PDA

View Full Version : Who is using Soy in place of clomid?

purple sky
February 2nd, 2012, 05:21 PM
Today is CD 1. I am really thinking about using Soy this cycle. Anyone else? How/when are you taking? I'm still not sure about what to think about how it sways.... I'm a little nervous..Thoughts?

purple sky
February 2nd, 2012, 08:21 PM
anyone? Maybe I should stay away? I also take saw palmetto and vitex so not sure it's ok to mix anyway..

ladybug
February 2nd, 2012, 09:38 PM
I took it this month from cd 3-7....I did 100,100,100,150,200....I did ovulate the same as normal but i had a ton more cramps so I was hoping it is a stronger ovulation....I am 6 dpo we will see :)

purple sky
February 2nd, 2012, 10:43 PM
Are you taking any other supps ladybug?

ladybug
February 2nd, 2012, 10:56 PM
Just b6 & 12. I took it at night so the side effects wouldn't be bad.
I did get headaches. I don't think you can take any other supplement with soy

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2012, 10:43 AM
I personally don't think you should mix and match the hormonal supps (SP and V) with either Clomid or Soy because they may interfere with each other. SP and V complement each other but the soy seems to be better just on its own.

That having been said, they do sell some herb blends that DO contain SP and soy (for prostate problems) and I know of a couple people who took V and soy together and didn't explode LOL.

Basically, I don't recommend it but some people have done it.

If you do decide to go with soy, be sure that you take antihistamine because it may increase your CM.

purple sky
February 3rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Thanks atomic, I think I will skip taking soy this cycle. If I don't get pregnant I will consider next month.

NewYorkmom
February 3rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
I conceived a girl 3 years ago on a heavy soy diet. It is a prepacked meal plan diet called Medifast. It is around 1200 calories a day. I have decided not to go that route this time because the diet is vitamin fortified and expensive. I had other factor going on at the time too like rapid weight loss and I was doing lots of cardio. I too have thought about using soy but am using Vitex and SP instead. The soy really screwed up my cycles too.

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
1200 cals + weight loss + lots of cardio tends to sway pink regardless of whether it's fortified or not!

Very interesting NYM, thanks for sharing!!