PDA

View Full Version : Started IVF/PGD process for a baby girl

BabyD8679
September 30th, 2020, 03:14 PM
Hi All - I have been a member of this forum for a long time, mostly just reading others stories and trying to learn more about natural gender swaying. I am 34 years old and after having two beautiful boys I was finally able to convince my husband to do IVF for gender selection. He was strongly opposed to it at first but came around when he saw how important it was for me to try for a baby girl. We are in Northern VA and going to a doctor here that does gender selection. He seems to have great reviews and seems really knowledgeable about the process. I had my Day 3 ultrasound yesterday and found out I have a cyst on my right ovary which will delay the process until it’s gone. I felt sad and defeated yesterday, I just want the process to go smoothly. I’m extremely nervous about this journey and just pray that we end up with a healthy girl embryo to implant. I thought I’d jump on and say hello and share my journey through this process as we are still in the initial stages of tests. Next week I have 4 separate appointments for testing and a test transfer. Wish me luck!!

ksmom
September 30th, 2020, 03:56 PM
Hi and welcome! I'm sorry the cyst has delayed this process for you...as if the IVF process doesn't already feel long enough! I'm doing IVF too for a girl after three boys and am in the stimming phase. The whole process feels like one big whirlwind having so much to get done.

Best of luck to you!

BabyD8679
September 30th, 2020, 07:58 PM
Best of luck to you as well! Praying that we both end up with our baby girls after this! This is my one shot so I feel so much anxiety and most of all I’m just terrified if the results aren’t what I hope for I will be so upset. I will keep you posted on this thread with how it’s going!

atomic sagebrush
October 2nd, 2020, 02:48 PM
Hi and welcome!!! Good luck!!!!