PDA

View Full Version : FEBRUARY CHIT CHAT!!

DoulaMama
February 1st, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hello Girls! Thought I'd start us a new thread:)

How is everyone? I'm doing really well:) 29 weeks today!! Dealing with some annoying pregnancy stuff like leg cramps at night and some lower back ache. I've upped my cal/mag and my banana consumption so I hope the leg cramps bugger off...they hurt!!! I have to go see my chiro soon too.

I'm really excited about this weekend! I leave on Friday to go to Galliano Island(a small island off the coast of Vancouver Island) for 4 days...with NO CHILDREN! I'm spending the weekend with my very dear friend(the one that's flying out and being here for my birth). I'm just so excited!

I managed to go crazy on the weekend and rearranged my bedroom, organized/washed my baby clothes, sewed a few items, washed all the covers for my bouncy seat/swing, and purchased some more newborn outfits:) The nesting is finally starting to hit me!! Yay!! The only thing that sucks about it is that it comes in spurts and I do way too much in one day...and then I suffer for a few days from major lower back pain:(

So what about you guys? Anything exciting???

auroara78
February 1st, 2012, 11:15 AM
We need to see pics of all the cute things you're knitting for Felina!

ELP
February 1st, 2012, 11:36 AM
Well all good here:) 34 weeks by the Dr's dates! Had a midwife app today and measured 33cm so am really pleased at that as I've been dreading delivering a baby 'Shamoo' lol!! Plus I managed to get DH's tax return to the accountant yesterday which could/should have been in any time since Apr '10 with yesterday being the last day:oops: but at least its in right:bigsmile:

Have a great vaca DM!! Completely envious xxxx:bigsmile: And do post some pics of your knitting for us, I am extremely uncreative and will again be completely envious of your accomplishments! :hugs:

zanacal
February 1st, 2012, 12:07 PM
Hi everyone :D

Doing good here too, though I feel like I should be more than 24 weeks - time is dragging now!!

My pelvic/hip pain pretty much disappeared as quickly as it came which was very odd but I'm not complaining. Baby Eliza is very active which is lovely. Every now and again I have to remind myself to pay more attention to it all because I won't be doing it again. I just went to the toilet and noticed that I have a spot on my calf which feels really bruised (there's nothing there to see) and now I'm paranoid that it's a DVT - I think I'm becoming neurotic!

I discovered the Marie Mongan Hypnobirthing book on my shelf (I really don't recall buying it but obviously I did!). DM - you mentioned that you had a course or something at home. What is yours exactly? I figure it's about time to start thinking positive thoughts and all that ...

K x

Glittergirl
February 1st, 2012, 01:50 PM
Hi Girls! Sounds like everyone is doing great! I got my blood/bile results and everything is normal! I'm now 34 weeks and it's getting closer and closer. I have had so much fun going through all the fancy dresses and blankets and bows. I keep having to open the closet and look at them--I just can't believe it!
DM your vacation sounds amazing! I haven't done too much nesting yet which is not normal for me. Ever since the lowT diet to sway pink I feel like I don't have the crazy drive I used to have to make sure everything is perfect. I don't clean obsessively like I used to. I guess it's good and bad huh? I need to get to it though, not much time left!

princesssarah34
February 1st, 2012, 05:24 PM
I will chime in here for a bit.
Well 26 weeks today I believe and I am so over being prego already!! This little boy is so way more active than his brothers were.....95% of the time I feel like he is just doing sumersalts in my tummy...very loppy sumersalts! My legs ache my back hurts and my hip is killing me most days. I keep telling myself just a few more months thats it.......but it doesn't seem to be working!

lobella2
February 1st, 2012, 08:32 PM
Hi everyone. I am 28 weeks today. I feel pretty good, except for ankle and feet swelling and being tired. I have been nesting for like two months already:) I had to rearrange my daughters closet and put a dresser in it, since one dresser will not be enough for two girls. I just bought the carseat, since I got rid of my infant carriers and I ordered a crib. I am trying to stop and enjoy the pregnancy also since this will be my last.

Glittergirl
February 2nd, 2012, 10:57 AM
Whats everyone doing about infant car seats? I am thinking not to get a whole travel system, instead get a stroller frame to attach the infant car seat to when I'm running quick errands in and out of stores etc. I don't need another stroller since i have one from ds3 that is good for when they are about 6 months old and I have my double stroller which is still in great shape for places we do lots of walking such as the zoo or disneyland. Anyone have experience with stroller frames? I'm also going to start doing some serious looking at the carriers as I think I will be carrying this baby on me a lot! The only other thing I may need is one of those breathing monitors. Anyone use one before? I have never used one on any of my kids but I hear lots of moms rave how much piece of mind they have when they put their babies to sleep. We always co-sleep but I may just try keeping baby next to me in a bassinet.

zanacal
February 2nd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Well that was a thoroughly crap day!

I went to see two doctors about my sore leg. Last night I was told probably a muscle strain but the pain got worse over night and I barely slept from worry. This morning I went back to the doctor and had a blood test which didn't rule out a DVT so I was sent to the hospital with a suspected DVT. At this point I was convinced I would probably die and I was a wreck! Thankfully, the ultrasound showed no DVT. My leg is still really hurting but I'm so grateful it's not that. I need a stiff drink - I'll have to get DH to drink it for me!

dannikins
February 2nd, 2012, 03:40 PM
everyone is getting so close to due dates now...:)

not much to report here, bub had shifted, so my sciatica isnt as bad now, but im getting so short of breath so easily now.
im getting kicks in my side now instead of my lower tummy.

just the last few days, started getting horrible leg cramps.....:(
especially of a night, waking up with them....uggghh

Glittergirl
February 2nd, 2012, 07:34 PM
Wow Z....glad you're ok. Sorry for my ignorance what is a DVT, is it a type of clot?? It looks like many of us got little scares but thankfully all is well.
Dannikins--I used to get those leg cramps with my other pregnancies and they are no fun. usually would happen if I stretched my leg out in bed. Now I just have itchy feet, not sure which is worse :(

ELP
February 3rd, 2012, 07:19 AM
Well that was a thoroughly crap day!

I went to see two doctors about my sore leg. Last night I was told probably a muscle strain but the pain got worse over night and I barely slept from worry. This morning I went back to the doctor and had a blood test which didn't rule out a DVT so I was sent to the hospital with a suspected DVT. At this point I was convinced I would probably die and I was a wreck! Thankfully, the ultrasound showed no DVT. My leg is still really hurting but I'm so grateful it's not that. I need a stiff drink - I'll have to get DH to drink it for me!

Thank goodness it wasn't that!! I wonder what it could be?? Not meaning to talk 'granny' but could it possibly be some type of varicose vein in there? I'm sure I'm gonna get them in the top of my leg, you know the crease where your leg ends and muffin starts lol, underneath there!

tweedledeedum
February 3rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Hi girls,

Glad to hear you are all doing well. Z- hope your leg clears up soon and glad it's not a DVT. GG - hope the ichiness stops soon. Did you ever figure out what is causing it?

I'm now almost 25 weeks. Time has just been flying by for me. I have started shopping a little. I have also done some knitting/crocheting. I am thinking of getting either a Moby Wrap or a Baby K'tan for the early days this time. Anyone have experience/prefer one over the other? I have been feeling great, my nausea has finally gone for the most part. I started listing to the Hypnobabies CDs last night and ended up falling asleep - wonder if that works? have a good day ladies!

zanacal
February 3rd, 2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks everyone. Yesterday seems a little surreal now, I certainly over-reacted. Never count on me in a crisis!! GG - a DVT is a deep vein thrombosis, so yes a blood clot. ELP - I don't have any varicose veins (stretch marks and flabby bits aplenty but not them lol!). I'm thinking it's probably just a bruise or strain of some sort and it actually feels a lot better today.

GG - I'm so glad your results came back clear too. You must be so relieved :D

Tweedle - I had a Moby for DS3 which I loved for the first few months. I was looking to get a different stretchy wrap this time (I sold the Moby) but I think I'm just going to get another one in a different colour! I haven't heard of the other type you mention I'm afraid.

My travel system arrived this week and is taking up way too much room in our den! I think I'm going to do a proper list an buy everything else we need around March time which is a couple of months before our due date. In the meantime I buy bits and pieces whenever the whim takes me!

Mochagirl
February 3rd, 2012, 01:06 PM
Hey ladies, I just found this thread now :oops:

Obviously I'm waaaaay behind all of you now, but I have my 8 week u/s scheduled for Tuesday, so hopefully I'll see a heartbeat and can finally have some peace of mind. I totally know what you're saying about wanting to savour the moments because this is the last pregnancy, Z! I can't wait until I can finally get out of the horrible first trimester and move into some of the more pleasurable parts of pregnancy. Having two first trimesters back-to-back really sucks....

As far as baby equipment, we'll need a new infant car seat because our originals from when my twins were born is expired now. I think we'll be ok for strollers - I have quite a collection: A DuoGlider from when my twins were babies, a sit and stand stroller that will probably come in handy for the baby and ds3, a CityMini that's only 2 years old, and a wide assortment of umbrella strollers, both double and single. I think DH would kill me if I got another stroller when our garage is already full of them :bigsmile:. We *may* need a new crib, though, which seems silly because we have two...but the standards have changed so much since my twins were born and now drop-side cribs are banned in Canada after several deaths. Both of mine are drop-side, one is only 6 years old, but the other was a hand-me-down from my brother, and I think it's maybe 11 years old. The baby will sleep in our room anyway for the first several months, then we have to figure out how to fit 4 kids in 2 bedrooms...either that or dh has to give up his home office.

Inglewood
February 3rd, 2012, 03:45 PM
Found u all too!! Thanks Z!!! You know me well by now, still on last mth's thread! lol

Z, DVT's are horrible. Treated many of them over the years in my job. I've developed varicose veins this pg, on my left leg and 'my lady bits' got a lovley 'jock strap' type thingy to support down there and the thrombolitic stockings for my legs. Annoying to have v.veins, but hey! They started out like small bruises and then leg cramps, (that leg always has cramped with prev pg). Hope u feel more reassured about things, if the doppler/scan was -ve that's good.

Many of us seem due around the same time, know this is march-may thread, but I mean we are a week or 2 apart! I find out in 2-3wks my section date, can't wait!! I'm 27wks and 1 day now. Have a scan on tues, can't wait to ask the approx weight of them now, they feel HUGE, the smaller twin is an acrobat! OMG, the boys never moved like that before, twin on my right is quieter, softer kicks and movements. x

dannikins
February 5th, 2012, 04:18 PM
we dont really need anything.
i still have all the stuff from my boys, and most of the newborn stuff is gender neutral, same with all the baby bedding etc.
i will need to get a new walker, as the one we have has been through 4 boys, but that wont be needed for a while...
and i did buy a new tandem stroller, because up untill now i have only used the single one, but with 3 aged 3 and under i think the tandem will be a sanity saver.

and of course if it is a girl, lots of shopping will be done.
if its pink, or frilly, i WILL be buying it...lol

Glittergirl
February 6th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I ordered my infant car seat...so much cheaper on Amazon and shipping was free! I think I will go for the stroller frame but I will wait and see...we really don't need another stroller! DH talked me out of buying one of those movement monitors. Has anyone used one? He insists since we pretty much co-sleep or at least the bassinet is right next to our bed that everything should be fine. I never used one before. Any opinions? I still want to get a carrier too...maybe the ring sling? Still researching it. I have a feeling I will be carrying this baby a lot since I'm more busy with three active boys and all their activities and school stuff going on. And I still need to get my overnight bag ready. wow so much to do and I only have 5 weeks if I go the full 40 weeks!

dannikins
February 7th, 2012, 01:06 AM
i have never had a monitor for any of mine, i also have the baby in the room with us, cradle next to the bed.

i think if you have a 2 storey house, then they are a good idea for while bubs upstairs and you are downstairs sort of thing, but i personally think they are a waste of money.

zanacal
February 7th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Do you mean one of the little monitors which goes on their nappy? I have one of those. I bought it when DS3 was a baby because the Amby hammock which we use had a safety scare and it was very reassuring, also reassuring when carrying in a sling. Worth every penny in my opinion if you're a worrier, peace of mind is priceless! I also use a 'normal' monitor when baby is upstairs and we're downstairs. We live in an old house with incredibly thick walls and we have a lot of background noise here!

zanacal
February 7th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I'm just back from an unscheduled visit to the midwife. This baby is trouble already - probably revenge for me being such hard work as a baby!! I was driving home from work today and I thought I was going to feint and had to pull off the road. I had to stop another two times after that because I didn't feel right and didn't feel like I could catch enough breath. Well, it turns out everything is ok but baby has turned breech. I started getting braxton hicks yesterday which feel like a washing machine in my tummy and make me catch my breath as well as shooting pains down below - I guess the reason I can't get enough breath is that I have a head up there and the shooting pains are little legs! I know it doesn't matter yet that she's breech but it's mighty uncomfortable (and something I've never experienced before!) so I'm going to start doing the daily exercises on Spinning Babies and I hope that might help! Of course the DVT scare last week has me worrying about every little thing also, which probably made me panic and likely made me feel worse!

Mochagirl
February 7th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Sorry you're so uncomfortable, Z! Tell that little miss to stop kicking you in the nether regions!

dannikins
February 7th, 2012, 05:40 PM
sounds awful Z.
all of mine have stayed beech untill later in the pregnancy, and getting kicked in the cervix is no fun at all!

Glittergirl
February 7th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Ouch Z! totally know what that kicking feeling is like....like a knife stabbing you down there!

Glittergirl
February 7th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Do you mean one of the little monitors which goes on their nappy? I have one of those. I bought it when DS3 was a baby because the Amby hammock which we use had a safety scare and it was very reassuring, also reassuring when carrying in a sling. Worth every penny in my opinion if you're a worrier, peace of mind is priceless! I also use a 'normal' monitor when baby is upstairs and we're downstairs. We live in an old house with incredibly thick walls and we have a lot of background noise here!
ITs one of those monitors that go under their mattress to prevents SIDS. My babies have always slept in our room or with me in the bed on one those little protector things so maybe it will be a waste of money if " always with the baby??

zanacal
February 8th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Oh ok, I chose the one which attaches to the nappy because you can use it anywhere - and the ones which go under the mattress can't be used in our hammock. Might be an alternative to consider!

I still feel terrible, kind of spaced out and weird. I've also had an upset tummy and was dry wretching this morning. Every now and again I feel like my heart stops and I get a rush in my head, which is weird and scary. I think (and hope!) that I'm just coming down with a bug because the cold I've had for weeks has got worse again and my ears kept popping on the drive to work and I know ear problems can cause problems with balance etc. I really wish I was 10 weeks down the line!

DoulaMama
February 8th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Hello All!!!

I'm back from my vacay and wishing that it had been 5 days longer ...
The only bonus of being home(other than seeing my family ;)) is that nesting has truly kicked in!!! Holy toledo!!! I'm going crazy! I've cleared our storage room, gotten birth supplies ready, going through closets to donate/sell/throw...it's been wonderful! My back is killing me but other than that it's been great.
GG- I cosleep as well(bassinet and in our bed) and I don't feel the need for a monitor but I know that those under the baby monitor are finicky and go off when there's no issue, so it would cause me more stress. What makes you feel the least stressed out is the best idea:)
Z- My goodness! This baby is not being nice to you!! I truly hope that once this cold is gone, you'll be feeling right as rain! xo
I'll come and post a bit more once this nesting urge has been satisfied;)

Mochagirl
February 8th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Welcome back, DM - we've missed you!

dannikins
February 8th, 2012, 04:16 PM
ITs one of those monitors that go under their mattress to prevents SIDS. My babies have always slept in our room or with me in the bed on one those little protector things so maybe it will be a waste of money if " always with the baby??

ok i thought you meant the other kind of monitor....duh..lol

i agree with Z if you want one of the monitors go for the one they attach to baby, not the under matress ones.
when my eldest was 3 weeks old, he had an apnea episode, stopped breathing, freaked us all out.
it turned out to be that he still had crap in his lungs from when he was born.

we spent 2 days in hospital , and he had one of the ones they attach to bub on him the entire time.
that worked great, and he had no more episodes .
when they sent us home they gave us an under mattress one to use for a month, for peace of mind.
that stupid thing was going off all the time!, even when he was breathing fine and fast a sleep that thing would go off, all hours of the night, we had hardly any sleep , after 2-3 days i ended up taking it out, because all it was doing was causing stress and waking everyone up.

Sunset
February 8th, 2012, 04:29 PM
dannikins i think your under the mattress breathing monitor must have been faulty because i've had one with each of my boys and have one now with my dd and I think I must have only ever had 2 false alarms... I couldn't live without one, it makes me feel very reassured when i go to bed at night :)

DoulaMama
February 10th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Thanks Mocha! It's nice to be back but I've been working my tail off trying to get the house tidied, purged, cleaned and readied for baby. I have freezer meals to make, stuff to order, crafts to make....I'm going to busy until I give birth! LOL

About the "ordering" part...Is this not the sweetest thing ever?
Baby Flower Headband Newborn Headband by BellaFleurBoutique (http://www.etsy.com/listing/76645686/baby-flower-headband-newborn-headband?ref=sc_1&sref=from_your_favorite_listings)

I've been looking for newborn photoprops and I have to stop myself from ordering all of the cute little headbands...This kid better come out without a willy! LOL

Z- I'm so sorry your little munchkin is all over the place..is she getting back into a good place yet?

xoxo Talk soon!!

lobella2
February 10th, 2012, 09:58 AM
DM I love that headband. I may have to order one:) I have already ordered one headband and 2 hats. I have never had the pretty newborn pics taken, but I really want to this time. It's just a matter of finding the right headband and clothing or cover up.

I have not posted much lately because there hasn't been much going on. I am scrambling to get things in order at work. I am a teacher so I have to plan for my sub when I am gone. After today I only have 5 more weeks until I take off work, so I am really excited and ready for the break. Then I will have some time to spend with my other two kids before the baby comes.

zanacal
February 10th, 2012, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=DoulaMama;143537]Z- I'm so sorry your little munchkin is all over the place..is she getting back into a good place yet?
QUOTE]

Do you know, I have absolutely no idea! I suspect she's still breech based on the kicks but I can't feel a thing myself! I had started to do some daily balancing exercises but I've pulled some muscles in my chest now and I really don't need to be obsessing about chest pains with all the breathing/heart stuff I've had going on so for now I'm just chilling. It's early days anyway!

DoulaMama
February 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Oh yeah! You have tons of time for her to get into a great birthing position:) It's just not very nice to have them breech if it's causing you issues:) I'm sorry about the chest issues on top of everything! That really sucks:(

zanacal
February 10th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Oh yeah! You have tons of time for her to get into a great birthing position:) It's just not very nice to have them breech if it's causing you issues:) I'm sorry about the chest issues on top of everything! That really sucks:(

I've been feeling lots of kicks at the top of my tummy tonight so hopefully she may have moved afterall! I'm sure she'll be turning somersaults for the next 3 months though :D

dannikins
February 10th, 2012, 04:48 PM
OMG doula that is sooooo cute, if i ever have a girl im going to have a room full of stuff like that!!!

dannikins
February 10th, 2012, 04:50 PM
thats good Z.
i have a head under my ribs ATM...:)

zanacal
February 11th, 2012, 03:21 AM
I think I'm going insane. I feel like I can't get enough breath in all the time but I'm pretty sure a lot of it is psychological - you know how the more you think about your breathing the more you breathe funny?! I'm trying to put it out of my mind but not succeeding. When I go to bed at night I imagine I can hardly breathe and I have to open the window and take big gulps of air to feel better. I'm pretty sure I'm nothing more than a little breathless and that it's perfectly normal. I am doing a really weird thing when I'm dropping off and I wake myself up kind of grunting while I'm breathing and I'm not imagining that. I did it on the sofa last night and DH woke me up to check I was ok!

I've stopped taking my pre natal vitamin as it's possible that the B vitamins were causing my heartbeat issue. I will buy some Vitamin D and possibly some Iron but I was wondering if there's anything more natural I can take to help me feel more spritely and to relax more! Doula - any ideas?

Inglewood
February 11th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Z, just catching up. You really have had a rotten time!! Is your Haemoglobin ok? It can make u breathless and lightheaded and a list of other symptoms! When was it last checked? Mine was 8.9 (low) when I was breathless and I have a baby breech and 1 ceph, so my breechy baby batters my ribs too! Hope they keep a close eye on you. x

Hello to everyone else, been AWOL a few days, just so tired and TONS going on trying to sell this house, every room causes a new prob! Hope ur all well? Not long now Doula and lobella? I think time flying by....I'm 28wks now! Mocha and Dannikins ,hope u both keeping well? Sorry if missed anyone.

You might think I am mad......but, has anyone ever experienced a 'clicking' or 'popping' sound from their bumps??? I must hear it about 6 times a day, thought at first it was my poor old back, but googled it and read women being told it's the babies moving! Sometimes I hear it when they move, sometimes when I am at rest (that's why I thought it was my spine creaking). Not concerened, just confused! x

Mochagirl
February 11th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I don't think I've ever heard a clicking sound, Inglewood. That's very strange, but also pretty cool that you can hear them.....

I'm doing well. I'm 9 weeks today, so in 2 weeks I'll be at the point I was when I had my m/c. I had an u/s this week and got to see the heartbeat, so it's made me more hopeful things might turn out ok this time. Now I'm just biding time until my 12 week u/s...in the meantime I just got my new cheapie doppler in the mail so I have a new toy to play with :bigsmile:.

Inglewood
February 11th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Mocha, lovely u had a scan to see hearbeat! 2wks is not long to wait either. Gosh, 9wks already! I think everyone pg's are going so fast! I have 8wks to go! Ok, I'm going 4wks early, but still, seemed ages to wait till this point and now I'm here I'm beginning to worry a bit more as each week passes! Take care. Glad ur doing well. x

Mochagirl
February 11th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I don't remember - are you going to try for a vaginal birth, or do you have a scheduled c-section?

Inglewood
February 11th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I don't remember - are you going to try for a vaginal birth, or do you have a scheduled c-section?

Planned C-section. The Consultant recommended it, although has left it up to me, she's lovely. Both boys were section's, so don't really fancy a Vag birth first time with twins!! Find out on 21st Feb my section date. Excited to know when my babies birthday will be!

Glittergirl
February 11th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I love the feather flower headband! I'm gonna try to make one! They are just gorgeous...or I may be lazy and buy one. I really need to start nesting soon! I have about 4 weeks left but I'm still fighting this bad cold, sinus infection, strep throat, horrible sciatic nerve issues and just this morning woke up with pink eye! I just wanna enjoy these last few weeks :(

zanacal
February 11th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I'm sorry you're poorly Glittergirl. How many weeks do you have left? It can't be many! It's going to start getting busy around here soon with you, DM, Lobella and Inglewood due so soon - I've probably missed somebody too!

Inglewood - I have no idea what my hoemoglobin levels are (I know I spelt that wrong but I can't be bothered to check!). You don't get a midwife appointment at all between 16 weeks and 28 weeks which seems an incredible amount of time. I was going to buy some Spatone anyway just in case that's an issue but I haven't seen it in the shops since I've been looking!

I started knitting today - trying to keep busy and distracted! It's been lovely actually because my nan taught me to knit and she died 2 years ago so it feels like a connection to her. I'm amazed that I remember how to do it :-) I'm just praticing at the moment but then I hope to knit the baby some booties and maybe a hat.

dannikins
February 11th, 2012, 04:53 PM
ive started nesting already!
its going to be a long few months...lol
im constantly making sure everything is perfect, the covers on the lounge suite are the biggest pain in the butt, i seem to be straightening them all day long, everytime someone sits on it im fixing it again, im going to send myself mad!

Z i cant knit to save myself....lol.. but i can crochet , im making a blanket atm, i have made one for each of the boys when i was pregnant, i think its a nice thing to give them when they are older and having kids of their own.
i do a little bit every night after the kids have gone to bed.

DoulaMama
February 12th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Hello!

Z- I second GG's suggestion. I would definitely see what your iron levels are at because that sounds like lack of iron or lack of B vits. Flouradix has lots of both of those things and I find I feel WAY better after a month on it. It could just be good ole pregnancy kicking your butt but usually it's something lacking in your diet if all else appears to be ok. Is your blood pressure on the low end of normal? Mine is and I find I get knackered easily and out of breath after just one flight of stairs. I also find it's hard to get a full breath in too near the end of pregnancy and with this one I am really carrying higher than the boys...so strange!

GG- So exciting that you have so little time left!!! With Charlie arriving(3Pink1Blue's little guy) it seems like it won't be long before ELP, Begonia and you have your baby's!!!I'm freaking out about only having 9+ weeks....I've been getting a ton of stuff finished but I still have freezer meals etc and I dread making them....ugh. I like it once they're done...but making them sucks! Too bad we can't eat fabric....LOL

Mocha- SO EXCITING!!! I'm so happy that you saw a little heartbeat at your u/s :awe: :HH: You must feel very relieved!

Talk soon ladies!!

Inglewood
February 12th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Z, when do u see the midwife next? I would insist they take ur Haemoglobin levels! Really surprised with ur symptoms they didn't! I had bloods done at 7wks at my book-in appt and then when I was at the clinic at 24wks they couldn't find my bloods from around 18wks, I told them they weren't done and apparently they should of been!!!! Regardless of twin pg or not, they should of been done around then and missed!!! So maybe urs have been missed too, so I would insist for sure. I take Sytron which is prescibed, but my SIL works as a midwives support and tells me Asda, Tesco and Boots have Spatone and they recommend all their pg ladies to take it, wish I knew that b4 my levels dropped so low! I have felt so crpa, tires, breathless and awful. Since stopping the Iron tabs my chest pains/oesphageal spasms aren't so bad, but maybe I should of been taking spatone! I couldn't take the pregnacare as it made me so sick!! even tried a herbal kind which made me even worse! Think it's folic acid and iron together that irritates my tummy! Hope ur better soon!

I was lying last night and that clicking/popping noise was so loud. Dh says it can't be the babies through layers of skin, fluid etc.... but must say it's kinna worrying me now! Will tell my Midwife on wed at the doctors, but she seems a kinna new midwife! Will mention it at clinic a wk on tues to the consultant too.

GG, sorry to hear ur having a poorly last few wks :) hope u get better soon.

Dannikins, Z and Mocha, wish I could crochet, knit or even sew a half decent item! I can hem trousers and sew buttons...that's my lot! But with girls coming I want to try and learn, too busy now with the house going up for sale, but maybe once babies here and I can squeeze some time with my MIL (lives 2hrs away tho) as she was a seamstress and can make anything! She makes Scottish craft items for a very impt visitor place in scotland...she's that good!

Have a good weekend :) xx

Princess of Pink
February 12th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Inglewood - With my youngest I heard that clicking noise all the time and my OB said it was common.

zanacal
February 12th, 2012, 04:08 AM
My bloods are due to be taken at 28 weeks again so not long to wait and I'll take the Spatone anyway. I'm not going to take anything with B vitamins in it because I think they may have been contributing to the ectopic heartbeat and that's why I stopped taking my prenatal. My blood pressure is on the low side of normal and I'm also carrying much higher than I did with the boys! I felt much better yesterday so hopefully it'll last :D

ELP and Begonia! Who's first?!

Inglewood
February 12th, 2012, 03:14 PM
My bloods are due to be taken at 28 weeks again so not long to wait and I'll take the Spatone anyway. I'm not going to take anything with B vitamins in it because I think they may have been contributing to the ectopic heartbeat and that's why I stopped taking my prenatal. My blood pressure is on the low side of normal and I'm also carrying much higher than I did with the boys! I felt much better yesterday so hopefully it'll last :D

ELP and Begonia! Who's first?!

I can't take vit B, gives me pins and needles in my hand and feet! Hope u feel better soon. x

PrincessofPink, Thanks, that's reassuring. Not heard it today thankfully, but yest heard it about 10 times! Did ur OB say what it was??

dannikins
February 12th, 2012, 04:28 PM
i woke up yesterday totally short of breath, just standing makes me puff and pant, its horrible.
i have an OB appointment later today, so i will see what they say, but i think its just bubs had a growth spurt and is squashing everything.

i also think i have PUPPP, had this horrible itchy, stingy rash all over my belly, never had it with any of the others.
constantly itchy and sore, and stings like a bitch in the shower.
hopefully they will be able to point to the best way to treat it, because there is no way in hell i can put up with it for the next 16 weeks or more!

zanacal
February 12th, 2012, 04:58 PM
That sounds sore Dannikins - what is PUPPP? I hope it's something they can give you something for.

Does anybody have any advice of what I can take for this cough? I'm sure I'd feel tonnes better if I didn't have it! When I was pregnant with DS3 I had an awful cough and in the end I got anti-biotics which made me sick and didn't make a blind bit of difference to the cough! In the end I decided it was a reflux cough and I made some changes to my diet which helped, though I can't really remember what they were now! I think I sipped water all day long, avoided fatty/tomato-y/spicy foods and didn't eat too much at a time so perhaps I'll try that - but I suspect this one is a 'proper' cold because of the amount of snot (sorry!).

Mochagirl
February 12th, 2012, 06:30 PM
There are some over the counter cough medicines you're allowed to take. If you ask the pharmacist to help you, he or she should be able to steer you in the right direction. I think here it's Robitussen DM Dry Cough you can take while pregnant. If you'd rather not take any medicine - try a spoonful of honey, or better yet, a mixture of hot water, lemon and honey.

Sorry you're feeling poorly!

Glittergirl
February 12th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Dannikins I hope its not PUPPS--my friend got them with her 4th --girl after 3 boys--and she described it the same way you did I had never heard of it until she got them. Apparently it is a rash like itchy burning thing all over her belly. She showed me and it looked so painful. Hopefully you can get some relief!

I'm starting to feel better now and beginning to nest more, but it's hard cause I have a hard time doing just the regular stuff that needs to be done on a daily basis, let alone the extras like organizing baby stuff and cleaning out kitchen cabinets and closets but I think I will get it done in the next week or two!

Glittergirl
February 12th, 2012, 11:32 PM
That sounds sore Dannikins - what is PUPPP? I hope it's something they can give you something for.

Does anybody have any advice of what I can take for this cough? I'm sure I'd feel tonnes better if I didn't have it! When I was pregnant with DS3 I had an awful cough and in the end I got anti-biotics which made me sick and didn't make a blind bit of difference to the cough! In the end I decided it was a reflux cough and I made some changes to my diet which helped, though I can't really remember what they were now! I think I sipped water all day long, avoided fatty/tomato-y/spicy foods and didn't eat too much at a time so perhaps I'll try that - but I suspect this one is a 'proper' cold because of the amount of snot (sorry!).

I have a horrible cough too and I really have to keep myself from coughing cause I have such a bad gag reflex this time around. Hot tea helps me. I don't add sugar or anything cause that just adds to the cough. I hope that works for you but I know how bad a cough can be when you are preggers! Especially if you're like me and I will actually pee myself if
I'm not careful!

starflower
February 12th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Just popping in as I saw that you were talking about PUPPS.... I had this condition in my pregnancy with my DS and it was awful, so Dannikins I know what you are going through! It started as a very itchy rash on the belly and then spread all over, so bad that it was hard to sleep for more than an hour and a half at a time... argh.

Anyway, the good news is that I did find a 'cure' so to speak, or something that helped immensely (as technically the only cure is having the baby!) and that was acupuncture. It sounds weird and a bit out there I know, but it honestly helped like you would not believe and cleared it up 99% before having DS. I have been seeing my acupunctist for a few fertility sessions and she told me that my case was the worst she has even seen. She also says that she enjoys treating PUPPS as it usually responds so well to the acupuncture treatment. Anyway, please do give it a go if it is indeed PUPPS.

If I can do anything to help please PM me as I have a few websites etc I can also recommend you to and a few other things that helped! Hope you feel better soon x

Princess of Pink
February 13th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Inglewood he said sometimes babies have clicky hips and you can hear it from the outside. I heard it multiple times a day for the second half of my pregnancy. She is almost 6 now and had no problems at all. So don't worry about it!!

zanacal
February 13th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Lol Glittergirl, it's such an effort with such a powerful cough not to a) wet myself b)fart or c) throw up - particularly tricky at work!!

dannikins
February 13th, 2012, 04:13 PM
LMAO @ Z, its sooo true, sneezing is bad too...

my check up went well.
BP is good, fundal height is almost 2 weeks ahead, so looks like its going to another big bub.
and is also contributing to my gasping for breath like a fish out of water every time i do anything.

for now we are just going to see what happens as far as my rash goes, looks like it is puppp, for now i just have to avoid getting too hot, because it can make it worse, and be careful what i put of it.
so far Bio oil seems to be the best, its still itchy , but not as stingy if i use that.
all the belly butter etc seems to irritate it and make it worse.
dandelion tea is meant to help too, so i have to start drinking that.
if it gets worse then i might need steroid cream, and i really dont want to have to use that.

i also got everything organised for my glucose test.
my TSH has dropped even more, so i need to have repeat bloods done for that, my T3 and T4 are still in the normal range so hopefully they stay that way.

Mochagirl
February 15th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Lol Glittergirl, it's such an effort with such a powerful cough not to a) wet myself b)fart or c) throw up - particularly tricky at work!!

:rofl: Pregnancy is so glamorous, isn't it?? :rofl:

Mochagirl
February 15th, 2012, 12:31 PM
So, after lots of ladies told me about their experiences with at-home dopplers, I bought a cheapie one off ebay. I started checking for the heartbeat at 9 weeks, knowing it was really early, but hoping I'd be one of the lucky ones. Well...I heard the heartbeat this morning, at 9 weeks 4 days!!! It was such a beautiful sound! :HH: It ranged from about 169-172. I'm so glad I can have this extra bit of reassurance as I wait for my 12 week scan.

zanacal
February 15th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Aww, that's lovely Mocha! Not long until you reach that magic 12 week mark, I'm so happy everything seems to be going well for you :D How are you feeling?

Mochagirl
February 15th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I'm feeling pretty good. No nausea unless I let myself get too hungry - no danger of that since I eat CONSTANTLY :)

Inglewood
February 15th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Z, u made me laugh too!! Like me going to collect my 'jock strap type thingy' for my varicose veins in my un-metionables!!! lol

Saw the midwife today, so said the clicking noise I hear is 'hiccups'.....don't believe that!!

Hope ur all well? Mocha, fab news about doppler!! x

lobella2
February 15th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Wow Inglewood, I have never heard of anyone being able to hear hiccups. That's strange.

How exciting Mocha! I have never used an at home doppler before.

DoulaMama
February 16th, 2012, 02:38 AM
So, after lots of ladies told me about their experiences with at-home dopplers, I bought a cheapie one off ebay. I started checking for the heartbeat at 9 weeks, knowing it was really early, but hoping I'd be one of the lucky ones. Well...I heard the heartbeat this morning, at 9 weeks 4 days!!! It was such a beautiful sound! :HH: It ranged from about 169-172. I'm so glad I can have this extra bit of reassurance as I wait for my 12 week scan.

So glad to hear that you found the heartbeat! It's pretty exciting hey?! I had a doppler for my first pregnancy and it really put my mind at ease until I could feel the baby regularly. Baby's heart rate is just perfect too!! xo

Z, u made me laugh too!! Like me going to collect my 'jock strap type thingy' for my varicose veins in my un-metionables!!! lol

Saw the midwife today, so said the clicking noise I hear is 'hiccups'.....don't believe that!!

Hope ur all well? Mocha, fab news about doppler!! x

Strange...that doesn't sound quite right....LOL I would say it's most likely ligaments stretching and rubbing off your pelvis(I have this happen with my knee and you can hear the clicking sounds). I'm also sure that my little girl rubs her limbs together and it makes a funny popping sound inside of me. Not only that, it's like she has seizures sometimes! My first did this too and it scared the crap out of me! It was/is like I had/have Thumper(the rabbit from Bambi...in case you're wondering WTH I'm talking about ;))in my uterus!

I'm starting to slow down the nesting now...thank goodness! I'm sore and tired.... So now I just boss my hubby around and tell him what to clean or do...it's great!! LOL He's left for another 2 weeks for work so it's been tough here for the past few days:( The first week is rough without him. He has one more tour before I'm due and then he's home for a month(working close by) before he has to leave again. I hope this baby is easy....

I'm slowly working through the to-do list...getting the last few supplies, buying needed items for baby, the last of the cloth dipes etc.
I've been having weird birth dreams this time around. Most of them have been solo birth dreams....which isn't really what I have been planning.... I do want my hubby and friend there in the room, and hopefully my mom with the kids, but it's almost like my subconscious is telling me that it's just too many people. I wake up, feel crampy, go to the loo, have my water break on the toilet and then squat down in the dark and push my baby out...all the while my hubby is sleeping 15 feet from me! I can't say I would complain if this is the way it's supposed to be but I'm really hoping to be in the tub again and have hubby there to see his first daughter come into the world:) I guess we'll see in 9 or so weeks!!! Holy Shnikeys!!!

zanacal
February 16th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Eek Doula - I love it when I get to be 30something weeks pregnant, it feels like the final countdown then :D Every time I read about your to-do lists and your nesting I think I should probably have a similar list - but I just don't! I have a list of things to buy but that's different :D This morning I was on Ebay and I bought several little dresses on a whim! Perhaps I'll start feeling that way inclined at some point down the line but at the moment I'm quite happy to slob around and do the bare minimum ihousework wise!

I've had the week off work this week and we've been home all week because I've been potty training DS3. It's actually been quite nice and we've had a few visitors so that has broken it up a bit. DS3 has been a superstar - yesterday was day 3 and he was clean and dry all day! A few accidents today but it's been super exciting and busy because his cousins came to play. Tomorrow he's going to his childminder and I'm going to take DS1 and DS2 out somewhere. I'm not looking forward to going back to work and school at all! But yipee - no nappies for around 3 months for me :D

Mochagirl
February 16th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Z - you're smart to do the potty training now. With my boys, I waited until too close to baby time, so although one of them one completely trained by his third birthday (all my kids are late potty trainers), they reverted back to diapers full time once ds3 was born a month later. I had 3 in diapers!!! The amount of trash going out the door each week was insane! The only good that came of it was it was what made me switch to cloth - I was ashamed at how many diapers I was putting into landfill, started to research cloth options, and by the time ds3 was one month old I had him in cloth full time. I never looked back. I can't wait until I can start buying cloth diapers for this wee one...hopefully in girly prints this time! :pray:

dannikins
February 16th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Z im in the middle of toilet training my 3rd too.
hes just turned 3.
he has good days and bad days....
he went though a phase where he thought it was funny to do it in his pants....drove me insane...

i just really want him trained before the baby comes, because i really dont want 3 still in nappies.

dannikins
February 16th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Doula, one of mine use to have those funny thumper moments too, would freak me out, kept thinking there was something wrong with him.

the dr said it was the baby having muscle spasms, but it still freaked me out.

Inglewood
February 18th, 2012, 07:19 AM
DM, I didn't believe her that it's hiccups! will ask my consultant on tues, she might have a better idea. What u have mentioned sounds alot more realistic! Lovely to hear ur 'nesting' I'm 29wks now and usually feel that around 37wks+ but won't even get that far!! Babies will be here in 7-ish wks!! Do NOT feel organised at all! So tired trying to sort house out to get it up for sale, which now looks like we won't be and doing a loft conversion. Dealing with a leaky roof 1st and trying to get quotes for roof windows and a staircase...... just so tired... Hope ur busy, but well?

Mocha, how are u? enjoying ur doppler? I'd use it all the time, just to hear them.... :)

Dannikins and DM, Twin 1 goes mental like that.... feel like it's diving round and round and up and down and jumping....crazy! poor twin 2 must get many a kick in the face lying like yin and yang!! lol

Mochagirl
February 18th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Mocha, how are u? enjoying ur doppler? I'd use it all the time, just to hear them.... :)

I haven't been able to find the heartbeat again since except one very brief bit the day after the first time - not long enough to register a heartrate. I know it's still really, really early to find the heartbeat so I'm willing myself not to worry...it's just so hard as I approach the point when I had my m/c last time. I admit I'm getting a bit obsessed - using it up to 3 times a day to try to find that elusive HB.

zanacal
February 18th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I haven't been able to find the heartbeat again since except one very brief bit the day after the first time - not long enough to register a heartrate. I know it's still really, really early to find the heartbeat so I'm willing myself not to worry...it's just so hard as I approach the point when I had my m/c last time. I admit I'm getting a bit obsessed - using it up to 3 times a day to try to find that elusive HB.

Aww, {hugs}. I've read that having a full blader is good.

Mochagirl
February 18th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I've tried a full bladder, I've tried different positions, and several different times of day. I'm hoping it's just that my little bean is hiding down low and that's why I can't get the heartbeat.

zanacal
February 18th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I'm sure it is mocha, it's incredibly early and I don't think the midwives here will even try that early because they know they mightn't find the heartbeat and that that might cause worry! What's the date of your 12 week scan?

Mochagirl
February 18th, 2012, 06:40 PM
It's not scheduled yet. I have my first mw appt on Wednesday and she'll give me the requisition then. I'm allowed to schedule it for anytime after 11 weeks - I was going to try to wait until 12 weeks so I could get a better nub shot. Unless anxiety takes over, I'll probably try to schedule it for the beginning of march.

Mochagirl
February 19th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I think I heard the heartbeat for a fleeting moment today before I lost it. It made me feel a lot better.

dannikins
February 19th, 2012, 07:02 PM
that happened when i first got my doppler too.
first time took me over an hour to find it, then for the next few weeks i had trouble finding it for more than a second.
a few more weeks and you will find it easy...:)

Mochagirl
February 19th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Thanks, dannikins - that makes me feel much better. I just found it so quickly that first successful day I was sure I'd be able to find it every day. All I ever end up hearing is my own boring heartbeat.

DoulaMama
February 20th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Glitter- Here is the woven wrap I have. I just love their wraps. So beautiful:) Make sure you check out Girasols too....look at paxbaby.com They have all the Girasols available....~~~drool~~~~

Mochagirl
February 20th, 2012, 07:48 AM
That's a gorgeous one, DM!

DoulaMama
February 20th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks Mocha!! I love the colors:) Ellevill has some gorgeous colours~ :HH:

zanacal
February 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM
That is a pretty colour DM - I love how the baby is wearing a matching hairclip!!

dannikins
February 20th, 2012, 04:00 PM
i have a new pic taken yesterday , exactly 25 weeks....

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/25weekss.jpg

zanacal
February 20th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Aww, perfect! I must do one soon too!

Mochagirl
February 20th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Beautiful belly, dannikins!

pastelpicnic
February 20th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Very handsome boys dannikins!!!! I should post a belly pic and a pic of me boys too! ;)

Glittergirl
February 20th, 2012, 09:44 PM
DM thank for all your baby carrying advice! I have learned so much and I'm off to shop for a ring sling for birth to 4 months...then a mei tei! yay I can't wait to wear my baby with confidence!!!! I'm always scared they aren't comfortable or can't breathe. your advice has been helpful!

zanacal
February 21st, 2012, 12:58 PM
GG - how many weeks do you have left? I was wondering about you this morning!

Glittergirl
February 21st, 2012, 03:34 PM
GG - how many weeks do you have left? I was wondering about you this morning!

I'm 37 weeks now! Yikes!!!! I'm starting to get excited, nervous, anxious, just emotional! I feel like there is so much left to do in such a short time. But I can't wait at the same time!!!

Trying to enjoy every bit of this too since it's our last :( so I'm making the most of these next few weeks. Enjoying the hard kicks and taking it all in so I wont forget what that feels like. I love when the baby moves around and just trying to enjoy it all!!!

DoulaMama
February 21st, 2012, 04:31 PM
You are so welcome, GG!! I'm so excited for you!! When did your boys arrive? Early, late? I hope you get the next 3 weeks to enjoy your last pregnancy:,) It's such an exciting time:) Blessings for an amazing birth and blissful babymoon:) xoxo

dannikins
February 22nd, 2012, 03:48 PM
GG that is soooo exciting, getting so close!!!

Glittergirl
February 22nd, 2012, 05:37 PM
You are so welcome, GG!! I'm so excited for you!! When did your boys arrive? Early, late? I hope you get the next 3 weeks to enjoy your last pregnancy:,) It's such an exciting time:) Blessings for an amazing birth and blissful babymoon:) xoxo
All my boys were 40 weeks! ds1and3 were a day after my EDD and ds2 5 days before my edd! So yup, thinking I'm gonna go the whole way!

princesssarah34
February 22nd, 2012, 09:27 PM
GG I can't believe that you are so close already! Crazy!! :omg:
I am still in the whole what I have so many weeks left.....please let it be over already! But I chalk that up to the fact I feel sick all the time, can't sleep, barely can move with my hip etc etc. This pg has been way worse than my others were...I am thankful that this is the last baby for us.....I don't know what I would do the next time......this baby is kicking my butt! :whip:

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.....and so many of you are so close too.....that's great!! :highfive:

dannikins
February 22nd, 2012, 11:26 PM
im only 25 weeks and starting to freak out about how close things are getting, and i havent done a thing yet!!!!
i know there is still heaps of time, but its just going so fast at the moment.
3 out of my 4 were born early one was born 35 weeks, and the last one was over due at 41 weeks, so not sure what to expect there.....

Glittergirl
February 23rd, 2012, 12:15 AM
I just ordered my ring sling! I can't wait to get it and try it on! It's nothing fancy, just a regular french twill one which should be comfortable in the az heat here but I'm excited to learn how to use and hopefully will use it all the time. Thanks again for your advice DM...ordered it from the lady you told me about and price was very good.

DoulaMama
February 23rd, 2012, 01:12 AM
I just ordered my ring sling! I can't wait to get it and try it on! It's nothing fancy, just a regular french twill one which should be comfortable in the az heat here but I'm excited to learn how to use and hopefully will use it all the time. Thanks again for your advice DM...ordered it from the lady you told me about and price was very good.
YAY!! So excited for you to use it with your new little Girly :) :HH: what colour is it?

Inglewood
February 23rd, 2012, 07:53 AM
Hi all, gosh many of us are all getting closer there..... I am 30wks today!

Didn't get my section date as Consultant wasn't there :( should get it in 2wks.

Mocha, my own midwife couldn't even find heartbeats at 16wks! they were both lying back to back with me. How did ur appt go with midwife? Did u book ur scan?

I'm trying to enjoy the 'kicks' too....bit hard when they seem like they are 'fighting' lol Mocha, bet u remember that well Very odd feeling compared to just 1 moving... but no complaints, nice to know they are well in there. Just over 3lbs each now...

Here is my 30wk bump!

zanacal
February 23rd, 2012, 09:23 AM
You look great Inglewood!

It's lovely to hear from you princesssarah - I'm with you on being glad this is my last pregnancy. This little lady is kicking my butt also!!

GG - so exciting! I hope it all goes smoothly and can't wait to hear about your baby's arrival!

AFM, I'm pretty sure I have sleep apnea and am seeing my doctor about it tomorrow. My reflux cough is also really bad (bizarrely I don't get any heartburn with it!). Does anybody have any advice on either of these? I feel like I'm just a mad woman with strange pregnancy symptoms that nobody else gets - and I'm tired after the disrupted sleep and worried about how it might be affecting my baby. Bah.

Mochagirl
February 23rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Mocha, my own midwife couldn't even find heartbeats at 16wks! they were both lying back to back with me. How did ur appt go with midwife? Did u book ur scan?

I'm trying to enjoy the 'kicks' too....bit hard when they seem like they are 'fighting' lol Mocha, bet u remember that well Very odd feeling compared to just 1 moving... but no complaints, nice to know they are well in there. Just over 3lbs each now...

What a gorgeous bump you have!

I had my first midwife appt yesterday. I finally got the results from my 8 week u/s, and baby was measuring 2 days ahead and there was a corpus luteum cyst on my left ovary, so I likely ovulated from the left side. I just made my 12 week scan appointment - March 7th at 10am. I'll be 12 weeks 4 days, so hopefully I can get a good nub shot!

And yeah - I hear you on how odd it feels to have 2 babies moving around inside you. Mine used to kick each other all the time. For me it was my first pregnancy, so I had nothing to compare it to, but now that I've felt only one baby move I realise how novel the twin experience was.

princesssarah34
February 23rd, 2012, 02:26 PM
You look great Inglewood!

It's lovely to hear from you princesssarah - I'm with you on being glad this is my last pregnancy. This little lady is kicking my butt also!!

GG - so exciting! I hope it all goes smoothly and can't wait to hear about your baby's arrival!

AFM, I'm pretty sure I have sleep apnea and am seeing my doctor about it tomorrow. My reflux cough is also really bad (bizarrely I don't get any heartburn with it!). Does anybody have any advice on either of these? I feel like I'm just a mad woman with strange pregnancy symptoms that nobody else gets - and I'm tired after the disrupted sleep and worried about how it might be affecting my baby. Bah.

I am right with you Z on the mad woman part.......this pg has been so different in symptoms I am having I think it is all in my head!! Even after talking with the Dr yesterday about them I really felt crazy! Oh well just 11 more weeks to go.....lord I hope I can make it!!!

zanacal
February 25th, 2012, 01:37 PM
A couple of photos from our 3D scan today! We didn't get a great look at her face because she was using the cord as a cushion. She's head down with her bum at the top of my tummy but she's completely doubled over with her toes by her ears!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/zandersmummy/P1020780.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/zandersmummy/P1020779.jpg

DoulaMama
February 25th, 2012, 04:09 PM
So cute, Z!!! She's just adorable!!! Can't wait to see pics once she's Earthside :HH:

lobella2
February 25th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Great pics Z! She is so cute!

dannikins
February 25th, 2012, 04:56 PM
cute scans Z
how exciting, i dont think you can EVER get sick of seeing ultrasound pics.

Mochagirl
February 25th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Gorgeous pics, Z! I've never had a 3d scan before, but I'm definitely getting one this pregnancy since it's my last.

Inglewood
February 26th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Z, tried to get on yest to wish u a good scan, damn laptop! But saw ur Fb pics this morning. She's a cutie.... how sweet she's all curled up. It's so diff to the usual NHS scans, I loved mine and wish I had the chance to get one with the boys. Was thinking of u yest and ds3, bet he was fab, no accidents? Twin 1 was using my placenta as a pillow!! funny. x

Mocha, I got worried yest the babies were quieter, twin 1 usually moves like mad, but is quieter these past few days and twin 2 doing all the moving. They are lying cephalic (twin 1) and transverse/oblique (twin 2) and I worry I can't feel twin 1move as much as it used too. Kept reminding myself, they are over 3lbs now and space is getting more limited!! They will sleep more too. I do feel them move, just not as much. So difficult trying to think are they both moving????

Off shopping today, have let my cupboards run almost empty! damn...did online grocery shopping the other week, but didn't like it...gonna do it once babies are here, but for now I will go while I still can!

Have a great day x

Mochagirl
February 26th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Inglewood - I know how you feel about worrying and trying to figure out who's moving and how often, but I think that's one of the reasons you get so many scans in a twin pregnancy - to take out some of that guesswork and put your mind at ease. When's your next scan?

it gets really hard for twins to move the further along you get. I remember that by the end the movements were small and not nearly as frequent as earlier on. There just simply isn't enough room in there for 2 once they get big!

Inglewood
February 26th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Mocha, your so right and it's nice to see someone else agree with me, so I don't think I'm a paranoid woman! lol

My next scan is on the 6th March, so just over a week. Felt both babies move today, so feel relieved. x

Wow, ur 11wks now! Did u book ur scan? x

Mochagirl
February 26th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Yep - my scan is booked for a week from Wednesday. I'll be 12W4D, so I'm hoping to get a good nub shot.

Now that bub's getting bigger, I can find the heartbeat pretty easily. It's making me feel very optimistic about this pregnancy.

zanacal
February 26th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks all. It's just occured to me that that was probably my last ever scan! It's funny because whenever I'm trying to figure out which way up she's lying I think 'well the kicks are all low down so she must be breach' - now I know the kicks are all low down but her head is there too (at least for the time being!). I'll try and get a still shot from the DVD of her positioning because it's so cute!

Inglewood - DS3 was a superstar. I'm actually concerned about how long he can hold his bladder for. He probably went in his pullup before he got out of bed yesterday but he didn't go again until 3pm! Prior to this I took him in every passing toilet to sit on his potty (I went every single time of course!) but he really won't go unless he's ready to so it's pointless really. You should have seen me zooming through M&S with the pushchair when he finally needed to go - and then throwing him in DH's direction when the queue in the ladies was really long! DS1, on the other hand, went at least 4 times while we were in TGI Fridays eating lunch!!

Inglewood
February 28th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Z, glad he was a wee star! My can he hold his wee!! lol Loving ur new ticker!

Mocha, not long to wait!! Hope u post ur pics xx

dannikins
March 4th, 2012, 02:55 AM
27 weeks!!!!!
wont be long and this baby will be here, time has gone so fast!!!!

Princess of Pink
March 4th, 2012, 03:16 AM
dan I don't know how you can have the strength to not find out!! I would love to obliviously sail through my next pregnancy and not find out....but I am terrified of PND if it's girl #6.

DoulaMama
March 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM
We're on the March chit chat now :D