PDA

View Full Version : Will be swaying sometime in 2013

TexasMommy
February 2nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
I have 3 beautiful little girls. But, im longing for a baby boy. DH & I plan to have ONE MORE. And we plan to do a boy sway....so im curious what are something that those of you have have SWAYED BLUE (&been successful) have done??

ELP
February 2nd, 2012, 01:02 PM
Things that I think were important for me and what I would do again was:
Supps
Wheat grass - full of nutrients
Bee pollen - again full of nutrients, but research to see if it is for you as can cause allergies which you never had
Vit D - as I was a total sun avoider
Prenatal - for an extra boost
Co-Q10 - to boost egg quality
Royal jelly - again to boost egg quality (plus I have a stack of the last 2 things in the cupboard!)

Supps DH
Over 50's multi-vit
Flaxseed
Co-q10 200mg

Diet
I cut bread completely from my diet, this was a personal choice! I found that it added to YI around ov time so signalling maybe that my body didn't like something in it. Plus by cutting it out I was forced to have a good replacement ready;) whether it was some pre-cooked potatoes from the fridge or grabbing a handful of nuts:agree:

I also cut chocolate and sweets completely as I was a sugar junky! No wonder my sugar levels were up and down all the time.

I had a daily supply of nuts, dried apricots and dried figs, excellent for a rushed breakfast or a sweet fix if I felt the need for something healthy but sweet. Plus the nuts are a great hunger satisfy-er, and you only needed a small handful to fill your belly.

I would make extra dinner each evening as left over dinners made a great blue lunch, especially fried up mashed veg sprinkled with cheese, mmm,mmmm!

Timing
I wanted a cut off, thought it would be 24 hrs turned out to be around 48 hrs, only because I wanted all swimmers further up inside ready for starters orders, and hoped that the boy conditions would win out, which it looks like they did:agree:

Weight training
A little goes along way!! just carrying your children around on your back or lifting them up as presses makes a noticeable difference to your muscles, plus!! they start coming to you and asking so theres no forgetting your exercises lol!

This is a basic run down of what I done, and I would be happy doing this again, with for me the priority would be cutting out bread and sweets, adding wheatgrass, Vit D and bee pollen, DH's supps and at home muscle training, small things which made a big difference to my lifestyle!

I can't wait for you to start swaying Texas, I reckon you've got a great chance:agree:

ELP
February 2nd, 2012, 02:22 PM
Good heavens that turned into a massive post lol!!!

auroara78
February 2nd, 2012, 03:08 PM
I think ELP has some fantastic ideas :agree:

I'd go overboard with healthy oils and fats!! Avacodos, olive oils, olives themselves, salmon, the really healthy fatty but monounsaturated type of foods...I was eating a lot of that when I got preggo with two boys! I'd consider taking fish oil supps as I was taking these with DS1 and was weight training trying to firm up when I accidentally got pregnant with him.

Waiting4Daisy
February 10th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I have three boys without doing anything (to sway for them I mean). My diet varies from being quite healthy to being quite junk foody but I do eat a lot of carbohydrates like bread, and lots of chicken/red meat. I live off energy drinks and drink these all the time especially Lucozade. I also drink a lot of full sugar soda. My first boy was a 4 day cut off, DS2 was a 5 day cut off and DS3 was probably day of O so I'm not a big believer in timing. Only thing I can add is that I do not like milk or dairy and eat/drink very little x

LolaInLove
February 10th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Hey Texas! I just wanted to say that I am glad you are trying again next year. I hope your new little one is doing well! You can totally do it, and I would just try to slowly work all of this into your life starting sometime this year, although you don't want to gain too much weight like I did, LOL. I've been swaying way too long, although not really doing much anymore. I really like reading the How we got our boys thread also, because those moms are rocking it out with like 3 in a row, so they are doing something boy-friendly there. Good luck, hon!