PDA

View Full Version : The whole Mucus Plug thing :/

Journey2dFuture
February 2nd, 2012, 11:22 AM
I'm hoping I can ask away here however silly people may think it be.

On Tuesday 31st Jan - DH and I DTD in the morning, It was super uncomfortable and hurt :/ Like he was hitting my cervix's or something :/
On Wednesday afternoon weather it be related to doing DTD or I don't know. But I had some CM which was out of the norm from I've seen before. It was a small lump of green/yellow ish - Looked like a bad boogie when you have a virus.
I started to do a little research online and it came back it could be the Mucus plug - If you lose it so early it means you will miscarry..

Although I also read that the Mucus plug renews itself throughout the pregnancy many times..

Has anyone ever had this or can offer any information?

purplepoet20
February 2nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
It could have been his stuff coming out and sometimes it changes color when mixed with your fluids.... I was afraid of this with both my boys but my OB said that the female body changes so much during pregnancy it can cause changes in male fluids as it leaves your body.

If it was related to the mucus plug there would be brown or reddish in it as well.

Journey2dFuture
February 2nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
That's what i thought, Thanks for the feedback :)

purplepoet20
February 2nd, 2012, 11:44 AM
If you are ever worried about m/c after relations... try some extra resting. Easier if done before bed because you just go to sleep. If in the morning try to limit activity in the morning hours. Avoid any "touchy feely" from DH like foot massages, lower back, pressure points, and boob stimulation. Massage should be done by someone who knows what points trigger labor or m/c. It's hard to go without massages but weekly massage from a pro is amazing.

DoulaMama
February 2nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
For me, it's the mucous plug. I lose it early and often and it's because I'm on baby #4 and my cervix is always 1-2cm dilated. I've never had a miscarriage so I'm guessing it's just normal to shed some mucous for some. The plug does regenerate so don't worry:) Mine is yellowy/snotty etc as well...and it comes out of me on a daily basis. I can't blame it on sex though...we haven't DTD in 6 weeks;)

atomic sagebrush
February 2nd, 2012, 04:40 PM
When people lose their plug due to potential miscarriage, it's because their cervix is starting to dilate because of the potential miscarriage - not that losing a little piece of plug causes miscarriage, but instead that miscarriage causes you to lose the plug. Good luck!

TTC5
February 2nd, 2012, 05:54 PM
The plug can re build itself. I'm sure your fine! xx