PDA

View Full Version : Who had a faild cycle with Savvas and why?

lisvna
February 2nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Lately I hear many stories of woman who went to Savvas and came back with a BFN with no good reason. Most of the time they are healthy and Savvas can't give them a good explenation what went wrong.

It worries me and I want to hear stories from everyone who went and ended up with a unclear BFN so we have it all in one place.

All the girls who emailed me or already posted it I ask to do it again so everybody can read and maybe learn!

I'll be leaving in April for my second attempt.

faithuk
February 3rd, 2012, 04:02 PM
As you can see from my sig I have had two failed cycles with Savvas. There is never a clear explanation to why it did not work. Both failed cycles I had two perfect embryos transfered. It is a case that they did not implant. I had know fertility problems and was able to conceive both of my boys naturally but the ivf cycle is a whole new ball game. There are ladies on here that have cycled up to 6 times at verious clinics and it has still not worked.

All the best for your next cycle hun xxxxxxx

nuthinbutpink
February 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
What kind of protocol does he use? What medications? Dosages?

lisvna
February 4th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Faituk i know it's a huge gambling game and I'm aware of that! I think Savvas is a great doctor and also very nice. He treated me very good but he tells everyone there is a 85 percent chance. So I'd like to know what happened, is it just coinsedence that there were so many bfn? Is there a certain reason? Is the 85 percent realistic? Is there something going on there in the lab?

Faituk did he chanced your protocol last time? Which downregulation medication did you took and which stimulation? In which dosage? Did you took other supplements?

lisvna
February 4th, 2012, 10:09 AM
NBP: Protocol and medications is from person to person different right?

Pink4me
February 4th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Rainsbury who worked in conjunction with Savvas (I think Rainsbury is like a middle man) quotes a 20% success rate on his website per single treatment cycle with a max of 45% over 3 cycles. This is based on one embryo being transfered. The % increases if more embryos are transfered. I don't know if this helps. I guess the 85% chance would be more realistic if it was based on 3 cycles and if you transfered 2 embryos each time. I hope this makes sense as I've got mu one year old son bouncing on my knee. x

nuthinbutpink
February 4th, 2012, 11:27 AM
85% is 100% ridiculous. Nobody should quote that.

Protocol *should* be different but that's why I asked-to see if it is.

lisvna
February 4th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Pink4me thank you! Did you cycle with dr Savvas? And did you got pregnant on the first try?

wanting a boy
February 4th, 2012, 03:02 PM
i cycled with rainsbury 1st, awfull of course bfn i think he is just a greedy middle man, second bfp with savvas direct but unfortuntantly a chemical, but the situation was soo much better and he handled everything fantastic and becouse of that we have one AA grade on ice i completly trust him and fingers crossed for 3rd time lucky

Doublechoc
February 5th, 2012, 02:38 AM
I asked savvas if his 80% success rate was based on the 20% given to me based on my age, results, with own eggs etc... His reply...

The pregnancy rate I have given you relates to treatment outcomes for patients between 20 and 44 years old. The pregnancy rate for patients between 39-42 only has been 50%.

Nbp I agree protocol should be different but from what I read here he tends to stick to the same protocol. I have questioned him on this being a low responder his response;

In conclusion the long protocol with daily dosage administration produces a more homogenous follicular growth at least an equally good number of eggs at retrieval, better embryo number and quality and mostly is more effective in terms in avoiding premature LH surge (premature ovulation).

Anyway there is really no proven protocol that works the best otherwise all clinics would be doing it so I am willing to try
something new and with the sperm sort keeping fx for at least 1 to transfer!

Good luck all

Louby
February 5th, 2012, 06:31 AM
I cycled with Rainsbury and Savvas in 2006 but had a chemical. Before deciding where to go the next time i did email Savvas to see with my pretesting what meds he would put me on. They were the same as before, i think there is only 1 protocol given to all. Meds after maybe slightly different and the only change he wanted to make was put 3 back instead of 2 previously. He is a very nice man and i didn't have a problem with Rainsbury either, after you fail I didn't hear anything. Savvas always kept in touch but doesn't like you asking questions. Savvas is the embryologist and has someone else doing the ER, ET for him. His clinic has seen good results over the last wee while.

Pink4me
February 5th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Pink4me thank you! Did you cycle with dr Savvas? And did you got pregnant on the first try?

I haven't been yet. I'm due to go for my first cycle in June. All the bfn's are starting to worry me though. x

lisvna
February 5th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Yes I totally understand....it worries me too but only at the end you know if you made the right choice and that is so damn hard!!!!!

lisvna
February 5th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Louby I saw that you had 1 failed cycle with Savvas and then 1failed with dr Potter am I right? Do you know what went wrong? What are you going to do know? Which one is better choice? Dr P or dr S?

Louby
February 5th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Yes, i have had a chemical with Savvas and Dr Potter. No explanation from Savvas, just keep trying and put back 3. Change of protocol and drips, etc with Potter. Going to do some immune testing too. I can't say who was better, everyone is different. I like the fact protocol can be altered and would like to keep with the same doctor for continuity but Savvas has the sperm sort. All personal choice. I haven't been to Savvas' new clinic-Genesis. Hope that helps. x

lisvna
February 5th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Thanks Louby!