PDA

View Full Version : Strange AF.

threelittlebears
January 31st, 2012, 10:25 PM
Hi, not sure if I am in the right section as I have only ever posted in the gender swaying forum. However, just wondering if anyone had experienced the type of AF I am having now.

AF arrived 2 days early last week without the usual warning of cramps etc and was extremely light but it was red as normal. However, by that evening it turned a very dark brown and has been that way for 6 days now. My normal AF lasts 3-4 days and is always red, tapering off on day 3. The brown bleeding has been quite heavy and the last couple of days I have had the type of cramps I normally get before AF arrives not at the end! I am now on day 7 and there is still brown discharge when I go to the toilet.

I am ttc a girl and am wondering if anyone has experienced this type of AF when doing the diet and taking supps, though I am only taking calcium/magnesium and cranberry. I would normally be gearing up to ovualte now, however I am unsure due to still having the discharge when I will ovulate this cycle now.

Any replies are appreciated!

Justine.

LolaInLove
February 6th, 2012, 01:56 PM
That is really strange! I am not sure, but I think a trip to the doctor is worth a go. Just to make sure you don't have anything really bad going on- I am not swaying girl, so not sure if the supps may have anything to do with it. Post this in the gender swaying discussion section, or even the ttc girl section, and see if anyone has any advice.....hopefully Atomic will chime in on this. I hope all is ok!

Cinss
February 18th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Sorry i am not swaying girl this time, but i have noticed changes in my AF too. I have gone from typical 7 day very heavy red bleed, to 3 days dark brown light bleed. I figure it is the supps and diet changes messing with things. If it is really worying you go see your doc.