PDA

View Full Version : So scared of getting GD again.

TTC5
February 3rd, 2012, 09:05 PM
DH told me last night he thinks I am having another girl. I thought it was a boy but then starting thinking maybe that is because I would love a boy so much. I think it is now a girl and I am starting to feel so scared I am going to have GD..

I think I am feeling this way because DH keeps telling me every.single.day, this is the last one and it just makes it feel so final that I am never ever going to experience bringing a little boy in to the world :(

Cinss
February 3rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
There is a chance you will get a boy this time.

TTC5
February 3rd, 2012, 09:21 PM
As long as the baby is healthy and I have a safe delivery that is my main concern but yeah.. can't stop thinking that I am just destined for all girls.

I keep telling myself not to consider the possibility of it being a boy because I don't want to get false hopes IYKWIM?

I don't want to find out what it is during the pregnancy because hopefully when the baby is born and on me looking up at me I won't even care!! DH wants to find out but I really really don't want to because I am almost certain I am going to hear what I have always heard..

I have gone to look at baby names and want to chose a boy name but that little voice inside my head says "Don't do that, don't get attached to anything boy related just stick with girls.."

Cinss
February 3rd, 2012, 09:58 PM
I know there is nothing worse than getting your hopes up to only be disappointed in the end. I think it is really brave of you to wait until the birth to find out the sex, that will be the best surprise ever, either way. But on the other hand, if you do find out early and you hear boy, how happy will you be for the remainder of your pregnancy. It's a really tough choice, you know you have the support of all of us here no matter what you decide to do. I just did a quick google and came across this - The Odds of Having Another Boy or Girl (http://www.in-gender.com/xyu/odds/gender_odds.aspx) If you have another girl making you a 5 girl family, you will be a very rare and special family, under 6% of the population achieve that.

Mochagirl
February 3rd, 2012, 10:06 PM
Oh hun, I know exactly how you feel. We swayed unsuccessfully with ds3, and I was a wreck when I found out he was a boy. I worry every day that the same thing's going to happen again, and I worry about what my reaction will be knowing for sure this is our last pregnancy - last time what helped me recover was thinking maybe we could try again, but I won't have that to help me this time.

auroara78
February 3rd, 2012, 10:10 PM
TTC5,

I worry about all these same things. I worry that my desire for a girl is overtaking me, and it's making me feel like I have a "gut feeling" about girl, when really it could just be desire. I also feel dubious now about my sway, and how can sways much better than mine and still result in boys? How can my so-so sway result in a girl when I already have had two boys?

Obviously, healthy baby is most important, but I just would love to be content with 3 kids. And my fear is if this boy 3, it's going to definitely propel me to a 4th, and I've been wavering on whether i'd ever want 4 kids or not for a while now.

Then tonight my grandma in law took the 4 year old to her house for a sleepover and the baby went to bed super early, and I can't tell you how good it feels to have some freedom and peace and quiet!!! I don't know if I can really handle 4 if this one is another boy..and well, my 2nd sister tried again and again for a girl (she didn't know about swaying, just hoped) and ended up with 4 boys.

I hate myself for saying that, as if boys are a curse, because I love my little men, as I'm sure you love your girls...but you know what I mean....

:hugs:

Princess of Pink
February 3rd, 2012, 10:11 PM
GREAT....why can't I be in the 6% of the population that wins lotto...rather than has 5 of the same gender!! LOL

I am secretly terrified that it will come back too 5....it was a dark few years back then and I am happy now to hear girl....but when I actually hear girl maybe that will change ya know!!

purple sky
February 3rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=Princess of Pink;140153]GREAT....why can't I be in the 6% of the population that wins lotto...rather than has 5 of the same gender!! LOL

OMG I was thinking the exact same thing today.. LOL

TTC5 - You still have a very good chance of this baby being a boy :) I do know how you feel though and i probably will feel the same way when/if I get pregnant again. Maybe it's a good idea to wait to find out gender if it makes it easier to accept ( i'm 95% sure I will wait too).

TTC5
February 3rd, 2012, 10:38 PM
Oh hun, I know exactly how you feel. We swayed unsuccessfully with ds3, and I was a wreck when I found out he was a boy. I worry every day that the same thing's going to happen again, and I worry about what my reaction will be knowing for sure this is our last pregnancy - last time what helped me recover was thinking maybe we could try again, but I won't have that to help me this time.

Yep same! If I knew we could have more it would not bother me. I would love a girl of course. Just be sad that I am never going to have a boy.

TTC5
February 3rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
I figure if I don't find out I can just enjoy my pregnancy of being pregnant with "baby" and also, can avoid "oh not ANOTHER girl"... and if, it happens to suprise us and be a boy that would be an amazing suprise at birth!

fivebabies
February 9th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Oh Hun I am so sorry that you are feeling this way. :( I would also suggest not finding out. It's the only way to avoid true GD in my opinion. You could very well be carrying a boy!! :)

Just enjoy your pregnancy reguardless of gender....you worked VERY hard to conceive that baby and are lucky to be pregnant. And you DESERVE that baby. :)

Hobbermittens
February 9th, 2012, 11:17 PM
TTC5, I am right there with you. I am pretty sure my sway failed, and I am kicking myself daily for the one part of my sway that I feel like I "messed up" (I think I ovulated early, so my timing was off--totally out of my control, but I can't help but blame myself). The fact that all those stupid psychics keep telling me "girl" isn't helping either! I had a long cry today, thinking about how awful it is that I won't get another baby boy to cuddle. We are DONE after this baby, and so, like Mocha said, even though the thought of trying again helped my GD last time, I don't have that comfort this time... it feels awful.

I hope you do have a baby boy in there, TTC5... that baby is a little miracle, either way; it went through so much to get to you. Just a few months ago, you were afraid you couldn't have any more babies! I know that doesn't take away from the sting of GD, but I think that baby was meant to be. :)

TTC5
February 9th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Thanks for all the great words of support guys. I am feeling better now and have not been feeling "worried" :) What will be will be!!

tinksmagic
February 10th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Isn't it nice to know you're not alone in feeling that way?? I thought I was the worst mother in the world 7 years ago when the tech said "Girl". NO ONE could ever understand the feeling until they go through it! You are so not alone :)

Hoping you hear BOY! This seems to be the time of year for them, FX for you!!!

LolaInLove
February 10th, 2012, 10:13 AM
TTC5, remember just a little over a month ago or so when we were all working to figure out how to get your IVF paid for since the docs supposedly had screwed up your fertility? THIS IS A BLESSING, and you should totally remind yourself of that anytime you start worrying about never having a boy. I would give anything to have a healthy little girl nestled safely in my belly right now. I know it's easier said than done to not worry about it, but life will go on either way. It will. You just have to take a deep breath and realize that you very well may have a baby boy in there now, and there is no reason to get worried about it! Don't let those pg hormones get the best of you. :kiss:

Bumblebee
February 10th, 2012, 10:43 AM
hey hun hope you feel better I'm in the same boat wondering if I will ever be blessed with a boy, the way I see to cope with it and not stress this time is to do as little as possible related to finding or guessing the gender and just try to relax and take everything as it comes. I'm also not going to find out the sex and think of any specific names until the baby is born. I think it will help me avoid Gender disappointment not knowing until baby is born because we always fall in love with our baby when its born no matter what. I hope all our dreams come true xx

TTC5
February 16th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks guys, I am feeling so much better :)