fabric and I love it. I need to find where it went when we put all the baby stuff away!

We took apart our rock n play a while ago (before we had officially decided that we were going to try for a third) with the intentions of sending the pieces back in for the recall and getting the voucher for the recall. BUT we never actually sent it in, though I'm not sure where the pieces went. If we can find them all again and put it back together we will probably use it again also. It really was a lifesaver. I'll have to look into the rock with me also, thanks! And I've seen the mamaroos too, I think they look awesome. Maybe since this is our third and we don't need a lot (like you said we already have everything), we can splurge on something like the mammaroo. I'm so behind on all the baby gear -- we haven't had a baby in the house in four years haha!

And oh wow, nursing school! You go girl!! I tried TWICE. I went into nursing school directly after high school and dropped out after my first year. Then after I started working in L&D I couldn't imagine working anywhere else, so went BACK to nursing school with the intentions of being an L&D nurse. Then after my first clinical rotation I was like NOPE haha, I realized working with patients like that was NOT for me. That's so awesome that you took doula classes! I thought about that too but realized if I couldn't work with patients in a nursing aspect then I couldn't do it as a doula either. And THAT is how I ended up as a medical coder, LOL. When will you be done, like when is your last semester over?

hotlikemexico
August 29th, 2020, 12:42 PM
Sorry for double posting! I wanted to reply to the other before I forgot!

Yes Abi when are you due, did your figure out your due date? From your chart in your other thread it looks like you're about a week behind me :)

Actually when is everyone due? Did we officially say? I can't remember! My due date based on ovulation is May 2nd. <3

hakrueg I had the awful hip pain too late in my pregnancy with DS2! It got so bad I couldn't walk. I had some type of joint separation, I forget what exactly. My midwife sent me to a chiropractor and it helped a ton and thankfully went away after he was born. I haven't had any hip pain yet thankfully!

My boobs are KILLING ME though! I swear they grow more overnight. I was spilling out of my bra yesterday. I already need new ones!! I've never had my boobs grow this quick this early in pregnancy. I'm amazed haha

ALSO the exciting news, I had my "pregnancy confirmation app" yesterday. The pee stick in their office was just as positive as mine.. what a surprise, LOL. BUUUUT the best news, they scheduled me for an early ultrasound, AND my prenatal intake appt! I go for the ultrasound on Wednesday Sept 9th. I'll be 6w3d. I know too early to see anything gender wise lol. I'm just so excited to have an early ultrasound!! I've never had one before 9 weeks. My old midwife we had to ask for ultrasounds. Then my prenatal intake is the following week on the 15th. :D So excited!

Has anyone had an ultrasound that early before? Google is giving me a wide range of possibilities. I've read everything from it being completely normal to not see anything other than a sac, to being able to actually see the heartbeat. Anyone have any experiences with that to share?

Abifasc
August 29th, 2020, 07:36 PM
Abi, when are you due?? Do you plan to remain team green or find out??

Nothing new here but my hips did really bother me today. I don’t remember that happening til much later in pregnancy. Odd! [emoji2370]

I’m due May 10th! What about you? I definitely want to find out ASAP!! My husband mentioned going team green but I can’t handle it.

Abifasc
August 29th, 2020, 07:39 PM
Congratulations HLM I can’t wait to see your ultrasound pictures!!

Based on my bbt chart I’m due May 10th! I’m so excited!! I am friends with my OB so I already texted her and she wants to see me at 8 weeks so end of September!

I have super painful boobs and my skin is breaking out. I’m exhausted and have cold/flu symptoms (which I’m sure is from pregnancy not an actual cold). I love it all though because I wanted to be pregnant so badly!

hotlikemexico
August 29th, 2020, 08:50 PM
Congratulations HLM I can’t wait to see your ultrasound pictures!!

Based on my bbt chart I’m due May 10th! I’m so excited!! I am friends with my OB so I already texted her and she wants to see me at 8 weeks so end of September!

I have super painful boobs and my skin is breaking out. I’m exhausted and have cold/flu symptoms (which I’m sure is from pregnancy not an actual cold). I love it all though because I wanted to be pregnant so badly!

That’s so awesome you have such a good relationship with your OB! [emoji3590]

But wait... can cold and flu symptoms be a pregnancy thing?! [emoji15] I’ve had that too, since the night of my bfp! I feel like mine is an actual cold though. I started with sneezing and runny nose that night which progressed to congestion and blocked sinuses the next day. That was a week and a half ago now. I’m mostly fine during the day, just a little bit of stuffiness, and then it comes back and night and I wake up all congested again. I feel like mine is prob a cold though lol

Abifasc
August 29th, 2020, 09:02 PM
Yes it is!! You can google it- cold symptoms early pregnancy symptom and it’s one of the most common!

hotlikemexico
August 30th, 2020, 12:56 AM
Yes it is!! You can google it- cold symptoms early pregnancy symptom and it’s one of the most common!

Oh wow, that’s crazy! I don’t think I had it with my second, but I’m pretty sure I did with my first also. All I remember with DS1 was blowing my nose constantly and there being a little bit of blood every time I blew my nose. I actually thought I was pregnant before my bfp that time just because the bleeding was so out of the ordinary for me! And I had the same exact thing this time — little bit of blood every time I blew my nose, when I was really stuffy last week.

Bodies are so weird, especially when pregnant, lol!

Abifasc
August 30th, 2020, 07:43 AM
Yes!!! I had the exact same thing- I had 2 nosebleeds at 6 and 7 dpo and I was like mmmmmmm that’s only something I get when pregnant!!

hotlikemexico
August 30th, 2020, 12:19 PM
Yes!!! I had the exact same thing- I had 2 nosebleeds at 6 and 7 dpo and I was like mmmmmmm that’s only something I get when pregnant!!

LOL same! I never get nosebleeds ever. It happened to me again this morning actually [emoji23] so crazy. I definitely did not have it with DS2, I distinctly remember being almost a little worried because I didn’t have it as a symptom that time. But with DS2 I also had awful nausea through the first tri, which I did NOT have with DS1. So far so good this time, I’m hoping this one ends up continuing to be like my first pregnancy, first the nosebleeds and hopefully the nausea will stay away too! [emoji1695][emoji1695] I’m 5 weeks today, I can’t remember when it kicked in with DS2 lol

hakrueg
August 30th, 2020, 07:42 PM

hotlikemexico
August 30th, 2020, 09:12 PM
I’m due April 30th. I was induced once I hit term (37 weeks) with my first though due to Cholestasis. There’s a high change I’ll have it again so we’ll see.

I’m pretty positive I will find out this time via NIPT and just keep a secret from DH. I told him last night that I was pretty set on finding out and he gave in a little so maybe he will even let me tell him. I’d make it fun if he gives me the go head.

Omg. Dead tired today. My whole body just feels heavy. I’m happy I’m not nauseous or hurting but man, I feel like I could sleep for days on end.

Oh wow! I wrote my term paper in my human diseases class on cholestasis so I learned a LOT about it, haha. Hopefully you will luck out and not get it this time! [emoji1695] Though I have no idea the stats on it with subsequent pregnancies but I will hope for you!

Both my boys were born early ish, DS1 at 39.1 and DS2 at 38.6 so If this baby follows suit I will likely have an April baby also! Sorry if I mentioned that already — between here and the due date group on Reddit, I can’t remember what I said where! [emoji23]

And yay for finding out! There’s so many cute ways you could tell him if he decides he wants to know [emoji3526] That would be fun!

I feel you on the tiredness! I feel pretty good overall but yep I pass out early and hard every night. I’m a night owl so it’s weird for me to be asleep before midnight but I am SO tired!

nishi
August 31st, 2020, 12:32 PM
Nausea, anyone else feeling Nausea [emoji43]? i am having very bad Nausea all the day , only 5 weeks pregnant .

hotlikemexico
August 31st, 2020, 01:38 PM
Nausea, anyone else feeling Nausea [emoji43]? i am having very bad Nausea all the day , only 5 weeks pregnant .

Oh no, that’s the worst! None here so far yet *knock on wood* at 5w1d. I had bad nausea the first tri with my second but none really with my first. Hoping this one follows the same line as the first haha

nishi
August 31st, 2020, 04:59 PM
Yes it's a very bad, i had very bad nausea and vomiting with my first baby, and now it's already started [emoji43] in 5 weeks 2 days

Abifasc
August 31st, 2020, 06:42 PM
I’m not nauseous at all yet! 4 weeks today. I’m wondering if it will start! I have 4 boys and got sicker with each one so I’m definitely expecting the nausea soon.

hotlikemexico
August 31st, 2020, 10:37 PM
Conversely I have the opposite — I’m hungry all the time and can’t stop stuffing my face. [emoji30]

hotlikemexico
September 7th, 2020, 05:32 PM
How is everyone? I’m 6w1d today and the nausea started yesterday. [emoji30] I was really hoping to avoid it this time! I had almost none with DS1, but horrible nausea with DS2. It’s not terrible right now, hopefully it doesn’t get much worse! I can deal with it at this level lol

nishi
September 8th, 2020, 09:30 AM
How is everyone? I’m 6w1d today and the nausea started yesterday. [emoji30] I was really hoping to avoid it this time! I had almost none with DS1, but horrible nausea with DS2. It’s not terrible right now, hopefully it doesn’t get much worse! I can deal with it at this level lol

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSame happening with me,i hate it i am feeling vomiting all the day , i took an appointment on Thursday, i am wishing if she can suggest some medicine to me for nausea. How are you dealing with it? I mean any medicine or anything that helps you?

Mommylife
September 8th, 2020, 11:53 AM
Hey nisha clear your inbox

hotlikemexico
September 8th, 2020, 04:02 PM
Same happening with me,i hate it i am feeling vomiting all the day , i took an appointment on Thursday, i am wishing if she can suggest some medicine to me for nausea. How are you dealing with it? I mean any medicine or anything that helps you?

Mine thankfully is not that bad. As long as I don’t let myself get too hungry, I am okay. Hopefully it stays that way!

I had really bad nausea with my second, though. My midwife prescribed Diclegis. She gave me a sample and a coupon, because often insurance companies won’t cover it, and it can be expensive. The over the counter version is Unisom and vitamin B6. Did you figure out what provider you are going to see yet? I would suggest giving them a call and asking about Diclegis or the over the counter version!

hakrueg
September 8th, 2020, 04:03 PM

hotlikemexico
September 8th, 2020, 08:40 PM
I’m 7 weeks tomorrow. I get a little nausea here and there. Sometimes it’s horrible and sometimes it corrected when I eat. No vomiting yet and I didn’t last pregnancy either. I’m dead tired though. I feel like I can barely move.

Did any of you ladies have the NIPT donein the past? I didn’t get it last time and was considering it this time. I just made an appt for 9 weeks and mentioned to the receptionist that I wanted to have it done and she said ok. I’m just wondering if I should reach out to the OB and ask her? The receptionist didn’t even know what it was. Lol! Is this something they need to prepare for or do I just mentioned at my first appt and they send me down to lab? Sounds like everyone else made a separate appt for it?

I didn’t have it last time, back then it was only offered to women with high risk pregnancies or who were 35 and over. BUT everything I have seen at work, it’s just done as a lab draw in between visits. I think it can be done as early as 9w? But here they do 10w. I have my prenatal intake appt with one of the midwives next Tuesday the 15th, and I’m going to talk to her about it then. When is your first appt? As long as it’s before 10w, I would prob just ask your OB about it then [emoji4]

Edited to add: hopefully this link works, but check this out! It should be covered for everyone now since ACOG officially recommends it for all pregnancies!

https://www.reddit.com/r/BabyBumps/comments/ip50hb/nipt_testing_and_updated_guidelines_from_acog/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

hakrueg
September 8th, 2020, 10:51 PM

hotlikemexico
September 9th, 2020, 11:02 AM
I just saw that today too!! My appt is the 24th. I’ll be 9w 1day. I’d honestly rather do at 10 weeks just to have some leeway in case I’m off. Also, I feel like it’ll be more accurate.

So exciting! I think my insurance has already been covering it based on what I’ve seen at work, but if they try to deny it now, I can fight it with the info that it’s recommended by ACOG for all pregnancies. I’m going to do it at 10w+ too, which will be first week of October for me. I would def ask your OB about it when you go! Hopefully they can schedule you for it then. Hopefully same for me as well lol

ALSO I had my ultrasound this morning! It was PERFECT [emoji178] She said all the measurements were great. We saw the heartbeat! [emoji7][emoji2956] she was able to measure it too, 133bpm! I’m so happy and relieved! Also she said I ovulated from the right side. So cool to me that they can see that!

Here’s my little uterus inhabitant! [emoji178] The big circle is the yolk sac snd the white blob is the baby. Looks kind of like an upside down diamond ring, I think! [emoji23][emoji183]
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200909/d4a55d54a14cf7de587e5ad12c325d5c.jpg

hakrueg
September 9th, 2020, 01:52 PM

hotlikemexico
September 9th, 2020, 08:52 PM
Thanks! [emoji178] I know, it’s crazy to me that we can see the heartbeat so early! [emoji4]

So idk if I’ve mentioned this before but I have a history of a herniated disc, L5/S1, I had to get an epidural steroid injection in July 2018 and I haven’t had any problems since then.

Well, this morning, sometime after my ultrasound, I stood up from my desk chair while working, and felt that same lightning bolt pain shooting down my leg. It’s only gotten worse since then, I can’t stand up straight and DH had to help me walk from the bathroom back to the couch. I’m so upset, I don’t know what I’m going to do, can’t take motrin and Tylenol doesn’t touch it. The first time I injured the disc they gave me a prednisone taper and that helped, I don’t even know if we can take that while pregnant?

I’m going to have to call the office first thing in the morning, but I haven’t even had my first prenatal appt yet and haven’t met any of the Midwives, so idk what they’ll do. I’m freaking out [emoji27] I keep thinking how screwed I am, if I blew out my back at only 6w3d pregnant, what’s going to happen as the pregnancy progresses and I have a big belly?! [emoji30]

hakrueg
September 9th, 2020, 10:12 PM

hotlikemexico
September 9th, 2020, 10:30 PM
That must be scary and kind of nerve wracking! I believe there are plenty of safe options during pregnancy. You figure they help you manage pain while in labor so they should have the ability at any other time in pregnancy. I hope you are able to get some sleep despite being in pain! Keep us updated. I’ll be thinking of you!

Thanks! I’ve been doing tons of googling (I know not always best) and it looks like an MRI to evaluate is safe and possibly steroids and definitely PT. I was able to heal it the first time I injured it with the prednisone and PT and lots of time and rest. Hopefully something similar. I’ll let you know how it goes after I call the office in the morning. Thanks again! [emoji178]

Disneylover
September 11th, 2020, 07:16 PM
Hello! Glad to be on here with everyone. I will be due may 22/23 according to my ovulation date. First OB appt is October 5th. Swayed for a girl. Just catching up on what everyone has said. Symptoms here-even though I'm only 4 weeks. Strong sense of smell and my mid back is killing me. Nauseous basically all morning/afternoon. I had nothing like this last time! I barely felt pregnant until like 30 weeks with my boy.

hakrueg
September 12th, 2020, 01:06 PM

Disneylover
September 12th, 2020, 01:20 PM
Thank you! I'll take all the dust hah. I started swaying basically right after my son was born. Trying to implement what I could. Started off slow, just vegan and walking here and there. Really kicked it up around 7-8 months ago. Started having more caffeine, going out To eat basically only once a week. Skipping breakfast daily. Working out every day. I didn't track exact calories or anything because I have previously been anorexic so that kind of mentality isn't great for me. However, I was able to still be aware of What I was eating and how much. My husband did all of that with me. He also started smoking more and drinking less caffeine. We're really excited! I just can't believe these symptoms already. I about died from morning sickness today. :(

hakrueg
September 12th, 2020, 01:28 PM

hotlikemexico
September 12th, 2020, 01:49 PM
Woohoo! Hi and welcome and congrats Disneylover! Sounds like a great pink sway! [emoji16][emoji178] I had the crazy sense of smell from like 7dpo lol two days before I got my bfp. It’s always been an early symptom for me.

I’m sorry everyone seems to be dealing with the nausea and sickness! [emoji30] Mine comes and goes, I really only notice it first thing when I wake up, and if I let myself get too hungry. I actually think the nausea first thing in the morning is from not eating so long overnight lol! Actually I came very close to throwing up first thing Thursday morning but I’m not sure if that was only from the hunger nausea or thanks to the excruciating pain from my back. [emoji31]

hakrueg I feel you on the fatigue! I’m not a nap person but I’ve been taking naps daily and falling asleep super early. Last night I passed out on the couch at like 1030pm haha which is SO EARLY for me, I’m usually up until after midnight!

My lovely new symptom is food aversions. [emoji58] for the past day and a half, I’ve only been able to eat sweet foods. I’m definitely a salt person, so it sucks! I also bought a bag of arugula and a bunch of veggies earlier in the week to make salads, and now I can’t even LOOK at the veggies. I’m so mad! [emoji23] I have a ton of Buffalo Wild Wings leftovers in the fridge that I’m dying to eat, but the sight of them makes my stomach turn. UGH!

As for my back, I was 100% right — the neurosurgery guys won’t touch me, because of being pregnant. [emoji26] Won't prescribe anything other than Tylenol which doesn't touch it. He did order me for PT so I'll be starting this week hopefully. I asked about a repeat steroid injection but it would have to be a "blind" injection because they can't use fluoroscopy on pregnant people and he said the pain doctor prob wouldn't even be comfortable doing a blind injection. [emoji20] So I have to talk to them at the OB office on Tuesday at my first appt and see if they can prescribe a steroid dose pack, idk if I can take it or not, that would help the inflammation. I might not even need it by Tuesday, we'll see. I would never take narcotics either. It’s SLIGHTLY better today. I “slept” until almost 1130 so that helped. I kept waking up all night to change positions but I think the sleep at least helped relax my back spasm which helped a bit. I was able to get out of bed on my own, stand up straight, and walk around so far today, which is a huge improvement from yesterday. I’m going to give it my all with PT, keep up with it at home, focus on really adjusting my posture at work (that damn desk chair is what did me in again!!), and as soon as I’m healed start up slowly with exercise again, light walking and go from there. I will do ANYTHING not to experience this again. I’m terrified of it happening again when I’m further along with a big belly!

Anyway, that’s my update. Sorry for the book! [emoji23] one thing you guys will learn about me is that I talk way too much, Hahahaha. So don’t be afraid to type away either, I love reading everyone’s updates! [emoji16]

hakrueg
September 12th, 2020, 02:09 PM

hotlikemexico
September 12th, 2020, 02:32 PM
I agree, it’s kind of annoying! It’s like, oh, you’re pregnant? Hands off from me, just deal with it! I actually was reading on some doctor message boards the other day when I was searching for steroid injections on pregnant women. One guy actually said, “bite a rope and deal with it.” Oh man that sent me into pregnancy rage [emoji23] what an A HOLE! Leave it to a man to say something like that. [emoji849] being pregnant is not easy and then add nerve pain on top of that — “just deal with it,” thanks dude. [emoji1305] And yes I’ve been alternating heat and ice. The ice helps a little bit more but both help loosen the back spasm a bit. Usually they give flexeril or Valium, but again, can’t do that while pregnant. [emoji31] I’m trying though! Might go for a walk around the block with DH and the kids later because walking and moving around actually helps the most. Staying in one position for too long makes it way worse!

And that’s awesome for your friend! How exciting! Do you know how long it took her to get her NIPT results back? It seems like the average time around here is 9-10 days, from what I’ve seen and read at work.

As for instincts, I don’t trust mine at all. [emoji23] With DS1, I was sure he was a boy, and I was right of course, but we also wanted a boy first, so I feel like it was more to do with that than instinct. With DS2, I was 100% convinced he was a girl. For one my pregnancy was 100% different — I had horrible nausea with him, and none at all with DS1. I had vivid dreams I was carrying a girl. Everyone told me it was a girl. I was so convinced. But nope, the penis was undeniable on my anatomy scan. [emoji28] I honestly haven’t had any feelings either way this time. I’ve seen it going both ways. I’ve tried to accept that I’m destined to be surrounded by boys, so that I will be okay with it, and a girl would be the best surprise. Of course I have my hopes up though, since I feel like I did a pretty good job with my sway. Everything about my lifestyle and diet was a complete 180 than with both my boys. I know symptoms mean nothing, but weirdly enough, this pregnancy has been sort of a mix between what my first two were like with the boys. It’s like middle of the road nausea and aversions, whereas both my boys were the opposite ends of the spectrum. No nausea and horrible nausea. I was super fatigued with DS2, even more than this one, I could barely make it past 9pm most nights. So of course if anything the little voice is my head is like “this one is different than both the boys so maybe it’s a girl!” And I have to yell at myself SYMPTOMS MEAN NOTHING!!!! Lol.

Any thoughts on how you’re going to find out with the NIPT results? I know from reading at work that my office calls you with the results, tells you what the risk is for the trisomies, then they ask if you want to know gender. I read one record this week where the mom asked them to put the gender in an envelope and then she picked it up from the office. I think I am going to do that [emoji4] that way DH and I can open it together! I could never do a gender reveal like lots of my friends. I need to know right away, and I know if it’s another boy I am definitely going to cry. I want to do that in private, not surrounded by a bunch of people, haha

Disneylover
September 12th, 2020, 03:04 PM
Wow this back thing seems
Horrible!
I'm sorry you have to go through that and hopefully someone can help you. I hate how they do that to pregnant women like won't give you anything at all.
I'm really struggling with the NIPT just deciding whether to get the gender results from it or not. Of course it would be super awesome to know early on that it worked and I got my girl! But it was really hard finding out so early last time. The depression never really went away until after birth. It was a rough 6 months. I would never do a gender reveal to anyone either! Food aversions have started slightly for me. I pretty much lived off doughnuts for the last three days so I feel you on sweets. Coffee which I craved with my son makes me soooo sick. I hope everyone starts feeling better soon! I actually don't have the fatigue this time around! More insomniac than anything. It's awhole new ball game.

hotlikemexico
September 12th, 2020, 04:07 PM
Nerve pain really is the worst. I wouldn't wish this on ANYONE! It honestly took away all of my excitement over being pregnant when it happened. :( But earlier today I walked into my office and saw my ultrasound picture propped up on my desk. It reminded me that I really am pregnant and brought back some of the excitement. This too shall pass, and I don't want to miss the excitement and enjoyment of being pregnant just because of my current injury!

How early did you find out last time disneylover? Did you get the NIPT then? I've never had it, so with both my boys I found out at my anatomy scan at 18w. It was AGONY waiting that long, hahaha. I am not a patient person AT ALL!! I know what you mean about the depression though. I was sad for a loooong time after I found out DS2 was a boy also. The way I look at it is: the longer I wait to find out, the longer I have to convince myself that it's a girl. I don't want to build up all that false hope if it ends up being another boy. I feel like I will be twice as let down and upset then. To me at least, the sooner I know, the better. This is very likely our last, so, if it is indeed boy #3, I think I'm going to need a bit extra time to accept that, get used to it, and start bonding with baby.

Also, that stinks about the coffee! Most days, coffee is the only thing that gets me through the morning at work, hahaha. It has not made me sick at all, thank god. Cutting back has been a big bummer. :(

hakrueg
September 12th, 2020, 04:34 PM

Disneylover
September 12th, 2020, 04:36 PM
I found out last time at 12.5 weeks with the test. Idk I feel like for me it's either find out early or at birth haha. Because you're right the Hope building up would suck and at least at birth hopefully I'd be overwhelmed enough it would be okay. I haven't decided yet. I'm trying to look at it as, no matter when I find out the decision is already made, it was made at conception, waiting won't change it haha. Luckily this isn't our last but I really would like it to be a girl so this weight is lifted. I can finally feel at peace with our next few kids just being a surprise. Plus we want to go on a. Big trip in a couple years so we're thinking of waiting until after that to have kids 3 and 4. It's a confusing time for sure. I wish you all the pink dust though. Something just feels good about This, I hope You feel it too! Plus we both got our BFP at 9DPO that has to mean something right???

hotlikemexico
September 12th, 2020, 05:11 PM
See I could never do the surprise! I give props to people who go team green. There's just no way I could ever do that. I NEED to know ahead of time. It's bad. I agree though I do feel good about it! I know I did a good job with my sway, so even if it IS boy #3, I know that I gave it my all and did everything that I could, so another boy was just meant to be. And then if it is a girl, then it's a dream come true. Can't go wrong either way really... at the end of the day I'm just SO EXCITED for another baby! :) Also I got my bfp at 9dpo with DS2, haha. So for me that doesn't mean a whole lot! Lol

hakrueg YUP men are the worst with pain. And SICKNESS! Any time my DH gets a cold he acts like he's dying. LOL

And that's so awesome it took her only 5 days to get it back!! I hooooope mine is that quick. I also really would love to get the email too, I'm just not sure if that's an option here. Let us know how your friend found out if you ask! I know that my office does the Panorama test which is done by the company Natera. I've already poked around on their website, and I know that they have a patient portal. I'm just not sure if I'll be able to use it? I know that Natera faxes the Panorama results over to the office, because I've seen the result pages scanned into the records. The organization uses Epic for medical records so we get to use the MyChart app, which links to Epic so we can see our test results and such. BUT since the Panorama is a scanned result, it's not linked to MyChart. :( Technically I could pull up my own record in Epic while working, however we are not supposed to do that. I've done it before and gotten away with it, but they can track us at any time, and I REALLY have no desire to be disciplined over looking up my own test results, lmao. It's going to be sooooooo hard not to though! I'm gonna ask them at the office if they know anything about the patient portal Natera has and if I'll be able to use it. If not, I might ask if they can give me a copy of the results in an envelope instead of just writing the gender. I was planning on just giving the NIPT results to my mom in an envelope to tell her that I'm pregnant, because maybe she won't be as judgmental if she sees the gender result first (hopefully a girl) and can imagine a little baby.

Which brings me to a good question, how are you all planning to tell your families?

hakrueg
September 12th, 2020, 10:43 PM

hakrueg
September 13th, 2020, 01:09 PM

hotlikemexico
September 13th, 2020, 01:23 PM
Oh wow thanks for finding that out! I hope that’s an option here too, it would save me from having to drive to the office to pick up the envelope, haha.

And woohoo that’s so exciting about your sister! So your babies will be pretty close in age too! [emoji16] My DS1’s cousin was born literally the DAY before him, she was Dec 18th and he was Dec 19th. Her mom went a week late and I went a week early. [emoji23] Unfortunately we hardly ever see his cousin because there’s tons of drama and court stuff with her mother. [emoji3525] But when we do get to see them they always have fun together. That’s really cool though that it’s your SISTER and your babies will be so close in age! I don’t think my sister will ever have kids tbh, if she does it won’t be for a LONG time. But my DH is the oldest of four so at least our kids have some cousins on that side!

As for when to tell them... you and I are pretty close timelinewise, so I imagine we’ll be finding out about mid October-ish what we’re having via NIPT results. Do you think that’s enough time after your sister’s baby has been born to tell them? Baby will be a couple weeks old, announce baby & gender all at once, and then there’s even more excitement to go around when everyone realizes your babies will be super close in age [emoji16]

hakrueg
September 13th, 2020, 02:55 PM

Disneylover
September 14th, 2020, 10:19 AM
Sorry, my phone didn't tell me there was a new post!
My parents are coming to visit in about a month (they live out of state) so I just was going to tell them when they get here. Thinking of putting my DS in his big brother shirt and picking them up that way. My mom knows we've been trying so I don't think she will be surprised. We will probably tell my husband's parents on Halloween. It's our anniversary and we're going to do a cute announcement then anyways. I tried to have coffee again today because I was tired. BIG mistake, I am currently dying as we speak. So I guess it's confirmed-this baby hates coffee.
With my NIPT they posted all of the chromosome results to my portal but I had to actually call to get the gender. I think I would rather them post them so my husband can look first. I'm just getting really excited for my first appt! It's not until October 5th, and it seems like time is passing much slower this time around. Maybe that's a good thing? I know mother's intuition can be wrong with gender. With my last I feel like I knew deep down it was a boy but I couldn't accept it. This time I feel like I just [I]know[I] it's a girl.
Or twins? My husband is convinced it's twins now for some reason. All because the little girl I nanny for said so. She knew I was pregnant the day before I took a test- when I was leaving she kissed my belly and said goodbye baby. I was like ??????? The next day I took a test and sure enough! So now she's told me it's twins and my husband believes her :p

hakrueg
September 14th, 2020, 07:48 PM

Disneylover
September 16th, 2020, 02:31 PM
Cramps can be scary! I feel like I'm noticing every little thing this time. Since my last one I basically had zero symptoms-aside from sore boobs. Dr.Pepper for the win! I'm trying to find a caffeine substitute since this little babe doesn't want me drinking coffee. I am excited about the t-shirt, I think we're going for full surprise this time around. For his parents I think we might just do a slideshow video, half of it being normal pictures then the second half like announcement board, my son in his shirt, the pregnancy test etc.

Mommylife
September 17th, 2020, 11:04 AM
Hey guys !! I’m 5DPO today
When did you guys take the test ? I’m trying not to waste so much money on the test !! But it’s really hard to wait [emoji39]!! My 28th birthday tomarrow!! We are doing a little party next weekend! I hope I’ll get positive then so I can announce it to my mom and brothers [emoji3590]

hakrueg
September 19th, 2020, 12:16 AM

Mommylife
September 19th, 2020, 12:32 PM
Ok dear thank you !! I’m 7DPO Today !! I’ll wait until 11DPO [emoji3059]

hakrueg
September 19th, 2020, 10:44 PM

Mommylife
September 20th, 2020, 12:47 AM
Hey dear !! Did you had any watery discharge around 8-9 DPO ?? Everything seems like symptom to me [emoji2957][emoji2957]

hakrueg
September 20th, 2020, 03:54 PM

Disneylover
September 21st, 2020, 10:01 AM
Hey! glad to hear your feeling better. So exciting your first appt is coming up. Mine isn't until Oct 5th. Only two more weeks. My symptoms have just been getting worse. Still nauseous all the time, strong aversions to anything really salty or vinegary. Like can't even stand to me near pickles or horseradish (which my husband loves). Only food that sounds good are carbs and sweets. Avocado toast and raisin bran are my go to meals right now. Driving makes me super sick, and I've almost run out of my ginger candies :(. Still can't have coffee unless I want to be sick the entire rest of the day. And I start my long week back of work this week so.... I'm struggling haha. But I'm glad you're doing so well!

hakrueg
September 23rd, 2020, 06:54 PM

Mommylife
September 23rd, 2020, 08:16 PM
Hey good luck !!! I did the baking soda gender test with my girls !! Both time it’s correct!!!! Hope it’s correct for you [emoji3590]
I’m 11 DPO tomarrow!!! I’m going to test it in the morning !!! Pls send me all the healthy blue dust ladies !!!!!! Super excited [emoji4]!!

hakrueg
September 23rd, 2020, 11:43 PM

hakrueg
September 24th, 2020, 06:39 PM

nishi
September 24th, 2020, 07:50 PM
I had my first appointment today and everything went accordingly. I am set up to get lab draws this time next week where they will also get blood for the NIPT. I’ll be 10 weeks 1 day. The nurse said I should try to do it a couple days after I turn 10 weeks just in case my tracking was a little off. She said that if I do it before 10 weeks, the test is null. However, I think that’s dated info? I thought the new guidance was at least 9 weeks? I mean I should be in the safe zone either way but she’s got me a little nervous now.

They said they would give me a call to go over the results so I’ll probably ask them to either input the info in my online chart or do the envelope option. I don’t want to learn over the phone.

HLM, how has your back pain been??

Here’s my 9 week old. Lol https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200924/a9361f4346737beb3ba4c04ad8688f9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHii happy to see you little baby, how's everything going are you having any nausea or vomiting? I am having my first appointment tomorrow [emoji847]

hotlikemexico
September 25th, 2020, 12:37 AM
hakrueg YAY for an ultrasound! OMG I love it! [emoji7] VS my little blob/diamond ring at 6 weeks [emoji1787] I’m so happy you had a good appt! So exciting!

Sorry I’ve been MIA everyone! This pregnancy is literally kicking my ASS. Omg. The exhaustion set in BIIIIIG TIME. For the last week+ I’ve taken a 2-3 hour nap on the couch every night after work. Not even by choice, literally I’m just laying there with heat or ice on my back after work and next thing I know three hours have gone by and the kids and DH have eaten dinner and I’m just like waking up like WUHHH. [emoji23] it’s bad! I’m so tired all the time that I haven’t even been able to keep up with the pregnancy apps on my phone and I haven’t gotten on here in a while!

I actually had my first appt over a week ago! Tuesday the 15th. I met with one of the midwives and we basically went over my entire life history LOL since this is a new practice for me. The day before my appt, last Monday, the nausea really ramped up for me, so I asked her also about Diclegis, which I got a sample of from my midwife last pregnancy. She said they don’t even bother to prescribe Diclegis since insurances won’t cover it, so she prescribed me high dose vitamin B6 and Unisom. I’m SO GLAD I asked her then while I was there, because the nausea’s only gotten WORSE! After about 3 days the combo really started to work, and now I wake up just hungry instead of nauseous. Unfortunately it creeps back up again in the late evening, usually after I wake up from my accidental nap, but I’ll take it! A couple hours at night is much, much better then all day, unrelenting nausea, which was what it had become before I started taking it.

As for my back, it’s gotten MUCH better! Thanks for asking [emoji3590] I feel great when I first get up in the morning, and also on the weekends when I don’t work. My damn desk kills me! I alternate between sitting on an exercise ball and sitting in my desk chair with my lumbar pillow, but either way, being stuck at that desk all day makes the pain come back. It’s still so much better than it was, no more nerve pain really, just soreness. I really need to start walking again so I can ease my way back into exercising which will also help my back a ton! But I’m always so damn tired, I haven’t gotten out to walk yet! [emoji30]

ANYWAY, so that’s my update! Sorry for the book! A lot has happened in two ish weeks, haha. I’m so excited things are finally happening for us! hakrueg I will be getting my NIPT drawn at 10w1d too! My lab appt is on October 7th! I’ll be getting the rest of my prenatal labs done then too. I wouldn’t worry about not being far enough along... I believe the Natera website (company that does Panorama) says it can be done as early as 9 weeks. I think 10+1 is well in the safe zone! So funny that we’ll be the same GA on the days we get it drawn. I’ll actually be 10+3 by my calculations BUT they insisted on moving my due date back two days to May 4th (in line with LMP rather than O day) because that’s what I measured on the u/s. Kinda frustrating but I’m also happy to have Star Wars day as my due date! [emoji23]

ALSO forgot to mention my next appt after the NIPT/lab appt is Monday the 19th, which will be my prenatal “physical” with one of the midwives. I’ll be just about 12w. Then that Friday the 23rd I have an appt for my nuchal translucency ultrasound! So exciting!

Okay it’s 1230am and I need to go to bed. [emoji23] I hope everyone else is doing well! Seems like a lot of us have pretty bad nausea here. [emoji24] Disneylover this baby seems to hate coffee too! It’s killing me because I need the caffeine [emoji24][emoji24]

ProudMom90
September 25th, 2020, 09:19 AM
Hello ladies!
So excited and in awe that I got my positive this morning. Can’t believe it.
Yesterday morning I told myself snd believed that I was not pregnant this month, which is okay cause it was our first month TTC.
I had lost 2lbs in a week, had very little to no symptoms and if anything thought I might be coming down with the flu... BUT... then around 2pm my breast hurt a little andi could feel little needle sharp pains in them... then we went out to dinner that evening and after 5 bites i had to literally run the bathroom. The nausea was soooo bad and I threw up three times during our dinner with the family.
Then i thought.... could it be?
I was so scared to take the test this morning: but here she is! 11dpo today

Hoping for sticky pink dust!42856

Mommylife
September 25th, 2020, 09:24 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200925/a362630955e59f7a353aafef14c0f060.jpg
I got my BFP today tooo !!! 12 DPO !!
[emoji3589]

Mommylife
September 25th, 2020, 09:24 AM
Hello ladies!
Yesterday morning I told myself snd believed that I was not pregnant this month, which is okay cause it was our first month TTC.
I had lost 2lbs in a week, had very little to no symptoms and if anything thought I might be coming down with the flu... BUT... then around 2pm my breast hurt a little andi could feel little needle sharp pains in them... then we went out to dinner that evening and after 5 bites i had to literally run the bathroom. The nausea was soooo bad and I threw up three times during our dinner with the family.

Congratulations dear !!!

hotlikemexico
September 25th, 2020, 09:59 AM
Woohoo! Congrats again ladies! So exciting! [emoji7][emoji3060][emoji322] I’m loving all the bfp’s lately! [emoji3590]

Abifasc
September 25th, 2020, 10:04 AM
Congratulations ladies!! So excited for you!!

g.pooja812
September 25th, 2020, 10:59 AM
[emoji3589]

Oh wow! Many congratulations dear! Wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

g.pooja812
September 25th, 2020, 11:00 AM
Hello ladies!

Many congratulations [emoji323]

g.pooja812
September 25th, 2020, 11:01 AM
I had my first appointment today and everything went accordingly. I am set up to get lab draws this time next week where they will also get blood for the NIPT. I’ll be 10 weeks 1 day. The nurse said I should try to do it a couple days after I turn 10 weeks just in case my tracking was a little off. She said that if I do it before 10 weeks, the test is null. However, I think that’s dated info? I thought the new guidance was at least 9 weeks? I mean I should be in the safe zone either way but she’s got me a little nervous now.

They said they would give me a call to go over the results so I’ll probably ask them to either input the info in my online chart or do the envelope option. I don’t want to learn over the phone.

HLM, how has your back pain been??

Here’s my 9 week old. Lol https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200924/a9361f4346737beb3ba4c04ad8688f9f.jpg

Wow! Congratulations dear!

nishi
September 25th, 2020, 12:06 PM
[emoji3589]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCongratulations [emoji3059][emoji3059] i have done my first prenatal visit today every thing is normal here is first picture of my baby,( i am due in 1st may ) heart rate of baby is 175 does heart rate of baby depends on the gender of baby?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200925/aa2aa5968ad53fbbed476aa7f857b019.jpg

hakrueg
September 25th, 2020, 12:07 PM

hakrueg
September 25th, 2020, 12:09 PM

Mommylife
September 25th, 2020, 01:05 PM
Thank you guys !! My estimated Due date June 6th 2021, which is our wedding anniversary!!! [emoji3059][emoji3059][emoji3059]

g.pooja812
September 25th, 2020, 02:20 PM
Congratulations [emoji3059][emoji3059] i have done my first prenatal visit today every thing is normal here is first picture of my baby,( i am due in 1st may ) heart rate of baby is 175 does heart rate of baby depends on the gender of baby?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200925/aa2aa5968ad53fbbed476aa7f857b019.jpg

So good to see your lil bean[emoji8]..

g.pooja812
September 25th, 2020, 02:21 PM
Thank you guys !! My estimated Due date June 6th 2021, which is our wedding anniversary!!! [emoji3059][emoji3059][emoji3059]

That’s awesome! Hope to join you guys soon[emoji1696]

hotlikemexico
September 25th, 2020, 06:56 PM
hakrueg thanks! [emoji3590] and I agree a couple days in either direction doesn’t really matter because babies come when they will come LOL. Just was frustrating to “lose” a couple days changing my due date. And fingers crossed you don’t end up with cholestasis again! Did they say If theres any testing they can do to check? Or is it just wait and see what happens?

nishi yay for your appt and ultrasound! So cute seeing baby so little! [emoji7] You guys are making me excited for my 12 week NT scan so I can see my little blob looking like a baby lol. How is the nausea nishi?

Mommy life that’s SO COOL that your due date is your wedding anniversary! Double the reason to look forward to the day [emoji3590]

babygirl1
September 26th, 2020, 10:56 AM
Hello ladies!!

I’m so happy to be able to join this group! I just got my BFP last night!! Based on my O date, I’m due June 1st. [emoji4]

I did a girl sway and was on the PCOS le diet for almost 15 weeks before I got my BFP. I’ve taken clomid for 3/4 pregnancies and I took it for this one too. I’m just over 4 weeks now.

I have 3 boys, ages 5, 3 and 1 (my baby just turned 13 months old).

I too am in shock and didn’t know I would get a BFP on my first cycle and the reason being was because we only had one attempt. With all my 3 boys we BD through the whole cycle.

I’m looking forward to sharing this journey with you ladies! Praying for you all. [emoji3590]

hotlikemexico
September 26th, 2020, 11:37 AM
AHHHH yay congrats babygirl! [emoji3060][emoji322] I’m so happy for you! This is so exciting, all these bfps! [emoji7][emoji178]
I feel the same way, I didn’t think it would happen for us first try either since we only had one attempt and both our boys we BD through the whole fertile window. But here we are! Lol [emoji4]

babygirl1
September 26th, 2020, 01:03 PM
AHHHH yay congrats babygirl! [emoji3060][emoji322] I’m so happy for you! This is so exciting, all these bfps! [emoji7][emoji178]
I feel the same way, I didn’t think it would happen for us first try either since we only had one attempt and both our boys we BD through the whole fertile window. But here we are! Lol [emoji4]

Thank you so much hotlikemexico!! It is so exciting!! I see so many other girls getting BFP’s right around now too! It’s like a bunch of us did on the same day yesterday lol. I love it!

Yes! Here we are! Wow, I’m in shock and likely will be for a little while. I just feel so blessed to be pregnant again. It’s so so surreal! [emoji3590]

hakrueg
September 26th, 2020, 01:34 PM

babygirl1
September 26th, 2020, 05:10 PM
Congratulations!!

Thank you so much Hakrueg!! [emoji3590] congratulations to you as well!!

fifi17
September 27th, 2020, 06:32 PM
Hi ladies,

So I didn't really post much on GD before (one post actually asking for advice) but I stalked a bit! Anyway! I got my BFP just over a week ago! Due date is June 1st and I'm really hoping we've done enough for our pink sway but I really struggled with diet at points so all I can do is 🤞 now!

Hope it's ok to post here and look forward to getting to know you all 😊

hotlikemexico
September 27th, 2020, 08:43 PM
Hi ladies,

So I didn't really post much on GD before (one post actually asking for advice) but I stalked a bit! Anyway! I got my BFP just over a week ago! Due date is June 1st and I'm really hoping we've done enough for our pink sway but I really struggled with diet at points so all I can do is [emoji1696] now!

Hope it's ok to post here and look forward to getting to know you all [emoji4]

Congrats! [emoji3060][emoji322] so exciting! Welcome and pink dust! [emoji178][emoji92]

babygirl1
September 27th, 2020, 08:57 PM
Hi ladies,

So I didn't really post much on GD before (one post actually asking for advice) but I stalked a bit! Anyway! I got my BFP just over a week ago! Due date is June 1st and I'm really hoping we've done enough for our pink sway but I really struggled with diet at points so all I can do is [emoji1696] now!

Hope it's ok to post here and look forward to getting to know you all [emoji4]

Congratulations!! [emoji175] So exciting!! I’m due June 1st as well!

Thirdtimelucky01
September 28th, 2020, 01:04 AM
Hi ladies, I don’t post much either but I read most of the posts in this group before and I’m so excited for everyone! Just wanted to share that after getting my BFP in early August I did NIPT last week which confirmed a baby girl! I did not feel much nausea or tiredness this time around (same as with my boys) and did eat meat (cut down from my protein heavy diet though) and had 2 attempts in fertile window (I had a miscarriage earlier in the year so just wanted to get pregnant again) so I was sure it’s another boy!!! but my sway worked! I honestly think that diet is the key! Wishing everyone a healthy pregnancy and to get your desired gender! [emoji177]

Disneylover
September 28th, 2020, 09:24 AM
hey! sorry I have been MIA for a little bit too, just dealing with working a ton and then dying. This pregnancy is also kicking my butt so i feel you hotlikemexico! I have been tired, hot, nauseous and just overall blah. Avocado toast-which i lived off of for two weeks suddenly also became gross yesterday. All breakfast foods are sounding pretty bad. Nothing healthy sounds good-haha I just want fried food. Even my usual like hummus wraps and chickpea salad just doesn't sound appealing anymore. Im 6 weeks today or 6+1 I'm still waiting to go to my ultrasound next monday to get an official date. I know when I ovulated but I'm debating between two days. I'm so excited for everyone new that joined our board and for my other ladies that already got your ultrasounds I'm so happy for you!! Anxiously awaiting mine. I used to only get sick at night but it's coming all day at random times now. This morning even drinking water made me feel sick. I'm just not used to this y'all. I could do everything before when I was pregnant with my son-it was like I wasn't even pregnant until 36 weeks. I think I'm going to do the NIPT after much deliberation. Waiting isn't going to change the outcome and I just feel-okay. I've always had this huge weight on me and this constant anxiety over having a daughter and getting so depressed about it never happening. That weight almost feels gone now. I don't know if it's my mind tricking me into hoping or because deep down I know this is my girl. Either way it just feels different. Even before I found out the gender of my boy I was so adamant and so angry and just hostile about it being a girl because I think I knew deep down it wasn't. I've learned to trust my gut and I think this time it's saying girl! Sending all of my blue dust to those out there that swayed boy and sharing the love with pink dust for those of us swaying girl. :)

BunnyGirl19
September 28th, 2020, 06:11 PM
I finally get to join a due date group again!!! I miscarried in early March at 12 weeks due to baby having severe heart defects. We’ve been trying since we were cleared. My due date was last week and I was super upset about it and discouraged. I ended up getting my BFP two days later. My doctor has put my due date tentatively at June 7. We were swaying girl, but are most likely staying team surprise.

ProudMom90
September 29th, 2020, 03:25 PM
Congrats on your baby girl!!!:babyf:
You must be over the moon!

hakrueg
September 29th, 2020, 07:26 PM

Abifasc
September 29th, 2020, 10:57 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200930/e41bb8bfe8dfd94008caff9a9bda7c79.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200930/3c649142ab8bdcb0d50071593ff8087e.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200930/4ef1d715c434f0bf4f935b9a5a6ac1e3.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200930/3c5109e42c2a229748206058bf36fe95.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200930/f0d90967a6d5ddc3e7fc2b3f65e148c5.jpg
Hi ladies, I got to see “Little Bit” today (as hubby affectionally calls baby! I have had barely any sickness this pregnancy so I was worried but it was so good to see baby!! Heartbeat was 170! Sadly I’m getting a lot of boy ramzi guesses on Facebook but I do think this baby is a girl. I’m 8 weeks 1 day.

Flowergirl
September 30th, 2020, 04:24 AM
Hi ladies! I’m so excited to join you all here and sending my biggest congratulations on your wonderful news! I’ve just gotten my BFP a couple days ago and am still trying to let it sink in! Sadly we had a loss at the end of May (I was 11 weeks) so decided to sway for a baby girl since then and TTC. Going off the due date calculator I should be due on the 5th of June but I’ll find out when I get my dating scan in a couple weeks I guess! I really hope my pink sway was successful :pray: I hope you all get your desired gender too.

hakrueg
September 30th, 2020, 12:21 PM

hakrueg
September 30th, 2020, 12:23 PM

BunnyGirl19
September 30th, 2020, 03:42 PM
What’s the baking soda gender test? And how soon can you do it?

Thirdtimelucky01
September 30th, 2020, 04:40 PM
Abifasc don’t get discouraged by the Ramzi boy guesses, I had all but one guesses saying boy :)

Thirdtimelucky01
September 30th, 2020, 05:00 PM
What’s the baking soda gender test? And how soon can you do it?

You add baking soda in your urine in a cup, if it fizzes it’s a boy, if there is no reaction it’s supposedly a girl

hakrueg

Thirdtimelucky01
We posted at the same time! :)

Thirdtimelucky01
September 30th, 2020, 05:58 PM
Congrats on your baby girl!!!:babyf:
You must be over the moon!

I had to call back the office to make sure I heard it right haha. I was worried I just imagined it being a “baby girl”. I don’t think It will truly sink in until she is in my arms [emoji177]

babygirl1
September 30th, 2020, 08:20 PM
Hi ladies, I don’t post much either but I read most of the posts in this group before and I’m so excited for everyone! Just wanted to share that after getting my BFP in early August I did NIPT last week which confirmed a baby girl! I did not feel much nausea or tiredness this time around (same as with my boys) and did eat meat (cut down from my protein heavy diet though) and had 2 attempts in fertile window (I had a miscarriage earlier in the year so just wanted to get pregnant again) so I was sure it’s another boy!!! but my sway worked! I honestly think that diet is the key! Wishing everyone a healthy pregnancy and to get your desired gender! [emoji177]

Congratulations on your baby girl!! That is amazing!!! I’m so happy for you, thirdtimelucky01! [emoji178][emoji177][emoji175]

hotlikemexico
September 30th, 2020, 09:37 PM
Flowergirl & Bunnygirl congrats on your bfps! [emoji3060][emoji322] and welcome! I’m so excited for all these bfps lately! [emoji7]

And thirdtimelucky CONGRATS on your baby girl! [emoji178][emoji166] I can’t even imagine the excitement! So very happy for you! Did you post your sway in the forum? I would love to read it! [emoji4]

Abi YAY for for ultrasound pics! That’s so awesome you got so many! Happy all is going well and jealous of your non-sickness, lol! I wouldn’t put much stock into the Ramzi theory either. I don’t think it’s ever been actually proven. Are you going to be doing NIPT?

hakrueg re: opening pics in Tapatalk, I tap the black space below the pic and that “closes” it and brings me back into the thread. Hope that makes sense!

As for me — my lab appt including NIPT is one week from today! Ahhh! Within two weeks or so we should know. I’m so nervous [emoji51][emoji30] I feel like my exhaustion is finally letting up a bit in that I have not fallen asleep on the couch after work in a couple days. The nausea and aversions to basically EVERY FOOD EVER is still going strong though [emoji24] Even with the Unisom + B6 I only get about one “good” meal a day, at dinner time. But by “good” I mean something super unhealthy and carb laden. The rest of the day it’s cereal, fruit cups, and soup, if I’m lucky. I’m terrified to step on a scale, I feel like I’ve gained so much weight already. I’m so happy and grateful to be pregnant but man I can’t wait until this awful first tri is over!

Thanks for listening to my rant! [emoji28]

babygirl1
September 30th, 2020, 09:39 PM
Congrats flowergirl and bunnygirl on your bfp’s!! So exciting!!

Abi, your baby pics are adorable! [emoji3590]

Thirdtimelucky01
October 1st, 2020, 03:16 AM
Congratulations on your baby girl!! That is amazing!!! I’m so happy for you, thirdtimelucky01! [emoji178][emoji177][emoji175]

Thank you babygirl1 [emoji177] sending all the pink dust to you!!!

Thirdtimelucky01
October 1st, 2020, 03:20 AM
Flowergirl & Bunnygirl congrats on your bfps! [emoji3060][emoji322] and welcome! I’m so excited for all these bfps lately! [emoji7]

And thirdtimelucky CONGRATS on your baby girl! [emoji178][emoji166] I can’t even imagine the excitement! So very happy for you! Did you post your sway in the forum? I would love to read it! [emoji4]

Abi YAY for for ultrasound pics! That’s so awesome you got so many! Happy all is going well and jealous of your non-sickness, lol! I wouldn’t put much stock into the Ramzi theory either. I don’t think it’s ever been actually proven. Are you going to be doing NIPT?

hakrueg re: opening pics in Tapatalk, I tap the black space below the pic and that “closes” it and brings me back into the thread. Hope that makes sense!

As for me — my lab appt including NIPT is one week from today! Ahhh! Within two weeks or so we should know. I’m so nervous [emoji51][emoji30] I feel like my exhaustion is finally letting up a bit in that I have not fallen asleep on the couch after work in a couple days. The nausea and aversions to basically EVERY FOOD EVER is still going strong though [emoji24] Even with the Unisom + B6 I only get about one “good” meal a day, at dinner time. But by “good” I mean something super unhealthy and carb laden. The rest of the day it’s cereal, fruit cups, and soup, if I’m lucky. I’m terrified to step on a scale, I feel like I’ve gained so much weight already. I’m so happy and grateful to be pregnant but man I can’t wait until this awful first tri is over!

Thanks for listening to my rant! [emoji28]

I haven’t posted my sway yet, I cannot do it from my phone for some reason, have to find time to log in from my laptop.
Good luck with your NIPT! I did mine on Monday afternoon (like 1 hour before they closed) and got the results by Friday same week!

hotlikemexico
October 1st, 2020, 09:20 AM
I haven’t posted my sway yet, I cannot do it from my phone for some reason, have to find time to log in from my laptop.
Good luck with your NIPT! I did mine on Monday afternoon (like 1 hour before they closed) and got the results by Friday same week!

Yeah, I had to log into my laptop to do it also. Tapatalk doesn’t like the form. Let us know when you do get a chance to post it! I know how hard it is to find time to drag out the laptop though, lol!

And WOW that’s so quick!! Mine is a Wednesday so I’m SURE I won’t get it until the next week. Which company/test was yours, do you know? My office does the Panorama test by Natera. How did you get your results? Did the office call you? I’m hoping I’ll be able to use Natera’s patient portal somehow to get my results sooner than having to wait for the office to call me, haha

hakrueg
October 1st, 2020, 09:49 AM

Abifasc
October 1st, 2020, 03:35 PM
Thank you everyone! It's so weird I have not had any aversions which were SO strong with my last 3 boys. I didn't have any aversions with my first son, but I was constantly nauseous! This is definitely my easiest pregnancy which has me convinced its a girl - I so so so hope it is! I'm a little uneasy around chicken but not violently so like I was with the others! My boy pregnancies can be characterized by constant nausea, intense cravings for meat, and huge aversions to meat and eggs that got worse with each baby (so dramatically so that I thought the last 3 boys were girls because I was so sick!)

Congratulations on your girl thirdtimelucky! That's amazing - I can't imagine the feeling!!!

I was offered to do NIPT next week, but I can't justify the out of pocket cost. It was soooo tempting though!!

hakrueg
October 1st, 2020, 05:57 PM

Abifasc
October 1st, 2020, 08:51 PM
That’s amazing that your insurance covers it!! I would definitely do it then!! You swayed boy correct? I have heard about MaterniT21 but not really any specifics.

hakrueg
October 1st, 2020, 09:33 PM

BunnyGirl19
October 1st, 2020, 09:49 PM
I’m debating finding out gender or not. I automatically get an NIPT since I’m “old” and also high risk for other reasons. I kind of want a surprise, but I want to sew baby’s wardrobe and don’t want to make everything neutral. LOL

Abifasc
October 1st, 2020, 09:53 PM
Oh that’s really awesome you can do it on your own time!! I hope you get your boy!! I have 4 and they’re amazing!

I heard of one genetic test that is $99 out of pocket so I might see if I can do that, if not we will attempt to find out at 15 weeks with a private ultrasound! What about you?

hotlikemexico
October 1st, 2020, 10:02 PM
Abi I’m so jealous lol! My first pregnancy with DS1 was like that, no nausea and no aversions. It was great. I could still eat whatever I wanted. DS2 was the complete opposite with awful nausea, I felt so bad, I was convinced he was a girl because of it. [emoji23] I don’t blame you for not paying out of pocket either. It’s expensive! Could you maybe call your insurance and try to fight it? The ACOG recommends NIPT for ALL women and pregnancies now regardless of age or risk status, as of August. I feel like that’s a good bit of info to back you up lol

hakrueg so exciting you got yours done today, ahhh! MaterniT21 seems to be the next most popular one up after the Panorama, I’ve seen both of those mentioned so many times. And SO awesome you can get the results online! I really hope I can have the same experience with Natera’s patient portal. And yay for your sister’s baby! She was team green? I was the “mold breaker” in my family — no one had had a boy for 18 years before my first son was born!

Bunnygirl that’s so awesome that you sew! Handmade baby clothes are the best [emoji7]

Disneylover
October 2nd, 2020, 08:44 AM
I am so excited for everyone! I can't believe the NIPT's are already happening for some of you. I go to my first ultrasound on Monday, then it will be probably 3 weeks until I do the NIPT. I keep having some good days and some bad as far as symptoms go-it's almost every other day. I so hope everyone gets their desired gender and I'm glad we have this group to talk about it. I know the NIPT is covered by insurance-kind of. Like they charge the insurance thousands of dollars and usually the insurance will only pay part of it. But last time it still cost me nothing out of pocket. That's usually how the companies work-they try to milk the insurance for as much as possible but promise the patient a max of like 150 out of pocket.

hakrueg I'm so glad you get to see your results online! I really hope I can do that this time, I hated hearing it on the phone.

Abifasc
October 2nd, 2020, 04:13 PM
So I discovered today there's a new blood gender test on the market called Peekaboo and it's offered by the DNA diagnostic center and endorsed by the American Pregnancy Association. It's only $65! I ordered it today so we will see how it goes!

hakrueg
October 2nd, 2020, 05:11 PM

hotlikemexico
October 2nd, 2020, 08:35 PM
Ahhhhhh that’s so exciting! I can’t believe this time is already coming up! You’ll find out Tuesday and then I go for my labs the next day! Hopefully my results are just as quick. Since it says it was sent to your physician already, do you think the office will end up calling you ahead of time, like before you get the results online?

And Abi that’s exciting! That’s a good price! I looked it up real quick and it looks like it’s the same type of test as the sneak peek where they just look for the present of a Y chromosome. Are you going to go to a lab to have it drawn or do the collection at home?

Also, my team lead emailed me out of nowhere this morning that they were going to do my yearly eval today, I was freaking out! I was so nervous I had literal sweat stains in my armpits, hahaha. I knew my eval was coming up, but they snuck it in on me! I’ve been dreading it because productivity is a big portion of our eval and mine was all messed up this year thanks to covid and childcare issues. Plus I had already decided that this was when I was going to tell them (my manager and team leader) that I was pregnant, as it would be much easier to do in person via a conference call than a random email in a couple of weeks being like “HEY SO... guess what...” LOL.

ANYWAY my eval was WAY better than I expected AND they asked me to take on a new task and train to help out in a different specialty area! And then they were so excited when I told them about being pregnant!! [emoji16] I knew they would be, it was just so daunting to have “oh man I have to tell them now” hanging over my head. But it’s done with, all went well, and I’m heading into this weekend very happy and relieved! [emoji4]

BunnyGirl19
October 2nd, 2020, 08:54 PM
I was hoping to get my first ultrasound/appointment scheduled, but protocols have changed as of September 1. I got a confirmation HCG level drawn, which is normally all that’s required. However, I called my perinatology office today and was told I need two more HCG levels done 72 hours apart first, so I’m getting one done tonight after DH gets home and another one on Monday. Then they’ll schedule me. Grrrr......so annoying. I need to start on Lovenox for my blood clotting disorder between 6-8 weeks, so I’m sitting here waiting for my appointment to be scheduled. With my kids’ school schedules I am limited on when I’m able to go in and the more time that goes by, the less likely a time will fit my schedule.

Flowergirl
October 2nd, 2020, 09:06 PM
Bunnygirl19 do you know what your hcg levels were with the test you’ve done? I just found out mine was 83 at cycle day 30 and my obstetrician wants me to do for another blood test to check hcg again too. I’m a little worried.. is that really low for 14 DPO? I’ve been given progesterone suppositories to do twice a day too. I don’t know if things are looking iffy or he’s just being overly cautious after our loss 4 months ago..

I’m starting to get attached so I’m praying everything is okay.

Thank you for your congrats messages everyone. I’m so excited to hear NIPT results for everyone coming up! I’m only 4 weeks now so I’ve got awhile to wait.

hakrueg
October 2nd, 2020, 09:27 PM

Thirdtimelucky01
October 2nd, 2020, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I had to log into my laptop to do it also. Tapatalk doesn’t like the form. Let us know when you do get a chance to post it! I know how hard it is to find time to drag out the laptop though, lol!

And WOW that’s so quick!! Mine is a Wednesday so I’m SURE I won’t get it until the next week. Which company/test was yours, do you know? My office does the Panorama test by Natera. How did you get your results? Did the office call you? I’m hoping I’ll be able to use Natera’s patient portal somehow to get my results sooner than having to wait for the office to call me, haha

I have no idea which company did my NIPT to be honest with you, I’ll ask my OB next time I see him, I got a referral from my OB to get it done at the pathology and the results went straight to my OB office so I called them on Friday to see if the results were back - and they were! So exciting that yours is only a few days away!

Thirdtimelucky01
October 2nd, 2020, 10:11 PM
Bunnygirl19 do you know what your hcg levels were with the test you’ve done? I just found out mine was 83 at cycle day 30 and my obstetrician wants me to do for another blood test to check hcg again too. I’m a little worried.. is that really low for 14 DPO? I’ve been given progesterone suppositories to do twice a day too. I don’t know if things are looking iffy or he’s just being overly cautious after our loss 4 months ago..

I’m starting to get attached so I’m praying everything is okay.

Thank you for your congrats messages everyone. I’m so excited to hear NIPT results for everyone coming up! I’m only 4 weeks now so I’ve got awhile to wait.

Mine was 163 on cycle day 29 or 16dpo so I think yours is ok too.

Flowergirl
October 2nd, 2020, 10:35 PM
Flower girl, I really hope everything is ok with your little one! I just read average hcg for 14 dpo is 17 - 119 so I think 80 sounds right!!

HLM, glad your evaluation went better than expected! I think we are much harder on ourselves than others are.

I’m not sure what they mean by the report has already been sent. I’m wondering if it’s just that she also received an update. I just have a hard time believing that they received it and completed it already. I can’t be sure though. I don’t think I’d hear anything from my OB til Monday anyway. In which case, I just won’t call back until I’ve had the chance to review them myself. Either that or just decline to hear the gender over the phone and look when I’m ready.

Thank you so much for checking that out and for the reassurance. I’m so scared after last time, I just really want it to work out this time. I’m 39 now so I don’t think I’ll have it in me to keep up the LE diet and clomid and TTC if this doesn’t work out. Plus not sure my heart could keep going through this uncertainty.

Flowergirl
October 2nd, 2020, 10:43 PM
[QUOTE=Thirdtimelucky01;1059284]Mine was 163 on cycle day 29 or 16dpo so I think yours is ok too.

Thank you thirdtimelycky01 I think mine is okay but it’s on the lower end of okay which worries me :( I was never anxious like this with my other 3. I think after you know how fragile this time truly is it adds a layer of worry I wouldn’t usually have to this extent. I won’t really know much until the next lot of bloods I guess..
I’ll try and take it easy in the meantime.

Flowergirl
October 2nd, 2020, 10:55 PM
So sorry to flood the feed! I just realised that it really makes a difference as to what day you ovulate in your cycle when testing for Hcg. I was looking at my cycle day which made my levels look low but if you look at the DPO there’s a big difference in each day! So considering my test was when I was only 14 dpo I think things look like they’re in a pretty safe zone :) yay so relieved.

BunnyGirl19
October 2nd, 2020, 11:49 PM
I just got my 16DPO level back (today’s draw) and it came back at 439. Nobody told me what my 12DPO level was.

Flowergirl
October 3rd, 2020, 01:44 AM
I just got my 16DPO level back (today’s draw) and it came back at 439. Nobody told me what my 12DPO level was.

So good! :) My next test isn’t until DPO 20 because we have a long weekend here so hopefully I’ve had a very significant rise.

hakrueg
October 3rd, 2020, 06:56 PM

Abifasc
October 3rd, 2020, 08:33 PM
I'm so excited to see everyone's NIPT results! Hakreug I love those announcements - the pumpkin one is so unique! I won't be announcing our pregnancy on social media until we know the gender mostly because I don't want everyone's hopes that it's a girl (because no one wants that more than we do dang it!) I love the unique ideas!

hakrueg
October 3rd, 2020, 08:52 PM

polaris.kai
October 3rd, 2020, 09:21 PM
I'm not part of this group I was just creeping and I saw the announcement examples and that cauldron one is so fucking cute [emoji7]

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

hotlikemexico
October 3rd, 2020, 10:10 PM
Oh man those are both so cute! [emoji7] We are going to announce baby and gender at the same time, for the same reasons as everyone else... I don’t need to hear any “I bet this is your girl” comments this time, I got enough last time!

We’ve decided we’re going to announce on Halloween! [emoji16] We’re gonna do like the picture below! Except with no caption. One pumpkin for each of us, DH, both boys, and me. My pumpkin will have the window cut out with the baby pumpkin inside. We are going to tie a pink or blue bow on the baby pumpkin too! Baby and gender announcement all in one pic. [emoji16] though if it’s a boy maybe we’ll do a blue bow tie instead of a bow.

We’re just gonna post the pic on social media with the words “Happy Halloween from the _____ Family!” and then wait for people to get it! [emoji23] No one knew we were trying anyway other than a select few, who already know I’m pregnant, of course. I can’t wait to see it click for people!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201004/fa8f5a6bdff73a10f671d6e47d06e003.jpg

Flowergirl
October 4th, 2020, 03:53 AM
Loving these creative Halloween pregnancy announcements/gender reveal ideas! So cute & clever! It starts feeling even more real when the news is made public, such an exciting time!

BunnyGirl19
October 4th, 2020, 10:04 AM
We don’t announce until much later due to my clotting disorder and miscarriage history. We’re looking at a Christmas or New Year’s announcement most likely.

hakrueg
October 4th, 2020, 11:18 AM

BunnyGirl19
October 4th, 2020, 01:19 PM
Baby will be in our room for the first year-ish, then move into a shared room with other kids. We’re looking to buy land in a few months with plans of building a 10-12 bedroom house a year or two after with the bedrooms grouped as en-suites, kinda like those Ikea apartment ideas, where there will be 2 bedrooms clustered around a bathroom and a common area/room. We have a 5-bedroom house right now and it’s way too small for us. LOL

hakrueg
October 4th, 2020, 01:33 PM

BunnyGirl19
October 4th, 2020, 10:20 PM
We have 7 kids so far. I’m pregnant with #8.

ProudMom90
October 5th, 2020, 10:24 AM
Same here... my parents have got 7 grandsons and my mom would so love a granddaughter. Today me and DH talked about this being our second and last baby. Now we have I am a lot more nervous to find out the gender. Unfortunately I have to wait untill week 15 to be able to find out due to NIPT being different here in the Netherlands. They dont look at gender... I wish I could peak inside and just take a look at our baby, knowing its healthy and whether it’s a baby girl or boy...

Love the pregnancy announcement idea’s!

hakrueg
October 5th, 2020, 12:37 PM

Disneylover
October 5th, 2020, 02:57 PM

Here's my ultrasound pic! This is a terrible picture but we got to see the tiny baby and a heartbeat. I believe when I go back on the 20th is when I do my NIPT. I'm so excited but also nervous but I feel very confident about it. It's hard not calling the baby 'her' on here because it just feels right. My due date is officially May 22nd.

I love all the announcements, we're def going to wait until we know the gender because we want the announcement to include her name. The idea is to a do a letter board saying Winter is coming... May 2021. It's a joke from game of thrones, because her name will be Winter. I love all the halloween ones though, I may have to do that for our families. It's been so hard not telling my family! I want to tell them in person so badly but it's getting so tough.

BunnyGirl19
October 5th, 2020, 03:24 PM
A nurse called me with my latest HCG numbers. At 16DPO my level was 439. My level approximately 50 hours later was 1272. The nurse told me that was really low for my gestation. Umm......no it’s not. It’s fully within the normal range. *facepalm*

atomic sagebrush
October 5th, 2020, 05:04 PM
A nurse called me with my latest HCG numbers. At 16DPO my level was 439. My level approximately 50 hours later was 1272. The nurse told me that was really low for my gestation. Umm......no it’s not. It’s fully within the normal range. *facepalm*

This keeps happening. Remember guys, it's the doubling that counts and not the levels. And if you have a "low for gestation" result the vast majority of the time you ovulated later than you think or you just started with a low HCG level. You can start off with anywhere from 0-5 hcg at conception, then it doubles. This can end up with wildly different levels which is why we watch for doubling and NOT the levels themselves:

0, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32
5, 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, 320

These people are the same distance along in their pregnancy and one of them has 10x the HCG of the other yet both are normal pregnancies!

Flowergirl
October 5th, 2020, 05:22 PM
This keeps happening. Remember guys, it's the doubling that counts and not the levels. And if you have a "low for gestation" result the vast majority of the time you ovulated later than you think or you just started with a low HCG level. You can start off with anywhere from 0-5 hcg at conception, then it doubles. This can end up with wildly different levels which is why we watch for doubling and NOT the levels themselves:

0, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32
5, 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, 320

These people are the same distance along in their pregnancy and one of them has 10x the HCG of the other yet both are normal pregnancies!

Thank you Atomic, as you know this is so relevant to me at the moment too. How often should it be doubling? I had my last text on day 30 of my cycle and today will be day 36 when I have a test again, just wondering what I’d be hoping for if day 30 was Hcg level ‘83’?

Flowergirl
October 5th, 2020, 05:27 PM

Gosh I’d hate for her to see my levels then! Very strange/unnecessary thing to say to you.

BunnyGirl19
October 5th, 2020, 07:59 PM
I’ve had enough pregnancies to know better. LOL! It’s just so aggravating that someone “official” doesn’t know any better nor has the manners to keep the negatives to themselves. I was given an EDD of 6/7 by my perinatology office, but if I go by ovulation it’s 6/9. They’ll leave it at 6/7 unless baby measures off by more than four days.

g.pooja812
October 5th, 2020, 08:12 PM
Hey girls!

So happy and excited to join this journey with you all! Took a pregnancy today , periods due tomorrow. Due date as per the calendar 14th June 2021. Please keep me in your prayers for a healthy and full term pregnancy. I am really in a state of shock at the same time nervous due to previous 2 back to back losses.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201006/a8e9e6c9937ccdd739ef3fc3e52be9d7.jpg

Flowergirl
October 5th, 2020, 11:37 PM
I’ve had enough pregnancies to know better. LOL! It’s just so aggravating that someone “official” doesn’t know any better nor has the manners to keep the negatives to themselves. I was given an EDD of 6/7 by my perinatology office, but if I go by ovulation it’s 6/9. They’ll leave it at 6/7 unless baby measures off by more than four days.

For sure! It’s really fortunate that you knew better but what if it was someone like me who’s had a recent loss and is worried and sensitive about information like that? It would just create huge anxiety and stress that something is wrong. Especially given her comment was completely incorrect and unwarranted! I don’t blame you for feeling aggravated but at the same time glad everything ACTUALLY is fine! :)

Flowergirl
October 5th, 2020, 11:39 PM
Hey girls!

So happy and excited to join this journey with you all! Took a pregnancy today , periods due tomorrow. Due date as per the calendar 14th June 2021. Please keep me in your prayers for a healthy and full term pregnancy. I am really in a state of shock at the same time nervous due to previous 2 back to back losses.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201006/a8e9e6c9937ccdd739ef3fc3e52be9d7.jpg

Ohhh biggest congrats! I’m also praying for our rainbow baby so understand your fear but sending you all the positive, sticky vibes I can :awe:

g.pooja812
October 6th, 2020, 12:21 AM
Ohhh biggest congrats! I’m also praying for our rainbow baby so understand your fear but sending you all the positive, sticky vibes I can :awe:

Thank you so much! I couldn’t stop crying after seeing the test. Sending you too lots of sticky vibes! I am sure we both will get our rainbow baby this time!

BunnyGirl19
October 6th, 2020, 01:23 AM
For sure! It’s really fortunate that you knew better but what if it was someone like me who’s had a recent loss and is worried and sensitive about information like that? It would just create huge anxiety and stress that something is wrong. Especially given her comment was completely incorrect and unwarranted! I don’t blame you for feeling aggravated but at the same time glad everything ACTUALLY is fine! :)

This is another rainbow baby for me, too. I miscarried at 12 weeks in early March, which was my 9th miscarriage. I totally understand the stress and worry.

Flowergirl
October 6th, 2020, 05:28 AM
Thank you so much! I couldn’t stop crying after seeing the test. Sending you too lots of sticky vibes! I am sure we both will get our rainbow baby this time!

Aw it’s so surreal isn’t it. I didn’t think it would happen for me so I’m still in a bit of shock! I’m trying to protect my heart but I’m happy. I do think I’ll be so heartbroken if it doesn’t work out. I don’t have plans to try again after this one. Trying to stay positive and hopeful.

Flowergirl
October 6th, 2020, 05:30 AM
This is another rainbow baby for me, too. I miscarried at 12 weeks in early March, which was my 9th miscarriage. I totally understand the stress and worry.

Oh my gosh I’m so sorry. You’re so brave to keep trying after your losses. I lost mine at the end of May at 11 weeks and it was my first loss and it hit me hard. Praying we all get our precious rainbow babies :pray:

g.pooja812
October 6th, 2020, 09:01 AM
Aw it’s so surreal isn’t it. I didn’t think it would happen for me so I’m still in a bit of shock! I’m trying to protect my heart but I’m happy. I do think I’ll be so heartbroken if it doesn’t work out. I don’t have plans to try again after this one. Trying to stay positive and hopeful.

Yes it is ! Me too in a shock but at the same time over the moon too! I am trying to be positive and strong as much as I can. Same here this is my last try ! But I am sure everything will be good this time so let’s pray and start the journey together! Testing again this Morning with Frer as period was due today and so happy to see this! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201006/ea1b2538a93e3ee17cd83f358a634fb5.jpg

hakrueg
October 6th, 2020, 06:02 PM

hakrueg
October 6th, 2020, 06:53 PM

fifi17
October 7th, 2020, 12:00 AM
Sorry the results weren't what you were hoping for. I think its completely natural to be disappointed when you want something so much, but you'll get there and when she is here you'll love her so much. Be kind to yourself ❤

fifi17
October 7th, 2020, 12:06 AM
So I have been awake since 3am (it's 5 now) as I felt sick but I've ended up thinking too much about baby and whether its a boy or girl. I feel awful but I know I'll be really disappointed if its a boy and I'm not sure how to get past that as this will be our last baby. We won't be finding out until a gender scan at 18 to 20 weeks but I'm hoping to have a good guess from the 12 week scan. Not really sure why I'm posting, just feeling anxious about it 😳

hakrueg
October 7th, 2020, 04:14 AM

Flowergirl
October 7th, 2020, 04:24 AM
Yes it is ! Me too in a shock but at the same time over the moon too! I am trying to be positive and strong as much as I can. Same here this is my last try ! But I am sure everything will be good this time so let’s pray and start the journey together! Testing again this Morning with Frer as period was due today and so happy to see this! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201006/ea1b2538a93e3ee17cd83f358a634fb5.jpg

Yay that’s so exciting!! I have a good feeling. I got my 2nd lot of hcg results back and it’s jumped from 83 to 1301 so it’s doubled every 1.5 days! So relieved and happy!

hakrueg
October 7th, 2020, 04:59 AM

Abifasc
October 7th, 2020, 06:16 AM
I’m sorry for your sadness and disappointment hakreug, I know how you feel!! All those things you said I’ve felt before! Congratulations on your sweet girl though- I know you’ll love her so much.

I have 4 boys in a row so a 5th will be kind of funny to me but I did the peekaboo test last night and I’m eager to know if I’ll get my girl or not! It was kind of messy, I had a hard time getting enough blood so I hope it works out ok.

hakrueg
October 7th, 2020, 06:24 AM

Flowergirl
October 7th, 2020, 06:25 AM
Thank you. I’m sure I’ll get there too. I just hate that I let myself believe this could work for me. I think I may have been overconfident. I’m still convinced there is something to swaying but I don’t think what we know, as of now, is enough for me. I’m inclined to believe I’m genetically predisposed to have girls and diet can’t undo it.

Anyways, I’ll stop being so negative on this thread. I don’t want it to hinder anyone else’s sway/pregnancy. I would hate for them to be nervous and lose joy. It is bound to work for most of us on here.

Please don’t ever feel like you can’t talk about how you’re feeling with GD here, this is the reason why we’re all on this site and what we have in common. Our hearts long for a certain gender so it’s completely understandable that you’re feeling the way you’re feeling and if we can’t support you through that who can? Sending huge hugs. I wish I could of taken all your pink dust and you had all my blue.

Abifasc
October 7th, 2020, 06:26 AM
I took a shower at my house before and then went to my friend’s house who has 4 daughters and her husband stayed upstairs! Washed my hands a ton and used a lot of alcohol wipes. With all the boys in my house I didn’t trust it!

hakrueg
October 7th, 2020, 06:28 AM

Flowergirl
October 7th, 2020, 06:34 AM
So I have been awake since 3am (it's 5 now) as I felt sick but I've ended up thinking too much about baby and whether its a boy or girl. I feel awful but I know I'll be really disappointed if its a boy and I'm not sure how to get past that as this will be our last baby. We won't be finding out until a gender scan at 18 to 20 weeks but I'm hoping to have a good guess from the 12 week scan. Not really sure why I'm posting, just feeling anxious about it 😳

It’s so hard not to feel anxious hey. I really wasn’t convinced we should have another baby at all because of our ages and the ages of our children so going again was a real gamble. I’m praying it’s paid off. It’s such a risk having a baby with real hopes it’s a certain gender, we are all so brave to try and hope for the best.

hakrueg
October 7th, 2020, 06:44 AM

Disneylover
October 7th, 2020, 07:32 AM
NIPT results are in and they don’t lie. I’m having another girl. I’m way more upset than I thought I’d be. I kind of wish I didn’t find out because then this pregnancy would still be exciting. I know I’ll get there but it just feels like I’ve been stripped of my dreams. Oh man, I could go on forever about all the little things I’m heartbroken to give up. The things I let myself dream about for the last 10 weeks. I’m crushed and I really thought I’d be handling this better. I’m disappointed in the results and myself.

hakrueg-I am so sorry. that's why I love this site. It's such an interesting place. You hear girl which is what some of us are dying to hear while others will hear boy-and I know that will be hard for you. Plus Gender disappointment is so frowned upon most other places, I'm glad we can talk about it so openly here. You have a right to be crushed. I know I will be as well if I don't hear the results I was hoping for. Don't be disappointed in yourself, your feelings are more than valid. We're here for you.

hakrueg
October 7th, 2020, 07:50 AM

ProudMom90
October 7th, 2020, 02:36 PM
Im so sorry Hakrueg that you didnt get the results your so truly longed to hear.
It’s so difficult, all the emotions plus the hormones rushing through your body, mind and heart.
I truly hope that you will slowly feel better each day. I am happy that you are on this site though, so you have us who listen to you without judging or saying those stupid cliché things.

Im really anxious too. I have to wait until 14 weeks to find out the gender, but the way things are going over here now with covid-19, it might happen that all non-medical ultrasounds will be forbidden again and we will have to wait till 20 weeks. I pray that wont happen.

I feel so guilty about thinking so much about the gender, just hoping and praying for it to be a girl all the time where I feel I should be praying for a healthy baby first. Of course I pray that this little one will stick and grow to be a healthy bouncy baby, but I would lie if I didnt pray for a healthy, bouncing baby girl in my arms in 8 months time...

It’s so stupid but I have all these thought in my head saying I have to focus on what I desire for it will help me get it (it sound really stupid I know) but I therefor don’t dare to think about another boy. Im crying right now because I feel like such a terrible person thinking that. Boys are cute and my son is the sweetest little thing in the world... why do I so desire a girl?
I know that as a child I never got to be a child. I was put in foster care at a very young age and before that was the mother of the household looking after a mother with all kinds of mental health disorders. I went from home to home but never really had a warm or nice family. Thankfully I do now. But when I have a girl, if I have a girl, I want to give her the life and the things I dreamt about:
A bow in her hair, a beautiful dress, toys to play with a mom, dad and brother who would love her, a family to grow up in.. I would braid her hair with love... she would be a loved daughter.

But like you say @hakrueg its better to think that isnt the case because maybe then It wont hurt so much... but darn, my heart wants it so bad😔

hakrueg
October 7th, 2020, 03:51 PM

hakrueg
October 8th, 2020, 09:51 AM

Slingers
October 8th, 2020, 10:06 AM
Hi Proudmom, did I miss the great news? Are you pregnant? Saw your message.

Following all of you strong woman. So exciting to read all the outcomes. Hoping to be in the next due in... topic!

ProudMom90
October 8th, 2020, 10:07 AM
Love the name💕

Im worried today... 5+4 today and i decided to take my temperature today. Last week my temperature was 37.53 - 37.76 (99.55 - 99.97) during the day and around 37.1 -37.2 (98.78 - 98. 96) first thing in the morning... today my temperature DURING the DAY was 37.23 (98.97)... so scared this is a bad sign😢
Is it normal for your temperatur to fluctuate during pregnancy?

ProudMom90
October 8th, 2020, 10:09 AM
Yes! Our first month TTC so I was so surprised and am so happy but today Im feeling a bit low due to temperature (read previous message)

Hope to see you with a bfp Soon too!!

hakrueg
October 8th, 2020, 11:27 AM

Slingers
October 8th, 2020, 11:41 AM
Congratulations, sorry you feel worried about your temperature fluctuation. Know little about that.

g.pooja812
October 8th, 2020, 12:21 PM
Feeling a bit better day by day. Thinking of the name Rowan Elise. [emoji179]

I am glad you feeling lil better now! And yes name is so beautiful[emoji7]

fifi17
October 8th, 2020, 02:31 PM
Beautiful name!

Glad you're feeling a little better hakrueg

fifi17
October 8th, 2020, 02:34 PM
Love the name💕

Im worried today... 5+4 today and i decided to take my temperature today. Last week my temperature was 37.53 - 37.76 (99.55 - 99.97) during the day and around 37.1 -37.2 (98.78 - 98. 96) first thing in the morning... today my temperature DURING the DAY was 37.23 (98.97)... so scared this is a bad sign😢
Is it normal for your temperatur to fluctuate during pregnancy?

I've not checked mine but I would guess it will fluctuate with hormones etc, particularly a during the day temperature as so many things can impact that

BunnyGirl19
October 8th, 2020, 03:56 PM
I finally got my ultrasound scheduled for 10/21. It’s a few days later than my doctor wanted, but there were no earlier openings.

Flowergirl
October 8th, 2020, 05:07 PM
Feeling a bit better day by day. Thinking of the name Rowan Elise. [emoji179]

Love it! I used a unisex name for my 2nd son which I think helped me in my GD a bit :) so glad you’re starting to feel better already.

Flowergirl
October 8th, 2020, 05:11 PM
I finally got my ultrasound scheduled for 10/21. It’s a few days later than my doctor wanted, but there were no earlier openings.

Ohh exciting. I can’t wait for my first scan! I see my obstetrician for the 1st time on Monday 12th and will probably get my referral for a dating scan then :awe:

Flowergirl
October 9th, 2020, 06:22 AM
What is everyone craving? Do you have a lot of symptoms? My biggest weakness at the moment is ice-cream and chocolate! I don’t know if this is a good sign for girl (I craved more sweets with my daughter) or if I’m just making the most of not being on LE diet anymore haha! I’m only 5.5 weeks now and not overly nauseous yet so I’m sure once that hits in about a week I’ll have more aversions/cravings.

hakrueg
October 9th, 2020, 02:18 PM

Flowergirl
October 9th, 2020, 04:14 PM
Haha pregnancy is a great excuse to give into those cravings! How many weeks are you hakrueg? I’m enjoying being about to tolerate everything still but I know those days are numbered!

hotlikemexico
October 9th, 2020, 08:32 PM
I have yet to really have any cravings. I mostly have food I can tolerate and then food aversions. LOL! It’s getting better though.

This is my situation exactly!! I can’t say I have any cravings, really. I never did with my boys either! But for weeks now it’s just been food I can tolerate, and food I can’t even look at without gagging. And the food I can tolerate changes day by day! Last week I had a grilled cheese with mustard for three days in a row, and then the fourth day I couldn’t even stand the thought of it! [emoji23] Also, I never had aversions this strong with either of my boys. I MISS FOOD! Lol!

hakrueg, I’m so sorry you didn’t get the results you were hoping for. I agree with everything all the other ladies have said so far - I’m sorry I’m late to responding to the news! Your feelings are totally valid and most of us have felt the same exact way. That’s what I love about this site. I had GD so bad when I found out DS2 was a boy, and it made it 100x worse that I had no where to turn/no one to talk to about it with (other than DH). I didn’t sway with him obv but I was completely convinced he was a girl due to totally different symptoms from my first pregnancy and even vivid, recurring dreams that it was a girl. I agree it makes it that much harder when you’re almost expecting one result, and get the opposite. We are all here for you! I’m glad you’re feeling a little bit better and that is a beautiful name! [emoji178] When I was younger I wanted to be a writer and had a notebook full of stories... Elyse was a one of my favorite names for girl characters. [emoji4] Also, your sister has two girls too, right? I know she just had a girl, I think you said “another” girl? I’m just thinking with you both having girls so close in age, how awesome that will be for them to all grow up together! [emoji177] Everyone in my family had girls. Me, my younger sister, and my two younger girl cousins used to have sleepovers all the time growing up. It was great! We were honestly the best of friends. Maybe that’s something your girls will have to look forward to also growing up? [emoji4][emoji3590]

Quick update on me — I had my labs drawn on Wednesday afternoon! All my regular prenatal labs have come back already. Everything’s normal/negative and I’m not anemic, yay! Now just waiting on the NIPT results! [emoji51][emoji51] I’m in MA and they have to ship my blood literally across country to California so I know that adds some time... I’m hoping by Wednesday the latest I’ll know! Either way, if I don’t hear anything by Wednesday I’ll call the office just to make sure they’re not sitting on them. The wait is killing meeeeee!

Abifasc
October 9th, 2020, 10:09 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201010/323a99a9a43f3bc8578ecefc217a7ac2.jpg
My sway failed as well unless peekaboo is wrong. My sweet 5th son. I really thought this baby was a girl.

Slingers
October 10th, 2020, 02:44 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201010/323a99a9a43f3bc8578ecefc217a7ac2.jpg
My sway failed as well unless peekaboo is wrong. My sweet 5th son. I really thought this baby was a girl.

I don't know the reliability of peekaboo precisely, but aren't these do it your self at home kits not really reliable? I am sorry for how you must feel now.

hakrueg
October 10th, 2020, 06:47 AM

hakrueg
October 10th, 2020, 07:13 AM

hakrueg
October 10th, 2020, 07:41 AM

Disneylover
October 10th, 2020, 08:53 AM
I'm so sorry for those of you getting your results and not hearing what you hoped. I'm not sure if the at home tests can ever be considered fully accurate? I'm not sure, I wouldn't do it because I would always feel like "what if" which would make me have to wait until the next confirmation either way. I know they're super sensitive and can even pick up like pet DNA.

As far as cravings go- yeah mine have been weird! One day it'll be waffles and marshmallows and the next it'll be fries or sour cream. Never really anything salty or spicy which is what I always craved before. That and like protein? I don't know I remember a phase when I was pregnant with my boy where all I wanted were tuna sandwiches. Then like last night I def had an ice cream cone and a cupcake soooo.

I go for my NIPT on OCt 20 and am super nervous, but hopeful. It's hard to remain optimistic but I still am!

hakrueg
October 10th, 2020, 02:05 PM

hakrueg
October 10th, 2020, 02:08 PM

g.pooja812
October 10th, 2020, 03:11 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201010/fb2618d384e5d9b87eeffd910644808e.jpeg
Our Announcement

Aww.. that’s so cute[emoji177]

Flowergirl
October 10th, 2020, 08:24 PM
I’m 11 weeks and the nausea has really subsided. Now, I’m just waiting for some of my energy back so I can get the house caught up. How far are you?

Oh that’s good, you’re hopefully through the worst of it now. I’m only 5.5 weeks so if it’s anything like my previous pregnancies I’ll be feeling nausea all day from 6 weeks which I’m not looking forward to! Did you find both of your girls pregnancies seemed similar?

Aww your announcement photo is adorable! Well done!! I’m thinking of doing a Christmas themed one because it will be about a month before Christmas when I can announce.

hakrueg
October 10th, 2020, 08:50 PM

nishi
October 10th, 2020, 09:07 PM
Hi everyone my sneak peek results came today, i don't know how true is this i am having another girl, i was little upset but its ok i want a healthy baby, everything is in God's hands .

Mommylife
October 10th, 2020, 09:19 PM
I’m really sorry guys !! I see everyone getting failed sway results!! I don’t know what so say !! [emoji17][emoji17][emoji17]

nishi
October 10th, 2020, 09:23 PM
How to deal with it?

hotlikemexico
October 10th, 2020, 10:36 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201010/fb2618d384e5d9b87eeffd910644808e.jpeg
Our Announcement

This is THE CUTEST! I love it! Oh my gosh. Did you write that on the pumpkin yourself? It’s so fancy! Great job! And I know what you mean about feeling some type of way about a person who had a name/spelling you liked.. I’ve lost a couple good names along the way that way too lol! Also my back is doing so much better, thanks! [emoji3590] We took the boys to a farm today for a corn maze and pumpkin picking and it’s the most activity I’ve done since I hurt my back... all was well! I’m a bit sore now on the couch with my ice pack but its still soo much better. I finally start PT this week too on Wednesday thankfully!

Abi & Nishi — I’m so sorry you guys didn’t get the results you were hoping for. I’m not saying don’t believe it or trying to give false hope but “don’t paint the nursery yet” as atomic says. Could you guys do a private ultrasound at like 14/15 weeks? I’m just so hesitant to trust those 100%!

Also, MyChart just trolled me so hard! I got a notification of a new test result and I was assuming it was just my HIV/syphilis as those are the only ones not back yet. But when I opened it the first word I saw was “Panorama” and my heart skipped a beat LOL — just to see this! [emoji23][emoji849]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201011/41587f4ea24c09011d2181f1ab068668.jpg

g.pooja812
October 10th, 2020, 11:20 PM
What is everyone craving? Do you have a lot of symptoms? My biggest weakness at the moment is ice-cream and chocolate! I don’t know if this is a good sign for girl (I craved more sweets with my daughter) or if I’m just making the most of not being on LE diet anymore haha! I’m only 5.5 weeks now and not overly nauseous yet so I’m sure once that hits in about a week I’ll have more aversions/cravings.

Nausea has started kicking me already , I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and already throwing. By breast hurt also feeling very tired. For food craving I just wanna have salty and spicy food ! Can’t tolerate anything sweet even a tumps which I take for my heart burn.

Flowergirl
October 11th, 2020, 06:00 AM
Nausea has started kicking me already , I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and already throwing. By breast hurt also feeling very tired. For food craving I just wanna have salty and spicy food ! Can’t tolerate anything sweet even a tumps which I take for my heart burn.

Oh wow you’re getting it hardcore already, it’s not fun. I’m so surprised I still feel relatively okay, I even did another pregnancy test just incase! I’m getting shortness of breath, some insomnia causing extra tiredness, sweet cravings, tender breasts, dizzy spells, heightened sense of smell, I’ve had nasal congestion for a few weeks now but that’s easing.. but amazingly not much nausea at all. I’ve read 6 weeks is the magic point of when it usually hits you so that’s this coming week for me so we’ll see if I dodge a bullet but I doubt it, I’ve felt nausea in all 4 of my previous pregnancies so it will be a bit of a miracle to miss it this time!

Flowergirl
October 11th, 2020, 06:03 AM
Abi and Nishi, I hope you’re doing okay :heart: I’m praying over here that your results were not accurate and you still have a chance at your desired gender. I know they’re not 100% accurate right?

Given the few sway opposites we’ve already potentially had I’m thinking I better start preparing myself for blue just incase. I’ve had so many girl vibes since conception but I don’t trust them now :(

Flowergirl
October 11th, 2020, 06:09 AM
Can’t wait to hear your results hotlikemexico, I have my fingers crossed for you! :fx:

ProudMom90
October 11th, 2020, 06:41 AM
I have the exact same thing. Have been having girl vibes too since we found out but scared to trust them now...
I also hope the results weren’t accurate Abi and Nishi and you both get the desired gender!
My fingers are crossed for you hotlikemexico!

g.pooja812
October 11th, 2020, 11:11 AM
Oh wow you’re getting it hardcore already, it’s not fun. I’m so surprised I still feel relatively okay, I even did another pregnancy test just incase! I’m getting shortness of breath, some insomnia causing extra tiredness, sweet cravings, tender breasts, dizzy spells, heightened sense of smell, I’ve had nasal congestion for a few weeks now but that’s easing.. but amazingly not much nausea at all. I’ve read 6 weeks is the magic point of when it usually hits you so that’s this coming week for me so we’ll see if I dodge a bullet but I doubt it, I’ve felt nausea in all 4 of my previous pregnancies so it will be a bit of a miracle to miss it this time!

I know right! When I was pregnant with my angel baby in March , Nausea did hit me badly at 6 weeks.. and with my daughter it started the same day when I got my positive pregnancy result. That was horrible , I was on medication . This time it’s not that bad however I feel like it will kick me hard within a week. Out of fear I again did the pregnancy test today and finally got a dye stealer , so I am pretty sure it’s not a chemical. Just praying this is my sticky rainbow baby. I am going for my first ultrasound on 28th oct so I know anxiety will always be there.

BunnyGirl19
October 11th, 2020, 02:08 PM
I’m not having many symptoms yet. I feel mostly normal aside from being more tired than usual and I have extreme constipation and bloating already. Nausea hasn’t started yet, but I don’t normally get it this early anyway.

Flowergirl
October 11th, 2020, 04:23 PM
I know right! When I was pregnant with my angel baby in March , Nausea did hit me badly at 6 weeks.. and with my daughter it started the same day when I got my positive pregnancy result. That was horrible , I was on medication . This time it’s not that bad however I feel like it will kick me hard within a week. Out of fear I again did the pregnancy test today and finally got a dye stealer , so I am pretty sure it’s not a chemical. Just praying this is my sticky rainbow baby. I am going for my first ultrasound on 28th oct so I know anxiety will always be there.

Me too, I am being really protective about this pregnancy, barely anyone knows. I’m going to wait until after NIPT and nuchal scan results etc. before I even tell family. I just don’t want to have to explain to everyone if something goes wrong again. I have my first obstetrician appointment today so I’m hoping he’ll give me a little scan in his rooms but I know there won’t be much to see yet! I saw your hcg levels, they look incredible! I have a good feeling this is your sticky rainbow :)

Flowergirl
October 11th, 2020, 04:35 PM
I’m not having many symptoms yet. I feel mostly normal aside from being more tired than usual and I have extreme constipation and bloating already. Nausea hasn’t started yet, but I don’t normally get it this early anyway.

I’m pretty sure are only days apart with our pregnancies (I’m 6 weeks tomorrow) so it’s reassuring to hear that you don’t have nausea yet either Bunnygirl. It has had me questioning if something is wrong but maybe I should just enjoy being able to eat what I want while I can! :)

BunnyGirl19
October 11th, 2020, 05:33 PM
I’m pretty sure are only days apart with our pregnancies (I’m 6 weeks tomorrow) so it’s reassuring to hear that you don’t have nausea yet either Bunnygirl. It has had me questioning if something is wrong but maybe I should just enjoy being able to eat what I want while I can! :)

I think we’re about the same. I was given a due date of June 7 by my perinatologist, but if they went by ovulation day I’d be due June 9. If I measure more than 4 days off at my scan they’ll change my dates.

We don’t usually announce until much farther along, like 14-plus weeks minimum. My last pregnancy was announced at 23 weeks. We didn’t announce the twins until 17 weeks. I had a cute announcement idea for when we’re at Disney World, but I’d only be 13 weeks and I’m not comfortable announcing that early with my history. It’s more likely we’ll wait until Christmas or New Year on the early side. If our trip to Thailand in early January doesn’t get cancelled (it’s looking likely it will), we’ll do a cute announcement from there. This is my last pregnancy and I’d love to show it off and enjoy it, but I’m just too anxious about something going wrong again.

Abifasc
October 11th, 2020, 05:43 PM
Thanks everyone, I’m still coming to terms with it honestly- I swayed and prayed hard. I’m praying It’s a contaminated test but preparing for it being accurate. It’s not that having a fifth boy is the end of the world- I love having boys! But not having a daughter knocks the breath out of me.

hakrueg
October 11th, 2020, 06:00 PM

hotlikemexico
October 11th, 2020, 08:08 PM
Thanks everyone, I’m still coming to terms with it honestly- I swayed and prayed hard. I’m praying It’s a contaminated test but preparing for it being accurate. It’s not that having a fifth boy is the end of the world- I love having boys! But not having a daughter knocks the breath out of me.

I know exactly what you mean. I love having boys! I always wanted a brother growing up, begged my parents for years to have another baby so I’d have a chance at a brother but nope, just me & my younger sister. We wanted a boy first and we’re blessed with that. I love being a boy mom! I love having boys! I love watching them play and grow together and be brothers. It’s great! And I know having another boy and giving them another little brother would be great and we’ll be very happy with that also! But I want the other experience too... the thought of never having a daughter just absolutely crushes me.

We honestly didn’t even know If we’d ever be able to swing having a third baby at all, so in the end I’m just very happy and grateful that we were able to make that happen. I’m hoping that fact alone will help me push through the gender disappointment quicker If we do end up with a sway opposite also. We even started talking about boys names yesterday and actually found one we like!!! Just a few more days... this wait for the results feels worse than the TWW honestly! [emoji29]

hakrueg do you think you will try for a third in the future? I know kind of hard to know that at this point, lol! I think that was one of the things that made DS2 being a boy that much worse to accept because back then we really didn’t know if we could ever have another. But maybe knowing back then that we WOULD be able to try again, would have helped me a bit.

hotlikemexico
October 11th, 2020, 08:14 PM
PS: one more thing, I just have to say again how thankful I am for this site. I’m in the May 2021 due date sub on reddit also. Today someone made a post asking who’s going to be team green basically. That spurred a whole discussion on “gender doesn’t matter” and “not forcing gender on babies” and all the usual shaming etc etc. TWO other people mentioned having a strong gender preference and the possibility of gender disappointment, that was it. I didn’t even bother to comment because I probably would have been down voted [emoji23] only two other people even know we swayed at all, I would never say that on reddit or anything, but god forbid if I commented on that post saying we’re anxiously awaiting the NIPT results and hoping for a girl because we have two boys already! [emoji58]

BunnyGirl19
October 11th, 2020, 08:44 PM
I forgot to update on my HCG levels. I’m happy they have been rising well.
16DPO: 439
18DPO: 1272
22DPO: 7488

hakrueg
October 11th, 2020, 08:49 PM